Start by marking “Lessons in Corruption (The Fallen Men, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lessons in Corruption (The Fallen Men, #1)

Lessons in Corruption (The Fallen Men #1)

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  1,221 Ratings  ·  389 Reviews
He was eighteen.
The heir to a notorious, criminal MC.
And my student.

There was no way I could get involved.
No way I could stay involved.
Then, no way I could get out alive.

Book One in The Fallen Men series. A standalone.
Paperback, 1st Edition, 378 pages
Published December 1st 2017

To ask other readers questions about Lessons in Corruption, please sign up.
Giana Darling Hey honey, it is! It is the first book in a series of standalone books about The Fallen MC <3
Tina
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Dirty Salvation by V. TheiaPreacher Man by V. TheiaAmerican Hellhound by Lauren GilleyRide Steady by Kristen AshleyFearless by Lauren Gilley
MC Romance with a HEA
65 books — 17 voters
Captive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsSeduced in the Dark by C.J. RobertsForbidden by Tabitha SuzumaConsequences by Aleatha RomigComfort Food by Kitty Thomas
Taboo Reads
1,198 books — 2,267 voters

More lists with this book...

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky, and B*tchy ⚓️ Steamy Reads
3.5 Stars

Hmm...Well, I enjoyed it.

But...

Hugely ripped-off style in the form of KA biker-speak and the chin lifts...
Hugely simplistic in a lot of ways...
Hugely forgettable in a lot of ways...?

Perhaps.

Regardless, a decent way to pass an evening and good enough for me to grab the second one. You know I can’t deny a 19-year age gap, people.

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK |

SO SO FORBIDDEN!

Stand-alone
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK |
Blurb:
He was eighteen.
The heir to a notorious, criminal MC.
And my student.
There was no way I could get involved.
No way I could stay involved.
Then, no way I could get out alive.

Books in The Fallen Men series are stand-alones:
Book 1: Lessons in Corruption
Book 2: Welcome to the Dark Side
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
description

description

NOTE: This coming year I have set a challenge for myself of reading one book a week that takes me out of my comfort zone. A book that may include one (or more) tropes (scenarios) that I avoid like the plague. Cheating. Older women/younger man. OW drama. Just to name a few. Nothing is off limits. I am taking a HUGE step out of the box I usually live in and charting a course into the unknown (HaHa). My reviews for these books will differ slightly from my usual as I will focus more on whether the a
Giana Darling
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I mean, how could I not give my own book 5 stars? lol

Lessons In Corruption is LIVE! Make sure you check out Giana Darling on Facebook for a chance to win a signed copy and join in the release party extravaganzas taking place today <3

I hope you all enjoy King and Cressida as much as I did!
DW
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fallen-men
I should be ashamed crushing on an 18 year old but Surprisingly I have feel no shame!!

King is 🔥🔥🔥🔥
R. Scarlett
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Giana Darling blew me away with this forbidden tale between a teacher and a student. But he's not just any student.

As soon as I saw the blurb for this book, I knew in my gut I would love it and devour it. It was so unique and hot and romantic. I couldn't stop reading! Giana's prose is so elegant and detailed.

I seriously can't wait to read more of her work and especially get to know Daddy Zeus more in her next book!
Melanie A.
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 STARS!!
King was my apple, my Satan, my ultimate fall from grace.
WAIT!

Before I start this review, I just want to say that I think we should form a new group here on GR . . . I'm thinking we should call it King Kyle Garro Annonymous or maybe The Pervy Woman's Support Group . Our introductions could go something like 'Hello, my name is Melanie. I'm 45 years old and I'm in lust with 18 year-old King Kyle Garro.'

LOL. . .but seriously, you guys, there is nary a straight woman alive who w
Tpagirl
Lessons in Corruption was Giana Darling’s first book in the Fallen Men series. It was also my first book by the author and I can’t wait to continue in the series.

King Kyle Garro was born and raised in the Fallen Men MC. His grandfather founded the MC, his father was the current president, and King was groomed to be King one day. Until then, he was currently a seventeen/eighteen year old senior in high school. He was smart, beautiful and liked by everyone.

Cressida Irons was a high school English
Serena
5 I WANT TO BE HIS QUEEN STARS!

GRITTY. PROVOCATIVE. AMAZING. STUNNING. SEXY. HEART STOPPING. INTRIGUING. SUSPENSEFUL. BEAUTIFUL. These are just a FEW of the words I would use to describe Lessons in Corruption. I cannot believe I have not read this author's work before. WHERE THE HELL have I been?

You guys. You NEED to read this book. You HAVE to meet King. HAVE. TO. Your life will never be the same. I'm telling you, I do not normally read MC books. But my friend messaged me and said "Serena. I FO
Claypot_Reads -  Michelle
Wow!!!! I would honestly give this book more stars if I could. I smiled a dopey smile the whole way through this book, a sure sign it's a fantastic read.

Recommended to me by one of my book babes I grabbed this book on Release Day and stayed up til almost 4am to finish this story. I could not turn the pages quickly enough. Talk about chemistry - the heat in this story just about melted my IPad.

King is EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING I want in a BBF. His confidence, his filthy mouth, his kindne
Rea
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
I was excited to delve into my first book by Giana Darling, having heard nothing but great things! I'm not a blurb or review reader, so I went in relatively blind. I have some good points and some challenges to share with you on my experience in reading Lessons In Corruption. First the good!

-I can see where people are immediately drawn into the story! From the first few pages, the description of King is awe inspiring. You'll feel like you are in the parking lot with Cressida, losing your breathe
Vanessa (nessreads)
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review*

5 "My heart has not come down from its King high* Stars!!!!!

First and foremost, I love being introduced to new authors. And when I saw the teasers for this book I knew I had to get my grabby hands on it. There's just something about the feeling of exhilaration you get from experiencing a new authors words. Of how their writing just seeps into your skin. The way you breathe in the story and dread its ending. I can't tell you just how absolutel
London
Loooooved it. Yes, it had a bit of the Kristen Ashley style biker dialogue but I loved it. Loved the heroine and I devoured the book. I hope the heroes in the next books in the series are as faithful as the hero in this one. Please please don’t go downhill and have detailed sex with other women! I loved the hero in this book!
Jacqueline's Reads
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-star-books, mc, ku
4 MC – TEACHER / STUDENT ROMANCE Stars

I found Lessons in Corruption on one of those Goodreads lists. I thought, hmm… why not? This is a teacher / student book and get this, it’s an MC book AND… wait for it… he’s the student!

I didn’t know if I would like the Hero being younger, but it worked, only because he talks and acts like a twenty-something year old but I went with it.

One thing, I didn’t feel like the cover matched the guy, only because he has shoulder length hair, I know, I’m picky, but th
Auden Dar
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Six enthusiastic stars!

Oh.My.Gawd!

The chemistry between King and Cressida is off the charts, and I literally found myself so hot and bothered, I had to take a short break. After I devoured this gem, I immediately sent messages to friends recommending that they pick up one of the hottest student/teacher romances I have ever read. A day later, ALL have thanked me for introducing them to King.

It’s so difficult to write a review worthy of a book that blew me away. In addition to creating some of t
Leigh
Oh Boy did I dislike this book. After seeing this series every where and all the glowing reviews I went against my gut and decided to give it a try. First I have to say it's because I really want to read book 2 and I can't skip books ever, my brain won't let me lol. Anyway like many reviewers have stated the writing is a complete rip off of KA, which I would have been able to deal with since I do love her but I hated Cressida. There was nothing that I enjoyed about her character, she was judgeme ...more
Addicted to Books
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
2 Stars

I guess I expected a lot more with the raving reviews. I have read so many romances and my standards keep getting higher higher. For me high quality romances score really well with me and unfortunately this book was no where near high quality.

But it is a fairly good attempt at a romance as the author got a few elements right but a lot of others quite wrong that it ruined the reading experience for me. The first 5 chapters were fine and it went downhill from there.

Lately I come across a
Karlie (cozyreadsandtea)
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
*3.5 stars ✨
Jessica
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's no secret that I love a good motorcycle romance, so when one of my instagram friends recommended this series to me, I went to amazon and immediately downloaded it from KU.

After finally leaving her husband, Cress finds herself living for herself for the first time. And that means starting a fling with a hot biker she met at the grocery store. Cress is finally giving into the desires she's hidden deep inside of herself, even though her parents are determined to make her see the error in her
C.L. Matthews
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ohf*ck!Ohf*ck!Ohf*ck!Ohf*ck!Ohf*ck!Ohf*ck!Ohf*ck!Ohf*ck!
Like, seriously. It took me sooooooooo long to even conjure the words I feel for this book.
Let's start off with, POPPA GARRRO. Yes, b*tches, I realize this book isn't about him. BUT he took me by my soul, I've had this feeling since he was introduced, that his book will be my favorite. Like, #heydaddy and all that jazz. Okay, now that I'm done physically drooling over a fictional character that screams DILF, let's get to the rest, yeah?
I re
Tijuana *BookTwinsReviews*
Another great read from a new to me author!

King and Cressida shocked and surprised me in the very best of ways. There was so much I enjoyed about the story! The plot, the secondary character, and obviously the forbidden nature of the book. I loved that the heroine was older in this one.

I had some ticky little issues with the writing and execution, but the storyline had me completely captivated, so ultimately they didn't play a major role in my view of the book. Had those issues not existed, th
Amy Stephens
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Giana Darling, where have you been all my life? Why is this the first book I've ever read of yours?

The blurb may be somewhat vague, but let me tell you, you're not going to put this story down once you start it. The feelings you're going to get from these words are almost indescribable. And the cover is absolutely perfect for King! The author described him beautifully and I could totally get why Cress noticed him so easily from across the parking lot.

This story just oozes with sexiness. King mig
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
The forbidden is the trope to be right now, there's something about that Apple that keeps getting juicier and juicier.
Cressida Jones is a teacher and a recent divorcee. She's trying to live her life in small town and teaching English in a private high school. One of her students is biker protegée -King Kyle Garro, son of the Prez Zeus Garro, of Fallen Angels MC . Hes all of 18, full of sexy swagger and cocky grin and he's fallen hard for Cress.
I loved the settung but had trouble digesting some u
Fiona Cole
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
King is sooo sexy!! He makes the book!
Janja
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow..
Not once throughout the story I didn't think that King had actually been 18 years old .... with his self-confidence, charisma and determination he convinced not only Cressida, but also myself!
Great story!
Sonal
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
HOLY MOTHER OF ALL THAT IS HOT!!!!!!!!!

Cressida is done with her life controlled by her husband. She decides to start all over again with a crappy house, a new job and a positive attitude. With a new zeal to turn her life around, she feels better about her life for the first time ever. Then she meets King Garro and her entire universe starts spinning on its axis. She didn't anticipate the raw attraction that she feels for him. She can't believe the feelings he inspires. Too bad he's her student.
Ann
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Not my usual trope, but my curiosity was rewarded. Giana Darling's Evolution of Sin Series stirred all the feels- and while this isn't my usual genre, I couldn't wait to devour Lessons In Corruption. Darling's writing is smart, sexy and everything I crave- exactly like King Kyle Garro. Cressida's fall from grace into King's dark temptation is about finding who you really are. And I find myself hopelessly in love with this book.
Alyssa
4 Stars

Damn. Kudos to this author. First, let me say this - I've read just about every popular (and even more lessor known) motorcycle club romances, and I'm always on the hunt for more. I'm glad to say I've found it.

Even more kudos to this author because she sticks to the taboo. And I have no technical hard limits in reading, but there are a few things that like 99% of the time, I'm going to pass on. Two of those happen to be: high school teacher/student AND older heroine/younger hero. Well bo
Dee's Books
I was really hesitant about reading this story due of the age difference of H/h and the sometimes taboo: teacher/student trope but really it had a great storyline!

"Lessons in Corruption (The Fallen Men)" was a memorable fast-paced story about a 18 year old hero/student and poet named King and a much older heroine/teacher, Cressida. King is the next in line to become the President of his MC and he finds an unlikely love with none other than his sheltered, divorced teacher. Remember now that King
V&#x1f49c;Greedy~Thirst~For~Forbidden&#x1f5a4;
I read this book because I saw it came before the one I originally set out to read, Zeus story that is, anyway my OCD demanded that I read this one first, yes I know they’re both stand alone but try to explain that to the monsters living inside my head...

I have to say I didn’t mind meeting hotter than thou King. I enjoyed the setting and, as an English literature appassionata, I also enjoyed the numerous references to Milton and the others accompanying them.
So this is a taboo story between a te
Giana Darling is a Canadian romance writer who specializes in the taboo and angsty side of love and romance. She currently travels Europe with her best friend, an overstuffed suitcase and a mission to eat and drink as much French, Italian and Greek food as possible. While lounging on white beaches, drinking sangria on patios and sleeping in villas, she is hard at work on Cosima Lombardi’s dark rom ...more
More about Giana Darling

The Fallen Men (3 books)
  • Welcome to the Dark Side (The Fallen Men, #2)
  • Good Gone Bad (The Fallen Men, #3)
“Grown women don’t get on their knees for boys, do they Cressida? So, you have a choice. You can tell me to get out or you can get on your knees for me now and I’ll show you how a real man treats his woman, starting by letting you worship my d#$k with that beautiful mouth of yours like I know you’re aching to.” 1 likes