Start by marking “The Falling Star (The Blazing Star, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Falling Star (The Blazing Star, #2)

The Falling Star

(The Blazing Star #2)

Seventeen-year-old Alexandria White only wants to go home, a wish that would be easier to pull off if home weren’t thousands of years in the future and halfway across the world.

Since her twin sister, Portia, touched an artifact during their history class, she’s been stuck in ancient Egypt surrounded by the unknown: knife-wielding priestesses, soul-consuming Scorpions, and
Paperback
Published December 8th 2020 by Wise Ink

Start your review of The Falling Star (The Blazing Star, #2)
Jessica Rodrigues
Short review:
I seriously loved this book. Seriously. I loved the first one when it came out a few years ago and did a re-read right before The Falling Star for the full effect and it was delightful.

Longer review to follow when I am less overwhelmed with things I have to do~
Rena
I´ve been waiting for ages for this book, and it was worth every second of the wait. The Blazing Star, the first book in this series, was one of the first ebooks I´ve ever read and it was the distraction I needed to help me through a difficult time in my life. I´ve always loved ancient Egypt, enough to study Egyptology, so a book dealing with time travel and the chosen one and all other tropes I love, written by a black author was something I couldn´t pass up.

The two books in this series each ha
Enigma Squeaks
Dec 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Disclaimer: I was gifted the early release of this book in exchange for a honest review.

WOW!! That's my first reaction.
For me, this book is movie ready, it has all the scenes set, atmospheric descriptions, the cross between old word and new world, different regions. it is awesome!

Now, I have to say that on first attempt, I was not gripped, two chapters in and I initially thought "what have I agreed to" however I am glad I gave it a second go because it is a really good story though it was out of
Russell Ricard
Feb 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The Falling Star, book two in Imani Josey’s YA Fantasy series The Blazing Star, is a thrilling follow up to book one. The series’ action centers around an intertwined journey of self-discovery for seventeen-year-old twin sisters Portia and Alexandria White who possess “birthright” magical powers.

Book one is told in Portia’s voice. (In book one, Portia touches an artifact in history class. She time travels from contemporary Chicago to ancient Egypt. By novel’s end, she remains trapped within a m
Khaleelah Gilcreast
Anthonette
Feb 16, 2019
McPhaul M.
Mar 01, 2019

• Maple Sundaes and Cider Donuts (Modern Mail Order Brides #10)
  • Where She Lays : Royale Fairytales
  • The Pigeon Whisperer
  • Twas the Nightshift Before Christmas
  • My Perfect Funeral
  • The Tower of Nero (The Trials of Apollo, #5)
  • The Ride
  • Mr. Loverman
  • White Teeth
  • The Lives of Saints (Grishaverse)
  • A Royal Christmas Quandary
  • Sirens of Los Angeles: Blood Web Chronicles The Novella (Blood Web Chronicles)
  • Raybearer (Raybearer, #1)
  • The Kingdom of Copper (The Daevabad Trilogy, #2)
  • Anthem (The Sixties Trilogy, #3)
  • The Ballad of Black Tom
  • Vampires of Moscow (Blood Web Chronicles, #1)
  • Beneath the Moon: Fairytales, Myths, and Divine Stories from Around the World
Imani Josey is a writer from Chicago, Illinois. In her previous life, she was a cheerleader for the Chicago Bulls and won the titles of Miss Chicago and Miss Cook County for the Miss America Organization, as well as Miss Black Illinois USA.

Her one-act play, Grace, was produced by Pegasus Players Theatre Chicago after winning the 19th Annual Young Playwrights Festival. In recent years, she has turn

The Blazing Star (2 books)
  • The Blazing Star (The Blazing Star, #1)