Start by marking “Lessons in Corruption (The Fallen Men, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lessons in Corruption (The Fallen Men, #1)

Lessons in Corruption

(The Fallen Men #1)

He was eighteen.
The heir to a notorious, criminal MC.
And my student.

There was no way I could get involved.
No way I could stay involved.
Then, no way I could get out alive.

Book One in The Fallen Men series. A standalone.
Paperback, 1st Edition, 378 pages
Published December 1st 2017 by Giana Darling

To ask other readers questions about Lessons in Corruption, please sign up.
Giana Darling Hey honey, it is! It is the first book in a series of standalone books about The Fallen MC <3
Tina
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Lessons in Corruption (The Fallen Men, #1)
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
3.5 Stars

Hmm...Well, I enjoyed it.

But...

Hugely ripped-off style in the form of KA biker-speak and the chin lifts...
Hugely simplistic in a lot of ways...
Hugely forgettable in a lot of ways...?

Perhaps.

Regardless, a decent way to pass an evening and good enough for me to grab the second one. You know I can’t deny a 19-year age gap, people.

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Eve (Between The Bookends)
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description

description

NOTE: This coming year I have set a challenge for myself of reading one book a week that takes me out of my comfort zone. A book that may include one (or more) tropes (scenarios) that I avoid like the plague. Cheating. Older women/younger man. OW drama. Just to name a few. Nothing is off limits. I am taking a HUGE step out of the box I usually live in and charting a course into the unknown (HaHa). My reviews for these books will differ slightly from my usual as I will focus more on whether the
Bibi
Sep 16, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Admittedly I didn’t get very far, but the bit I read seemed unreal and dated. Like King was channeling a 1970s movie character, and I legit expected him to break out his comb to do a Danny Zuko. Parallel to that, the Alpha male thing is reminiscent of Kristen Ashley who, by the way, is one of my least fave authors.

Anyways, it’s a DNF for me.
Giana Darling
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I mean, how could I not give my own book 5 stars? lol

Lessons In Corruption is LIVE! Make sure you check out Giana Darling on Facebook for a chance to win a signed copy and join in the release party extravaganzas taking place today <3

I hope you all enjoy King and Cressida as much as I did!
Jessica
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
UPDATE: Reread this in 2019 and am bumping it up to a 5 star read! Loved it so much!
------------------------------------
It's no secret that I love a good motorcycle romance, so when one of my instagram friends recommended this series to me, I went to amazon and immediately downloaded it from KU.

After finally leaving her husband, Cress finds herself living for herself for the first time. And that means starting a fling with a hot biker she met at the grocery store. Cress is finally giving into
DW
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fallen-men
I should be ashamed crushing on an 18 year old but Surprisingly I have feel no shame!!

King is
Melanie A.
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 STARS!!
King was my apple, my Satan, my ultimate fall from grace.
WAIT!

Before I start this review, I just want to say that I think we should form a new group here on GR . . . I'm thinking we should call it King Kyle Garro Annonymous or maybe The Pervy Woman's Support Group . Our introductions could go something like 'Hello, my name is Melanie. I'm 45 years old and I'm in lust with 18 year-old King Kyle Garro.'

LOL. . .but seriously, you guys, there is nary a straight woman alive who
R. Scarlett
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Giana Darling blew me away with this forbidden tale between a teacher and a student. But he's not just any student.

As soon as I saw the blurb for this book, I knew in my gut I would love it and devour it. It was so unique and hot and romantic. I couldn't stop reading! Giana's prose is so elegant and detailed.

I seriously can't wait to read more of her work and especially get to know Daddy Zeus more in her next book!
Tpagirl
Lessons in Corruption was Giana Darling’s first book in the Fallen Men series. It was also my first book by the author and I can’t wait to continue in the series.

King Kyle Garro was born and raised in the Fallen Men MC. His grandfather founded the MC, his father was the current president, and King was groomed to be King one day. Until then, he was currently a seventeen/eighteen year old senior in high school. He was smart, beautiful and liked by everyone.

Cressida Irons was a high school English
nikki
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reading this again made me fall deeper in love with King and Cressida. I would give it more than 5 stars, if I could!!!

***********

“Never met a woman like you. Know I won’t again. You find somethin’ worth keepin’, you find a way to f@ckin keep it...I may be a man without a normal moral compass, but I’m a man who makes a woman a promise, and I’ll die before I break it.”

I would like to introduce you all to my newest obsession - King Kyle Garro. I am sooooo in love with him.

I love an “age-gap”
Rea
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
I was excited to delve into my first book by Giana Darling, having heard nothing but great things! I'm not a blurb or review reader, so I went in relatively blind. I have some good points and some challenges to share with you on my experience in reading Lessons In Corruption. First the good!

-I can see where people are immediately drawn into the story! From the first few pages, the description of King is awe inspiring. You'll feel like you are in the parking lot with Cressida, losing your breathe
Serena's Must Have Book Boyfriends
5 I WANT TO BE HIS QUEEN STARS!

GRITTY. PROVOCATIVE. AMAZING. STUNNING. SEXY. HEART STOPPING. INTRIGUING. SUSPENSEFUL. BEAUTIFUL. These are just a FEW of the words I would use to describe Lessons in Corruption. I cannot believe I have not read this author's work before. WHERE THE HELL have I been?

You guys. You NEED to read this book. You HAVE to meet King. HAVE. TO. Your life will never be the same. I'm telling you, I do not normally read MC books. But my friend messaged me and said "Serena. I
Michelle Claypot_Reads
Wow!!!! I would honestly give this book more stars if I could. I smiled a dopey smile the whole way through this book, a sure sign it's a fantastic read.

Recommended to me by one of my book babes I grabbed this book on Release Day and stayed up til almost 4am to finish this story. I could not turn the pages quickly enough. Talk about chemistry - the heat in this story just about melted my IPad.

King is EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING I want in a BBF. His confidence, his filthy mouth, his
Vanessa (nessreads)
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review*

5 "My heart has not come down from its King high* Stars!!!!!

First and foremost, I love being introduced to new authors. And when I saw the teasers for this book I knew I had to get my grabby hands on it. There's just something about the feeling of exhilaration you get from experiencing a new authors words. Of how their writing just seeps into your skin. The way you breathe in the story and dread its ending. I can't tell you just how
London
Loooooved it. Yes, it had a bit of the Kristen Ashley style biker dialogue but I loved it. Loved the heroine and I devoured the book. I hope the heroes in the next books in the series are as faithful as the hero in this one. Please please don’t go downhill and have detailed sex with other women! I loved the hero in this book!
Nicla
I loved Lessons in Corruption. It is definitely going on my favorite’s shelf. I really didn't think I would love it so much. I don't usually read student teacher romance or older heroine younger hero trope (although it didn't feel like they had a 9 year age gap). I had also read many reviews that there was a lot of push and pull from the heroine which I normally dislike but it worked in this story. It wasn't as much I was expecting and the hero never let her push him away. Speaking of heroes, ...more
C.L. Matthews
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ohf*ck!Ohf*ck!Ohf*ck!Ohf*ck!Ohf*ck!Ohf*ck!Ohf*ck!Ohf*ck!
Like, seriously. It took me sooooooooo long to even conjure the words I feel for this book.
Let's start off with, POPPA GARRRO. Yes, b*tches, I realize this book isn't about him. BUT he took me by my soul, I've had this feeling since he was introduced, that his book will be my favorite. Like, #heydaddy and all that jazz. Okay, now that I'm done physically drooling over a fictional character that screams DILF, let's get to the rest, yeah?
I
Leigh
Oh Boy did I dislike this book. After seeing this series every where and all the glowing reviews I went against my gut and decided to give it a try. First I have to say it's because I really want to read book 2 and I can't skip books ever, my brain won't let me lol. Anyway like many reviewers have stated the writing is a complete rip off of KA, which I would have been able to deal with since I do love her but I hated Cressida. There was nothing that I enjoyed about her character, she was ...more
Jacqueline's Reads
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mc, ku, 4-star-books
4 MC – TEACHER / STUDENT ROMANCE Stars

I found Lessons in Corruption on one of those Goodreads lists. I thought, hmm… why not? This is a teacher / student book and get this, it’s an MC book AND… wait for it… he’s the student!

I didn’t know if I would like the Hero being younger, but it worked, only because he talks and acts like a twenty-something year old but I went with it.

One thing, I didn’t feel like the cover matched the guy, only because he has shoulder length hair, I know, I’m picky, but
Auden Dar
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Six enthusiastic stars!

Oh.My.Gawd!

The chemistry between King and Cressida is off the charts, and I literally found myself so hot and bothered, I had to take a short break. After I devoured this gem, I immediately sent messages to friends recommending that they pick up one of the hottest student/teacher romances I have ever read. A day later, ALL have thanked me for introducing them to King.

It’s so difficult to write a review worthy of a book that blew me away. In addition to creating some of
Meggie
4 STARS

“A man without respect for the law is not a man without respect for anything. All that intensity, that devotion, is channeled toward other things, mostly their people; the brotherhood, family, their women. You can’t experience anything like it until you’ve had it.”

As some of you may know, MC books definitely aren't in my stack of favorites. I don’t know if it’s the overall attitude or what, but usually, I just can’t get into them. For me, the exception is the fantastic Madeline Sheehan
Addicted to Books
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
2 Stars

I guess I expected a lot more with the raving reviews. I have read so many romances and my standards keep getting higher higher. For me high quality romances score really well with me and unfortunately this book was no where near high quality.

But it is a fairly good attempt at a romance as the author got a few elements right but a lot of others quite wrong that it ruined the reading experience for me. The first 5 chapters were fine and it went downhill from there.

Lately I come across a
Sonal
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
HOLY MOTHER OF ALL THAT IS HOT!!!!!!!!!

Cressida is done with her life controlled by her husband. She decides to start all over again with a crappy house, a new job and a positive attitude. With a new zeal to turn her life around, she feels better about her life for the first time ever. Then she meets King Garro and her entire universe starts spinning on its axis. She didn't anticipate the raw attraction that she feels for him. She can't believe the feelings he inspires. Too bad he's her student.
arini ★彡
urghh *cringe* another one bites the dust.
i thought i could never dislike an mc book, but i was so obviously wrong.

insufferable characters

not in a conceited or cocky way, but in a “you are super annoying, i can’t stand you” way. i’m talking especially about cressida, the heroine. she was judgemental and far too naive for her age. i mean, i understand that she had been sheltered practically her whole life. but even with her new found freedom, there wasn’t much of a development in her character
Amy Stephens
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Giana Darling, where have you been all my life? Why is this the first book I've ever read of yours?

The blurb may be somewhat vague, but let me tell you, you're not going to put this story down once you start it. The feelings you're going to get from these words are almost indescribable. And the cover is absolutely perfect for King! The author described him beautifully and I could totally get why Cress noticed him so easily from across the parking lot.

This story just oozes with sexiness. King
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
Another great read from a new to me author!

King and Cressida shocked and surprised me in the very best of ways. There was so much I enjoyed about the story! The plot, the secondary character, and obviously the forbidden nature of the book. I loved that the heroine was older in this one.

I had some ticky little issues with the writing and execution, but the storyline had me completely captivated, so ultimately they didn't play a major role in my view of the book. Had those issues not existed,
Fiona Cole
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
King is sooo sexy!! He makes the book!
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Oh boy.....this might be a bit long but it's necessary in order to express how I truly felt about this book.

For most of my adult reading life I read strictly historical romances,Nora Roberts and Sandra Brown. I never deviated until 2017 when a friend suggested motorcycle man to me because I couldn't stop raving about Sons of Anarchy. The day I took a chance on motorcycle man by KA is one of my fondest memories because it opened up my love of mc romances. From 2017 to now I've read quite a few mc
Kim
It was hard to tell who was the 18 year old and who was the 26 year old. And King *snort* may be the son of the president of an MC but there’s no way an 18 y/o guy talks and acts like that. If would have been slightly more believable if he’d been at least a few years older.
Jacqueline
Total alpha catnip.

Fabulous tension and chemistry.

I adore an age gap story but generally prefer an older man. *shrugs* Sorry, that's just me. In this one, she's older and she's his teacher too. He was 18. Yikes.

I wasn't really buying his age, he seemed much older in the way he behaved. My son is 19 and I look at him and his pals and have a hard time believing King is the same age. That helped though actually, for I'd he's behaved like a numpty 18 year old then it would've been weird not hot.

• Credence
  • Birthday Girl
  • Dreams of 18
  • Medicine Man
  • Voyeur (Voyeur, #1)
  • Filthy Gods (American Gods, #0.5)
  • Execution (Off Balance, #2)
  • Broken Knight (All Saints High, #2)
  • Balance (Off Balance, #1)
  • Bad Saint (All The Pretty Things Trilogy, #1)
  • On the Rocks (Becker Brothers, #1)
  • Wanting Mr. Cane (Cane, #1)
  • Praying for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #1)
  • Lethal (The Disciples #1)
  • Untouchable
  • Release (Off Balance, #3)
  • Lust (The Elite Seven, #1)
  • The Younger Man
Giana Darling is a Top 40 Amazon Best Selling Canadian romance writer who specializes in the taboo and angsty side of love and romance. She currently lives in beautiful British Columbia where she spends time riding on the back of her man’s bike, baking pies, and reading snuggled up with her cat Persephone.

She loves to hear from readers so please contact her at gianadarling@gmail.com if you have

The Fallen Men (4 books)
  • Welcome to the Dark Side (The Fallen Men, #2)
  • Good Gone Bad (The Fallen Men, #3)
  • After the Fall (The Fallen Men, #4)
“Grown women don’t get on their knees for boys, do they Cressida? So, you have a choice. You can tell me to get out or you can get on your knees for me now and I’ll show you how a real man treats his woman, starting by letting you worship my d#$k with that beautiful mouth of yours like I know you’re aching to.” 3 likes
“Never met a woman like you. Know I won’t again. You find somethin’ worth keepin’, you find a way to fuckin’ keep it. Not gonna stop, and just so you know, I got it that this could get you fired, that this could cause you embarrassment but what I got to say to that is this: whatever pain and ugliness I bring you by bein’ with you, I promise I’ll bring you double that in sweetness and beauty. You hear me on that, because I may be a man without a normal moral compass, but I’m a man who makes a woman a promise, and I’ll die before I break it.” 2 likes