Start by marking “Hear Me Roar (The Bloodshed Duet, Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Hear Me Roar (The Bloodshed Duet, Book 2)

Hear Me Roar

(Bloodshed #2)

4.73  ·  Rating details ·  55 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
With strength comes dependence.

I thought I had it all.
The Title. The Pro status. The man.
I thought I’d finally left the past where it belonged, thought the future would be nothing but a bright ray of light with Knox by my side.
I was wrong.
In seeking answers, I opened the doorway to a terrifying, psychotic ride no one was prepared for. And through that very door, the past -
Published October 12th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Hear Me Roar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hear Me Roar

♛ Mademoiselle Smut ♛
3 Roaring Stars!

He's mine.
Back. The. Fuck. Off.

Hazel and Knox are back. More badass. Stronger. Hotter.

They both stole my heart in book one; I am Lioness. While reading this book, I fell in love with Knox and Hazel all over again, they were stronger, hotter and just so fierce!
Hazel, the fiercest heroine, badass in every way, she was just awesome. And Knox, that Alpha man! I love these two and loved how real their relationship was. They fight through their issues, issues every relationship h
♚Julia ~ The Romance Rebels ♚
4 Knoxlicious Stars

"...I'm all yours."
"All of you?"
"Every last piece,"

Knox, a man who and breathes for the cage. He's a king in the ring, and a god in the sheets. Hear Me Roar is the sequel to I Am Lioness, and it was everything I was hoping for and more. Knox and Hazel's love story was beautiful to read, from start to finish.

Do you like bad ass heroines? ✓
A hot alpha male who can make your panties wet with just a smirk? ✓
Sex scenes that make you need a fan? ✓
Drama that leaves you on pins
Kylee
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting for this book and finally after having it in my hot little hands this book did not disappoint. Hazel and Knox already had hold of my heart from book 1 in "I am Lioness" but nothing prepared me for how much these two would rip open my heart to a barrage of emotions. The title of this book is Hear Me Roar and believe me you will definitely hear both of these characters as they fight for each other. I am an absolute lover of romance books and this one is the epitome of just that ...more
Laurel Nilsen
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is part 2 in the Bloodshed Duet. We were introduced to Hazel and Knox in I Am Lioness where we fell in love with these two. In Hear Me Roar, Hazel’s inner demons come to the surface as she starts to have doubts about Knox’s commitment and love for her. With an ex helping these insecurities climb to the surface and Knox’s busy schedule keeping him from seeing the doubts seeping into her mind Hazel starts to feel alone. This conclusion in the duet will put their love to the test and show us t ...more
Amber- Leave Me Alone I'm Reading
description

I loved I am Lioness and I was super pumped to be reunited with Knox and Hazel. They're trying to get on with their happily ever after but life gets in the way, in the form of Hazel's "sister." I loved Maya and honestly would like to have seen a separate book for her, although maybe that's in the works?! I'd totally read a book on Luis, too. Just saying. 😉
I enjoyed Hear Me Roar very much. It is sexy, suspenseful, exciting, and nerve wracking sometimes, too.
If you like fighter romance with a kic
Michelle
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Arc provided by author for honest review. It's no secret how much I missed Knox and Hazel. I mean come on ladies it's Knox Carr I swear this man is freaken God. He's the king of the ring. A beast in the sheets. And prince of boyfriend. Hazel is truly his perfect match they were made for each other. This book is action filled. DEE you completely hit a home run! Truly amazing 5 star read! So proud of you Dee!
Gypsy Soul Korina
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hear Me Roar was not what I expected...it was so much more. Knox and Hazel's journey captured hearts in I Am Lioness and this time around, she captures our souls.
In Hear Me Roar, we continue their journey while they reveal the insecurities and angst that their relationship encounters from internal and external avenues. We follow them growing individually as well as together.
This story is full of emotion, growth, trials, new beginnings, and endings - both unhappy and happy.

Some of my favorite
Karen Sedgman
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved l Am Lioness so much that l was hanging out for Hear Me Roar! And what a fantastic conclusion to The Bloodshed Duet!! Awesome story yet again with Hazel & Knox just love these two together! We had some edge of your seat drama, then we got that ending loved it! Awesome work Dee!
Dirty South Books
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Knox and Hazel are definitely book royalty! These two have chemistry that’s off the charts. Hear me Roar, is such a great continuance after reading, I am Lioness. Hazel is a pretty kick a$$ chick! If you, yes, you, don’t know about Dee Garcia- then get to know her style of writing and her love-able characters! READ HER BOOKS!!!!
Ri
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE reading. Live for it actually. I love it so much that I pursued and finally obtained a degree in Literature. I admire the people that write. God knows, I cannot write fiction to save my life. If it isn't an academic article or creative nonfiction then I do not stand a chance. Yet, that doesn't stop me from devouring fiction. One of my favorite things about reading is discovering new authors.

Dee Garcia is one of those authors. I want the world to discover her too. She has a gift in the wa
Tyi
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Where do I start? This book had me at the moment you said chapter one. I truly thought I knew where the storyline was headed... I had no idea and I loved every minute of it. I had questions that popped up in my head along with wtf moments. The first question, which popped into my head, was what did Bernie's long lost daughter want with Hazel? I had the same bad feelings as Knox. Nothing good could come from Hazel's interaction with Maya. And just like Knox, I tried to keep an open mind about May ...more
Cinthia
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yet again Dee Garcia has completely blown me away with this mesmerizing and highly entertaining love story. This author never seizes to amaze me with her impeccable storyline and captivating cast of characters. She definitely didn't disappoint with this follow up to I am Lioness. The epic conclusion of Hazel and Knox's story had me hooked from the first page to the last. I was glued to this story from the very beginning that I couldn't help in devouring each word!
Hear Me Roar is unlike any book
Danielle R (Spellbound Stories)
Hear Me Roar is the sequel to I Am Lioness by the amazing Dee Garcia. The story picks up where I am Lioness ends and is told under multiple POV's. Hazel Perry, the fierce MMA champion known as the Lioness, has now gone Pro and lives with her boyfriend Knox Carr. Yet, unfinished business between her late manager's estate brings a deadly foe into Hazel and Knox's fairy tale. This book could be read as a standalone but to truly appreciate the characters, I highlight recommend reading the two books ...more
Rebecca Austin
Shelves: review-author
Hazel Perry is known as The Lioness. A MMA fighter who just went professional after her last victory. Beside her is her boyfriend and coach, Knox Carr, who is prepping her for her new career.

After the death of her former coach Bernie Gutierrez, Knox's sister, Karley, reaches out to Bernie's daughter, Maya Petrova to let her know of his death. Maya has her own issues going on with her abusive husband, Dimitri Petrova whom she married when she was 18.

When Maya escapes from Dimitri and goes to Haz
Mia
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Where do I start? This author, THIS FREAKING AUTHOR, my bestie, my frickin all!!!!! Did it AGAIN!

I’ll start with Hazel, dear, crazy in the best way possible and lovable as hell, Hazel, is as fiesty as ever. We see so much more of her than just the fighter, we see a range of emotions which every single person can relate too. No whiny b*tch here, I love her!

Then we have Knox motherf*cking Carr, ummmmm as sexy as ever, my ovaries are shot to pieces with how damn sexy he is, I swooned my lady bits
Kelly Green
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Welcome back to the world of Knox and Hazel. When we left these two they were moving in together. Hazel was still mourning the loss of her coach, and stand in father. She also had to look into where his daughter, Maya, was so that his will could be delivered to her…..
In enters Maya. She left her father many years ago to be with a man that he did not like. Dimitri was 15 years older than her and her father did not approve of the relationship. Maya chose Dimitri over her father. It was not too lon
Ingridshenie
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a sweet and sexy read!!

Knox and Hazel were amazing in the second installment of The Bloodshed Series.

This time around Hazel had Knox right at her side as her coach/boyfriend. The two could not be any sweeter together and the hotness level was high!!!
Knox was the perfect boyfriend
"My knight in steel and inked armor"
"sighing" and "swooning"

Everything seemed to be coming together for Hazel and Knox.
Well until...

They received news from Bernie's daughter Maya. Bernie was Hazel's previous coach
Lillian
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hear Me Roar is the second book in the Bloodshed Duet by Dee Garcia. The first book is I Am Lioness, which was previously reviewed.
Hear Me Roar follows the story of Knox and Hazel, and their whirlwind romance. After Pop’s tragic death in the first book, Hazel feels obligated to find his estranged daughter, to tell her about her father’s heart attack and her inheritance. Maya has been trapped in an abusive marriage, so, as sad as she is about her father, she sees this as her opportunity to escape
A Woman
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hear Me Roar, book 2 in the Bloodshed Duet by Dee Garcia. I liked it!! But I love, love Knox! It was well written, a fast paced story. I thought it was minimal fighting in this one, which kinda sucked. Yeah, Hazel is still badass..but something was missing..

Hear Me Roar, continues a couple of months later, from where we left in I Am Lioness. Hazel and Knox happily living together. Hazel is going pro. And Knox has his hands full with clients. And he gets a new client he can't say no to!

We get to
Tricia Ann
ARC provided for an honest review.

I can’t even tell you how much I longed for this book. I waited patiently for Dee to get back around to finishing this series, It really was one of the only books I hoped to be reading this year. Let me start by saying I loved I Am Lioness to death. Fighter romance isn't something I read normally but I fell in love with both of them and the story behind their love.

Hear Me Roar didn't quite pack the punch ( no pun intended) that the first book did for me and it
Natasha Black
Well here we go...

This book was so much more than I could have imagined. It wasn't just about Hazel going to the pros, but you got to feel what she felt while getting there. The insecurities we all feel going into such huge opportunity and the pressure, we get to see that even the toughest people have doubts.

The introduction of other characters is weaved in so seamlessly that you feel they have always been apart of the story. adding that element of family was so perfectly written that it makes
Virginie Plawecki-Illescas
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hear Me Roar, book 2 in the Bloodshed Duet by Dee Garcia is my second read from the author and the continuation of I Am Lioness. In order to enjoy this book make sure to read book 1.

The author, once again does an amazing job at taking you, the reader, into the life of Hazel and Knox. Will they get their happily ever after? Will life get in the way? That's for you to find out!!! All I can say is that you will get some closure ;)

What are you waiting for? Grab your copy now and take the leap into
Katie Kearney
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book has been one that I've anxiously been waiting for and in no way did it disappoint. Hazel is back in all her kick butt glory with Knox right by her side. Every single page has you on the edge of your seat. The relationship between Hazel and Knox is one of not only love but respect. When the going gets tough these two get tougher. Everyone needs a Knox in their lives with his unwavering love he has. Everyone needs a little Hazel in themselves she's tough and protective but even she can h ...more
C.C. Ann
Shelves: favorites
I was so excited when I received an ARC copy of Hear Me Roar. I quickly became a fan of Dee after reading X-394. I downloaded I am Lioness and requested to be on her Beta reader list as soon as there was an opportunity. Hazel and Knox are a hot and feisty couple. Their chemistry is amazing and you can tell that Dee put the time into developing these characters. And not just Hazel and Knox but all the characters. I can always feel the bond between the two of them. They love hard and fight hard, b ...more
Shatire
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finally Here!

Knox and Hazel are both starting new chapters in their lives. Knox's training career is taking off, and he's coaching Hazel. Hazel is going pro, but is having trouble adjusting. The stresses from home are affecting her in the ring, and it's putting her pro career on a rocky start. Bernie's daughter is back and needs Hazel's help, plus Knox has an ex that won't take a hint. Hazel is stressed and feeling insecure, which is not only affecting her in the cage, but her relationship with
Julie's Book Land Reviews
Shelves: 2017-arcs
This is not just book 2 of the bloodshed duet but the second book I've read by this crazy talented author. I will say it had me hooked from the very beginning and kept my attention to the very end. A secondary character pissed me off (if you read this you know who I'm talking about) to the point where I wanted to scratch her eyes out. So other than that I love how strong Knox and Hazel's relationship is and how they love each other to the moon and back. If you want some action then read this boo ...more
Cynthia Carpenter
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about this book. it starts where the other left off. Hazel and Knox still have a hard core passion they have had. When Hazel tries to get the terms of Berines will finalized she never expected to Maya to need help.
Maya is in a trouble with her husband being a total butt and abusive. she turns to Hazel and Knox for help. when things play out and Maya is with them. Things go from bad to worse. and Knox's ex doesn't help anything.
When everything comes to head will they be able to sta
MellysBooks
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book did not disappoint! Loved it!

Hazel and Knox are couple goals.
Before reading this story you need to read I Am Lioness since Hear Me Roar is Book 2 in the Duet.
In this story Hazel and Knox need to fight for each other, for attention, for their love can they conquer all odds?
Hazel has such a huge heart she worries about everyone and their well-being before her own. Throughout this book you’ll see a lot of her selflessness come out. And a time or two her career pays the price.

All they
Brandi Aga
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Moment of silence for that beautiful cover! And then Knox and Hazel... OMG!

Dee Garcia is such an inspiring author. She writes beautiful strong females. Of course, writers write the alphas and the hardened bad boys all the time but the ladies that belong to those men aren't always easy to like. Never have that problem with Dee. Her women are my fav.

Hazel is strong. Literally. She's an MMA fighter. How hot is that?
Read I am Lioness. Get to know Hazel and Knox. Then read Hear Me Roar and tell me
TanaReads
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I fell in love with Hazel & Knox in I am Lioness. I love the way the author showed the progression of their love, what happens when the spotlight starts to fade and the lengths they will go to for the ones they love. Due the the time between books I found myself going back to I am Lioness for reference (Not that I mind) . I love that we get to hear about Maya and learn more about Manny Luis and Reyna. The Lioness is even more fierce in Hear Me Roar and Knox is ready to claim his queen forev ...more

Dee Garcia is a voracious fan of romance novels and a long time lover of the written word. Her mission is to craft unique, compelling stories that will give her readers a place to briefly escape the trials and tribulations of everyday reality. With headstrong heroine's who don't need a man to stand on their own two feet, Dee hopes to leave her mark in the Indie world, one plot twist at a time.

Bloodshed (2 books)
  • I Am Lioness (The Bloodshed Duet, Book 1)