Start by marking “Something Else” as Want to Read:
Something Else

Something Else

Elle never believed she’d have it all, but she kind of does.

She’s got a fantastic job, a gorgeous apartment, and a smoking hot French boyfriend who trips over himself to cater to her every desire.

Sure, she never saw herself getting married, but she’s starting to think Jackson might be the man to change her mind. However, when her boyfriend’s dominating mother
100 pages
Published July 18th 2017 by Limitless

To ask other readers questions about Something Else, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Something Else

Start your review of Something Else
Deborah
Jul 12, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5*

I read Something Borrowed by this author and really enjoyed Elle's sarcastic humour, the only reason I didn't love the book was Elle was a Domme and hot sexy Jackson begging to come was just too much for me.

But this book I couldn't resist, Elle's sarcasm vs Jackson's mother, I know who my money's on.

Knowing Elle from the previous book I have to say this wasn't quite the book I expected. I assumed it would start with Valeraine arriving and it would be her a
❤️ Paulette  Alphas Review

Title: ➳Something Else
Author: ➳Eve Dangerfield

➦Once you get past the Australian slang, Great sequel for Something Borrowed.

➦Now 2 years later we find Elle & Jackson living together, as you might remember in Something Borrowed Elle dominating presence in the bedroom with Jackson. But she also had anger issues

➦Let’s just say that Elle anger issues were under control in this book. But Elle dominating presence in the bedroom with Jackson had grew strong
Stacey is Sassy
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
It's definitely worth checking out Something...

In Eve Dangerfield's Acknowledgements, she thanks her readers for taking a risk on her books that push against romance readers boundaries (or something like that). Well, I'd like to thank her back, for pushing me past my boundaries and helping me enjoy it.

Something Else takes us on a little trip to catch up with Elle and Jackson from Something Borrowed. Both Elle and Jackson are still blissfully in love and now living happily together. But...there is something evil heading their way. Th
Paige
5 "Favorite Couple" Stars

I just LOVE these two. Love them. In this novella follow up to Something Borrowed, Elle and Jackson are blissfully in love and living out their HEA. At least until Jackson's mother comes to town. Now these two are put to the test and they find out what an HEA really means.

I just love Eve Dangerfield. I love how her brain works. I love her world building. And I love love love her characters. They are different than the average making them so much m
Kay (❦ ᴗ ❦ ✿) BooksandMe

Rating:

“Stripped of all her other roles, the woman in the mirror was primal, powerful, and yeah, beautiful.”

Eve Dangerfield is an author I would say "Hell, yeah!" or more like "Yasssssss!" without knowing what I'm getting myself into. So seriously speaking, this book is like a treat as much as a surprise for me.

Rating:

Something Else is the sequel to Something Borrowed. So better read that one first before diving into this because, seriously, you wouldn't appreciate nor enjoy this book if you don't.

In here, we see a different Elle. But I love how different she is because her character showed how her relationship with Jackson have made her better. More importantly, it didn't need a lot of character build up even though this is a short read. And Jackson Proveaux, oh la la!

I thoroughly enjoyed this story! We get a glimpse of the events leading to the inevitable marriage and how Jackson proposed! As I said, this book is definitely a treat! It also is refreshing since mostly we read about horrible MIL (mother in law) or future and they are either forgotten, or the sweet ones. But a play by play? *shudders*

To Eve, kudos! Another sexy book and another refreshing read! If you haven't read her, I recommend you should check her out!

Omo!

Check my review for Something Borrowed.

Check out my blog here:

G.
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Something Else is dessert for everyone who read Something Borrowed and wanted more of Elle and Jackson. If you haven't read Something Borrowed, but angry heroines laying down sexytimes rules to heroes are your jam, what are you waiting for? No, really. It is fun. It is sexy. Most importantly, it is refreshing. You will not regret it. GO READ IT. I’ll wait here. With dessert.

Done? ‘kay.

Yes, after two years it was undeniable; she and Jackson had found a priceless black pearl in the shitheap of life. They were meant
Sparklybearsy¤°.¸¸.•´¯`»
3.5 freaking monster in law from hell stars

My god. Picture the worst mother in law you can think of then double it.. then add a dash of annoying haughty bitch.. then you have Jackson's mum.

This little short nugget was centered around Elle and Jackson after their hate-love affair from Something Borrowed it's two years into their relationship now and the monster in law is staying with them. Ugh, what a horrid woman, she really ruined my enjoyment *lol* and then you have Jackson, this absolutely delicious Fr
 Mary~❤️~DBO
4.5 STARS
This novella is the continuation of Elle and Jackson's story, a few years later from Something Borrowed. They are a happy couple, living together and in love. But the storm will hit the paradise. Jackson really loves Elle. He wants more, but he is afraid to show her...He knows her too well.
❤YmM❤
Jackson's mother left him and his father when he was a boy and moved to France. She never came back and never care about him and his father. She got married in France and had 2 other kids. She always kept in touchwell.
Heli - So Many Books - So Little Time
Great sequel for Something Borrowed. Elle and Jackson have been together two years and everything is wonderful. Then Jackson’s sly drama queen mother comes visit…

As always I loved this author’s writing style, it’s very fluent and well written, almost like I was there. It was great visit Elle and Jackson and see that they really got their HEA after the difficulties (ie the mother!)
Loved this novella! I recommend! And ”Something Borrowed” too!

* I received the ARC from the author in e
Jessica
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So funny and sweet, some of the best lines I've ever read in a Dangerfield novel.
I can't wait for the next full-length novel (or the Taunt sequel!) but I loved this book!
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Check out this and my other reviews at My Blog, Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Pinterest

Copy received from author in exchange for an honest review

★Book Basics★

Genre : - Contemporary Romance
Series : - 2nd in the series
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (view spoiler)
HEA? - (view spoiler)
Would I read more by thisspoiler)]

spoiler)]

★Bookclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Christine
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
A deliciously ragey, sexy treat for fans of Elle and Jackson from Something Borrowed. This was the maniacally mad, funny and tender epilogue of all epilogues, answering that question for the ages: Can you have a HEA when you effing hate his mother?

The author was a new discovery for me last year and this year, I have also discovered that no one writes rage and control issues quite like Eve Dangerfield. I would read a whole series by her about ragey, touchy, bossy, unapologetic women who just want what th
Eve Dangerfield
May 06, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Currently free on Amazon boyyyy! <3
Stacey Broadbent
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Eeeeek! I loved this! Something Else is the follow on to Something Borrowed and gives us a glimpse into Ellie and Jackson's future.

It's a quick read, but still has that heat and intensity that Eve Dangerfield is so good at bringing! She certainly has a knack for writing this genre, because daaaaaaaamn!

Now, aside from the super sexy times, there's also a bit of drama, and that drama is in the form of Jackson's mother. Man, she is a piece of work, that's for sure. Having come for a vis
C. Erani Kole
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shoutouts
*voluntarily and honestly reviewed the ARC I received from the author*

LOOOOVE. The novel that first gave me Elle and Jackson really made me love the couple because of their love-hate relationship that only escalated at her bff's wedding week, and Elle was a refreshing heroine to read about when it came to her slight anger issues and dominating presence in the bedroom. She was hysterical in Something Borrowed, and Something Else- despite being less than half the size of the novel -onl
Treena Ross - Rockstar Book Muse
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Sexy Romance Readers
4.5 STARS

Well I love this author and her work. She really does push some boundaries and for that I will always be a fan,

Something ele gives us a great well written wonderful story that gets us all caught up with Elle and Jackson.

Yes I love Elle from the very beginning in Something Borrowed and I love her even more on this one. Jackson and her are fabulous together. This book brings on the MIL from hell and gives Elle a run for her money but you have to read th
Tim James Clancy
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Funny and cute, just like it's author. I know I'm not meant to say that anymore but #noregrets
Matthew
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Short and sweet,
A great continuation from Something Borrowed with Elle and Jackson's return in style
Mandy Desay
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
A Short and Sweet quick read that picks up after Something Borrowed. Jackson and Elle are more in love than ever and are now living together. But when Jackson's mother comes to stay she proves to be the Mother in Law from hell. It starts to put their relationship under strain, and they have to fight hard for their relationship.

A quick Sultry and Sexy read with plenty of evil mother in law moments, this woman is really the mother in law from hell. A very enjoyable read.

Kimberly / Love Notes Book Blog
Shelves: arc
4 stars! This was a good book! This novella is the continuation of Elle and Jackson's story. It is now a few years down the road from the story that took place in Something Borrowed. The couple has settled into life, living together, happy and in love. But then, Jackson's evil mother comes for an extended visit. This wicked woman is out to break up the couple and really puts their relationship to the test. But their love for each other never wavers and they prove that in the way deal with the si ...more
Ria -  Reading Is Our Satisfaction
Sexy, steamy, hot.....and then the Mother-In-Law arrives

I love Elle and Jackson in SOMETHING BORROWED. So, when given the chance to read another story with these two wonderful characters, there was simply no way i was going to turn that one down. SOMETHING ELSE lived up to all of my expectations, it was humorous, witty, sexy, tearful, but above all it was another brilliant piece of writing from Ms Dangerfield.

SOMETHING ELSE is a short novel that brings in the dramas of the mother-i
Carolyn's
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Loved! Jackson and Elle's love story in Something Borrowed was quite the "trip" (destination wedding trip LOL) and this follow-up novella was "CRAZY"! Great writing Eve Dangerfield .

Elle and Jackson are hosting Jackson's mother and she has completely overstayed her welcome. Elle's strength is highlighted in her amazing ability to keep her mouth shut and not slap the living day lights out of the woman. Anyone who has ever had to deal with a mother-in-law who clearly didn't think you were good en
Catherine Bibby (Rochelle's Reviews)
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review

After reading Something Borrowed, the beginning of Elle and Jackson's story, I couldn't wait to climb back on the saddle and experience their brand of kink once again in Something Else. It wasn't long until Eve Dangerfield had me wrapped up in their teacher/student fantasy and their angst with Jackson's mother.

Elle Sahlstrom has me just as fascinated with her strong “domme” persona and her fragile inner beauty as she did in Something Borrowed.
Hibby Musé
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am soo happy Jackson and Elle got a novella. I fell in love with them and their umconventional love in Something Borrowed.
This novella picks up years after their best friends wedding and brings new challenges ahead, one in the form of an evil french monster in law.

I've said it before and i will say it again, i freaking love the heroines that Eve writes. They kick ass!! This novella was short and sweet, just perfect.

I recommend you to read Something Borrowed before you
Darcy
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Jackson and Ellie are made for one another and this book only improves on that!
Romance is my Jam||Victoria
Remember Elle and that gorgeous Frenchman Jackson from Something Borrowed? This is a delicious little novella follow on showing their lives two years later living together when the mother in law visits.

Omg. I'm, so glad the mother in law is fictional, she is possibly the worst mother in law I've ever read about ( brilliantly written, I adore a great antagonist to hate and Eve delivers this perfectly ) she has a somewhat redeeming at the end ( you have to squint to see it ) What kind
Rock Hard Romance
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, reviewed
This takes place in the time from the end of and Epilogue to Something Borrowed,so it makes sense to have read it before this novella,so you have an idea of who Elle and Jackson are-and the nature of their relationship.I did enjoy this much like I did with the previous book,there was still DUAL POV,some hot scenes between both character's,which resulted in an amusing 'caught in the act',with Jackson's mother-who has outstayed her welcome in their home.The frustrations that Elle has,along with in ...more
Heather Jasinski
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I would recommend reading Something Borrowed first before this .

Elle and Jackson like to role play. His mom is staying with him and that interferes with his life. Elle doesn't like it. Elle been called crazy all her life, she likes to be in charge.

This was a short read. The only thing is while reading I noticed words that needed spaces between them and got in touch with Eve about it. Overall a quick read!
Plot-4/5
Characters-4.5/5
Heat-4.5/5
Writing Style- 3.5/5
Overal
Louise
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this short but sweet insight into the amazingness that is Elle and Jackson's relationship
Molly Holly
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Is it bad I just want another Jackson and Elle novella right now?
Loved this one...
Eve Dangerfield has loved romance novels since she first started swiping her grandmother’s paperbacks. Now she writes her own sexy tales about complex women and gorgeous-but-slightly-tortured men. Her work has been described as ‘the defibrillator contemporary romance needs right now,’ and not by herself, or even her mum, but OTHER PEOPLE.
Eve lives in Melbourne with her boy and a bunch of semi-dea