Start by marking “In Her Court (Camp Firefly Falls #18)” as Want to Read:
In Her Court (Camp Firefly Falls #18)

In Her Court

(Camp Firefly Falls #18)

Newly minted professor Evangeline “Van” Thompson’s academic dreams have turned into nightmares. She can’t wait to escape the pressure cooker of the university to spend the summer at Camp Firefly Falls with her bestie, Nate.

Unfortunately, Nate breaks his leg halfway through the season, and his little sister Willa fills in for him as resident tennis instructor. Van has fond
Published September 29th 2017

To ask other readers questions about In Her Court, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Her Court

Tara
In Her Court was a happy surprise for me. It’s very reasonably priced, it’s adorable, and it’s truly one of the most fun books I read last year. This is the first lesbian romance that Tamsen Parker has released and I hope she writes many, many more!

Full review: http://www.thelesbianreview.com/court...
Farah
Okay guys and gals, how many of you have read books on younger sister crushing big time on her brother's BFF? Hmm just what I thought, too many.
Now, how many of you have read the same genre but his time, the bff is not a six/eight/ten packs male but a female with serious addiction towards junk food, Star Wars, Ghost Busters and Wonder Woman+ a college professor+slightly eccentric.
Now to the other heroine, although she is younger then her crush, she has a good mind, strong willed ,loves caves ex
Jackie
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rnff
See full review at http://romancenovelsforfeminists.blog...

ARC supplied by author
Meags
Sep 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: didnt-finish
TL;DR: CUTE STORY FOR SOMEONE BUT NOT FOR ME

***

THE STORY:
I feel really guilty about the fact that I could not force myself to finish this book. Especially since I've made it through some real train wrecks, and this one is not even that bad.

The story is about Van, a newly minted college professor who hates her job, and Willa, current graduate student and tennis wunderkind, who used to hang out occasionally because Willa's older brother and Van are best friends, and have been for ages. Willa's bro
Em
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
That was a whole lot of fun.
Briar's Reviews
In Her Court by Tamsen Parker is a goofy, geeky read filled with

Tamsen Parker is not one to stick to the same plot over and over in every read, and that's what makes this book so unique compared to the others. This time around, Tamsen has explored an F/F relation (or two females if you didn't understand the acronym). Two girls at a camp fulfill a beautiful romance, in short.

These girls (Van and Willa) have character - one of them is getting a PhD, they are working at a tennis camp, and they ar
Trader (RedHotBlueReads)
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
PhD candidate Willa is dealing with the disappointment of a canceled research trip when she's called to help our her brother Nate. Nate had a job as tennis coach at a summer camp when he ends up with a broken leg. He asks Willa to step in for him, and bonus, she can just take his bed.

Nate is sharing a cabin with his best friend, Van. (Van is short for Evangeline. I must admit I tripped over this name every single time -- for some reason, my brain just didn't associate Van with a female, which I'
Natalie
Sep 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Rating 3.5

brother's best friend trope f/f yes! i liked Willa and Van together. Sexy times were steamy. Their internal conflict felt real to me. They were both clearly differently about the relationship and I'm glad that Willa realized in that end that she really jumped the gun on talking to her brother about her and Van before even speaking to Van! The entire time i was like giiirl no whut are you doing but of course no one's perfect. we get excited about possible new relationship and want to te
Chasia Lloyd
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The brother's best friend trope is always fun in romance, but it's somehow even funner in f/f romance. Cave-enthusiast Willa has had the hots for her brother's geeky best friend for forever. Van's been annoyed with her best friend's little sister for forever... Until said little sister shows up to help at Camp Firefly Falls and Van realizes Willa grew up into a smoking hot babe.

The book is very, very steamy with lots of geeky sex. We're talking cosplay sex, references to Star Wars and Ghostbuste
Shelby
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't know where Tamsen Parker got a list of everything my "type" comprises--switchy, butchy sci-fi nerd with a mild hair-petting kink and a passion for good cosplay--but man, did she hit the nail on the head with this one. I love Van, and and I love how much she and Willa love each other. Additional props for positive bi rep from Willa!

I love that there was all the personal history of the typical "my brother's best friend" trope here and none of the older-brother possessiveness. I like Nate e
A super sweet summer romance~

There are several things I absolutely adored about this book, not least being the explicit communication during intimate moments. Van and Willa do have issues communicating outside the bedroom and being on the same page, but I loved seeing them talk through their comforts and what gets them off.

I also absolutely adored Van’s friendship with Nate and his relationship with Willa. There was so much obvious love between all three of them and it felt very Found Family wit
Elena Johansen
For someone who loves nearly everything she's read of Tamsen Parker, I was disappointed by this one. It's good, but it's not what I would have expected at all.

Even if I'm glad to see more FF romance, which is thin on the ground, Van and Willa never convinced me their relationship was much more than lust. They were definitely both into each other physically, but their major emotional conflict--going into/being a part of academia--was so intense and personal compared to how well they actually knew
Shelley
Nov 20, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5. Van is working tech for an adult summer camp to spend more time with her bff who is teaching tennis, but he breaks his leg, his little sister Willa subs in for him, and Willa is way more crushworthy than Van remembered. Romance ensues. Van is the awkward type of fangirl, but I appreciated her vast collection of fandom things--especially her Holtzmann autograph. Willa was really great--star tennis player working on her phd in geology. I almost think Van didn't deserve Willa, but they got the ...more
Adriana Martinez Figueroa
The_Book_Queen
4 1/2 Stars!

A cute, sexy read. I truly enjoyed these two nerdy girls falling for each other.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

I will be talking about the book on my next Whatcha Reading? podcast which is now up on TBQ's Book Palace.

If you wish to look at some quotes/thoughts I highlighted, please check out my Twitter feed
Anne Crow
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: queer, romance
Sweet, fun, easy. Liked all the geeking out over sci-fi and 80s movies, enjoyed both Van and Willa, both so smart and driven. Willa younger but more self-aware, Van wanting to change but not knowing how, and Nate as the anchor to both the story and to them both (and a good comic relief as well). And the writing itself light and easy and fun.
Tammy
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really liked this f/f read. Van and Willa have great chemistry and the story held my interest throughout. This is a sweet read and not a whole lot of drama or suspense. Van and Willa are great characters, I liked their geeky side. A good read.
Roy Vestal
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Unexpected plot

I was quite surprised that the writer included this story within this series. The story's two main characters are significantly different from those in prior books in this series.
Kirstie Ibrahim
Mar 07, 2018 rated it liked it
A quick "so so" read
Kim
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book very much. The main characters were fun, the sci-fi/80s references were cool, and the steam was at just the right level. I will be looking for more lesfic by Ms. Parker.
Angel Graham
Nov 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Good read, but have To say, never felt the love connection, but a lot of lust.
Fleppy85
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great summer love romance.
Darcie
Dec 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Cute fun story

This is the first book I have read by this author. It was fun and sweet; both Van and Willa are likable.
Eleanor (The Book Hammock)
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Evangeline (Van) and Nate are best friends and have been forever, and were excited to work together at a summer camp. Especially as for Van, it would be a much needed break from her boring academic career. But Nate broke his leg and now Willa, his little sister takes over his job as tennis coach in Camp Firefly Falls.

Van has known Willa just as long as she does Nate, but Willa used to be the tagalong little sister. She’s known Willa always found her fascinating, but she (as I would’ve) always th
Cheri Ritz
Weed
rated it it was ok
Dec 10, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Tamsen Parker is a stay-at-home mom by day, erotic romance writer by naptime. She lives with her family outside of Boston, where she tweets too much, sleeps too little and is always in the middle of a book. Aside from good food, sweet rieslings and gin cocktails, she has a fondness for monograms and subway maps. She should really start drinking coffee.

You can sign up for her newsletter here to fin

Camp Firefly Falls (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Winning Back His Wife (Camp Firefly Falls, #1)
  • His Counterfeit Campfire Bride (Camp Firefly Falls, #2)
  • Crushing on Cooper (Camp Firefly Falls, #3)
  • Skinny Dipping Dare (Camp Firefly Falls, #4)
  • Time of His Life (Camp Firefly Falls, #5)
  • Mr. Right Next Door (Camp Firefly Falls, #6)
  • One Last Fling (Camp Firefly Falls, #7)
  • His Runaway Campfire Princess (Camp Firefly Falls, #8)
  • Second Chance Summer (Camp Firefly Falls, #9)
  • Falling For the Best Man (Camp Firefly Falls, #10)