Start by marking “Roughing” as Want to Read:

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  109 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews
As the star running back for the Strickland Senators, Sebastian Prince knows what it takes to score on and off the field.

Bash has it all—money, looks, women, and the Heisman. But he can’t get the one thing he wants. Two years ago, Bash lost the only girl who ever made him feel something. And he wants her back.

Tori Reynolds hates football. But she hates Bash even more. Afte
Published August 9th 2017 by Penn Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Roughing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Roughing

Tracy *To the point Reviews*
Not sure what to say about this one. The hero, Bash was a total hottie with a heart. The heroine was Ok but difficult to like.

And here comes the rub, I didn't like the entire premise of this story. The things that went wrong between them, and the way the hero handled himself while he and the heroine were apart was... kinda gross. The fact that he kept sleeping with this really horrible girl up to when he gets his second change really didn't do it for me.

And the heroine'd handling of the big reve
Misty
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Where do I begin with my thoughts on this book? I am not a big fan of sports, especially not football, I just don’t understand it enough to like it. Going into this book after already reading her Hockey Romance novels (which by the way I also love) I wasn’t worried about the sports aspect of it. Jillian doesn’t go into to much detail about the sports side of her books. She gives you just enough without it feeling overbearing.

Roughing is a college football second chance romance told in dual POV f
Raven Avery
Aug 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Rating 3.5/5

So this is a difficult one, I’ve read a few of Ms. Quinn’s books and enjoyed them immensely, and on paper, this is the kind of book that I would definitely pick up. A sports romance with a second chance relationship…yes please.

At the start things seemed to be going well, I was getting really into the story and then it kind of lost me. I know I am probably in the minority with this but for me to really get into a second chance romance I really need to see some of the tension from the
Hannasbookobsession
{I received this ARC in exchange for an honest Review}

I Love this book so much!! Such an amazing second chance sports romance. "Roughing" is one of my Favorite second chance romance!! I Love Bash and Tori they are wonderful!!

Tori had her heart broken by Bash once and she will not let it happen again. She has manged to avoid him for a couple of years then a twist of fate has the crashing into each other again. When she ends up with a concussion Bash volunteers to help her. She doesn't want his h
Becca
description

OMG, this book! It’s one of the best second chance romances I’ve ever read, and definitely one of my favorite reads in this year! I just really, really adore Jillian Quinn’s book, and this one if my top favorite book of hers.

description

Bash and Tori’s story is uber sweet and sexy. They had a serious past, but here’s the chance to make things right.
Can they make it? Find out in Roughing!
Karin
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm a huge fan of Jillian Quinn's work and this book shows exactly why. It was sweet, humorous & steamy. A perfect second chance romance story.

Tori was beyond destroyed when her and her ex Bash broke up 2 years ago due to a horrible prank that she never let him explain. Bash never let go off Tori, he was just biding his time and protecting her from a distance until she gets knocked out by a football to the face and he's done waiting for her to let him explain!!

I loved Bashs persistence no ma
Teresa Lara
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this♡I love all the guys from Strickland .Bash and Tori story was excellent.couldnt put it down.
Jody
Two years since that fateful night when lies and jealousy broke up the dream couple has seen their lives change dramatically. But when star college football player Bash decides he can no longer live without Tori the sparks once again fly. Though they're trying to start fresh there's still lies and truths standing in the way of their HEA in this scorching and fast-paced romance of second chances.

Bash Prince is royalty in the world of football as his father is a famous former player who's amassed
Amanda
Shelves: my-favorites
"This time, he’s not just looking to score…”

First of all, who else is excited for Football Season!? It’s so close and Jillian Quinn nailed it with Roughing. A second chance sports romance you don’t want to miss!

If there’s one person Tori Reynolds wants to hate more than anything, it’s Sebastian Prince. Sure Bash is the star running back for the Strickland Senator’s, of course he has a banging body, and why wouldn’t he have the prettiest green eyes? Plus on top of all that, he’s loaded.

Bash has i
ViolinVixen
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tori and Bash had an intense romance their freshman year of college. She gave him her virginity and he gave her the world on a silver platter. It seemed their love was destined to go the distance, but when Bash seemingly betrayed Tori in the worst possible way, not only did they break up, Tori spiraled into a depression that threatened to cost her her full ride scholarship. Without it, she'd have to swallow her pride and head home. She's not like Bash with a wealthy family and a famous father, s ...more
Misty (Red's Romance Review's)
Tori Reynolds found love once, then after one drunken night it was all gone, and it hurt like hell, far more than she thought it ever could. The man she thought she would be with forever chose someone else and it was humiliating as hell, everyone on campus knew she had been passed over for someone else, that she wasn't good enough to keep the great Sebastian Prince happy. Their constant chatter behind her back, and the hurt of not having him in her life anymore damn near killed her...but with ti ...more
Heather Miller
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I did receive a free ARC copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I have read other books by Jillian and love all of her books.

In this book we have Victoria 'Tori', who is a good college student, going to and from classes. Her ex-boyfriend is one of the lead men on the football team. Tori and Sebastian 'Bash' Prince, broke up ages ago, as Tori walked in on him and another female in bed together.

Bash, is a huge running back on his college football team. He lives for football. He loved
Sharon
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I admit I have read the previous books set at Strickland U and so I felt an instant connection with these characters! I swear I had read about them in an earlier book, but I guess they are completely new.

So Bash and Tori were a couple during Freshman year….he is a football star and she is a girl in school due to a scholarship so she isn’t really part of the ‘right’ crowd. Now in their Senior year, their paths cross again and Bash finally gets a chance to try to set the record straight about thei
Stacey Adam
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I had the pleasure of receiving an ARC of this book!
I always enjoy anything that Jillian writes and this is another one that did not disappoint!
Considering she usually writes about Hockey I was really excited to read an american football book by her as I loved books based on this, even though it's not completely centred on this. It had a good balance of the sport and other aspects of the characters lives.
I completely fell in love with Tori and Bash!
They were so good for each other even when t
Sharon Jones
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jillian Quinn can do no wrong in my opinion. For a relatively new author, she sure knows how to engage the reader and keep them captivated right until the last word.
Sport Romance novels are my go-to genre. I absolutely love them. Hockey would have to be my favourite, and Jillian has written 4 exceptional books about this fantastic sport - shameless plug time - go and buy them, they are awesome and you will not be disappointed.
Following closely in second place, would be football. That this is bas
Kari Hansen
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tori is the scholarship student who was always on the fringes of the popular crowd and Bash was the sexy quarterback who was king of the college. They were dating during freshman year until he made a mistake but she ended up living with the consequences and two years later has finally reached a place where she is happy again.

Sebastian realized right away that he made a mistake but Tori was devastated by what he did so two years later he is no closer to getting her to give him a second chance. Wh
Mindy
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A very sweet second chance story. Bash and Tori dated early in their college years, falling in love but they had obstacles tearing them apart. Tori worked hard for her scholarship to go to Strickland U while Bash was a trust fund baby and his father's name would have open doors if not for the fact that he was a natural at football. His life was that of fame and fans, hers was one of more quiet studious life. After their special night together she found another girl in his bed the next day, shock ...more
Rachel Blomberg
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love Jillian Quinn books. This one is about a football star with the last name of Prince who had a girl by the name of Victoria that was his Queen. There was a huge misunderstanding and his Queen left her prince along with losing her scholarship due to medical reasons because of the breakup. Prince didn't want his Queen to be dropped out of school paid for her scholarship so that she could stay in school but kept it hidden from her even though she hated him. A freak accident with the football ...more
Teresa Juckett
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow is all I can say about this amazing book.This book is about the best I've read for a 2nd chance book. It will suck you in from start to finish and you'll be flipping the pages to hurry up to get to the end. The more I read of Jillians book's the more I'm falling in love with them. She is such a fantastic storyteller.I very much recommend getting this book. Even though the story is about Sebastian (Bash) a football player when after a misunderstanding loses Victoria (Tori) the only girl he's ...more
A Booklover's Haven
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As always Jillian Quinn has a winner here with this book!
Roughing was every bit of a swoon-worthy and sexy second chance romance.This author has a way with drawing you into her stories and making you fall in love with her captivating characters.

Bash is famous,rich,hot and a football player.And also Tori's ex-boyfriend.

Life has never been easy for Tori who has to struggle hard at every point of her life.
And now at this most crucial moment of her life,she does not need her ex flame to distract her
Stephanie Ditmore
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed and advanced reader copy of this book. Another amazing book from Jillian! I don’t know how this woman does it, but she does it and brings it every time. I’m a huge fan of second chance romance so this book was right up my alley. This book is filled with lust, heartbreak, a love hate relationship with Bash, but the heart wants what it wants and Bash wants Tori back. He betrayed her while they were together and broke her heart, leaving her heading in a downward spiral and le ...more
Stephanie
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Tori & Bash's story!

Tori is just trying to ignore her ex boyfriend Bash and get through the rest of her senior year of college. I liked Tori. She was stubborn and hard headed and full of spunk!

Bash never got over his ex Tori. She is the queen to his Prince Charming. I really liked Bash especially when he went the extra mile with Tori to prove that he was different.

This is the first book that I have read by Jillian Quinn and it definitely won't be my last! A great read!

Andrea
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Roughing is a great second chance romance! Bash is cute and sexy and Tori is trying her best to ignore him and resist the attraction she still has for him. Bash is trying to explain what happened to cause their break up but Tori isn't having it. Something happens that causes them to spend the weekend together and Tori can't deny the attraction much longer. I love the chemistry between Bash and Tori. You can't help but root for Bash even though Tori is still angry with him. The feels are strong w ...more
Ida Jolley
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Roughing

Another good book from Jillian Quinn. Bash the football player and Tori the girl was got away. Bash was the usual guy who came from money, had all the girls chasing him, football player, but couldn't get the girl who meant so much to him. Tori spent her time avoiding Bash because he broke her heart once before and she refused to let him do it again. After a football game things changed between them both. Time to be honest with each other and show each other some compassion. It was a swee
Veronica LaRoche
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Omg I love this book. If you love second chance romance books then one-click now. Bash & Tori were meant to be until Bash did the unthinkable. Years pass and all Bash wants is Tori and will try to win her back. What Tori has been through will tear at your heartstrings. You will love/hate Bash but when everything is out in the open you will definitely want Bash too become your next bbf. This book will suck you in the moment you start reading. Another amazing 5 star read that I couldn't put do ...more
Book-Lovin-Momma
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was an engaging story about trying to make it in a world that's ruled by the affluent and snobby. I know Bash truly loved Tori, but at times his actions belied his words. Harper was a skank, and I was rooting for something to happen to her! This story had me all mixed up, wanting to knock some sense into certain people! The story flowed well, my only thought was I wondered what happened with Jessica. Maybe an extended epilogue is coming. :)

I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of t
Amanda Pierce
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bash and Tori were together freshman year but misunderstandings and other people tore them apart.
Bash may be a spoiled rich kid and top football star but he's always had to work to show Tori how much she means to him. Will Tori give Bash a second chance?
This is my new favorite book!! I absolutely loved Bash and Tori!! Would love to read more on what happens to them!! 💖💖💖💖
I voluntarily received an ARC for an honest review.
Gladys
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Roughing by Jillian Quinn is a great book. This sexy and emotional second chance romance is a joy to read. I loved Tori and Bash. Their story is full of love, passion, mistakes, pain , betrayal and forgiveness. This book entertains you and engages your emotions very well. I highly recommend this book to all fans of emotional, spicy romance. I am posting an honest review after reading an ARC copy of this book.
Ree
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I expected to enjoy this novel from Ms. Quinn, and I did. The book is light on the sports aspect and heavier on the romance side, with a good dose of drama. I wished for more things to be explained, though. I felt that there were a few loose ends.

I like that Bash seized his opportunity for a second chance with Tori with both hands and did everything in his power to help her see that they were made for each other.

I voluntarily read & reviewed an ARC of this book, and recommend it.
Erica Wyrick
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED Bash! From the very beginning he grabs your attention & you realize that he is so much more than what everyone thinks of him. I loved the dynamic between him & Tori. I thought it was great that even though you jump right into their relationship when the book begins you aren't told every detail. There is still so much to learn as the book continues & it's deliciously drama filled! A perfect 2nd chance romance!
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Jillian Quinn is the international bestselling romance author of the Face-Off Series, the upcoming Men of Honor Series, as well as other sexy, sporty standalone romances.

Jillian loves sports, bad boys, dirty talkers, strong females, and books with plenty of heat—all of which you will find in her books. As a lover of all things bookish, she has a serious book hoarding problem and runs a blog in her
More about Jillian Quinn...