Start by marking “Crescent Calling (The Crescent Witch Chronicles #1)” as Want to Read:
Crescent Calling (The Crescent Witch Chronicles #1)

Crescent Calling

(The Crescent Witch Chronicles #1)

Skye Williams is an ordinary woman, living an ordinary life.
Or so she thought.
When she receives news of her estranged mother’s death, she must go to Ireland to claim her inheritance, but when she arrives in the tiny village of Derrydun, she isn’t prepared for what she finds nestled amongst the rolling hills of the Emerald Isle.
Lumped with a funeral, her mother's crystal s
Kindle Edition
Published August 9th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Crescent Calling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crescent Calling

Mark Boyd
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lose a father, a boyfriend, and your job all in the course of a week. Stranded in your father's old house with no money and a little fat Irishman shows up, in a suit, on a hot Australian day, to inform you that your mother (mum), had just passed away as well. Having left Skye and her father when Skye was two, she's not overly bummed until she learns from the impish fat Irishman, her mum left her an inheritance including a nice home, a thriving business and three healthy bank accounts. The only ...more
Angela Lover  of all Books No Matter How Horrid They Are ❤❂☠
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.

This is the first bool in The Crescent Witch Chronicles. This is a great start to a series that seems as though there is going to be a lot of twists happening. There are so many questions that I have and I cannot wait for them to be answered. I want to know more about Boone and his past. I want to know more about where he came from and there has to be a reason why he was found in Derrydun out of all the places. Fate is something that lik
uolevi lahti
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the verdant depiction of Ireland. Loved the characters. Will read more of this series.
Coco.V
Jun 17, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (6/17/2019)! 🎁
Jenika Ioffreda
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. A pleasant and enjoyable read, with a cool and funny heroine, a very good world building (I quite liked the mix of everyday life, modern technology, legends and magic) and well written.
Taryn
Ehhhhhhhhh.

The problem with Crescent Calling is that it's slow and rushed at the same time. Weird, right? Skye inherits her mother's home, business, and money in Ireland, which means moving away from Australia. Well, we don't really see her first week, but we're told she doesn't like it and she's going to sell everything. One mishap, and she gives up.

Nothing happens. The conflict is brought up over halfway through and is so minor. I mean, it's the first book, but it didn't have a sense of urgenc
Louise-Andree
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75*

Meet Skye, a young woman that learns the mother she has seen in years has passed away and, in order to inherit a home, a store and three bank account, she leaves everything behind to move to Ireland. In the past week, she lost her dad, her job and her boyfriend. She goes to Ireland with no intention of staying but everything seems to prevent her from selling and leaving with the money. And then she learns she's the last of the Crescent witches and she's got to protect Ireland's magic.

This b
Angela
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great Series Starter! I‘m Intrigued.

I’m always looking for something a little different in my books; something to keep me interested and something I don’t figure out 2 chapters in. This fit my criteria for a good series starter.

I love the subject matter, but wish Skye might had struggled a bit more with the use of her magic. She is thrust into a legacy situation and is the last defense to save magic, but it seems a little rushed. But make no mistake, this book is good! And the author makes up f
Tamara
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC and am voluntarily reviewing it.

Awesome book. Skye is a girl who grew up with just her dad and doesn't know anything about her mom other then her mom left when she was two. She had to deal with the loss of her dad a while ago. Now more recently she was let go from her job and within a month of that her longtime boyfriend dumped her.

Skye is sitting on the porch at the house her dad left her trying to figure out what she is doing in life when she gets a strange visitor. The stran
Elaine
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019
Oh how I wish there was more clarification between YA (aimed at about 17 years old or so) and Young Adult (25 or so) as I could use the distinction now. This book is clearly aimed somewhere in the middle. Our heroine is old enough to have been dumped and fired but young enough to blithely jump on an airplane across the ocean without a second thought, and inexperienced enough to leave her 100,000 Euro shop in the hands of a minimum wage teenager without a blink of worry.

In the world of Young Adu
Jessica Tarrats
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily received an ARC copy of this book for an honest review.
This was a fun read. Skye Williams was in a tough patch in her life. Unexpectedly, she is approached by a stranger informing her that the mother who abandoned her years earlier passed away and left her an inheritance. In order to claim what is rightfully hers, Skye has to travel to her mother’s home in Derrydun. Ireland where she finds out that her life is going to change in ways she couldn’t imagine. I really enjoyed Skye’s hu
Mjuneb
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Natural Magic

Learning you have more than an earthly inheritance from an absentee mom, is a shock for Skye. Her father barely gone, the lose of her job and serious boyfriend, have her reeling when she learns her mother has passed and she needs to go to Ireland to claim her legacy there.
Normally this would be a hard decision, but with nothing to hold her, Skye goes. It turns out she has a bigger responsibility than closing out her mother’s store and house. She is the last of the Crescent witches a
Toni
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There's nothing like an Irish witch!

Skye Williams is an ordinary woman whose life has fallen apart. She lost her job, her boyfriend, and her dad recently died. Suddenly she is contacted by a lawyer telling her that her estranged mother has died leaving her an inheritance. The catch is that she has to relocate to Ireland to claim it. And when she does, she discovers she has inherited more from her mother than she could imagine. She discovers she is the last Crescent Witch, bound to protect the sm
Jessica Woods
Aug 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Crescent Calling was my first book my author Axelle Chandler. I enjoyed the story but felt it was like a Reader's Digest condensed edition. The characters are likeable but their interactions are skimmed over and seem light. Skye's life seems to fall apart and then she learns her mother died and left her the inheritance of being the Crescent Witch. But the story doesn't really intel what that means before Skye starts fighting villains and discovers magic by herself and begins to use spells. This ...more
Joyffree
This was the introduction novel to the Crescent Witch series -
Chandler does a wonderful job of introducing us to Skye and the village of Derrydun -
And let's just say that quirky is a kind word for the characters that reside within its borders
There is so much going on within this story - Chandler does an excellent job of tying it all together and making it flow seamlessly for the reader
We get mystery, a whole lot of surprises, some snark, a dash of humor and a little romance
So many secrets to
Kimberly
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic beginning...

Skye's life is falling to pieces, first her mother leaves when she's 2, her dad dies, she losses her job, and now her boyfriend broke up with her. What's next, she asks? Life changes dramatically for Skye as she finds out she's the last of the Crescent witches. Boone, a friend of Skye's mother, helps guide and protect her as they fight the fae battling for the magic Skye has. This book is creative and sucks you in for the ride. The only downfall of this book is waiting for
Delacey
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
A good introductory novel to the world of the Crescent witches. As this is a series, not all our questions have been answered, so I expect more background on the witches as the series progresses. The characters were likeable, though the h seemed a little flat- we have an idea of her personality from her interactions and responses to conflict, but we have very little idea of her interests and passions from her life in AU. Overall, an enjoyable and immersing read. *I received an ARC of this book f ...more
Shweta Beriwal
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Now that's what I call an introduction to a new series.

Amazingly created this book leaves you almost wanting to beg the author to write faster. I got this book on Amazon and after reading it I had to review it.

It's not just a paranormal thriller, it's also about a girl's journey from an orphan to a powerful witch. It's about bringing in the world of the fae and humans together. The best part was that apart from witches, shifters and leprechauns there are new species of paranormal creatures.

I sim
Dallass
Good, but not great

An interesting story, but just a little long winded at times. The interactions between Skye and the residents of this picturesque Irish town, especially with Boone, were for the most part fun, however I think I’ve read so many books like this - last surviving family member in a powerful bloodline, who has no idea that she’s a powerful witch, and then quickly learns to kick ass and fend off the evil beings - that this really didn’t give me any OMG-this-is-amazing vibes.

2.75 sta
T.
Mar 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: freebies
I downloaded Crescent Calling as a free ebook from Amazon. While the writing was relatively clean, with no annoying errors, I dislike two of the author's tactics to draw out conflict: a character claims "there's no time now" to answer questions, and avoiding explanations saying "I can't handle this now." There were a lot of plot holes and inconsistencies, and the seasons were brought up enough it would have been nice if the author explained seasons are reversed between northern (Ireland) and sou ...more
Darce
this was... kinda good, kinda just ok. the MC seemed to make some really dumb decisions, but then the love interest seemed to overreact to them? and like, both characters didn't really have stable or continuous personalities, or really any personality? i don't know, it was ok, and it was free so i can't complain. i guess it entertained me for a day. and i liked the side characters.

thanks to the author and amazon kindle for the free copy!
Amanda Megan Koehnlein
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily received an advanced ARC copy of this book for an honest review. So that being stated: Overall the book was a good light read for a young adult reader. Not so intense as other books like this. I also can't wait to read the other books in the series to find out where Skye and Boone are headed... and all the twist and turns the people in the town are going to be facing.
Sam Sweets
Jun 04, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Whack

I rate this at one star . why ? Story Vegas began good then turned typical . Soon as the heroines power was revealed it turned into just another love story . No longer intrigued cause you just knew what the need next page would bring . At least have your audience guess until the end .
Janet Johnson
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you love mysteries, surprises, magic, suspense and coming out on top...

THAT'S what you'll find here! Meet Skye, a young lady who THOUGHT everything was falling apart - when it was just falling into place. Just the first in the series, you'll make friends that you'll follow through the rest of it. Come along! ~ Thanks for sharing the story with us!
Vicky Quenault
Jul 30, 2018 rated it liked it
The premise of the book is good but the execution was a little lacking. The character development needs a lot of work as does the pacing and building of suspense.
A couple of mistakes in wording were quite annoying. Using sheik instead of chic was one of the instances that particularly stood out.
Overall a sweet book, but not a series I will look to finish.
Kathy wilson
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great 👍 book

I chose this book because it was free. When I started to read i really didn't think I would like it. But after getting further into the book i started liking where it was going. I really don't think I will buy the series as I am in a fixed income. But it's still s very good book to read. That's why I have it a 5star
Jo Dawson
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the story of Skye, reeling from her life imploding, finds herself across the globe trying to fit in her mom’s witchy footsteps. Partners with a shapeshifter Skye finds her calling in this Irish village as the witch she never knew she was.

I enjoyed the book but sometimes found the plot a little predictable. I thought Axelle Chandler had a great writing style.
Michael Mardel
Aug 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Crescent calling by Taylor. I can't quite pin down my ambivalence about this story. Was it too predictable with Skye and Boone pairing up? Was it the shallowness of Skye from being dumped by her boyfriend and being uprooted to Ireland? There's some good imagery with hawthorn trees and Boone shapeshifting. I found Boone to be the more likeable of the pair.
Smo
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The World of Irish Magic

Falling into the world of Irish magic was way more fun than I expected. The last Crescent Witch had a lot to learn in a short amount of time and I went along for the ride! Add to all that a romance for the ages and I have to keep on reading. Maybe, just maybe, the last Crescent Witch won’t really be “the last”?
Beverly
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good enough. Sassy mouthed Aussie girl gets dumped by boyfriend, laid off, and a visit from a solicitor from Ireland who tells her her mother who left her and her Dad when she was 2 left her a nice inheritance. The catch is she has to go to Ireland to collect it.
Well told. Enough detail to get you interested with a likable heroine. The usual romantic interest is included.
« previous 1 3 next »
Urban Fantasy ser...: May BOTM: CRESCENT CALLING by Axelle Chandler 1 4 May 01, 2018 07:19AM

• Eternal Desire (Siren Coven #1)
  • Deadhead (Damned Girl, #1)
  • Stolen Chaos (The Cardkeeper Chronicles #1)
  • Family Ghouls (A Greek Ghouls Mystery #1)
  • Destiny of the Female Warrior (Nephilim Warrior, #2)
  • SwitchBack (Knightsbridge Canyon, #1)
  • The Night Universe Collection
  • Sera's Dragon (Fire Mates, #1)
  • Shifted (Siren Prophecy, #1; Shifter Academy)
  • The Hunted (The Hunted #1)
  • Wicked Hungry
  • Rise of a Guardian (The Lost Relics #1)
  • Magic in the Desert: Darkangel / Bad Vibrations / Chosen
  • My Sunny Vampire (Bitten by Love, #1)
  • Bad Blood Bear (Bad Blood Shifters, #1)
  • The Grisly Grizzlies: Lachlan (The Grizzly Bear Shifters of Redemption Creek, #1)
  • The Chosen One (Sword of the Gods Saga, #1)
  • Ember's Curse (Prime Wolf, #1)
Nicole R. Taylor is an Australian Urban Fantasy author.
She lives in the western suburbs of Melbourne dreaming up nail biting stories featuring bad-ass witches, duplicitous vampires, hunky shape shifters and devious monsters.
She likes chocolate, cat memes and video games.
When she’s not writing, she likes to think of what she’s writing next.

AVAILABLE SERIES:
The Witch Hunter Saga (Urban Fantasy) Seri

The Crescent Witch Chronicles (4 books)
  • Crescent Prophecy (The Crescent Witch Chronicles #2)
  • Crescent Legacy (The Crescent Witch Chronicles #3)
  • Crescent Rogue (The Crescent Witch Chronicles #4)