Start by marking “Lessons in Corruption (The Fallen Men, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lessons in Corruption (The Fallen Men, #1)

Lessons in Corruption

(The Fallen Men #1)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  7,043 ratings  ·  1,229 reviews
He was eighteen.
The heir to a notorious, criminal MC.
And my student.

There was no way I could get involved.
No way I could stay involved.
Then, no way I could get out alive.

Book One in The Fallen Men series. A standalone.
Paperback, 1st Edition, 378 pages
Published December 1st 2017 by Giana Darling (first published November 29th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Lessons in Corruption, please sign up.
Giana Darling Hey honey, it is! It is the first book in a series of standalone books about The Fallen MC <3
Dinna Burns I didn't care for her being older than him so I decided against it and went ahead and read the 2nd one. But was interested by information that was giv…moreI didn't care for her being older than him so I decided against it and went ahead and read the 2nd one. But was interested by information that was given about these 2 that I went ahead and read it after I finished book #2. It was definitely worth it.
As for the cheating thing, it's not what you think.
My opinion would be to read it. I don't think you will be disappointed.(less)

·  7,043 ratings  ·  1,229 reviews

Start your review of Lessons in Corruption (The Fallen Men, #1)
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
3.5 Stars

Hmm...Well, I enjoyed it.

But...

Hugely ripped-off style in the form of KA biker-speak and the chin lifts...
Hugely simplistic in a lot of ways...
Hugely forgettable in a lot of ways...?

Perhaps.

Regardless, a decent way to pass an evening and good enough for me to grab the second one. You know I can’t deny a 19-year age gap, people.

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Bibi
Sep 16, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Admittedly I didn’t get very far into the book, but the bit I read seemed unreal and dated. Like King was channelling a 1970s movie character and I legit expected him to break out his comb to do a Danny Zuko.

Parallel to that, the Alpha male thing is reminiscent of Kristen Ashley who, by the way, is one of my least fave authors.

Anyway, it’s a DNF for me.
K
4.5 "𝔉𝔞𝔩𝔩𝔢𝔫 𝔎𝔦𝔫𝔤" + "ℑ𝔯𝔬𝔫 𝔔𝔲𝔢𝔢𝔫" stars!

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠 : Boys Like You ⋆ Tanerélle

my last read of the year.
my first ever by Giana Darling.
technically, only my second MC romance.
though, strictly speaking, it felt like my first.

now, i’m not at all into the older woman / younger man trope.
too busy, too far gone in my ways, and too preoccupied with being a hussy for all that of the older man / younger woman.

therefore, it’s as surprising as it is phenomenal to me that said trope in this novel had me thinkin
mel ☽
18 year old boys in real life could NEVER 👏🏼.

i mean, have y'all ever heard an 18 year old boy say something like this:
“Never met a woman like you. Know I won’t again. You find somethin’ worth keepin’, you find a way to fuckin’ keep it. Not gonna stop, and just so you know, I got it that this could get you fired, that this could cause you embarrassment but what I got to say to that is this: whatever pain and ugliness I bring you by bein’ with you, I promise I’ll bring you double that in s
Saswati
Dec 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: age-gap
3.75 - 3.8 'Bone of my bone' stars ⭐️

King was my apple, my Satan, my ultimate fall from grace.

Age gap ✔️
Student teacher romance ✔️
Older woman, younger man
✔️

I'd like to take a moment to emphasize how important it is to read a series in order, because here's how I read this series:
1. Book #2
2. Book #2.5
3. Book #1

As you might have already guessed, yours truly was rolling in a bed of spoilers while reading this one!

Anyway, moving on, Lessons In Corruption was kind of insta-lovey but sweet, an
Bookworm Extraordinaire
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description

description

NOTE: This coming year I have set a challenge for myself of reading one book a week that takes me out of my comfort zone. A book that may include one (or more) tropes (scenarios) that I avoid like the plague. Cheating. Older women/younger man. OW drama. Just to name a few. Nothing is off limits. I am taking a HUGE step out of the box I usually live in and charting a course into the unknown (HaHa). My reviews for these books will differ slightly from my usual as I will focus more on whether the
Isabella. R
4 Unadulterated Lust Stars ⭐

I wanted to be a part of it. To stand beside the blond king and be his rough and tumble queen.

It was love at first sight, but it would take months until they would properly cross paths or give into their feelings. And it would be done. It would be too late, lines would be crossed, and she would never be just his teacher…

Cressida Irons spent years in a marriage she’d been groomed for. By leaving her ex-husband, meant leaving her family as well. Starting over in a new t
EmBibliophile

Seriously, this got me laughing so hard. I didn’t know what to expect from this, but for the first few chapters I was just laughing? I mean sorry, but I just couldn’t take them seriously AT ALL!!

Eighteen years old boys don’t act like that. They just don’t. It’s just not believable. Throughout the book I had a hard time trying to figure out who was the teenager and who was the adult. As for the heroine she was kinda insufferable and kinda drove me crazy. The whole thing just seemed so un
Giana Darling
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I mean, how could I not give my own book 5 stars? lol

Lessons In Corruption is LIVE! Make sure you check out Giana Darling on Facebook for a chance to win a signed copy and join in the release party extravaganzas taking place today <3

I hope you all enjoy King and Cressida as much as I did!
Jessica
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
UPDATE: Reread this in 2019 and am bumping it up to a 5 star read! Loved it so much!
------------------------------------
It's no secret that I love a good motorcycle romance, so when one of my instagram friends recommended this series to me, I went to amazon and immediately downloaded it from KU.

After finally leaving her husband, Cress finds herself living for herself for the first time. And that means starting a fling with a hot biker she met at the grocery store. Cress is finally giving into
Lana Reads
Apr 23, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2020
Yeah, I'm definitely a minority here as most of my GR friends just LOVED this book. I totally understand why!

The hero is a 18 year old man, who knows what he wants in life and not afraid to take it; he is intelligent, a freaking POET and drop dead handsome. He's also an ultimate alpha type, who is as sexy as he is confident, experienced in everything and is just generally a sex on legs. Who wouldn't want to be his badass biker babe?

Well, his babe is actually a 26 year old damsel in distress, who
❤️Emma Book Lover ❤️
4 "Bone of my Bone" Stars

Who knows my reading habits maybe noticed that I avoid MC books,,,they are just not my style with all the old lady/bitch stuff, but I decided to give this a try and I am so happy I did so because this was a beautiful love story a bit unconventional with reverse age-gap and teacher/student trope.
This book is definitely more tame regarding the MC aspect , but it still held a bot of action and MC business.

Now, about the story: we have Cress and King , she is 26 married and
Melanie A. *mostly on hiatus*
4.5 STARS!!
King was my apple, my Satan, my ultimate fall from grace.
WAIT!

Before I start this review, I just want to say that I think we should form a new group here on GR . . . I'm thinking we should call it King Kyle Garro Annonymous or maybe The Pervy Woman's Support Group . Our introductions could go something like 'Hello, my name is Melanie. I'm 45 years old and I'm in lust with 18 year-old King Kyle Garro.'

LOL. . .but seriously, you guys, there is nary a straight woman
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)

New author for me and yay so pleased to say this was a big hit for me, I adore discovering new writers that hit my sweet spot and this one sure did.
Which is strange because I don’t usually go a bundle on a younger hero but here it didn’t bother me one little bit.

The age-gap here isn’t huge King is eighteen the son of the fallen MC’s Prez and Cressida twenty-six and also his teacher, a few years down the line it wouldn’t be even a blip on anyone’s radar, Here it just seems a mountain but only Cre
D.L. Howe
Mar 12, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: student-teacher
4.5 Stars

I’m the kind of girl who likes her mafia romances light on the mafia. Im pretty sure I avoided MC romance because I wasn’t into the gritty douchery, so I was hesitant to dive into this. But I am happily surprised that it’s light on the asshole side of bikers. To me this is just the right amount of dark and gritty. I know I love me a dark ass read but sometimes I just want to be swept off my feet by an alpha male that’s not a total dick.

I love that this is very loosely based on Paradise
Cami
I’m totally with Melanie A. on this and I am proclaiming myself as a member or maybe even an officer in the PERVY WOMAN’S SUPPORT GROUP. King Kyle Garro is HOT HOT HOT!!!!! He oozed sex appeal and I want him for my own!

This was a great book!! It has so much going on. A taboo romance, self-exploration, action, a bit of mystery (although I figured something out early on).

Cressida was raised by parents who were clearly stuck in maybe the 1950’s or something. Their way of thinking is just so extre
R. Scarlett
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Giana Darling blew me away with this forbidden tale between a teacher and a student. But he's not just any student.

As soon as I saw the blurb for this book, I knew in my gut I would love it and devour it. It was so unique and hot and romantic. I couldn't stop reading! Giana's prose is so elegant and detailed.

I seriously can't wait to read more of her work and especially get to know Daddy Zeus more in her next book!
Bookadmirer
I want to know where can female students openly sit on their male classmates lap in front of a teacher in a class? While discussing on lessons?

Anyway, I liked how Kings family always supported Crassida. Alo the sex scenes are very hot. But it didn't cover the story. I didn't get the protagonists connection. The writing wasn't that appealing. It was all over the place. Way too many characters, silly stuff happened all over the book.

And what's with babe? 🙄 Can they stop?
DW
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fallen-men
I should be ashamed crushing on an 18 year old but Surprisingly I have feel no shame!!

King is 🔥🔥🔥🔥
Tpagirl Loves Romance
Lessons in Corruption was Giana Darling’s first book in the Fallen Men series. It was also my first book by the author and I can’t wait to continue in the series.

King Kyle Garro was born and raised in the Fallen Men MC. His grandfather founded the MC, his father was the current president, and King was groomed to be King one day. Until then, he was currently a seventeen/eighteen year old senior in high school. He was smart, beautiful and liked by everyone.

Cressida Irons was a high school English
Birjis
***First read: 5th April, 2019***

***Re-read: 22nd April, 2020***

I am sad that I couldn't raise my rating after the re-read. My problem with this book was the main characters developement. They didn't seem fit to be where they are. King wasn't the typical 18 years old. He is smart and really experienced for his age. His confidence and association with the The Fallen MC (grooming to be the next President of the MC club) makes him stand out and have us girls swooning over him. Cressida starts a lif
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
There were three reasons for why I picked this book up:
1. That cover

2. So many people were talking about it

3. It's an age gap student/teacher trope

And for the most part, it lived up to expectations. King was sexy AF, young and confident, and he knew what he wanted. He was unlike any other 18 year old I've ever met. His father was the the Prez of The Fallen and King was no stranger to danger and mayhem. But he was smart. He was going places. And he wanted to take his teacher with him.

Cressida was
London
Loooooved it. Yes, it had a bit of the Kristen Ashley style biker dialogue but I loved it. Loved the heroine and I devoured the book. I hope the heroes in the next books in the series are as faithful as the hero in this one. Please please don’t go downhill and have detailed sex with other women! I loved the hero in this book!
Rea
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
I was excited to delve into my first book by Giana Darling, having heard nothing but great things! I'm not a blurb or review reader, so I went in relatively blind. I have some good points and some challenges to share with you on my experience in reading Lessons In Corruption. First the good!

-I can see where people are immediately drawn into the story! From the first few pages, the description of King is awe inspiring. You'll feel like you are in the parking lot with Cressida, losing your breathe
nikki
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reading this again made me fall deeper in love with King and Cressida. I would give it more than 5 stars, if I could!!!

***********

“Never met a woman like you. Know I won’t again. You find somethin’ worth keepin’, you find a way to f@ckin keep it...I may be a man without a normal moral compass, but I’m a man who makes a woman a promise, and I’ll die before I break it.”

I would like to introduce you all to my newest obsession - King Kyle Garro. I am sooooo in love with him.

I love an “age-gap” sto
Leigh
Oh Boy did I dislike this book. After seeing this series every where and all the glowing reviews I went against my gut and decided to give it a try. First I have to say it's because I really want to read book 2 and I can't skip books ever, my brain won't let me lol. Anyway like many reviewers have stated the writing is a complete rip off of KA, which I would have been able to deal with since I do love her but I hated Cressida. There was nothing that I enjoyed about her character, she was judgeme ...more
Michelle Claypot_Reads
Wow!!!! I would honestly give this book more stars if I could. I smiled a dopey smile the whole way through this book, a sure sign it's a fantastic read.

Recommended to me by one of my book babes I grabbed this book on Release Day and stayed up til almost 4am to finish this story. I could not turn the pages quickly enough. Talk about chemistry - the heat in this story just about melted my IPad.

King is EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING I want in a BBF. His confidence, his filthy mouth, his kindne
Vanessa (nessreads)
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review*

5 "My heart has not come down from its King high* Stars!!!!!

First and foremost, I love being introduced to new authors. And when I saw the teasers for this book I knew I had to get my grabby hands on it. There's just something about the feeling of exhilaration you get from experiencing a new authors words. Of how their writing just seeps into your skin. The way you breathe in the story and dread its ending. I can't tell you just how absolutel
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4 'Bone of my bone' Stars!

It's been a while since I've read a MC romance and I've had Lessons in Corruption and The Fallen Men series by Giana Darling in my TBR list for a while. I've finally decided to give it a go and I have to say I really enjoyed reading how the Blond King / Biker Poet falls in love with his Iron Queen! I am a sucker for age-gap taboo romance and this one definitely did not disappoint. It was sexy AF, forbidden, darkish and emotional and I was all over it!

I mean, a young tea
Christy
I was a good woman who had fallen in love with the ultimate bad boy. Now, I just had to figure out what to do about it.

After reading and becoming obsessed with ‘Welcome to the Dark Side’, I wanted to start at the beginning and read King and Cressida’s story. Though I didn’t love this near as much as Zeus and Lou’s story, it was an enjoyable story.

Cressida is a teacher and stuck in a loveless marriage. She married an older man when she was eighteen, and now eight years lat
Similar to this book 2 9 Feb 25, 2021 12:38AM
Challenge Corner: Lessons in Corruption, by Giana Darling - Starting January 23rd, 2021 20 7 Feb 04, 2021 08:05AM

• Unconditional
  • Sicko
  • Love Unexpected
  • Don't Kiss the Bride
  • Voyeur (Voyeur, #1)
  • Him
  • Between Us
  • The Sweetest Oblivion (Made, #1)
  • Sweet Temptation
  • Blame it on the Champagne (Blame it on the Alcohol, #1)
  • Teacher (Voyeur, #6)
  • Sugar Daddies
  • Credence
  • Birthday Girl
  • Torn (All Torn Up, #1)
  • The Darkest Temptation (Made, #3)
  • Lilac
  • Lord of London Town (Adley Firm #1)
See top shelves…
Giana Darling is a Wall Street Journal, USA Today and Top 40 Amazon Best Selling Canadian romance author.

I love to write about all things dark, forbidden, and angsty.

★CONNECT WITH GIANA★
GOODREADS: http://bit.ly/2J5Evtq
AMAZON: https://amzn.to/2E5LPRW
BO

The Fallen Men (7 books)
  • Welcome to the Dark Side (The Fallen Men, #2)
  • Good Gone Bad (The Fallen Men, #3)
  • After the Fall (The Fallen Men, #4)
  • Inked in Lies (The Fallen Men, #5)
  • Dead Man Walking (The Fallen Men, #6)
  • Untitled (The Fallen Men, #7)