Start by marking “Biting Me Softly (Biting Love, #4)” as Want to Read:
Biting Me Softly (Biting Love, #4)

Biting Me Softly

(Biting Love #4)

He's a candy box of sex appeal wrapped with a golden bow. She's on a diet.

Blood, sex, violence. Blood, okay, but computer geek Liese Schmetterling had enough S&V when her cheating ex fired her. Now security expert—and lip-smacking gorgeous—Logan Steel saunters into her Blood Center, setting fire to her libido. And threatening her job.

Visions of pink slips dancing in her h
Published July 31st 2017 by Entangled: Select Otherworld (first published February 14th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Biting Me Softly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Biting Me Softly

Start your review of Biting Me Softly (Biting Love, #4)
jD
I love Ms. Hughes quirky style and hot love scenes. The supporting cast was pure perfection. In spite of all this, I felt this book was a fair continuation of the Biting Nixie series.

The problem for me was Liese. She got on my last nerve. None of the other heroines plucked my nerves as much as this one did. I enjoyed her character through most of the book then I realized I was wishing the book was not first person. I started to not want to see the scenes through her eyes. That was a bad sign. I
Mrs. Missive
Apr 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-read
This is the first 5 star book I have read in awhile. The one liners were fabulous, and mentioning the "sex fairy" in the first sentance of the book? ..... Ms. Hughes you had me at hello.

We get smacked in the face with the overpowering sexy that is Logan Steel. And I think that immediate heat and attraction between Logan and Leise...just showed how much of a gonner Leise was right from the start. And anyone who says that physical attraction/animal lust, can't hit a person that hard....well they h
glitrbug
Apr 20, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who like some silly with their vampires
Shelves: kindle
I downloaded the new one ( Biting Me Softly) last night as when one of those e-mail services reminded me it was out. Must say, squishie in first few pages. Nice updates on Elana and Nixie. I am trying to savor the book instead of read it all in one whack. Don't think I have giggled as much at a book since "Biting Nixie". I needed this. Check out the trailer.

I reluctantly finished the book as I didn't want it to end. I loved it. It's nice to read a book wh
Heather andrews
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The man liked to pacify his woman, “of course, sweetheart,” he crooned. “I’m the nastiest male there is. It’s my fault, all of it. Shh, Liese, I’ve got you.” I liked this book, I liked Logan.
Shannon C.
Mar 24, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampires, humorous
Too much fluff and not enough plot

I really enjoyed Biting Nixie, also by Mary Hughes. Laugh out loud funny, it had appealing characters and a sexy romance. While sometimes silly, she managed to balance it with a quick moving, interesting storyline. Disappointingly, that was not the case with the follow up novel Biting Me Softly. This book did not hold my interest and after putting it down to read some other books, I had to force myself to go back and finish it.

While it was frequently funny, it
Carrie
Sep 21, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
Admittedly, I dove in here, so these can clearly be read as a standalone. That being said, there are some overlapping characters that would help in knowing, or at least make you happy to "check in" with them.

Liese is a geeky girl, making her own way while supporting her mother and recovering from an epically bad relationship. She's shocked to discover that history can indeed repeat itself when the blood bank she works for hired an automation specialist to install a super fancy computer that can
Mitch
Jan 22, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
What really put me off this book in the end was the criminal stupidity of the main character. Catapulted her completely out of the likable category. How can we be expected to like someone who isn't smart enough to realise that 'Race Gillete' is an alias for Razor? For like, most of the book. Was so bad I almost quit reading a third of the way through, but forced myself, mostly by skimming though.

Another off putting factor is the cheesy villains with the stupid names. Seriously. Minions called Sh
Jennifer Lovins
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Trust

Everything boils down to trust. You can’t trust anyone unless you trust yourself. Liese has decided never to trust a male again. The last one has nearly destroyed her. She meets Logan and her body and heart tries to betray her. Logan is being pressured to create a new household, but doesn’t trust himself to be able to protect it. Can they learn to trust from each other? Can they find ever after? Will a lunatic gang leader destroy everything? Come find out in this humor filled story with bad
Gladys
Sep 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Biting Me Softly by Mary Hughes is a good read. I am a fan of this series and this was a good addition to it. I loved Logan. He is a hot, sexy alpha vampire with a sense of humor and a tender side. I have to say I liked but did not love Liese. To me she came across as too neurotic and I found her personality kind of grating. Other than that the book was well written and fun. A good book and a great series that I highly recommend.
CJ
Apr 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay book with good puns, lots of humor and Hattie with Race made for some wide eyes. Liese needed to smarten up in many ways, but overall a good book.
Tracy
Feb 05, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
~* 3.5 Stars *~
If you like your paranormal romances with a serious plot full of serious characters, Mary Hughes' Biting Love series isn't for you, but there are lots of paranormal romances out there that are better suited to that tone. If, however, you enjoy a book that doesn't take itself any more seriously than you should take it, then Mary Hughes is right up there with Shelly Laurenston (with her Magnus Pack series and Pride series in particular) for laugh-out-loud humor and sexy, erotic lovi
Kimberly
Sep 29, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liese Schmetterling is a human computer geek with trust issues and a scarred heart. Logan Steel is an almost four hundred-year-old vampire with rock hard abs and a deep-seated need to protect. The two have nothing in common…except for amazing tech skills, frequent use of puns, red-hot desire for one another…

Okay, Liese and Logan actually have a lot in common, but when Logan walks into Meiers Corners’ Blood Center, all Liese can think of is another job slipping through her fingers. Despite Logan’
Starry
Nov 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Kitty's

Oh what a fun book this was! I love, love, love Logan Steel (we met him in “Biting Nixie”) and Liese is just hysterical!

The whole gang is back in this installment of the “Biting” series by Mary Hughes. Liese now works for the Blood Center in Meier’s Corners. She was fired from her last job due to her ex-fiance’s lies and cannot, will not, ever trust any man again – especially one she thinks is trying to do away with her job. Her mom has cancer and she can’t afford to loose her job or her
SaturNalia
Fast paced and funny. Sexual tension and attracting in the first few pages, and it doesn't let up until the end. The comedy was more slapstick and cartoonish, but it worked because Leies was so sarcastic. A little bit of a throw back, due to the super alpha male, but he wasn't a jerk he was patient with the heroine and called her beautiful when she didn't believe she was. Another throw back was the forced seduction, which kind of bothered me, she kept saying 'no' and instead of respecting her he ...more
Felicia (Ferishia)
I think this maybe the best book of the series! It was funny, hot and smexy. Liese is just a bit insecure after being dump at the alter and fired from her job. She is now the manager of Meiers Corner Blood bank. Logan is the extremely handsome vampire and CEO of Steel Security. Logan's attraction to Liese is instant but Liese is wary and doesn't trust Logan. At times I was a little exasperated with Liese's insecurities about herself. But in the end, after all the doubts, drama and craziness that ...more
Annabelle Morehouse
I absolutely loved the MC of this book. Her snark made me laugh out loud several times throughout the book. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect love interest. This is the first I read in a series and was fine to pick it up and read without being lost. I know I will go back and read the previous ones. I would highly recommend this author. My only issue was the life span issue that was not covered in this book, along with the vampire history. Since I started reading a few books in, to be fair ...more
Denise
May 11, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-loanable
OK I really hate books that start with a missunderstanding or some character assumes something and the plots goes from there. I got 24% into the book and was total turned off when the main character started plotting with the 'ememy' because of her misguided logic. I stopped and didn't read any more. I have no patience for plot lines that spend time on goofy missunderstanding that later get figured out.
Helen
Feb 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved BITING NIXIE, the 2nd in this series (which I read first), because I loved the character of Nixie. Computer geek Liese is just as smart-mouthed and cleverly written. The plot is complicated, the romance is believable (despite the incredible good looks of the hero), and the tech jokes are a delight to discover. Mary Hughes is wonderfully talented at writing humor and a fast pace with super sexy heroes.
SjA
May 23, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it.. Just not as much as I liked the other two. It's funny just... you get my point. The corny puns made you shake your head a time or two and sometimes laugh out loud. The fact that Liese is a technology geek gives me the warm fuzzies.. but there isn't as much of the town and its occupants in this book and they are part of which made the first two books funnier.
Miranda
Mini Review:
Laugh-out-loud sexual descriptions
Mystery style romance
Geeky puns throughout
...
Funny, feel good, paranormal, sexy adult read—perfect for the beach with a Mai Tai!

Visit me at Sweet Vernal Zephyr to read my long winded reviews.
Natascha
Keri
Jan 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was intrigued by Logan in Nixie's story but I gotta admit I was expecting a little more bad assery out of him. Not that he wasn't a total alpha vamp but with the fear his name invoked I just assumed he was higher up the vamp food chain, none the less I enjoyed this and will be moving on. Perhaps we will see Luke in a story soon.
Lori Whitwam
3.5 stars. I really like the series... this just wasn't my favorite. It started out extremely funny, but some of the humor became a bit redundant or faded out later. Still, I'm eagerly awaiting the next.
Therinia
Apr 22, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun and smexy read. I passed out reading it a little after 2 am and woke up a little after 7 am; I finished it an hour later. Good times.
Cassandra
Aug 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
As a chubby geekette myself, I totally connected with Liese. I never thought a hot tub scene could be soooo hot! This book is my second fav in the series...
Toni (U.A.C.)
I liked this one more than the last one, Bite of Silence. Story was pretty cute.
Kathie (katmom)
Apr 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Now these vampires don't SPARKLE...but they are just so sexy!
Sarah Grimm
May 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A sexy, fun, fantastic read. I couldn't put it down.
Bec
Jun 05, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Logan & his punny goodness

• The Jackal (Black Dagger Brotherhood: Prison Camp, #1; Black Dagger Legacy, #5)
  • Burning Ash (Forgotten Brotherhood #3)
  • Southern Bred and Dead (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries, #9)
  • Drink Deep (Chicagoland Vampires, #5)
  • Sucker Punch (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #27)
  • Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #3)
  • Moons Over My Maggie (Maggie MacKay, Magical Tracker #11)
  • Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #4)
  • The Amplifier Protocol (Amplifier #0)
  • Releasing the Djinn: My Monster Boyfriend
  • Gemstones, Elves, and Other Insidious Magic (The Dowser #9)
  • Graveyards, Visions, and Other Things that Byte (Dowser, #8.5)
  • Xavier (Vampires in America, #14)
  • Darkness Unknown (Beshadowed Book 1)
  • Biting Cold (Chicagoland Vampires, #6)
  • Misfits, Gemstones, and Other Shattered Magic (The Dowser, #8)
  • Sapphire Flames (Hidden Legacy, #4)
  • Champagne, Misfits, and Other Shady Magic (The Dowser, #7)
I write steamy paranormal romances and wickedly fun romantic adventures, stories that crackle with action and love. Challenging, smart alpha men—and women not afraid of a challenge. Oh, do the sparks fly when he meets THE woman guaranteed to infuriate and inflame him most.

In real life I'm a USA Today bestselling author, a spouse and mother, a flutist, a computer geek, and a binge-TV-watcher of The

Biting Love (10 books)
  • Bite My Fire (Biting Love Series Book 1)
  • Biting Nixie (Biting Love Series Book 2)
  • The Bite of Silence (Biting Love Series)
  • Biting Oz (Biting Love Series Book 5)
  • Beauty Bites (Biting Love Series)
  • Downbeat (Biting Love Series Book 7)
  • Assassin's Bite (Biting Love Series Book 8)
  • Biting Serendipity: April Fools For Love (Biting Love Short Bites Book 4)
  • Passion Bites (Biting Love Series Book 9)

News & Interviews