Start by marking “Beat of His Own Drums (Band of Brothers #2)” as Want to Read:
Beat of His Own Drums (Band of Brothers #2)

Beat of His Own Drums (Band of Brothers #2)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  54 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
For All The Right Reasons introduced Ben and Simon Gallo, the two brothers who together created what would become the legendary rock band Reckless. For every step towards glory which Ben took on their rise to fame, Simon's footsteps faltered along that same journey. Nothing he did seemed to measure up and it was one misstep after another, until Simon no longer knew the man ...more
Published July 9th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Beat of His Own Drums, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beat of His Own Drums

Joanne Swinney
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing

How does she do it? If you have read book one in this series you would have already met Simon. I took an instant dislike to him in For All The Right Reasons, he was a total douchebag. How Ann Lister got me to not only like him but fall for him in this book is unbelievable. I want so much more from this story. I am very thankful there’s a full length novel to come.

I understand now why Simon was a complete pig previously, I don’t agree with his behaviour, but I can see he was emotionally distress
Jennifer Reilley
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I love the second chance romance. I loved seeing how they met and fell in love

I can't wait for their full story next. Great book Ann.
Laurie Ather
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I wish this would have been longer! Now the long wait for the continuation of the story of Simon and Dakota!
Dennis
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Beat of His Own Drums

Simon was a dock in the first book and i didn't really care for him but I am actually happy he got a novella and soon a full story of his own. Ann writes great stories of good men even if they are sometimes bad they usually have a good heart.
Char Moore
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very good read!

I loved Book 1 and this book raised the level up just a bit more than I expected. Simon rubbed me the wrong way for a bit, but now that I know the deal, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for now. Can't wait for the next book! Should be a doozy!!!
TracyG.
Aug 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
2.5 stars. Honestly I'm not impressed. I don't like books that flashback they annoy me and distract me from the story. Yes I got a small incite into who Simon is but not enough for me to stop disliking him. I'm hope the next book has no flashbacks and shows us the real Simon.

Sorry this on wasn't for me.
Colleen
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Short but sweet! Love my rock stars!
Sha
Carys Kendall
Mar 20, 2018
Caryn Denny
Aug 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Not a fan of a whole story being a teaser for a novel.

Simon Gallo, drummer for Reckless and brother of Ben Gallo, is attracted to other men. He explores this with his drum tech one night and they become inseparable. However, something happens and we are fast forwarded to a few years later and Dakota returns to apply for his old job. Their relationship is rekindled as hot as ever.

But...it is then, when Simon is ready to out himself, we find out their story will now be a novel. Not impressed.
Mildred
Andrea
Jul 28, 2017
Valerie Degeorge
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a novella and also book 2 in the Band of Brothers Series by Ann Lister, you need to read the first book "For All The Right Reasons " to fully understand Simon Gallo's story in this book.

Let me point out first , that after reading book one, I couldn't stand Simon Gallo I wanted to smack him into the next week so when I found out that Ann was writing his book in this novella I was pondering "How will she ever redeem this jerk?" Well.... not only did she redeem him, Ann made me fall in lov
Maggie
Aug 27, 2017
Ann Lister is a native New Englander currently living in Florida with her husband. She has pulled details from her years living in the New England area and uses many local settings and landmarks in her novels.

After graduating art school, marrying, and raising two daughters, she established her own video production company. Her nearly two decades working in video production included work within t
More about Ann Lister

Band of Brothers (2 books)
  • For All the Right Reasons (Band of Brothers, #1)