Start by marking “Rogue Desire (Rogue, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rogue Desire (Rogue, #1)

Rogue Desire

(Rogue #1)

When all else fails, find love.

Eight brand new romances for fans of the West Wing, fired-up #resistance fighters, and everyone who ever had a crush on that guy at a protest...

GRASSROOTS
by Adriana Anders

Veronica Cruz is in the fight of her life for a seat on the city council. Meeting reclusive finance genius Zach Hubler should be a stroke of good luck—he has the power to sw
ebook
Published July 20th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Rogue Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rogue Desire

Start your review of Rogue Desire (Rogue, #1)
K.J. Charles
Critics of romance often call it wish fulfilment fantasy, which [insert my full essay and promise of violence here]. However, this anthology really is exactly that. The stories ache for things the authors want: Decent politicians who care. Rich people who give a shit. Activists who win. People who can talk about their opposing views and respect each other. Action being taken against cruelty, bigotry and corruption in the heart of government.

Gosh that silly wish-fulfilment stuff, eh.

It's nakedl
Brandy Painter
This is an incredibly diverse grouping of stories. Diverse in terms of style, type, explicitness, and, yes, characters. Not every reader is going to like all the stories (I had to DNF a couple because they were so out of the realm of what I want from romance). But on the other hand, every story will appeal to some reader of the anthology, and I think that is a truly GOOD anthology. I like that the authors each have their own style and that there were so many different ways of writing romance inc ...more
Linda
I received a copy of "Rogue Desire" from one of my favorite authors Ainsley Booth in exchange for an honest review.

" Rogue Desire" , is a compilation of eight different authors shorts stories: each story focusing on a couple drawn together in slightly different situations with the common thread being the current political state here in the United States. Taking the reader from campaigning at a Grassroots level, and discovering unlikely help; help that you find yourself falling for, or finally t
Amy Cousins
Jul 12, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
For everyone looking for a new Bend or Break story... This spinoff stands alone, but if you've read Nothing Like Paris, you'll spot a familiar face! :)
Briar's Reviews
Rogue Desire, an anthology of incredibly sexy stories, will play with your temptations.

This anthology holds stories from Adriana Anders, Tamsen Parker, Dakota Gray, Emma Barry, Jane Lee Blair, Ainsley Booth, Amy Jo Cousins and Stacy Agder.

If you're looking for some sensual stories to fulfill your fantasies, this is the book for you. Especially if you want some quick, easy reads instead of a super long romance novel to fill up your time - you've found what you're looking for!

I wouldn't necessari
Katherine
Hands down, this is one of the best anthologies I’ve ever read. It is timely and relevant. I am impressed as hell that these authors wrote & published this anthology so quickly, yet with quality writing. The passion of the politics is gripping and stirred something in me.

GRASSROOTS by Adriana Anders
Veronica is such a great heroine. She isn’t accepting the status quo, and is actively working to do something, to make a difference. The hero, Zach, is a bit too good to be true, but the contrast be
Julie (Jewlsbookblog)
This was a fun little anthology! There's something for everyone romantically-and politically-speaking. My personal favs:

Grassroots by Adriana Anders
sweet and steamy romance with thought provoking topics

Deep Throat by Dakota Gray
sexy romance, witty conversations, and the clearest consent I think I've ever come across

Personal Disaster by Ainsley Booth
it's Ainsley Booth..enough said:)
Jess
On the whole, I think this collection is a little messy. Obviously, for reasons, it's incredibly difficult to name check actual politicians and actual events (though some of this gets very close, some of it inadvertently, I think), but the writing around it made it all seem fake in a way that wasn't cathartic the way that I wanted it to be. Instead it felt much more like this was being done because this is the thing to do, and from following several of these authors, I don't at all think that wa ...more
Christine
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, anthology
Making sedition sexy, this gorgeous smorgasbord of passionate, funny, poignant, and romantic stories is a must read for anyone who has fumed at the crazy goings on in DC and online and thought, "There must be something more, something good, something better." These stories, while fiction, give heart and hope to romance readers who need something more than 140 characters on Twitter to get them through our current political climate.

Also, I love anthologies where I can discover new authors or genr
Cait
Jul 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in2017
So, I have opinions.

(view spoiler)
Cheri
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this unique box set. I was only familiar with Ainsley Booth and Dakota Gray. But now I have six more to add to my TBR list.

Deep Throat by: Dakota Gray was hot. She makes you want to know what's going on in that hotel room. And when you find out, have mercy. Davis is an escort and Haley is a maid at the hotel. They have a connection, but if the secrets they know come out it could cost them both dearly.

Personal Disaster by: Ainsley Booth was worth every minute you spend reading it. Marcus
Maria Rose
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
From a preacher to a male escort, this anthology shows that everyone has a stake in the political direction of the country. I loved the variety and differences in heat levels of the stories, some by established authors I've read before and some by new to me writers. Most of the stories are m/f though there is one m/m as well. Taking events from real life happenings and more fanciful 'what if' scenarios, you are sure to find a story or two that will resonate with you.
Cherry Lips
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
8 stories in one book, amazing!
My favorite are Deep Throat by Dakota Gray and Personal Disaster by Ainsley Booth.
Personal Disaster is instalust kind of stories between ranger man and reporter. Its lust at first sight of Paige's ass for marcuss and mountain man appeal of marcus melted poppy's brain. Then less than 24H they just bam..bam..bam in outdoor surrounding by bird chrip, mountain's wind and fresh air.
I am not quite liker of instalust but one in time it's ok and needed.
Jess
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rmodb2018
Not a bad one in the bunch

This devourable collection of novellas gives us some interesting people living in interesting times. I loved them all. Though i have to say: while the inclusion of POC and queer characters was awesome, it would have been nice to have them come from #ownvoices authors.
Becky
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked more of these stories than not, so that's pretty good for an anthology. I loved reading about characters who are feeling some of the same things I've been feeling this year.
Sarah Austin
Aug 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have FINALLY finished this anthology and.it was great especially the last story...yowza that was hot...
Terri
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rogue Desires is a romance anthology of original novellas/short stories by eight very talented writers. Incredibly, the stories each incorporate the current political climate and trends in one fashion or another. I found it easy to visualize settings of protest marchers wearing pink pussy hats on Washington, DC streets, or office cubicles full of writers of white papers within the West Wing of the White House, or a remote mountain forest where consequences of political decisions affect the obscu ...more
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)
I'm not much into politics, and I absolutely hate discussing them to people outside of my party (Democrat) but I enjoyed most of the stories in this political, resistance inciting anthology.

Grassroots by Adriana Anders: 4 stars. Veronica and Zack are so sweet together. She's running for city council when she meets the owner of a house she's canvassing. He turns out to be a hot, blind computer hacker who just happens to be a virgin. She teaches him about the joy of kissing and sex and he fall
Kini
Aug 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Review originally posted at Smexybooks.com

I have read several of the authors in this anthology so I was interested to see what kind of story they would tell, especially as it related to resistance. I am pretty bad at reading anthologies because I prefer a longer length novel and I’m a lazy reader. But I powered through, not that it was a struggle, and read them all. I was not disappointed. Here are my top three, some notes about the others and because they are all based on resistance of some sor
new_user
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm giving this five stars for Adriana Anders work. Her style is beautiful, sexy, and the characters and story were interesting: Latina running for local government meets hot blind guy with secrets I don't want to spoil. I will say that social media influencing an election is not as implausible as one reviewer said. I am absolutely reading more from this author.

I really wanted to like the others, especially as I'm already an Emma Barry fan, but there was always something missing. Oh, well, I li
Katie
Soooo. This was either too close to reality or not close enough. I get naming real life people is hard, but when you only refer to "the president" and "the administration", it just distracts me and lessens the impact. One story made up a fake president and I think that's a better way to go.

Anyway, these stories were really just okay for me overall. Also, the Emma Barry one was about the president tweeting about nuclear war. I REALLY SHOULD'VE READ THIS SOONER.
Crystal Wilke
Jul 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
All of these authors are new to me. I enjoyed reading each Author's work. I definitely found new authors to stalk. This is one of the reasons why I like reading anthologies because you found new authors. Rogue Desires is unique in its own way. Get ready to meet all kinds of fun, witty, sexy characters.

I voluntarily reviewed an ARC for this book.
Eleanor (The Book Hammock)
Jul 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
The special thing about this anthology is that all of the stories are themed around Resistance. What type of resistance? That varies, but they are all valid. Some hit the nail right on the head, and some we wish could happen IRL.

I enjoyed this collection of stories, both for the value of the tales and for the romance. Gotta love a good romance, right?

Grassroots - Adriana Anders
Oh how I loved Zach and Veronica. This story is unique, unexpected and so freaking sexy I absolutely loved it.
Zach’s ha
Chasing Away Reality
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Avg rating for this book is 4.375

Grassroots by Adriana Anders - 5 stars

I adored this unique story. Zach was such a sweet and caring man. I loved watching him evolve from being reclusive and shy. I also enjoyed witnessing the connection and passion he had with Veronica. I've never truly imagined what it must be like for a blind man to form an intimate relationship. I liked how Veronica took the time to understand him and how the author formed their connection.

Deep Throat by Dakota Gray - 5 stars
Cat
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
I enjoy the concept of these anthologies - romance as resistance, and giving voice to diverse stories as a model of hope in what some consider a difficult political environment (to say the very least). However, I found this anthology uneven, due in part to what I wanted out of it--I wanted the romances and the hope to be the focus, with veiled references to politics in order to keep the anthology relevant for more than X number of months/years and in order to let each reader impose their own rea ...more
Romance Rehab
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I think by now you all know that I’m a huge Adriana Anders fan. I reviewed and LOVED Under Her Skin, and the author is a repeat offender on our weekly “best of” lists. So, at this point, I’ll pretty much read anything that has her name on it without bothering to look at a blurb or cover. That’s what I did with this book, so imagine my surprise when I find out it’s not a standalone Adriana Anders book, but rather an anthology featuring a ton of other authors (some I’ve read before, some I haven’t ...more
The_Book_Queen
3 1/2 Stars

Overall, I really enjoyed this anthology -- the theme for it, the variation (in so many ways) from story to story. It was a good read.

But there were some stories I liked more than others. Though I didn't hate any of them; the ones I'd give a lower rating to were simply "meh", and didn't grab my attention as much.

Anders' story (heroine of color, hero is blind and reclusive) was great, and I only wish it was longer. Those two were sweet and hot together.

Gray's story (hotel maid + for
Michelle Claypot_Reads
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars for me. Some stories were a 5 & some a 4 so let's meet in the middle

The Rogue Desires Anthology is original, smart, heartfelt, sweet, funny and hot. I have happily added a bunch of new to me authors to my TBR. In the current world climate this was a very smart way to get people talking.
Definitely recommend ❤️

Grassroots by Adrianna Anders
I absolutely loved this story. Original, witty, sweet and just enough hot. I don't remember the last time a story made me want to immediately one cli
Jodi
Jul 26, 2017 rated it liked it
I am giving this book a 3, but that's only because I am speaking of several specific stories within the anthology. There were a few stories that I could not finish, as they were just not my taste.

Grassroots by Adriana Anders

4.5* I LOVED this story. Author Adriana Anders was new to me, but I am now following her, for sure. I loved the idea of a blind, hermit Hero overcoming his shyness and fear in order to profess love to the hard-working teacher doing her best to win a grassroots election. Thei
Fedora
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great collection of stories--all of them with a bent towards #resistance, although you won't want to resist reading them immediately.

All well written, one standout for me was My Delight Is in Her, by a new-to-me author, Jane Lee Blair. She has a warm, authentic voice for people of color, for Christians in America, for people who've grappled with tough choices. I definitely look forward to reading more of her work.

The collection includes:
GRASSROOTS
by Adriana Anders
M/F; Veronica Cruz is
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please update cover 7 31 Jul 20, 2017 11:40AM

• Personal Disaster (Billionaire Secrets, #3)
  • Personal Delivery (Billionaire Secrets #1)
  • Sonata (North Security, #3)
  • Audition
  • Concerto (North Security, #2)
  • Personal Escort (Billionaire Secrets, #2)
  • Teach Me (There's Something About Marysburg, #1)
  • American Dreamer (Dreamers #1)
  • Technically, You Started It
  • Bentley (Vested Interest, #1)
  • Retrosexual (Frisky Beavers #0.5; Quickies #1)
  • Hate F*@k: Part 1 (The Horus Group, #1)
  • Hate F*@k (Forbidden Bodyguards #1)
  • Doctor Bad Boy (Frisky Beavers, #2)
  • Hate F*@k: Part 2 (The Horus Group, #2)
  • Hate F*@k: Part 3 (The Horus Group, #3)
  • Grizzly Cove - Volumes 1-3 Box Set (Tales of the Were: Grizzly Cove)
  • Dirty Love (Forbidden Bodyguards #3)
Adriana Anders is author of the Survival Instincts, Love at Last, and Blank Canvas series. Her debut, Under Her Skin, was a Publishers Weekly Best Book of 2017 and double recipient of the HOLT Medallion award, and Loving the Secret Billionaire was a Romance Writers of America 2019 Rita® Award Finalist. Her books have been featured in Entertainment Weekly, Oprah Mag, Bustle, USA Today Happy Ever Af ...more

Rogue (7 books)
  • Rogue Affair (Rogue #2)
  • Rogue Acts (Rogue, #3)
  • Rogue Hearts (Rogue, #4)
  • Rogue Passion (Rogue, #5)
  • Rogue Nights (Rogue, #6)
  • Rogue Ever After (Rogue, #7)

News & Interviews

“The problem with early exposure to Terminator 2 was when the president ranted on social media and caused an international crisis, visions of nuclear apocalypse, with everyone and everything turning to ash and blowing away in a super-heated wind, took over your brain.” 1 likes