Start by marking “Our Alternate Ending” as Want to Read:
Our Alternate Ending

Our Alternate Ending

She was the hot mess who stumbled through his door.
He was the one who gave her a chance.

When Elle Callihan finds herself on the twenty-sixth floor of the country’s top publishing firm after putting her dreams on hold for five years, she's not about to allow the opportunity to slip through her fingers.

There’s just one problem.

Her new, humorless, this-needs-to-be-done-right-
Published March 8th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Our Alternate Ending, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Our Alternate Ending

Start your review of Our Alternate Ending
Olga therebelreader
This story was so touching. I'm a sucker for romance and this one is so sweet! I laughed, cried, and everything in between! Owen has been dealt a rough hand but I was so moved by his story!

This book is told from both Elle's and Owen's perspective, and I loved reading about them both. Elle was so strong and composed and Owen was so caring and brave. I absolutely loved Owen and thought it was great how Elle stuck by him through everything.

"Owen Caldwell was intimidating. Not in the way he
Lisa Aiello
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Just a few pages into this book, and I was invested. Owen was such a jerk, and I had to know why. Though I suspected (and correctly so) what his back story was, it wasn't any less impactful when it was revealed. Elle truly was a hot mess, but a breath of fresh air. She was what Owen needed, yet he fought it every step of the way. She worked her way past his defenses and they both learned it is okay to live and love. I love an asshole hero with a heart of gold and a heroine who is unapologeticall ...more
Syndi
Jul 18, 2018 rated it liked it
I am between 2 stars and 3 stars on this book. This is my first book by Miss Fox. I read many good review in Goodreads and the audio book available.

First few chapters are very promising. A young naive beautiful Elle in desperate needs to land a position at her dream job. Her interview is a disaster. Owen, her future boss is over bearing and workaholic. I thought this book is going to be a slow burn romance. But to my disappointment this book is slow. The spark, the flow of the story feels to be
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book melted me! Have you ever come across a book that is just so beautifully written, that it makes you feel every emotion under the sun? This book was it for me!
What an amazingly talented author.
Elle and Owen are the story of Love, courage, hope and laughter.... all rolled into one. One moment I was laughing at this book and the next I was in tears.

WOW!!!!!
Na
"My body melded right into her softness, like two puzzle pieces made for a perfect fit."

Our Alternate Ending was my blind date for March and in no universe I would have wanted to miss out on this one. Katie Fox is new to me and the chance I would have missed this beauty is pretty high. So I got more than lucky with my blind date.

"I want to know what it feels like to be on the receiving end of extraordinary."

This book touched parts of my soul and heart that are usually very well guarded. It pierc
Jos
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
100 Stars..... Utterly emotionally drained and spent right now in the BEST way possible!!!!

OMFG, so sorry for adding that f in there BUT OMFG!!!!!! This book, these characters Elle and Owen, OMFG:)

The writing was beyond superb, the storyline was incredible and beautiful and oh so heartbreaking, the characters were so "alive" I mean I felt like I was right there living this story out with them!!!!

This book.....just magnificent, perfectly written and perfectly paced. An absolute literary masterpie
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 4,7 / 5 stars

This book was a mix of office romance, a slow burn romance and a definite angsty af one and I freaking loved it!!
“You’d be surprised how many girls label a boy with a book as a nerd.” “See, that’s the difference between a girl and a woman. A woman would find it hot. Totally hot. I’m talking turn-on hot.” The grip he had on me tightened, and his irises darkened a few shades. His gaze flicked down to my lips where it remained. “Guess I should get back to reading then.”

Owen an
Amanda
Oh my, this book, seriously. All.the.feels. I laughed, I cried, I swooned. Owen and Elle's story was so breathtakingly beautiful. This was my first read by Katie Fox and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

At the very least, there are about a quarter of a million words in the English language. I want one of them from you.

Elle is a hot mess with big dreams that seem too far out of reach. She loves writing and literature. Owen is her new, jerk of a boss. But is he really? Things aren't always what they s
NicoleG
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
A bit predictable but entertaining.
Heather Ross
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’ve started so many reviews for this book and then deleted them again, knowing that no words I write will ever be able to do justice to this phenomenal story.

Story isn’t really the right word, though. As I read, I was transported into a living, breathing world that Fox created with the power of her words. It’s rare to find an author whose prose transports you so easily from the real world into the one they’ve laid out for you. I never wanted to put it down. I ate, slept and breathed Owen and E
Becca Taylor
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“At the very least, there are about a quarter of a million words in the English language.” This is the one that I choose to describe this book ... Riviting. I was engrossed in every page of this story. From the happy, through the sad, to the sexy, Owen and Elle took me on an emotional journey that filled my heart with nothing but love.
Eleanor Lloyd-Jones
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"He was the constant whisper in my heart that made me believe in myself."

I adored Katie's writing before I read this book—she knows that. I know her prose inside out; I know her tone and I know how well she portrays emotion. I can sometimes predict how she will have a scene play out because I'm already in tune with her and the way she writes. So when I tell you that you should read this story for her writing alone, you really should trust me on that, because I believe I am the expert when it com
Samantha I Love HEA Romance Book Blog
There is roughly about a quarter of a million words in the English language but somehow there still isn’t enough words to express how much I loved this book!! See what I did there? Well you probably won’t understand until you read it, and reading this is a must! Katie’s writing is exceptional. I love the way the words flow through the story and the way each word demands your attention, holding you captive until you are at the end of the book. This book isn’t like any other I have recently read a ...more
Chasing The Words  Book Blog
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my aching heart. I am not even sure where to begin. Katie Fox will have your emotions all over the place. Our Alternate Ending is such a beautifully written story and sends an even more beautiful message at the end of the day. To love with every breathe you have. To have the courage to keep fighting when the fight is gone. To have faith in a higher power and to not let fear stop you from living your life to the fullest every single day.

Owen and Elle met at a time when they both needed each ot
Robyn
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: unforgettable
4.5 Hope Stars

It felt like I held my breath through some of the angst in this story. I was both weary, and teary at times. But, I loved Owen and Elle...just loved their individual characters, and them as a couple. Their chemistry, and love jumped off the pages of this story.

Owen was a good guy, in a really crappy situation. Giving and selfless, even when he thought he wasn’t. Sometimes sparing others is overrated, we need the love of others to get us through our toughest times.

“It’s much bette
Eleanor
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Jaw Drop stars on Goodreads

This was my first read from Katie and a friend pointed me in her direction. From the first page I was hooked and couldn’t put it down. There is a giant surprise dropped on us about three quarters of the way in but if I’m being honest I saw it coming. I didn’t however see the end coming and I just loved it.

“At the very least, there are about a quarter million words in the English language. I want one of them from you. I don’t want you to think about your answer. I jus
amanda leach
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you. It's been a long time since I have read a book that made me cry. I didn't want to finish the book because I knew the ending was going to be catastrophic and heart wrenching knowing that it would open the flood gates and make me a blubbering mess. Fortunately I couldn't put the book down and was ecstatic that the ending was a happy one.
Danielle Dickson
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
Have you ever read a book that's left you completely and utterly speechless. I mean a mind blowing, heart pounding, tear jerking, emotion producing on all ends of the spectrum, book that has you reevaluating and being so much more grateful for everything you have in your life. A book so incredible that I can't even bring myself to message the author before writing this out loud for everyone to see.
You see, Katie Fox, you've truly put me through the ringer and guess what?

“At the very least, there
Shannon Godwin
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A very touching story! The writing is great & you will fall in love with these characters. I did not want to put this book down. I love this ladies writing and look forward to more of her books. ...more
nikki
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OhMyGoodness. This book blew me away. It made me feel ALL the feels!!!
Ive started this review a couple of times now, but kept deleting my words. I feel like no matter what i write, its not going to do this story justice, BUT, im going to give it a try.
I had never read any books by Katie Fox before, so when we connected on IG and she asked would I like to read it, I jumped at the chance. I absolutely love discovering “new to me”authors, and the blurb really had me intrigued. Im not one for givi
Abigail Davies
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I never feel like I can do justice to such amazing books within a certain amount of words, but I’m going to try.

Katie held my heart in the palm of her hand, squeezed it a little, shattered it, and most importantly put it back together again.

This story is one of epic proportions that doesn’t disappoint at any turn.

I loved how an author wrote a writer, the way she would feel, her emotions, the struggles. It resonated me in a way nothing else ever has.

“Notes and plot ideas whispered at me, beggi
Angela James
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh, my heart! This story was amazing! The skill with which Katie Fox can tell a tale is outstanding. I was transported. I lived and breathed this couples lives...Owen and Elle! The emotional feels are strong with this one...it's tragic and triumphant...heartbreaking, breathtaking, and bold. A must read!
ObsessedwithHEA
FIVE “there is not enough words in the English language to describe my love for this book” STARS

Wow. I was not at all prepared for the emotional rollercoaster Ms. Fox took me on with this story.

Where do I begin?!?!

description

The story starts off with Elle, and she is exactly as the blurb describes: a hot mess. She’s on her way to what is supposed to be a life changing interview but everything that can go wrong—does. She’s running late, her hair is wet, she breaks her heel… all before taking a hot coffee
Laura Hampton
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have had the opportunity to read by Katie Fox and boy was it one that tugged at my heart. It is not only incredibly well written and engaging, but it felt so real. I literally felt like I was watching friends as they experienced life and what it had thrown at them. The characters were awesome! So well written and the author's storytelling skills are on point. I think I have a bit of a book hangover after this one.

Elle Callihan is not living the life she has dreamed of ha
Bluejeanbby
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW just wow

I am at a loss for words right now....this book was just that damn good!!

Owen comes off as an jerk plain and simple, but oh my is that just pain wrong 100% wrong.

Ellie is a sweet girl just trying to find her way. She has put her dreams on hold for her family.

When Ellie shows up for her interview with Owen she looks like a hot mess, broken heel, coffee stained shirt, a hot mess of wet freshly washed hair! Lol she was even almost late to boot!

I'm not going to give the plot away, so in
☆Tweety ~ purplebass ☆
This is the first book I read by Katie Fox, but after this I will surely check other works of her because "Our Alternate Ending" may look like the usual boss-employee romance after reading the blurb, but it is more than that.

Elle Callihan is a determined woman. She has a job, but she has other dreams in mind and they could turn into reality if her interview at Caldwell Publishing goes well.

Owen Caldwell is the intriguing CEO of Caldwell Publishing. He is a successful man and he knows what he wa
Ashley
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-favorites

OML, YOU GUYS. Let me tell you something, this book was absolutely heartbreakingly beautiful.

But aaah is it just me or does anyone else not like the couple on the cover? Ha. Sorry, I love the typewriter, but ughhh the people bother me lol.

ANYWAYS. Okay, where to be begin? How about with the fact that I've never read anything by this author before this book, and that is a serious tragedy for me and anyone else who has not had the pleasure of reading this lady's words.

I know people have
Janine - The World Was Hers for the Reading
Elle’s a hot mess, but she has a dream. Now, all she needs is a chance. When she shows up to an interview with a broken heel, coffee covered blouse and wet hair, Owen Caldwell sends her packing. But he can’t get her out of his head.

When she runs into Owen Caldwell while working at the public library she never expects for him to offer her a job. While her pride says to tell him no, Elle can’t pass up the chance to work for one of the country’s top publishing companies. Unfortunately, he’s kind o
Kelsey Buriedinabook_k Lehman
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL ! Owen and Elle' s story will rip your heart open and then fill it piece by piece.

"It wasn't liking her that scared me. It was falling in love with her that did."

From the moment you start reading you're sucked in. Elle is so real, she's everyone who's ever had a dream. Owen may have come off as a jerk at first but you can sense that we're missing a part to him.

I love how It's a slow, all consuming type of love. These characters bring so much hope to your lives. But you kno
Terri Handschumacher
There are hardly words to describe the emotions that this book made me feel while reading it. This book was one that made me feel emotionally attached to each of the characters. They had this perfect chemistry between them. Even when they tried to deny that there was something between them. Owen was ready to give up and not fight for his life. That is until he finally allows himself to really love Elle. This is a story that will touch your heart and make you believe that love can heal. You will ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
New Adult Book Club: #33/18 Our Alternate Ending by Katie Fox 23 51 May 27, 2018 05:40PM

• Confessions of a Klutz (Confessions, #1)
  • Three (Love by Numbers, #3)
  • Indigo
  • What's Left of Me
  • Out of Love
  • Shot in the Dark (Blackbridge Security, #2)
  • Exploring the Rules
  • Hostile Territory (Blackbridge Security, #1)
  • Carried Away
  • The Line
  • The Rivals
  • Jail House Rock
  • IOU
  • The Best Next Thing
  • Truly Yours (Mason & Sophie, #2; Roommate Duet, #4)
  • Boss in the Bedsheets (Adventures In Dating, #2)
  • Sweet Dreams (Beach Squad, #1)
  • The Real
Katie Fox was born in Florida and raised in Pennsylvania, where she still currently resides with her husband and son. A hopeless romantic, she is a sucker for a good love story. When you don't find her nose buried in one, she's usually found in her writing cave, giving life to the voices in her head. Since a very young age, writing has been her passion. Katie has a crazy obsession with social medi ...more