Start by marking “Assassins Bite” as Want to Read:

(Biting Love #8)

When a shadow-man rescues newly minted police officer Sun-Hee “Sunny” Ruffles from death, the first thing she tries to do is arrest him. The next is kiss him. She’s a Ruffles, the most bumbling family on the planet, and the lithe assassin couldn’t be more her opposite.

Aiden Blackthorne’s identity as the assassin has protected him from his heart-breaking past. He’s in Meie
Published July 31st 2017 by Entangled: Select Otherworld (first published November 11th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Assassins Bite, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Assassins Bite

Start your review of Assassins Bite
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
This story did not live up to my expectations. See full review atRomancing the Book
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by Nadene
Book provided by the publisher

I am not sure if it was a good idea to begin this series at book 8. I say this because even though the book can be read in isolation, there are some areas which I believe would have had more clarity if I started from the beginning. With that said I was still able to make some sense of how the vampire population of Meier’s Corner functioned.

Assassins Bite tells the story of Sunny Ruffles (pronounced Sun-Hee) and Aiden Blackthorne. Sunny is a pol
Gladys
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Assassin's Bite (Biting Love Series) by Mary Hughes is an excellent book and a wonderful addition to this series. This is another of the Biting Love books that provides everything you need to fall in love with it. Offers familiar characters which add to the small town charm of this series. Feature a well written and highly entertaining storyline that keeps your interest. Main characters share a sizzling chemistry and a powerful passion for each other. Book offers a shocking betrayal, humor, a sh ...more
Jennifer Lovins
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even shadows can be loved

The lone wolf finds his mate and fights it all the way. Sunny has always been a Ruffles, which is someone always messing up or in the wrong place at the wrong time. Once she meets Aiden somethings start to go right. Once Aiden meets Sunny he starts to here his mother’s voice and puts him on the right track. Can the together get Nosy to back off? Will new friendships be made? Will the start a new chapter together?
CJ
Apr 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had a blast reading this book! Sunny is competent for a Ruffles, Aiden is remarkable for a loner and Mrs. Ruffles should never be allied into a kitchen.
Liz F
Sep 22, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Review copy courtesy of the published via NetGalley.

**This review is for a DNF**

I'm going to be honest. I don't know if I disliked this book because I've tried to pick up Book 8 in a series or if it's just that the book is bad. But 8 books in a series? Somebody - a lot of somebodies - must be reading and loving these books. It just wasn't me.

Sunny, or Sun-Hee, seemed like she was a bit of an idiot. On her first night on the street as a cop, she's stomping around while trying to SNEAK up on a mug
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Kitty‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

5 STARS

Review copy provided for an honest review

Welcome back to Meiers Corners. Life is so simple here filled with crazy characters, love, laughter and vampires. Yea, they are supposed to be a secret but more and more residents are immune to that vampire voice that will make them forget about what they saw or heard. The latest one to stand her ground is Sunny and, of all the vampires in all the world, she has to be immune to The Assassin.
The
Eva Millien
Nov 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When his friend mysteriously disappears, Aiden will need everything he is, everything he ever was and everything he might have been to defeat his evil master and claim the love he never dared hope to have in this exciting paranormal romance.

A fast pace and smooth plot keeps readers on their toes with lots of suspense, excitement, humor and passion. Mary Hughes brings the story to life with well written scenes and details and strong captivating characters. Well orchestrated suspense adds exciteme
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
I found the beginning to drag with moments where I wanted to skip ahead. I stuck with the story and in the end my patience was repaid. Sunny and Aiden are fascinating characters and I enjoyed learning of the fascinating world of vampires and humans learning to live together. I recommend Assassin’s Bite with the warning the beginning does have a bit of drag to it, but when it speeds up it is well worth the read. Meeting sexy Aiden made up for the slow start and was the main draw of Assassins Bite ...more
Pam
I give it a 4.5
Cindi Phillips
Nov 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Assassins Bite

Another winner. I absolutely love this series. The hero and heroine are spunky, fun, sexy and brave. Getting to revisit previous characters keeps the story flowing.
Michelle Woods
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really good, but a few formating issues...
Kate
Nov 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love this series. I enjoy the fact that the h is tough, not too cool, and not overly gorgeous.
Keri
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite of the series thus far! Really loved Aiden and Sunny!
Victoria
Oct 18, 2018
Elara
Dec 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »

• Tempting Bounty (Inter-Galactic Bounty Hunters, #2)
  • Rising Bounty (Inter-Galactic Bounty Hunters, #3)
  • In a Badger Way (Honey Badger Chronicles, #2)
  • Hate Awakened (The Feral, #3)
  • Doctor Dragon (Earth Dragons, #6)
  • Her Guardian Angel (Her Angel: Eternal Warriors, #1)
  • Burning Up Flint (Cyborg Seduction, #1)
  • Stealing Coal (Cyborg Seduction, #5)
  • Touching Ice (Cyborg Seduction, #4)
  • Melting Iron (Cyborg Seduction, #3)
  • Kissing Steel (Cyborg Seduction, #2)
  • Slave Dragon (Earth Dragons #4)
  • Feral Dragon (Earth Dragons #5)
  • Dragon Whelps (Earth Dragons, #3)
  • Redeeming Zorus (Cyborg Seduction, #6)
  • Haunting Blackie (Cyborg Seduction, #8)
  • Taunting Krell (Cyborg Seduction, #7)
  • Cry of the Pride (Awakening Pride, #9)
I write steamy paranormal romances and wickedly fun romantic adventures, stories that crackle with action and love. Challenging, smart alpha men—and women not afraid of a challenge. Oh, do the sparks fly when he meets THE woman guaranteed to infuriate and inflame him most.

In real life I'm a USA Today bestselling author, a spouse and mother, a flutist, a computer geek, and a binge-TV-watcher of The

Biting Love (10 books)
  • Bite My Fire (Biting Love Series Book 1)
  • Biting Nixie (Biting Love Series Book 2)
  • The Bite of Silence (Biting Love Series)
  • Biting Me Softly (Biting Love Series)
  • Biting Oz (Biting Love Series Book 5)
  • Beauty Bites (Biting Love Series)
  • Downbeat (Biting Love Series Book 7)
  • Biting Serendipity: April Fools For Love (Biting Love Short Bites Book 4)
  • Passion Bites (Biting Love Series Book 9)

News & Interviews