Start by marking “A Beautiful Acceptance (a NYC series, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Beautiful Acceptance  (a NYC series, #2)

A Beautiful Acceptance

(A NYC series)

A notorious flirt and private investigator.
A broody ex-fighter unable to step into the ring again.

Alexa Tanner lives her life alone.
Never knowing what it was like to be loved.

Tapper Low misses the ring, and is having a hard time accepting his new life.

Alexa and Tapper have a past.
A past that comes back to interrupt their lives, making them both think about their futures.

Published October 16th 2017

To ask other readers questions about A Beautiful Acceptance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Beautiful Acceptance

Start your review of A Beautiful Acceptance (a NYC series, #2)
Anne Milne
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the series and thus time we get Alexa and Tappers story.

After Alexa met him again at the end of book one and she can’t stop thinking about him and what might have been. For Tapper he’s struggling to adjust to the changes in his life and he’s bitter about how things ended between them.

I liked watching Alexa work through all her hang ups and finally let someone in. Tapper coming to terms with his limitations was easy for me to identify with for personal reasons. There
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
I enjoyed this second book in the NYC Series, A Beautiful Acceptance; it is an emotional and hopeful story. It’s Tapper and Alexa’s story, which also continues the love story between Prescott and Ki. It is tangled and somewhat tense, as well as funny and sweet, with great characters that I love.

After Alexa Tanner gets some unexpected worrisome information it gets a little twisted. I feel like she just figured out what she wanted with Tapper and then so many surprises popped up threatening their
GrnEyed
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have read a number of Alora Kate’s books and they all have one common thread, once I start them I can’t put them down until I’ve read to the last page! A Beautiful Acceptance, book two in her NYC series, is no different. We went from Ki and Prescot’s story in book 1 to Alexa and Tanner’s story in this book.
A Beautiful Acceptance was a tough read for me and yet it was an utter joy. In some respects I cannot relate to someone like Alexa. Alexa is the kind of woman who can enter a room and all
Andrea
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Beautiful Acceptance is where we get Alexa's story with Tapper Low. They run into each other in A Beautiful Heartbreak and it sets Alexa's mind racing about him constantly. She can't get him out of her mind and she has to talk to him. Tapper wants nothing to do with her. He's currently learning how to live his new life and let go of his old life, including Alexa, although it hasn't happened in the year they've been a part.
You get all of the same characters from A Beautiful Heartbreak and get
Reckless Readers
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Alexa seems more down to earth in this second novel of the series.
We meet the whole gang in book one, that was about Ki and Prescot.
This book was about Alexa and Tapper. I had an easier time connecting with Ki however Alexa comes out of her shell. Their relationship is still unique..
I wasn't sure how I would connect to Alexa diving in but she manages to surprise the reader.
Her whole life she has been trying to be something she is not, just to get her mom's attention. Her childhood was an
Edna Staples
Oh, why does Alora Kate does this to a reader for. she plays on
this readers heart all the time but this time she played on it very
hard.
This book A Beautiful Accpetance is book 2 in her new series. This
book is the perfect and it flows easy and Alora for sure has turly
improved alot in her writing. She keeps us on our seats as we are
waiting for what is next to happened. I have picked two characters in
this book and then I will pick just 1 after....
First Character I picked is Josh and why Josh
Brandy Roberts
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed A beautiful acceptance after reading A beautiful heartbreak I couldn't wait to get my hands on Alexa and Tappers story to see what happened for Tapper to show such anger towards the heroine and I understood the way he felt . Alexa doesn't let any one in after the things she's been through the only person she ever let break through her wall is Ki and once faced with tragedy she's starts to reevaluate her life . My heart broke for Tapper and the things he is going through such a ...more
Sarah Cupcake
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Sometimes life knocks before it throws a curve ball your way & sometimes
it wheels by in a wheelchair. That is exactly what happens to Alexa. Can there
really be a second chance at the greatest love of your life? Or, will the challenges
of life end everything as it is just beginning? Challenges that could easily beat
any one person are thrown at them & force each of them to open up & face their
own demons...demons which neither want to admit exist. Sometimes, the best thing we can do for
Diane Holtry
Shelves: arc-or-blog
As I read through this book, I was impressed with the way the emotions were described. I felt as though I was experiencing the confusion and hurt right along with Alexa and Tapper.
Their struggles were perhaps not relatable to me specifically but were described with such intensity that my empathy felt real as I watched it all unfold.
Just as in book one, coupled with the love story is a bit of action and suspense that allows the reader to have a wide variety of things to cling to as the story
Spunky N Sassy
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.5

~~~~~~~~~~Tracy's Review~~~~~~~~~~

I loved how this book continues on from A Beautiful Heartbreak. In this second book in the series we follow Alexa and Tapper's story all the while we still get more of Prescot and Ki's story. Alexa left Tapper a year ago and during that time his entire life changed but he never forgot her. Alexa's life is about to get very complicated and the person she is going to need is the one person she pushed and ran away from. OMG Alora Kate is
Cindy Mathis
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book 2 in the NYC series, A Beautiful Acceptance, struck a deep chord with me for very personal reasons. Alora Kate nailed it with this book! The emotions that Tapper feels are spot on. A story like this could go either way, and I was overjoyed watching Alexa grow with every page.

Alora Kate just keeps getting better and better! I can’t wait for Book 3!
Jeana Becker
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing book!! The chemistry between Alexa and Tapper is something else!! The story is so intense and keeps you wanting more! I can’t wait for the last one and at the same wish this series won’t be over at this one!!
Stacy Aube
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received and voluntary reviewed an ARC of this book. This book was read and reviewed by Stacy Aube for Cutting Muse Blog Review.

Another work of art. Topper and Lexi have an interesting and remarkable connection. The devastation in this book will play tricks with your feelings. I can't wait for the next book in this series.
Kim Sutton
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is book two in the series. This one is Lexi’s book, and I've got to say she's my favourite! I loved Ki but Lexi I love more! She’s independent and she's made something of her life despite having a rubbish start to it. Tapper, an old flame is back in her life but after she screwed up with him originally he's doesn't want anything to do with her.

I really enjoyed this book and it had the bonus of still having Ki and Prescott from the first book!

A Beautiful Acceptance had quite a few twists
Vickie
A Beautiful Acceptance is book two in the NYC series and after finishing A Beautiful Heartbreak I could not wait to get my hands on Alexa's and Tapper's story!

This was another fantastic instalment that had me engrossed from start to finish. The story flowed with effortless ease. I really enjoyed the fact that even though it is wrote with such emotive words the Author has still managed to write humorous undertones mixed with witty banter while still keeping the character's true to themselves.
Yvonne Eason
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
we catch back up with Tapper and Alexa who featured in book one of the series.

Alexa works with Ki who we met in book one and is the other half of the private investigation team.

Alexa doesn't love? She has no time for it. She feels that if she loves them and leaves them then she can't get hurt. Which is exactly why happened with Tapper. When Tapper dared show feelings for her she upped and left.

little did either of them realise that a chance encounter bring them back together again. It isn't
Crystal
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Beautiful Acceptance is book two in the NYC series. This is witty, fun Alexa's story and I loved it. The story was easy to follow and well written. It had some twists and turns that keep you guessing till the end. The characters Alexa and Tapper, were likeable and so good together. I'm so glad they got their second chance together. Loved seeing past characters too. Really excited to see what book three holds for me, as I'm realy enjoying this series.
Sassy Southern
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Alexa Tanner owns a PI firm with her best friend Ki Nicolson and they also serve court papers as well. When Alexa ends up serving the grandmother of her ex-boyfriend, Tapper Low she is brought back to a past that she ran from.

Tapper Low has never gotten over Alexa. He is a former MMA fighter but when he was attacked he wound up in a wheelchair and no longer able to use his legs. He has a lot of pain from everything that has happened but is still in love with Alexa after all these years.

When
Rebecca Austin
Nov 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-sassy
This is another beautifully written book by the author that again tackles some difficult subject matters but shows the beauty of true love.

Alexa did not have an easy go growing up with a mother that was more into drugs than her. She grew up having to fend for herself and that made her extremely wary of love and relationships. Yet she was able to have an amazing friendship with Ki and that showed her that she could be loved and deserved it.

Tapper was a MMA fighter and lost the use of everything
Shani
I’ve been a huge fan of Alora’s for some time now, and with every book she puts out she gets better and better! I love the fact that she just doesn’t stay with a genre that is in her comfort zone. Instead, she reaches out to twist things a little bit. For example her books, The Price We Pay, A Flaw So Beautiful and Crash.Burn.Sting. Which are all fantastic books and I encourage you to check them out!

I was super excited to see that she was returning to a series!!!! I love this as I love to know
Bo
Shelves: action, drama, romance
A Beautiful Acceptance is the second installment for Alora Kate’s The NYC Series. It picks up from the first book A Beautiful Heartbreak but tells the story of Ki’s best friend Alexa Tanner.

As cliché as it may seem, I still enjoyed reading Alexa’s story. A typical second chance love story but for some reason, they were able to reach a part of my heart. Although it wasn’t really enough to make me cry, it still felt something. I was able to connect with the characters even though I wasn’t really
Becky Baldridge
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
This second book in the NYC series picks up where book 1 left off and gives us Alexa's story. Much like the first book, we get some suspense and action, but the wonderful thing about this series lies in the character development. I have fallen for this odd mix of people and can't get enough of them and their interactions. Alexa and Tapper get a second chance at love and we get more details on why Alexa is so opposed to commitment as well as things from her past that she didn't even know about. ...more
Brittany Hively
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A sweet adventure with twists and turns to keep you captivated until the very last page!

I LOVE this series! I love these characters and this story line!! Alora Kate has done a great job with this story! She makes you fall in love with the characters immediately and then you fall in love with the story. It was so hard to put this book down!

I have to squeeze in reading between classes, kids, and work and it was hard to do that with this book because I just wanted to keep reading and forget about
Kimberly Garner
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story even more than the first in the series. This is Alexa and Tappers story. It took a while for me to warm up to Alexa, to me she was standoffish and not likeable, but you get to see why she is like she is, and you peel back layers and you start to understand her. I loved Tapper from the beginning, I don't know what it was, but yeah, he is pretty awesome. You get to revisit the characters from book one, and I always like that. Alora Kate has a writing style that just makes you fall ...more
Hailee Hall
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Second book into series and I am still drawn in.... Ki and Alexa are such amazing characters! This book was easy to flow into, story line had the great balance of twists, and not to mention.... hot guys.... lol... Alora has books that make you forget you have to do things... once you start reading... you can't stop until your finished!! Loves this book and you will too.
Shasta Hope
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Second Chance love story

I loved Tapper & Alexa. Their story is filled with suspense and heartache. However, these two come together beautifully and magically.
Danielle Edwards
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book.
Michelle
Jun 02, 2018
Alora Kate
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
hayley straub
Mar 18, 2019

• Jaz. Tina : biografski roman
  • Budapest Noir
  • What to Expect When You're Expecting
  • If You Say So (KPD Motorcycle Patrol #6)
  • I Burned Down His House (Love at First Crime, #3)
  • Beard Necessities (Winston Brothers, #7)
  • Son of a Beard (The Dixie Wardens Rejects MC #3)
  • No Vacancy
  • Clash (Gentry Generations #4)
  • Hold on to Hope
  • Sarge: Book 8 in the Vengeance MC series
  • Reckless Encore
  • Amber Sky
  • Diesel: Vengeance Reborn (Vengeance MC Book 9)
  • Flame (Men of Inked: Heatwave, #1)
  • War of Hearts (Storm MC Reloaded, #2)
"I hear voices in my head and I love that its totally okay." - Alora Kate

Alora Kate is a multi-genre author who likes to be bold and original; stepping outside of the box and bringing her readers fresh characters from all parts of life. She’s a mother, college student, photographer, and graphic designer. She resides in northern MN with her son, where she plans to stay for a long time despite the

A NYC series (3 books)
  • A Beautiful Heartbreak (a NYC series, #1)
  • A Beautiful Forgiveness  (a NYC series, #3)