Start by marking “Her Real Man” as Want to Read:

Her Real Man

An imperfect firefighter defined by his past.
A determined author on a mission for the truth.
When Ana Mathews searches for book-boyfriend inspiration, she gets more than she expected from Gavin McLeod. Her quest to find imperfection could be the spark that brings to life their chance at happiness, or the burn that could destroy it all.
Published March 6th 2018 by Hot Tree Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Her Real Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Real Man

ItaPixie
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

Her Real Man was a sweet romantic story a little bit on the short side but perfect for a lazy Sunday read.

I enjoyed so much to read Ana' s quest to find a real man to write and to portray the Heroes of her books less stereotypically.When she meets Gavin she thinks she's found what she was looking for and she is ready to put him into her next novel but he will also surprise her.

I recommend to read Natalina Reis stories because they are all good and her writing is flawless.

Copy kindly provided

A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
I was interested in this book because of the fireman aspect of it. Not for the ripped abs and tattooed biceps but because my own “real man” used to be a firefighter. I was hoping for something different with this book and that’s what I got! There were a couple of unexpected plot twists that made this story more intriguing. I liked the humor and especially Ana’s awkwardness because I can relate to that. There were two things about the book I didn’t like. One being that it was so short. I get inve ...more
Bobbi Wagner
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Her Real Man (Rescue Me Collection Book 0) by Natalina Reis is a short romantic comedy that you won't be able to put down. I love this author's books as they are well written and everyone of them pull me into the story with ease. This one is no different. Her attention to details made me feel as if I was right there with the characters. The characters are lovable and connectable. They will make you feel as if you are friends with them. This story will show you that you never know what fate has i ...more
E.A.
Her Real Man by Natalina Reis was an epic cute, feel good book that had me all gushy on the inside.

A short read and my first by this author, I was a little worried that the characters would fall flat. But, that was not the case. Ana went from a shut in, to a sex kitten in a matter of 156 pages. It wasn't all easy sailing, ups, downs, emotional growth and of course that moment I wanted to slap her for being a stubborn fool. God it's amazing what talking does.

Gavin, Gavin, Gavin... I think you'r
Cindy
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rescue Me Collection
Book 0
☆☆☆☆☆
This novel is a romance story. Loaded with many feels, honesty and trust play a big role in this story.

Ana Mathews is a romance writer. She is out and about looking for a real man. Her subject, a fireman with down to earth perfection. Not the muscle bound hot man that most books talk about. Being shy this subject is going to push her out of her comfort zone. Can Ana found her perfect fireman?

Gavin McLeod is a firemen, just not the mode
Angela
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

Her Real Man by Natalina Reis is part of the Rescue Me Collection and was everything I expected from this talented author. It was funny, a little sad at times- with complex characters that I couldn’t help but like. They were realistic and believable. There were some unexpected developments that really pulled me in. The story was a very quick, easy and delightful read.
I would have liked to have read a slightly longer version of this story, because I would like to have stayed in Ana and Ga
Nicole
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Her Real Man (Rescue Me Collection Book 0)
4 Stars

Natalina Reis spins an enjoyable story about an author and her subject. Being a reader of romance books I was interested to read this. The story is short but does manage to hook the reader fairly quickly. This book looks to be the first in the ‘Rescue Me Collection’ for Ms. Reis.

Ana is a writer and just like all writers she is looking for inspiration (at least I would think most writers look for inspiration for their characters). S
Kelli
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Book Review: Her Real Man
Author Natalina Reis
FOUR STARS
This book is part of the Rescue Me series by Natalina Reis. In Her Real Man, Ms. Reis is writing about a writer who is looking for a " real man" not a super sexy, Adonis to grace the pages of her novella. Ana is in need of a firefighter who is an average guy to please her editor. Being tired of the "super-buff, testosterone-oozing, romantic hero", she was looking for an everyday man.
Gavin is a firefighter with a secret, or not so much of a s
Jennifer Pierson
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Her Real Man is a very sweet & shorter story that I really enjoyed thoroughly. Ana Mathews is an author looking for a "normal" firefighter for her next book because she's tired of writing about the "perfect" fantasy men. When she stakes out a firehouse nearby her house, she meets Gavin McLeod, a very yummy firefighter that she feels an instant connection with. And on her quest for imperfection, they start to date. Ana was a naive woman who has been burned in the past by her marriage so she i ...more
Kathy Wideman
Natalina is a new to me author. I really enjoyed this book. It had me laughing out loud. This book is different than most. Ana is an author. She writes typical books about hot, muscled, alpha men. However, she decides that she wants to write a book about a real man. She heads down to her local firehouse to find one. She needs to write a novella about a firefighter so why shouldn’t she use that book as her book about a real man. She finds a real man, a real man for her. I love Gavin so much. He h ...more
Tracy Margis
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Her Real Man by Natalina Reis was part of her Rescue Me Collection, Book 0. This was a short, sweet novella where Ana, a romance author is trying to write a story about a "normal" man instead of the regular romance God that is created in most Romance books. She starts shadowing the local Fire Dept, trying to finding a normal guy, but instead runs into Gavin. Who she falls for. But they both have scars from their past. Can they get over their pasts to be able to come together? I thought the book ...more
Anesha Coleman
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
An imperfect firefighter defined by his past.
A determined author on a mission for the truth.

I loved the humor and I can especially relate to Ana’s awkwardness. It was a short read which isn't really a problem except it made the characters feel like I didn'
Katie
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars

I really do adore this authors writing! She manages to fill such short books with wonderful storylines, characters and plots. I love it when authors wrote books about authors as I always wonder is that what its really like, is that how they research their books etc. I fell in love with Ana straight away, she made me laugh, especially when she is caught ‘spying’ in the firemen (although given half a chance I would probably spy on firemen too!!)
Gavin was a great
Tracy Antonelli Manderson
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Her Real Man (Rescue Me Collection Book 0) by Natalina Reis
4 out of 5 stars
Her Real Man (Rescue Me Collection Book 0) by Ms. Reis is the first book that I have read by this author and it won’t be the last. I read this book in one sitting, so if you are looking for a quick getaway this is the perfect book. The Characters are well written. Ms. Reis storyline is engaging and easy flowing. It made me feel as if I was right there with the characters.
Ana is a cute and quirky romance writer looking fo
Lisa
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Romance author Ana wants a break from writing about men who are 'unrealistic' and decides that her next book will be about a 'real' man. Her research mission leads her to the local fire station and finds a 'real' man in form of Gavin.

Whilst I found I could relate to Ana in some ways, I did find her judgmental at times. I think Ana was looking for an 'ordinary' man rather than a 'real' man and there is nothing ordinary about Gavin. He has his flaws but he owns them and is kind, strong, courageous
Lyndsey Fairley
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Her Real Man by Natalina Reis
4 stars

I really enjoyed this book. Ana is a romance writer who would rather have a real man, not the ones she writes about who look like greek gods. When her publisher asks her to write about a fireman, she sets off to the fire station but chickens out. When confronted by Gavin she spills her motive and he invites her in to the station to get answers to her questions.
As the story goes on, we learn they both react first ask questions later and this causes many hurt fe
Cindy Fong
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a fun read. Ava in her quest to write about a "real man" embarks on a fun and quirky romance with Gavin a local fireman. Just as in real life, tenuous situations arise due to not fully sharing everything with each other. This story and characters are completely relate able and shows the ability to laugh when faced with ridiculous situations and preconceptions. It was an enjoyable easy read.
Sassy Southern
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 stars to Her Real Man by Natalie Reis!! This book was phenomenal and heart stopping. The twists and turns and the down to earth fireman was just amazing. Gavin and Ana are such a cute couple. Ana is so dorky and simple and Gavin is just dreamy. I hope you write more about the other fireman. I can't wait to read more. Highly recommend!!- By Cheyenne
United Indie Book Blog
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Her Real Man is a funny, romantic read. I enjoyed Gavin and Ana’s characters. The storyline flows nicely between the two points of views and we get to know both this way. I love how awkward Ana is and how Gavin is so caring. This is a quick romantic read and I enjoyed every word.

Review by Raychel
Felicia  Bates
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’ve really enjoyed what I have read from
Natalina Reis so far and Her Real Man is no exception. I love the wit and humor within the story making the characters completely lovable.
I like the premise of the book, an author looking for a “real man” instead of her typical chiseled, tattoo leads. It really made for a fun story. I felt like the conflict between the characters was well thought out and there were miscommunications amongst Ana and Gavin that had me close to slapping my forehead… get it
Skye McNeil
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
A quick, fun, and lovely romance. I could relate to Ana when it comes to writing and finding a 'real' man. This book had some very 'deep' moments which surprised me. Definitely an author to watch for future stories.
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Tracy Wilkin
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Her Real Man by Natalina Reis was a little story with a lot going on. It had attitude, personality, humour and excitement. This is the first book I have read by this author and I will gladly say it is just the beginning. I plan to read more of her work as it is evident that this is a top quality author.

Ana was a character I instantly liked and respected. Engaging with these characters was effortless and highly enjoyable. Gavin was a lovable leading man with a beguiling personality that drew me i
Alex
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great quick read. Couple twists that I didn't see coming that I thought were super interesting. The only thing I didn't enjoy was Ana's consent degrading herself and always assuming the worst in everything specially without talking to the person about it. But the ending made the whole deal worth it! I love his imperfectness is what she loved most about him. Made me tear up.
Dawn Daughenbaugh
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Star

Her Real Man (Rescue Me Collection Book 0)by Natalina Reis

Her Real Man ( Rescue Me Collection Book 0 ) by Natalina Reis is the first book in her Rescue me Collection. This is my first book by this author and I can honestly say that it will not be my last.I truly enjoyed this quick read in fact I couldn't put it down once I started reading. Her ability to grab the readers attention and actually keep till the end .This story is about  you never knowing what is in store for you and fate.Th
Ashleigh
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Her Real Man is a contemporary romance that kicks off the Rescue Me series. We meet Ana and Gavin in the strangest of circumstances, but it works so perfectly. I immediately fell in love with the idea of Ana conducting research on a ‘real man’ and I loved this unique take on the main character writing a romance novel, within an actual romance novel.

This short story has everything. Comedy? Check. Steam and passion? Check. A tragic miscommunication that threatens the relationship? Double check! I
Angela Shirley
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ibbb-reviews
Her Real Man by Natalina Reis is a story about two broken people finding each other in the most normal situation.

Have ever read a book and fell in love with the lead male character, I know we all have our favourite book boyfriends but the real thing never quite matches up. Well Ana writes those unbelievable,hard to find ,hunks of fiction, she is getting bored and with her publishers push wants to find a real man to write about.

Gavin is a normal man, not particularly stunning but a hero as a fire
Lisette Gonzalez
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Her Real Man (Rescue Me Collection Book 0)
4 stars

Her Real Man (Rescue Me Collection Book 0) by Natalina Reis is a short romantic comedy about Ana Mathews and Gavin McLeod. Ana Mathews is a writer in search of her next book boyfriend. Not your usual book boyfriend, but one that real to life. While researching at the local fire station, she meets one of the firemen, Gavin McLeod. Has Ana found her real life inspiration for her next book boyfriend in Gavin? It is an instant attracti
Crysti Jane
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
** Note: I received a complimentary copy from the author in exchange for an honest review. **

The blurb of this book is what got me interested at the word firefighter. Don’t get me wrong, reading about perfectly chiseled billionaire CEOs is a good thing. But, reading a book about an average man embracing his imperfections is also a good thing (let’s face it: I know a whole lot more average, good looking men than I do Greek God-like billionaires). While reading is an escape from an average world,
Ashleigh
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Her Real Man by Natalina Reis is the prequel book to her Rescue Me Series, and can I just say WOW!!! Let me just say that there is something to be said for a real down to earth character who has the same issues that we all do, add to that when he is a firefighter and you are going to find that most women are already half in love with them. Reading stories about perfect species of men and women is fun for a while but having a down to earth guy makes for a great palate cleanser if you will. Her Re ...more