Start by marking “Casa Nostra” as Want to Read:
Casa Nostra

Casa Nostra

In 1933, four women run a comforting safe house for Chicago criminals looking to lay low. But when the ladies find themselves violently betrayed by one of their distinguished guests, revenge becomes their new business. Daring heists, dirty money, infamous gangsters and Tommy guns are all a part of the plan in this original noir graphic novel.
Published November 21st 2017 by Udon Entertainment

To ask other readers questions about Casa Nostra, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Casa Nostra

Start your review of Casa Nostra
Chad
Apr 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley-2018, 2018
This was actually pretty good. I've always stayed away from Udon books because I don't care for Mango, but it looks like they are branching out. This takes place in 1930's gangster Chicago. The lead character runs a safe house in Indiana for Frank Nitti. When one of Al Capone's hitmen hurts one of her friends, she heads out for revenge. The art was interesting and I really liked the sepia inspired color palette. It did end a little abruptly though.
Lexxi Kitty
*I received this book from Udon Entertainment and Netgalley for an honest review*

This is an annoying book from beginning to end. From the super slow snail pace, to the many times flashbacks interrupted the story; to the many times some random scene would suddenly occur and thered be no explanation for the sudden change in plot line until much later. Biggest problem, though? The art was such that I had trouble telling the characters apart. This matched perfectly with the text that liked being
E.
I received a free copy of this book from NetGalley

Somewhere between 2 and 2,5 star, I guess? I've been blinded by pretty colours but this doesn't deserve even this much. 1,5*

What I expected:
-a story about four badass complex women getting their revenge and trying to make it in the world of mafia

What I got:
-ugh.. disappointment
-men are allowed to come in all shapes and sizes but women are drawn with the same hourglass figure and boobs defying gravity.. this is not how clothes work!
-@ illustrator:
Etienne
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
2,5/5. The illustration of this book are awesome! Congrats to the illustrators because he did an amazing work here. The story is simple but not bad. The problem I found in this comic book is the lack of cohesion between a mature story and the cartoon style of the illustration. This may sound stupid, but I really think that the illustration, has beautiful as they are doesn't match this type of story.
Nikki "The Crazie Betty" V.
This was AWESOME! I loved the artwork, I loved the story, I loved the characters! I requested this off Netgalley on a whim given that it was a graphic novel and I knew I could read it pretty quickly. But to be honest, I wouldve read a whole series set in this world. Claire is a seriously kick-butt strong AF heroine. But then again, youd have to be in order to run a safe house for criminals ran by all women during the early 30s. The author did a great job of pulling in real people and situations ...more
Mike
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
A moody noir tale of gangsters on the run, dames as tough as shoe leather, betrayal, and revenge.

Claire, a young, half Japanese woman whose absentee father was a "natural born criminal" runs Casa Nostra. A safe-house where she and her three helpers (all female) make a living by "helping bad men get away with bad things". While they aren't specifically mafia run, they are most definitely loosely associated.

At the request of Frank Nitti (Al Capone's main man), the ladies reluctantly take in
Ije the Devourer of Books
This is a noir graphic novel with good artwork and gritty storytelling.

It is 1933 and a group of women run a safe house for criminals who need to lie low. There is a kind of 'honour amongst thieves' between the ladies and their gangster guests, but when one guest crosses the line the ladies have to find a way of taking revenge without crossing the mob.

It is an interesting story with graphics which are dark colours and convey a gritty noir feel to the book. If you like gangsters, and gals who
Claire
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels, arcs
Soooooooooo good
Kate
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
Closer to 3.5, but I'll round up.

I really liked the setting and the plot line, although the ending felt a bit rushed.
Wayne McCoy
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
'Casa Nostra' by Chris Sarracini with art by Nick Kilislian had an interesting premise, but has a weird art style to go with such a dark story.

The story starts with way too much exposition to lead us to our main character. Abandoned by her father when she was a child, she now runs a safe house for criminals in the gangster era. When the inevitable violence happens, they have a friendly "cleaner" who can help them dispose of the bodies.

They take in a violent member of Al Capone's mob and offer to
Elaine White
Book Casa Nostra
Author Chris Sarracini, Nick Kilislian
Star rating - ★★★★★
No. of Pages 122
Cover Stunning!
Would I read it again Yes!
Genre Crime, Noir, 1920's, Comic

** COPY RECEIVED THROUGH NETGALLEY **

This was one incredible book. With gorgeous illustrations, a thoroughly plotted and executed plot, intriguing characters, and a captivating storyline, the only thing that topped it off with even more greatness was the stunning sketch gallery at the end.

Not only does it have relatable, likeable
Anthony Fitzpatrick
FOR FANS OF THE GODFATHER, BREAKING BAD AND SONS OF ANARCHY!

The illustrations in this book are freaking incredible. This graphic novel had so much potential but the story wasn't fully conceptualized and so it lacks some of the things that would have made it pure gold. This is a short tale but one packed full of blood, gun powder and betrayal. Chicago 1933, a group of women run a lay low house for criminals. Bugs Moran's gang is weak and Calpone is lying low in prison but his gang the Syndicate
Nelo
Mar 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphics, crime-mafia
Casa Nostra is set in Chicago, the main Character Claire along with three other ladies run a safe house for criminals. The story starts with a flash back and then it pans into the main character being introduced as a 26 year-old Japanese-Italian woman. One day she houses a criminal famously known as Al capone's right hand man and things go wrong, Claire and the girls are out for blood.
what i liked this comic is the way the women pulled through to handle a tough situation. Claire is has a clever
Elia
Mar 15, 2018 rated it liked it
I'm not a big fan of noir, or of the 1930's in general, but I confess, I was quite entertained by this. Casa Nostra is the story of 4 women: a half-Japanese half Italian woman whose father is a well-known (though un-named) criminal and her step-daughter, the daughter of a former mob doctor who has taken up the profession herself, and an African American woman with a criminal past and a vast knowledge of weapons. Together the women run a safe house where Chicago mobsters go to lay low when the ...more
Albert
Apr 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Casa Nostra by Chris Sarracini is another example of comic books stretching the boundaries of what mainstream comics expect them to be. Beautiful artwork and good storytelling make this independent graphic novel an interesting read.

It is 1933 and the gangland wars are rampant in Chicago. On the outskirts of town four women run a safe house where the criminals can lay low. But when one of those criminals turns violent and betrays the women, everything changes. Now the girls are out for revenge
Strawberry
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
*I received an ARC of this book through NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review*

I have never read a graphic novel before, and decided to give the genre a shot when I saw this one available to read, because of my love for historical fiction. I thought it was a very fun read! I absolutely love strong female protagonists, especially during a time in history when they were only meant to be pretty decorations for men to look at. I also like how real-life gangsters made cameos in the story.
Beth Younge
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I started this really enjoying this book but as i got towards the end i did not like it as much. The art style was the one thing that got me through the final 30 or so pages and i wished that the plot had been neatened up around the end. The main female character i loved due to her strength and how she survived in the male dominated crime world.

I received this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
William Stanger
Jun 23, 2018 rated it liked it
I had high hopes for this graphic novel that I borrowed from the library, but it didn't live up to my expectations. The story seemed to be developing well and it kind of came to an abrupt end. The premise was interesting, but I just felt it didn't pan out that well. I liked the illustrations and they worked well with the story, but unfortunately it fell short for me.
GONZA
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very good story with the perfect illustrations to go with it. One of the best graphic novel I read recently.

Storia bella e disegni perfetti che l'accompagnano. Una delle migliori graphic novel che io abbia letto di recente.

THANKS NETGALLEY FOR THE DRC!
Theediscerning
Mar 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandoned
Yada-yada women in power. Yada-yada mix of real-life and fictional baddies in the Capone era. Forget what they think is good about this book, and concentrate on the incomprehensible and boring plot, the been-here-before flavour, and the god-awful "is that even a human being?!" artwork. Rubbish.
Lindsey
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphics
I enjoyed the artwork and noir style of this book.
Rococo
Mar 02, 2018 rated it liked it
A bit like a sepia-toned Sin City. There's nothing terribly original here, but it's fun and fast-paced.
Elizabeth
Nov 30, 2018
Matt Moylan
Jan 18, 2018

• Kiss Number 8
  • The Girl from the Other Side: Siúil, A Rún, Volume 2 (The Girl from the Other Side, #2)
  • German calendar no December
  • Sleepless, Vol. 1
  • The Altered History of Willow Sparks
  • Sweet Blue Flowers, Vol. 2 (Sweet Blue Flowers Omnibus, #2)
  • Sweet Blue Flowers, Vol. 3 (Sweet Blue Flowers Omnibus, #3)
  • Perséphone
  • Sweet Blue Flowers, Vol. 1 (Sweet Blue Flowers Omnibus, #1)
  • Shanghai Dream
  • Vampironica, Vol. 1
  • James Bond: The Body
  • The Mortal Instruments: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 3
  • I Date Dead People (My Boyfriend Is a Monster, #5)
  • Joe Quinn's Poltergeist
  • Permainan Agung (Sherlock #3)
  • Spectacle Vol. 1