Start by marking “It Starts With L (The Letters of Love Series Book 1)” as Want to Read:
It Starts With L (The Letters of Love Series Book 1)

(Letters of Love #1)

High school is tough, and Arielle knows this all too well.

She’s slightly chubbier than most of the other girls and gets reminded of this every day. And the fact that she’s never had a boyfriend makes her prime meat for the bullying crowd.

But then in walks Blake, the cute new boy who sweeps her off her feet and stands up to her bullies. Instant swoon.

Now with a guy at he
Published July 18th 2017 by Limitless Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about It Starts With L, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It Starts With L

Mischenko
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
To see my Q&A with Cassandra Fear, enter the giveaway, and read my reviews for two of her books, please visit readrantrockandroll.com

Arielle is a teenager dealing with typical high school drama and bullying, but won’t let it change her. She’s a simple girl from a good family, but deals with a few insecurities about her weight and appearance, until she meets Blake.

Blake stands up for her and makes her feel more confident. As their relationship blooms, everything seems to be perfect, until Bla
Susan
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya

Cassandra Fear

IT STARTS WITH L is the first book in The Letters of Love Series. Arielle is your typical teenager dealing with typical high school drama. She gets picked on and bullied because she is slightly chubby and has many insecurities because of it. That is until she meets the new kid at school. Blake really takes to Arielle and makes her feel beautiful. Her confidence starts to grow and her heart begins to fall in love with Blake. He feels the same way about her and soon t
Jules.Bookverse
Real life without any cover ups and fairy tales. Just life as it happens. That's what I thought about the story at the end.

It has a friendship that makes it out of a rough time. A loving family that had to fight back their tears. Complicated relationships and some major diseases. All happening during the main characters first steps into the grown-up world and her first love.

I really like the topics that came together in this book, like mentioned above. But I wished the different stories would be
A-man-duh
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First off, right off the bat, I want to give mad props to Cassandra Fear. Most of the time in books, teenagers come off as picture perfect cookie cutter characters with no realness to them. Cassandra's Arielle was a perfect example of a REAL teenager. She had real feelings. She went through real problems that teens face in their lives. There was no fakeness to this character at all.
Because of that, I was able to connect with her on a level of where when she hurt, I hurt. I love being able to co
H.L.
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is an emotionally driven story that makes you really feel things you haven't felt in a long time and in a whole new way. Everything from the characters to the plot itself was completely relatable and takes you back to your high school years! I have read Cassandras other novels and while they were good none of them compared to the emotions that this one held. It made me laugh, cry, and scream at the book all at the same time. I love to read and while most of my books are ebooks I have to hav ...more
Sarah Calaway
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Where do I start? First of all, I won a free ebook copy of this book as part of a Facebook author takeover. I have been dying to read this book because I've been hearing about it. At first, I wasn't sure what to expect or if I'd enjoy it that much even though it is in a genre I have read quite a bit of.

The beginning drew me in and I could relate to Arielle. She's not only relatable but a strong female character that I can see being a role model. I loved Arielle's character and how she's unique
Reviewer King
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cassandra Fear is a natural when it comes to writing. I've read two other books from her, and I can definitely tell you that she does not disappoint with this one.

When it comes to loving a book, I always want it to be fast-paced, thorough and have major kick ass characters.

It Starts With All ticks all those criterias and more. It was a fun, enjoyable book. You can read it at the beach, in your backyard or at a quiet local coffee shop.

I felt the raw emotions and tender development between Blake
Heather Gabrielle
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I consider myself a fast reader, but boy did I ever fly through this book quickly!

The storyline and characters were totally relatable, bringing back memories of my own first love and, of course, the excitement of first kisses! Over the past few years, I've really fallen in love with the YA genre and this one fits nicely inside that niche, giving us a story that grabbed my attention and didn't let go until the last page!

Overall, I'd say this is a sweet, engrossing story which I would recommend
Charmain Denton
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! A lot of this story brought back loads of memories. I found myself laughing in part, getting angry in parts and flat out sobbing in others! I am sure loads of people will relate to some part of this book. Another great book for Mrs. Fear!! Kudos
Kathy - Books & Munches
I got this book thanks to a tweet on Twitter, where I requested to read and write a review for this book. I got lucky and received the e-Book not that long after! So, with this, I want to thank Cassandra Fear for giving me the opportunity to read her book and write a review on it.

I don't know what's gotten into me lately, but I seem to be all over the romantic books all of a sudden. And, if you check out the cover , you can see this time is no different! Romance oozes out of it and it immediate
Nicole Lambert
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
NOTE: I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review.

First and foremost, I would like to apologize for the lateness of this review. I had a lot going on these past two weeks that rendered me exhausted. With that being said, I finished this book about a week ago, and I have to say it was probably the best Cassandra Fear book I've read thus far (and I have read and reviewed her other two books as well).

I suppose my favorite part of this book was the fact that it doesn't end like a
Ariana *mommy's late night book-up*
It Starts With L was a great YA story. The way the characters spoke and acted really made you feel as if you were inside the head of a teenage girl, which I have found some other books in this genre to lack. The story moved at a quick pace, and kept me wanting to turn the page to see what would happen next.

When Arielle and Blake first met, it was lust at first sight. Their relationship formed and moved very quickly, and Arielle's emotions were all over the place. It reminded me of what it was l
Cristina
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Too good to not be read

Such a heartbreaking story about love, trust, loss and finding the power to be yourself again.

I fell in love with it from the beggining. It's that kind of story that goes straight to your heart and doesn't get down from there. At first, I thought it was another one of those stories, with teens that fell in love, then gets heartbroken, but I was wrong. It's more than that.

I love how the author tells her story and how well her characters are developed, how strong they are,
Rachael
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
"It Starts with L" is a fast, easy read with great one-liners and interesting characters. I was transported back to my time as a teenager while reading this book and I was almost walking in the footsteps of the main character, recalling that her reactions/thoughts are exactly what I would have experienced at that age. Sweet coming-of-age YA book that gives you emotional freedom to be a teen again.
Ally
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fear captures the pain and joy of teenage love in It Starts with L. From angst to heartache and back again, Arielle discovers first love means sacrifices and patience. I was pleasantly surprised by the ending and found it very uplifting and sweet, a reminder that good things really to do come to those who wait.
Kris
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Real life story. Can actually hear these things being said. Young teen struggles with self esteem, meets a new boy, he overlooks her looks and sees the real person in her. Real family situations. Didn't see the ending coming! Great read!
Morgona LaFree
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Emotional yet incredible novel that shows incredibly real yet superficial high school life. Reccomended for readers of all ages.
Jessica Calla
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this sweet, sad, YA Contemporary. It has a real-life feel to it that I adore. More comprehensive review to follow...
Katlin Musial
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
WOW...

I received this book for an honest review.

To begin this review, I'd like to let you know I go into books like this knowing absolutely nothing about them, sometime I don't get a cover. I'm lucky if there is a blurb on goodreads about it that I can get a good idea of what the books is going to be about.

Upon the first sentence of the book - finding out my main character is a junior in high school makes me roll my eyes and already predict that I will not like it. First, I wonder why I immedia
Neilliza Swaffar
May 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
*ARC provided by Author in exchange for an honest review**

Author Cassandra Fear wrote such a beautiful book that is close to her heart. With every word I read, I became more and more consumed with the life of teenager Arielle. The smart, humble and very forgiving girl with so much heart. The story was a fast paced teenage romance and more, that will pull any reader in.

Arielle was new in high school, an average girl who had the best of friend Jess. Jess and Arielle did everything together, but
Chrissy
Oct 01, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a really good story. I thought the characters were likeable and well written, the story was sweet and interesting. I loved the bond Arielle had with her family. I felt really bad for Blake in regards to his family and thought it was great that he was so easily accepted into Arielle's. There were some things that I wish were done differently though. I thought the part about Jess should have been a little more integrated in the story. It was strange that she was such a huge part of Ariell ...more
Krista
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Arielle has her family, her best friend Jess and the chickens. And of course, not being a skinny popular girl, her very own bully. But then Blake shows up and shows her a whole different world. I really enjoyed this story of self-discovery, learning your worth more than your peers show you, first love and heartache. This is the first book I've read by Cassandra Fear and I was not disappointed. I don't know if there is another book in this series yet, but I'm hoping book 2 is Blake's story. I rea ...more
Marsha
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
It Starts With L

Arielle is the girl who is slightly heavier than the other girls and only has one true friend. Until a blonde boy catches her eye. Enter Blake. Sigh. I love Blake.. even if he was a bit of a flake. Ha! See what I did there? Either way, I liked this book even if I was less than thrilled about how it ended. Life though, right?
Kirsty Turner
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really loved this story until the last 20%. For me, the ending was a bit rushed and I felt a bit confused as it seemed to jump straight into something new which I wasn't expecting. Overall I quite liked the book though and I will definitely be checking out the other work from this author.
Nykki Mills
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sweet coming-of-age story that will melt your heart!
Mack Black
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
LOVED it!
Evelyn Dotson
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Arielle is 16, not very popular and comes from a great family. She has never had a boyfriend or been kissed. She has a best friend named Jess and they live in Ohio. One day, a new student started school named Blake. He was from South Carolina. They took to each other very quickly and started a relationship. It seemed to go well at first, and then he broke up with her. She also discovered something frightening about her best friend. The story is a tender romance fraught with teen angst, first lov ...more
Casey Carlisle
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary, romance
I actually feel a bit lost for words... ‘It Starts With L’ didn't feel like a novel, more like an extended journal entry. It is a journey of self-discovery through a series of events, but I feel like we don't get resolution to the challenges set up at the start of the book.

It is realistic and has a wonderful portrayal of family. Arielle feels like the clueless teen I was in high school. Half the time going with the flow, the other feeling out directions to take life in. The relationship thing fe
Mandy
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the story of Arielle she wasn't a typical teenager. She was bullied by the girls in high school just she didn't fit into their mould of what a High-school student should look like.
Blake was a newcomer he arrived at the school and immediately was taken aback by Arielle.
He was attentive and made her feel more beautiful than she had ever felt before. Could this feeling last? Could the love she feels for Blake last or will her life change when it was least expected.
She was trusting with not
Melody Davis
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Unusual

There was so much about her romance with Blake. There was so little about Tyler. I don't remember a book ending that way.
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Combine Paperback and ebook editions 3 15 Mar 12, 2018 07:19AM
Goodreads Librari...: I need help merging two book listings 3 13 Jul 18, 2017 08:49PM
Cassandra Fear lives in the only state one can experience all four seasons in one day: Ohio. She has a husband and two beautiful children she spends her days with, along with two dogs she adores. Her favorite hobby, besides reading, is taking care of her fish tank. Ever since she was a kid she’s known she’d be a writer. She just didn’t know when it would happen. Breaking down, she finally bought h ...more