Start by marking “Acting Married (Married, #5)” as Want to Read:
Acting Married (Married, #5)

Acting Married

(Married #5)

Published July 8th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Acting Married, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Acting Married

Jacob Proffitt
Dec 17, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: unfinished
I only got a few pages in before deciding that this isn't for me. The writing is sloppy and feels rushed as if the author couldn't be bothered to do better. The first pages are raw exposition and the heroine seems to be more concept than person (bumbling sad-case with a side of desperation). She falls all over herself the first two times she meets the main guy (he literally catches her once and has coffee spilled all over him the other). I hate that clumsy girl trope but I'll usually give an aut ...more
Jessie
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

Tara is working as a housekeeper for actor/playboy Rick Shade. His reputation needs a boost and his agent suggests marriage. Instead of marrying a starlet looking to advance her career, Rick suggests Tara. He offers her money, which would help pay the huge lawyer fees she has from her recent divorce. Somehow, Rick makes it all sound reasonable and Tara finds herself agreeing to be his bride for one year.

Tara and Rick were adorable together. I loved the playful moments like the water fig
Coco.V
Apr 05, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (4/5/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
Tara McDermott needed a job, so she took the only thing available--cleaning house for the swoon-worthy actor, and Hollywood Bad Boy, Rick Shade. When he comes up with a crazy plan to tame his wild reputation by marrying her, she reluctantly agrees so she can pay off her debts and move her daughter back to the Midwest where life is simpler. If only he wouldn't make her heart pound every time he kisses her.

Rick's reputation is in the toilet and it's affec
Stephanie
Oct 17, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars. Another cute, sweet fake-relationship story. This was a super quick read with likable characters. There was one major thing that bothered me, though. Tara sometimes acted like she had no say whatsoever in what happened. Like in the beginning when the topic of getting married to save Rick's image comes up and was dismissed she says something like, "Thank goodness he didn't insist." Like because she was one of the maids in his employment she wouldn't be able to say no if he really insis ...more
Jes Drew
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, clean
I downloaded this book for free and found it quite delightful and perfect for distressing before bed. Unusual marriage set-ups are always a great premise, and the author delivers here with an actor, a maid, and an adorable four year old. The only issue that kept me from completely falling in love with the book was that the heroine was a divorcee, albeit a lawful one, because of my very lofty moral code concerning such things.

But if you're looking for a sweet romance to fall in love with and take
Kathy
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
Another fun one!
Content: clean
Kathy Jo
Sadly this book is not for me. It just wasn't very believable. DNF at 45%.
Courtney
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, 2019
Excellent

I was very surprised to see the lower rating that this novel normally received, due to the fact that I found it quite pleasurable and well thought out.

When you read the title of this novel, you think quick action with a touch of romance; however, that does not even begin to describe this novel. It was longer, very complex, and not rush as many books tend to be. The love story between the hero and heroine was truly enduring. It was not a match that was thrown together, but one that we we
Ru4repeat
Aug 21, 2018 rated it liked it
I did like the phrase, "His mansion was bigger than Jack Sparrow’s ego." Such a great visual. Unfortunately, having great metaphors isn't enough to carry the story and keep my attention. I felt like Tara was just a ball of depression. Frankly, I felt depressed reading part of this because of her numerous insecurities and flat out awful attitude to Rick. The issues with the ex-seemed to be cleared up a bit too perfectly to get the vibe that this was real life, not a story. On a steaminess level I ...more
TSN
I'm sure that there is a great story in here, just waiting to be let out. Unfortunately, it is still in there.
This was bad. Not like I hated the book bad, but more like rushed and really superficial bad.

This is the third book by the author I have read, and all with pretty much the same result.
I'm afraid that I just don't like her writing.
Kate
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was such a cute, clean romance. It was fun watching Tara and Rick fall in love even when it was supposed to all be an act. One of my favorite kinds of stories. I'm excited to read more from Victorine soon!
B. D. Mann
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Acting Married is a stand-alone, clean, contemporary romance. I found it entertaining, humorous at times, and enjoyable. I would like to have awarded five-stars for this book, but the story was a bit too predictable.
Melissa
Sep 25, 2017 rated it did not like it
Too silly. Didn't finish
Susan K
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Romance, clean
This was one of the best in this series for me as a reader. While it still was a little far-fetched, I love honest characters with real sincere emotions. Definitely a cute fall with some chemistry. Tara's concerns for her daughter, her debt, and her heart were a serious backdrop to this fall. Rick's heart softening as he is around Tara and her daughter, defending them against the smarmy ex and his machinations, trying to keep his character, but letting his heart open to a family an
Mary Ann Davis
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone!
Recommended to Mary Ann by: friends, myself, librarian
"Acting Married" is novel #5 in NYT's best selling author Victorine E. Lieske's Married Series. This is a series of stand-alone books - each can be read without reading any of the others. They're all romantic comedies, romances from page 1 to the last. Romance between a man and a woman is The subject. And there's a hea marriage.

"Acting Married" is the final book of the Married series and it crowns them -- or so it seems to me. The lovers get a little deeper than in the other novels, but they lau
Donna Weaver
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WHAT IT'S ABOUT

Rick's reputation is in the toilet and it's affecting his job. In order to g
Pascale
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully Written

-'“After graduating from medical school, I decided I didn’t want to be a brain surgeon. I realized cleaning toilets was my passion.”'-
As always, Victorine doesn't just write stories: she makes magic happen. Although her "Married" collection of novellas appears as a series, each book is completely different, independent from every other one, with different characters. This, to me, is definitely an asset. As an avid reader, I sometimes find myself struggling to remember characte
Toni Gancheva
These novels were so cute! They had all my favorite themes - friends falling in love, celebrity romance, billionaire romance, hate to love... I recommend them to anyone who seeks light, sweet reads with a satisfying end and no cliffhangers. Each book in the series can be read as a standalone, there are no common characters.
Religion: none
Sensuality: clean
Narrative: 3rd person, following the H and h
Book 1: Accidentally Married - rich boy hires fake girlfriend
Book 2: Reluctantly Married - bantering
Charity Bradford
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This was a quick, easy read, and I loved that is was clean as well. There is definite chemistry between Tara and Rick, but they are also responsible adults capable of controlling their impulses. They both want something meaningful and are willing to wait for it. I know that sounds weird since they've entered a fake marriage to help each other out.

Tara so wants to be tough and capable, but she's really an emotional mess. Vulnerable, and so starved for real love that I hurt for her. She's a wonder
Charissa
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
This cute romance features Tara and Rick Shade, a famous actor. Newly divorced and trying to make ends meet, Tara becomes his housekeeper. When Rick must marry to tone down his bad-boy image, he suggests he marry his maid because she’s pretty, and so it happens. The charade of a lifetime that leads to love. There are twists and turns as Rick and Tara come to know each other better and understand what demons each faces. If they can’t overcome the past, they might not have a future. These Married ...more
Patricia Kiyono
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this Cinderella story. Tara is down on her luck. After her actor husband leaves her, she gets a job working as a maid for another actor. Rick Shade has had success, but his drinking has him needing to do something to repair his reputation. He makes Tara an offer she can't refuse - marry him, and after a year he'll give her more than enough to get out of debt and move back to her native Iowa. Though I had difficulty understanding how and why they would both agree to the arrangement, the ...more
Melanie Mason
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a delightful little romance. I enjoy reading the various situations that these brides and grooms get themselves into. I enjoyed the setup of the story with Tara being the maid for Bad-boy Rick. There were a ton of growing moments for both characters and I loved the conflict both internal and external within their relationship.

I love, love, LOVE, that these books are clean, but there is plenty of romantic tension and attraction. Thank you Victorine E. Lieske for another fun story!!!

I re
Marie McKenney
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another cute married series books

Rick is a movie star that is out of control. Tara comes to work for him a message as a maid. She is divorced with a young daughter and lots of bills to pay. Rick's manager is trying to get him to settle down. He suggest he gets engaged to someone that Rick disapproves of. He decides to ask Tara. The adventures of the proposal and later on, the wedding are so crazy. He gets along with her young daughter. The feelings are there but neither will admit it until what
Rebekah
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorites in the series

I've really enjoyed this entire series. I love that these books are completely clean with chemistry and a good ending. This was one of my favorites because of the crazy marriage and then taking the time to fall in love through the whirlwind of living together and parenting. These are just fun books and I needed something semi-mindless.
Happy reading!
Carol St John
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Acting?

I loved this book. It was a sweet love story that didn't start out that way. The reason for getting together seemed a little off, but it all worked out in the end. The H was so protective and endearing to the daughter it all seemed so natural. The h was a loving mother. Loved the three of them. Not a sexy, "screaming my name out loud" book, just a nice "I wish my life were like this" romance.
Melody
Jul 10, 2017 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book. I liked how sweet Rick was with Kylee, even though he didn't think he liked kids. I like stories where people get married for unsentimental reasons and then fall in love, and this one wasn't an exception. I liked seeing how they worked through it and finally came together.

Content: clean. I don't remember any language. No sex. some mild, non-graphic violence.

Disclaimer: I received an ARC.
Kristine
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cute and fun

I liked this book but I have to wonder if something like this could really happen. Sometimes stories are so unrealistic but then I have to say to myself, if all books were only about real life would I spend so much time reading them and realize the answer would be no. So all you authors that write clean fun books, just keep them coming and I will keep buying and reading them.
Frances Hoelsema
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was written well. I liked the flow of the story. It kept me intrigued throughout its entirety. The author did a good job showing both character's attraction to the other. It built up nicely. The only reason I didn't rate it five stars is because I felt the ending didn't pack a big punch. It was sweet and happy, but I felt there was something missing. What, exactly, I don't know. Overall, very enjoyable!
Louise Pledge
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have really enjoyed this series and even put aside a Catherine Coulter novel I was in the middle of reading for this one (and Catherine is one of my all-time favorite authors). As a rule, I don't like romance novels, but this one was special and fun to read. Of course, adding an adorable child to the story helps a lot! 😉

PS Clean and wholesome should even add one more star!
Flora W.
Mar 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Nice clean romance

I liked the premise of a divorced woman with a child meeting a new man. But while I can see how she might fall in love with him, I wasn’t quite sold on why he fell in love with her. In the end, it was not as enjoyable for me as the first 3 books in the series. Still nice though.

• How to Get Over Your Ex in Ninety Days
  • The Wife Maker (The Husband Maker, #3)
  • Falling for Rayne (Love and Flowers Trilogy, #1)
  • The Meltdown Match
  • Fair Catch
  • The Suspect's Daughter  (Rogue Hearts #4)
  • Royal Quest (The Royals of Monterra; Noble Hearts #1)
  • She's Just Right
  • Winter Collection
  • Stealing Adda
  • Mudville
  • Déjà Date (Better Date than Never #9)
  • I, Spy (Spy Another Day, #1)
  • Falling For Your Madness
  • Loyalty's Web (Poitevin Hearts, #1)
  • Welcome to Stalk Lake City (Rhea Jensen, #2)
  • Royal Brides (Royal, #3)

Married (5 books)
  • Accidentally Married (Married, #1)
  • Reluctantly Married (Married, #2)
  • Mistakenly Married (Married, #3)
  • Blissfully Married (Married, #4)