Start by marking “Written on His Skin” as Want to Read:
Written on His Skin

Written on His Skin

Letters are magic, don't you think?
You could be anyone. I could be anyone.
And then, suddenly, we're more than anyone.
We're someone...

When Abigail Trent agreed to write a letter to a soldier deployed overseas, she expected it to be a fleeting exchange. A friendly back-and-forth that ended barely after it began. She didn't expect Theodore LaRoux.

It isn't strange that
Published July 6th 2017 by Pronoun

To ask other readers questions about Written on His Skin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Written on His Skin

Start your review of Written on His Skin
Isabella.R
5 Bébé Stars ⭐

I have read 'Written On His Skin' countless times, yet this story never fails to captivate me. I swear there is magic in these words and of course there is the gorgeous hunk of a man Sergeant Theodore LaRoux who will melt your heart and your panties...

A love affair written in letters. This is a must read for die-hard romantics that enjoy a good romance with a side of dirty.

"I could tell you all my secrets.

I should also tell you that Im not terribly fascinating.

Sorry. Im just
Alex ♈
Jul 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: safe, hero-i-liked

Very good for the debut novel.

Likable characters, safe, sexy.

Thanks God the hero wasnt a "player" and the heroine wasnt a virgin!

I only wish she were more self-confident. I know, I know we, women, tend not to like and accept ourselves as we are. We have doubts, we are not perfect.

Believe me, it took me many years, but I finally reached the point when I HONESTLY say:
Yeah, Im not a model, but Im damn hot, beautiful, smart and sexy! I freaking love myself!

Well, what I actually wanted to
Carvanz
This cannot be a debut book! What an incredible little gem this was. There were so many feels from the very first word until the last as Ms. Stark places her readers into the very heart of her characters.

description

I fell in love with Roux the minute he saw that letter on his cot and wouldve tossed it away but chose instead to open it. His reactions both physically and emotionally to each letter or package that was delivered only increased my connection to him. Hes a hardened warrior who has been alone
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3.5 "Magic Peen Gave Me Self-Esteem" Stars***

I have to say that this book hooked me from the get-go.

First off, that blurb? YES PLEASE! I love books with some sort of long-distance communication. Letters, emails, texts, anything....I LOVE IT!

And this book delivered right from the beginning. An honest letter from Abby to Roux set the stage perfectly.

"You could be anyone. I could be anyone. And suddenly, we're more than anyone. We're someone. To each other. Letters are magic that way, don't
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Mindy Lou's Book Review by: Carvanz
Thank you, Carla for recommending this book. This is the kind of books I search for in a novella but rarely find. It was maturely written, had a strong alpha, insta-love and just a really good storyline that had me re-reading certain lines in the book because it was just that good. Loved it!
♡Tonya♡
So close to 5 stars. ...

This is a correspondence love story done right! It was so sweet. The build up to their meeting was perfect. Sexual tension and flirting. I loved that there was no cheating or ow/om drama whatsoever. It was true romance which doesn't need all of that nonsense.
The heroine pushed away for a short bit but she was so miserable without him. Roux was perfection. His Cajun dialect and dirty mouth was the stuff of dream heroes!
So, what kept it from being 5 stars for me? Well,
Duchess Nicole
4.5 Stars
Whoa, this was hot, hot, hot! I got this rec from Sarah McLean in her Old School Romance Book Club group on FB. While this is def not old school, it was one hell of a read. Fairly short, wildly romantic, and smoking hot, it starts out with letters from a deployed Green Beret to his lady pen pal of sorts. And it ends with some explosive chemistry. Definitely a goodie.
Chitra *CJ*
Jul 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: safety-first
If someone literally entered my brain and wrote a book about half of my fantasies, "Written on his Skin" would be how it goes. It is the story of Abby and Roux.
-A hot military hero
-A curvy, shy heroine
-Pets called Darcy and Bennet (which are my dream names from future pets)
-A pen pal romance
-Insta love
-Dirty talk
-Sweet, devoted hero
-Mild angst
-HEA
-Epilogue
I was severely disappointed by recently published books so I had reverted to Old School romances- this has revived my kinky soul. Really
Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink*
There need to be more male leads with Cajun accents. That is all.
Kiki

Let me make one thing clear, I did NOT like the heroine. I wanted to seriously bitchslap her and I never warmed up towards her!
She lied, and that lie is not a small lie, its almost a crime. What she did, she did without her sisters consent! (view spoiler)
4.5 (Give Me More Books, Simone Stark) Stars!!!!!

One of my favorite novellas EVAH!!!! Of course, I wish it was a full book, but Ill take what I can get. I will definitely be rereading this gem again and again.

Abby starts sending anonymous letters to a soldier (*cue eye-roll). I typically dont go for this type of story line, especially if it is weepy. But this was NOT weepy. I loved how the temperature was turned up very early on in the letters. These two quickly get to know each other, but Roux
Erin
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: military, novellas, 2017
I just devoured this. Like a piece of chocolate cake. I ignored my entire family for an hour. It was glorious.
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
I'll be reading more of this author, mark my words.

It was soooo good! The perfect Valentine's Day treat!

Even tho it was a novella, it had all the feels, the sexy times, the character development. Yes, the plot was simple. I LOVE LETTER WRITING!

I love falling in love and building relationships with letters! One of my fave tropes in romance.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Roux!!! Loup! Furry wolf! Where can I get me one????

Abby was... OK. A curvy, insecure, sweet woman.

Honestly, now I want to find the nearest
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
I picked this book up as it was recommended on one of my favourite podcasts, Fated Mates in their epistolary romances episode. And, for those of you, who like me, wasn't exactly sure what an epistolary romance was until you googled it, it means a book where the hero and heroine fall in love or the relationship develops via writing. This could be in the form of an old fashioned letter, or perhaps an email and even IMs, text messages...and sometimes a combination of all of those things. Think Dear ...more
Umaiya ❄️Ramblings of a Scattered Mind❄️

How did I miss that this was a novella? Or maybe I knew but forgot?
Anyway had I known/remembered I'd have read this sooner but whateves.

I love books with letters and emails and texts and well you get the idea. So admittedly I was very excited to read this. Unfortunately it didn't live up.
Too fast paced but then what else would you expect from a novella?
Too much smut?
Yes it's a thing especially when you were really looking forward to the letters aspect of the book.

Also very far-fetched and
Susani
Hot, short and and an entertaining read. The hero made the book for me - LOVED him!! Heroine, not so much. Smart, BBW that doesn't see herself as good looking. She doesn't think that she would attract a good looking man because she does not fit her interpretation of what a man would find beautiful/attractive. Drove me crazy! Hero was pretty darn perfect, and boy, was he a good dirty talker :)

Safety
(view spoiler)
Mandy
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.25 - I really enjoyed this novella but would've enjoyed it more if it was longer or if there would've been a little more to the epilogue. The writing was great- excited to read whatever this author writes next.
SB*needs low angst books*
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

This book is a short story
This book received 5 stars from me

Yes you are reading correctly
There is a first time for everything and this is one of those moments.

If you had asked me a few days ago I would have told you that it was a nearly impossible feature to reach 5 stars with me if you write a short story.

Then there was the next surprise to me it looks like this book is a debut novel. (Please do NOT tell me this is a bestselling author writing under a new pen name because I want to believe
Julie (Jewlsbookblog)
Abigail and Rouxs letters to one another dropped natural barriers quicker then if they were seeing one another in person, but I liked seeing both perspectives. I liked how the author transitioned from their letters to their everyday environments as well. This was a light-hearted, spicy little number! Nothing seriously in-depth, rather a very flirty, easy read.
Bigbooknut
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

I really enjoyed this first offering from Simone Stark. The letters between them were in turns touching, sweet and steamy. Their letters and phone conversations laid the foundation for a believable relationship and were sexy without being all about the sex. I appreciated the heroine not having a Cover Girl face and runway model body. She does have some self-esteem issues which caused her to make a foolish mistake, but it wasn't one I couldn't understand or one I couldn't forgive.
Mandy
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shorties
This book was absolutely fantastic!!! I'm a huge fan of correspondence books so I just devoured this. It jumped off from the beginning and drew me right in. When Roux was the man who received and read Abby's first letter to an anonymous soldier, he felt instantly connected to her. They write back and forth for several months and the flirty banter and getting to know you letters were so fun to read. Roux is a sexy rough and tough military man with a hot Cajun accent, and Abby is a funny, sweet, ...more
Honey~psychopaths&stalkers
LORD O'LORD.

Forgive me for I have sinned. Amen.

This. I liked this. I LOVED THIS. I DEVOURED THIS KIND OF ROMANCE. OMGOD YES.

GET ME SOME ROUX. That guy is fucking french and he's like oui the shit outta me.

He imagined her round with a child. A beautiful brown-eyed daughter. He wanted that little girl almost as much as he wanted her mother. His wife. His Abby

Okay let's talk about this. He wanted a daughter. EVERY MILITARY ROMANCE I READ, THEY WANTED A DAUGHTER and THAT IS THE CUTEST CONFESSION
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead, 3.5*

A little bit unbelievable but the definition of the romantic fantasy. He was captivated by her handwriting and knew she was it for him.

H wasn't a manwhore and had been celibate a while
h wasn't a virgin but no details
She pushed away because of a lack of confidence due to her weight

All in all I enjoyed it for what it was
D
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Perfect! Loved it so much!
Julia
Definitely a new author to watch! Looking forward to see what else this authors got planned
Lana Reads and Knits
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful mix of sweet and dirty. I love the stories with written letters and this one did not disappoint. Ms. Stark managed to pack so much feeling in such a short story, I really couldn't get enough.
Will be rereading this one for sure.
Jae
This book was exactly as I want my escape to be. All fluttery, dirty and furry (you'll have to read it to figure out the furry part).

A bit too much cheese at the end, tho. But still, I lovvit.
nick
Aug 14, 2018 marked it as did-not-finish
Shelves: contemporary, adult
DNF

Ugh this sounded so good, but this romance was too fast. I needed more build-up to them falling for each other. Dude literally got a hard-on after he sees the girl's handwriting. I don't have a penis, but who the fuck gets a hard-on from pretty handwriting?????

description
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Class of Love (Letters From Home, #1)
  • Dear Killian (Love Letters #1)
  • Never Sweeter (Dark Obsession, #2)
  • Freedom of Love (Letters From Home, #2)
  • Letters to her Soldier
  • Cop's Passion (Big Girls Lovin' Trilogy, #2)
  • Plowed (Blue Collar Bad Boys, #7)
  • PS... You're Mine
  • Doctor's Delight (Big Girls Lovin' Trilogy, #1)
  • Drilled (Blue Collar Bad Boys, #3)
  • Dear Gage (Love Letters #2)
  • Dear Maverick (Love Letters)
  • Seducing Sam
  • Wrong Number Text (Love in Brazen Bay, #1)
  • Playing It Cool (Sydney Smoke Rugby, #2)
  • A Lover's Lament
  • One Soldier: From Letters to Love
  • One Letter (One Soldier, #1)