Start by marking “Lessons in Corruption (The Fallen Men, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lessons in Corruption (The Fallen Men, #1)

Lessons in Corruption

(The Fallen Men #1)

He was eighteen.
The heir to a notorious, criminal MC.
And my student.

There was no way I could get involved.
No way I could stay involved.
Then, no way I could get out alive.

Book One in The Fallen Men series. A standalone.
Paperback, 1st Edition, 378 pages
Published December 1st 2017 by Giana Darling (first published November 29th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Lessons in Corruption, please sign up.
Giana Darling Hey honey, it is! It is the first book in a series of standalone books about The Fallen MC <3…moreHey honey, it is! It is the first book in a series of standalone books about The Fallen MC <3(less)
Tina
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Lessons in Corruption (The Fallen Men, #1)
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
3.5 Stars

Hmm...Well, I enjoyed it.

But...

Hugely ripped-off style in the form of KA biker-speak and the chin lifts...
Hugely simplistic in a lot of ways...
Hugely forgettable in a lot of ways...?

Perhaps.

Regardless, a decent way to pass an evening and good enough for me to grab the second one. You know I can’t deny a 19-year age gap, people.

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Bibi
Sep 16, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Admittedly I didn’t get very far, but the bit I read seemed unreal and dated. Like King was channeling a 1970s movie character, and I legit expected him to break out his comb to do a Danny Zuko. Parallel to that, the Alpha male thing is reminiscent of Kristen Ashley who, by the way, is one of my least fave authors.

Anyways, it’s a DNF for me.
Eve (Between The Bookends)
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description

description

NOTE: This coming year I have set a challenge for myself of reading one book a week that takes me out of my comfort zone. A book that may include one (or more) tropes (scenarios) that I avoid like the plague. Cheating. Older women/younger man. OW drama. Just to name a few. Nothing is off limits. I am taking a HUGE step out of the box I usually live in and charting a course into the unknown (HaHa). My reviews for these books will differ slightly from my usual as I will focus more on whether the
Isabella. R
4 Unadulterated Lust Stars ⭐

I wanted to be a part of it. To stand beside the blond king and be his rough and tumble queen.

It was love at first sight, but it would take months until they would properly cross paths or give into their feelings. And it would be done. It would be too late, lines would be crossed, and she would never be just his teacher…

Cressida Irons spent years in a marriage she’d been groomed for. By leaving her ex-husband, meant leaving her family as well. Starting over in a new t
mel
18 year old boys in real life could NEVER 👏🏼.

i mean, have y'all ever heard an 18 year old boy say something like this:
“Never met a woman like you. Know I won’t again. You find somethin’ worth keepin’, you find a way to fuckin’ keep it. Not gonna stop, and just so you know, I got it that this could get you fired, that this could cause you embarrassment but what I got to say to that is this: whatever pain and ugliness I bring you by bein’ with you, I promise I’ll bring you double that in s
Giana Darling
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I mean, how could I not give my own book 5 stars? lol

Lessons In Corruption is LIVE! Make sure you check out Giana Darling on Facebook for a chance to win a signed copy and join in the release party extravaganzas taking place today <3

I hope you all enjoy King and Cressida as much as I did!
❤️Emma Book Lover ❤️
4 "Bone of my Bone" Stars

Who knows my reading habits maybe noticed that I avoid MC books,,,they are just not my style with all the old lady/bitch stuff, but I decided to give this a try and I am so happy I did so because this was a beautiful love story a bit unconventional with reverse age-gap and teacher/student trope.
This book is definitely more tame regarding the MC aspect , but it still held a bot of action and MC business.

Now, about the story: we have Cress and King , she is 26 married and
Jessica
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
UPDATE: Reread this in 2019 and am bumping it up to a 5 star read! Loved it so much!
------------------------------------
It's no secret that I love a good motorcycle romance, so when one of my instagram friends recommended this series to me, I went to amazon and immediately downloaded it from KU.

After finally leaving her husband, Cress finds herself living for herself for the first time. And that means starting a fling with a hot biker she met at the grocery store. Cress is finally giving into
Melanie A.
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 STARS!!
King was my apple, my Satan, my ultimate fall from grace.
WAIT!

Before I start this review, I just want to say that I think we should form a new group here on GR . . . I'm thinking we should call it King Kyle Garro Annonymous or maybe The Pervy Woman's Support Group . Our introductions could go something like 'Hello, my name is Melanie. I'm 45 years old and I'm in lust with 18 year-old King Kyle Garro.'

LOL. . .but seriously, you guys, there is nary a straight woman
Cami
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m totally with Melanie A. on this and I am proclaiming myself as a member or maybe even an officer in the PERVY WOMAN’S SUPPORT GROUP. King Kyle Garro is HOT HOT HOT!!!!! He oozed sex appeal and I want him for my own!

This was a great book!! It has so much going on. A taboo romance, self-exploration, action, a bit of mystery (although I figured something out early on).

Cressida was raised by parents who were clearly stuck in maybe the 1950’s or something. Their way of thinking is just so extre
DW
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fallen-men
I should be ashamed crushing on an 18 year old but Surprisingly I have feel no shame!!

King is 🔥🔥🔥🔥
R. Scarlett
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Giana Darling blew me away with this forbidden tale between a teacher and a student. But he's not just any student.

As soon as I saw the blurb for this book, I knew in my gut I would love it and devour it. It was so unique and hot and romantic. I couldn't stop reading! Giana's prose is so elegant and detailed.

I seriously can't wait to read more of her work and especially get to know Daddy Zeus more in her next book!
Lana Reads and Knits
Yeah, I'm definitely a minority here as most of my GR friends just LOVED this book. I totally understand why!

The hero is a 18 year old man, who knows what he wants in life and not afraid to take it; he is intelligent, a freaking POET and drop dead handsome. He's also an ultimate alpha type, who is as sexy as he is confident, experienced in everything and is just generally a sex on legs. Who wouldn't want to be his badass biker babe?

Well, his babe is actually a 26 year old damsel in distress, who
Tpagirl Loves Romance
Lessons in Corruption was Giana Darling’s first book in the Fallen Men series. It was also my first book by the author and I can’t wait to continue in the series.

King Kyle Garro was born and raised in the Fallen Men MC. His grandfather founded the MC, his father was the current president, and King was groomed to be King one day. Until then, he was currently a seventeen/eighteen year old senior in high school. He was smart, beautiful and liked by everyone.

Cressida Irons was a high school English
nikki
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reading this again made me fall deeper in love with King and Cressida. I would give it more than 5 stars, if I could!!!

***********

“Never met a woman like you. Know I won’t again. You find somethin’ worth keepin’, you find a way to f@ckin keep it...I may be a man without a normal moral compass, but I’m a man who makes a woman a promise, and I’ll die before I break it.”

I would like to introduce you all to my newest obsession - King Kyle Garro. I am sooooo in love with him.

I love an “age-gap” sto
Rea
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
I was excited to delve into my first book by Giana Darling, having heard nothing but great things! I'm not a blurb or review reader, so I went in relatively blind. I have some good points and some challenges to share with you on my experience in reading Lessons In Corruption. First the good!

-I can see where people are immediately drawn into the story! From the first few pages, the description of King is awe inspiring. You'll feel like you are in the parking lot with Cressida, losing your breathe
Birjis
***First read: 5th April, 2019***

***Re-read: 22nd April, 2020***

I am sad that I couldn't raise my rating after the re-read. My problem with this book was the main characters developement. They didn't seem fit to be where they are. King wasn't the typical 18 years old. He is smart and really experienced for his age. His confidence and association with the The Fallen MC (grooming to be the next President of the MC club) makes him stand out and have us girls swooning over him. Cressida starts a lif
Michelle Claypot_Reads
Wow!!!! I would honestly give this book more stars if I could. I smiled a dopey smile the whole way through this book, a sure sign it's a fantastic read.

Recommended to me by one of my book babes I grabbed this book on Release Day and stayed up til almost 4am to finish this story. I could not turn the pages quickly enough. Talk about chemistry - the heat in this story just about melted my IPad.

King is EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING I want in a BBF. His confidence, his filthy mouth, his kindne
Vanessa (nessreads)
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review*

5 "My heart has not come down from its King high* Stars!!!!!

First and foremost, I love being introduced to new authors. And when I saw the teasers for this book I knew I had to get my grabby hands on it. There's just something about the feeling of exhilaration you get from experiencing a new authors words. Of how their writing just seeps into your skin. The way you breathe in the story and dread its ending. I can't tell you just how absolutel
London
Loooooved it. Yes, it had a bit of the Kristen Ashley style biker dialogue but I loved it. Loved the heroine and I devoured the book. I hope the heroes in the next books in the series are as faithful as the hero in this one. Please please don’t go downhill and have detailed sex with other women! I loved the hero in this book!
Leigh
Oh Boy did I dislike this book. After seeing this series every where and all the glowing reviews I went against my gut and decided to give it a try. First I have to say it's because I really want to read book 2 and I can't skip books ever, my brain won't let me lol. Anyway like many reviewers have stated the writing is a complete rip off of KA, which I would have been able to deal with since I do love her but I hated Cressida. There was nothing that I enjoyed about her character, she was judgeme ...more
Nicla
I loved Lessons in Corruption. It is definitely going on my favorite’s shelf. I really didn't think I would love it so much. I don't usually read student teacher romance or older heroine younger hero trope (although it didn't feel like they had a 9 year age gap). I had also read many reviews that there was a lot of push and pull from the heroine which I normally dislike but it worked in this story. It wasn't as much I was expecting and the hero never let her push him away. Speaking of heroes, Ki ...more
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4 'Bone of my bone' Stars!

It's been a while since I've read a MC romance and I've had Lessons in Corruption and The Fallen Men series by Giana Darling in my TBR list for a while. I've finally decided to give it a go and I have to say I really enjoyed reading how the Blond King / Biker Poet falls in love with his Iron Queen! I am a sucker for age-gap taboo romance and this one definitely did not disappoint. It was sexy AF, forbidden, darkish and emotional and I was all over it!

I mean, a young tea
C.L. Matthews
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ohf*ck!Ohf*ck!Ohf*ck!Ohf*ck!Ohf*ck!Ohf*ck!Ohf*ck!Ohf*ck!
Like, seriously. It took me sooooooooo long to even conjure the words I feel for this book.
Let's start off with, POPPA GARRRO. Yes, b*tches, I realize this book isn't about him. BUT he took me by my soul, I've had this feeling since he was introduced, that his book will be my favorite. Like, #heydaddy and all that jazz. Okay, now that I'm done physically drooling over a fictional character that screams DILF, let's get to the rest, yeah?
I re
Bre *B.B. Lynn Reads*
"Be the Iron Queen to my Fallen King."

I had this book on my tbr for a while and then some friends all decided to buddy read so I jumped in. And now I don't know why I waited so long!!! It has the age gap (which if you know me, know I LOOVEE), a cool biker club, and all the drama that goes along with it.

Cressida was a shy character at first, but it didn't take her very long to get her backbone. I love that she isn't your typical MC old lady and we got to see her grow into this strong and indepen
Jacqueline's Reads
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ku, 4-star-books, mc
4 MC – TEACHER / STUDENT ROMANCE Stars

I found Lessons in Corruption on one of those Goodreads lists. I thought, hmm… why not? This is a teacher / student book and get this, it’s an MC book AND… wait for it… he’s the student!

I didn’t know if I would like the Hero being younger, but it worked, only because he talks and acts like a twenty-something year old but I went with it.

One thing, I didn’t feel like the cover matched the guy, only because he has shoulder length hair, I know, I’m picky, but th
Myla
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lessons In Corruption was amazing from beginning to end! The forbidden affair between the teacher and student is so well written that you cannot afford to put it down for long. King and Cressida's story only proves how good of a storyteller this author is.

Cressida who's going through some trying times in her personal life; wherein she felt trapped was being with someone who doesn't appreciate her. She wants to break free from this kind of toxic relationship. And when she did, she started living
Auden Dar
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Six enthusiastic stars!

Oh.My.Gawd!

The chemistry between King and Cressida is off the charts, and I literally found myself so hot and bothered, I had to take a short break. After I devoured this gem, I immediately sent messages to friends recommending that they pick up one of the hottest student/teacher romances I have ever read. A day later, ALL have thanked me for introducing them to King.

It’s so difficult to write a review worthy of a book that blew me away. In addition to creating some of t
Meggie
💕🔥4 STARS 🔥💕

“A man without respect for the law is not a man without respect for anything. All that intensity, that devotion, is channeled toward other things, mostly their people; the brotherhood, family, their women. You can’t experience anything like it until you’ve had it.”

As some of you may know, MC books definitely aren't in my stack of favorites. I don’t know if it’s the overall attitude or what, but usually, I just can’t get into them. For me, the exception is the fantastic Madeline Sheeh
Arini
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
urghh *cringe* another one bites the dust.
i thought i could never dislike an mc book, but i was so obviously wrong.

insufferable characters

not in a conceited or cocky way, but in a “you are super annoying, i can’t stand you” way. i’m talking especially about cressida, the heroine. she was judgemental and far too naive for her age. i mean, i understand that she had been sheltered practically her whole life. but even with her new found freedom, there wasn’t much of a development in her character

• Credence
  • Bullseye: The Monsters Within Duet Book 1
  • Sweet Temptation
  • Your Dad Will Do (A Touch of Taboo #1)
  • Voyeur (Voyeur, #1)
  • Birthday Girl
  • Tell Me Pretty Lies
  • Liar (Voyeur, #5)
  • California Dreamin'
  • Medicine Man
  • Dreams of 18
  • Lovers (Voyeur, #2)
  • Bad Saint (All The Pretty Things #1)
  • The Free (The Wild, #2)
  • Angry God (All Saints High, #3)
  • Unconditional
  • All the Lies (Lies & Truths Duet, #1)
  • All the Truths (Lies & Truths Duet, #2)
Giana Darling is a Wall Street Journal, USA Today and Top 40 Amazon Best Selling Canadian romance writer who specializes in the taboo and angsty side of love and romance. She currently lives in beautiful British Columbia where she spends time riding on the back of her man’s bike, baking pies, and reading snuggled up with her cat Persephone.

She loves to hear from readers so please contact her at

The Fallen Men (6 books)
  • Welcome to the Dark Side (The Fallen Men, #2)
  • Fallen Son (The Fallen Men, #2.5)
  • Good Gone Bad (The Fallen Men, #3)
  • After the Fall (The Fallen Men, #4)
  • Inked in Lies (The Fallen Men, #5)