Start by marking “Political Justice (Marc Kadella Legal Mystery #7)” as Want to Read:
Political Justice (Marc Kadella Legal Mystery #7)

Political Justice

(Marc Kadella Legal Mystery #7)

A politically ambitious couple will stop at nothing to obtain the presidency. He is a popular governor of a western state. A philanderer, but charming, good-looking, charismatic, a dream candidate. Thomas Jefferson Carver is a capable administrator and attracts sycophants like moths to a flame. People willing to sacrifice themselves and anyone who opposes him.
Darla Bunton
Published October 1st 2017

To ask other readers questions about Political Justice, please sign up.
Lani Rounds I’ve never read any of them and I’m quite enjoying this one.

Tulay
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
House of Cards!

This story reminded me House of Cards from the beginning. 90% of the characters are corrupt, narcissist, others trying to find the truth. Sometimes because of the barriers put in front of them having hard time. If it's not bad enough now, we might even have this plot on the headlines one day.
Susan Hampson
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thomas Jefferson Carver has Hollywood film star looks and the charisma to charm the pants off almost any woman that he desires. He also has a wife that is power obsessed and will let nothing get in her way or stop them getting into the Whitehouse, with herself being First Lady and her husband of course President of the United States.
When the campaign is in full swing an accidental over dose of a young woman in Carver’s bed threatens to end the dream and turn it into a political nightmare. The th
Chandra Claypool (wherethereadergrows)
3.5 stars! Rounding up for Goodreads.

Admittedly, I'm not the biggest fan of political thrillers, or anything political really.  I am, however, a fan of Smith Publicity so when they sent me this book, I figured it was highly likely a good one.  I wasn't wrong!

The book reads at a fast pace with a highly motivated political couple who will stop at nothing to get what they want.  Darla is especially devious and will barrel through anything that gets in her way.  I absolutely despised her as a pers
Jim A
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
My first novel by this author but it certainly won't be the last.

The indication that this is a legal thriller is misleading. Although there is a trial involved, actually a military court martial, the real story is about political ambition, corruption and cover ups. This story covers a period of 12 years, or so, and two presidential administrations. Centers around the presidential ambitions of the wife of the newly elected president, who just happens to be a philanderer. Sound familiar? The wife
Coco.V
Aug 09, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝FREE on Amazon today (8/9/2018)!💝

Blurb:
Darla Bunton Carver is the political brains behind their rise to power. Amoral and single-minded
Una Tiers
Sep 16, 2018 rated it liked it
With a slow plodding start, the author burdens the reader with fragments of the story. He overuses the word 'excellent.'
His formatting needs attention. And his arrogant attacks on reviewers is just narcissistic.
Katrina Brown
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
No Justice

Every bias revealed. Doesn't like women unless there second class and beautiful. Can't be in charge. Could go on and on but ain't worth it. Kids mentioned once in six books.
Pam Hartfiel vansickle
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Marc Kadella stories

These were very enlightening. I hope you keep writing more. The characters have become like family. Keep the series going please!
Jessica
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Thanks to Smith Publicity for the advanced copy in exchange for my honest review.

Are you a fan of political thrillers? Are you a fan of House of Cards? Well, POLITICAL JUSTICE by Dennis Carstens is about a politically ambitious couple and they're going to stop at nothing to reach their goal - the presidency. I was really excited to see this was by a fellow Minnesotan, and I'll always love a good political thriller or some political fiction.

Enter the politically cut throat couple that is Thomas
Margaret Duke-Wyer
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
We have all read (or seen) stories like this before. A politician that is morally corrupt who is an unrepentant philanderer and his ambitious, scheming wife. Here we are introduced to charismatic Governor Thomas Jefferson Carver and his wife Darla Bunton Carver who will stop at nothing, or let no-one get in the way of her lust to become the first woman President of the USA – not even the fact that her husband is involved in the death of a young woman.

I really enjoy books like this, full of intri
Dr. Simone J. Simone
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
True Political Justice

Dennis Carstens, you are such a phenomenally good writer that even reading your grocery list would be a feast of entertainment. You provided so much legal information in these seven books that I'm practically ready to sit for the bar exam. Your writing is exemplary. You built realistic characters who are multi dimensional and appealing. The writing is indescribably engaging with the actions very ski!!fully woven into a brilliantly contrived story. Please hurry with the next
Jaime
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you like House of Cards, you will like this book. It is full of the behind the scenes corruption of elected officials.
It is a fast read since the author keeps you wanting to turn the page.
The author starts out by giving you one story, then moves on to more and eventually brings them all together.
Tom and Darla are a highly motivated political couple who don't seem to care who the ruin or their way to the White House. We get to meet each of the people whose lives have been taken or ruined in
Andrea
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read

I really enjoyed this book as I have the previous six in the series. It is quite a thought provoking story of what some people not just who have money but also power could be capable of, got me thinking anyway ;). The story is really well written and explains any legal phrases etc., In a quick concise way. As for the end I do think it was the right way for things to happen. Thank you Mr Carstens for another great book , I am now going to start book 8, can't wait 😊
Jean McCulloch
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Swamp creatures?

This book moved along quickly. Lots of info in the first half. I wondered how it was going to tie together. The author brought it together in an intriguing thriller. The politicians were ruthless in their drive to gain the next political prize. It illustrates how their quest for money, fame, power was foremost in their lives at the expense of the very people they were to represent. Lives of those that got in the way were cast away without any regard. Shows politicians at their wo
Laura Tancredi
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Engaging and Riveting

Best novel I have read in a very long time. I compared the Carvers to the Clintons. Although I don't know if it was intentional on the author's part, the charisma and philandering of Tom Carver and the strong power hungry greed of Darla Carvers, ran parallel to the Clintons in my mind. A must read for anyone hoping there is true justice in our great country.
michael pilgrim
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
even if you are a democrat, you will like this one!

this exciting book was almost a biography of a certain presidential family, only the names have been changed to protect the Guilty! I found three events that were placed in the wrong century (1990 not 2001). the geography was good,weather accurate, and spells were binding! it was hard to put down to get some sleep! read it and see if you agree! thanks Dennis Cardenas for a great book!
Linda
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I recommend the book.
I did not hold much hope for liking this book until I passed the mid point. I really wanted to know how the characters would get out of their fine mess. The author delivered my quest, but I am not totally, one hundred per cent satisfied that the end was probable or possible except in the author's mind. The book, a legal mystery/thriller, made me try to match fictitious characters with real people. The author's writing mechanics were good.

Thank you, Mr. Carstens, for a good r
Boots S
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
A good story, covering quite a bit of ground. Details of military court martial rules. Nice ending - all points covered.

A politically ambitious couple will stop at nothing to obtain the presidency. Tom Carver becomes President and his wife, Darla wants to be the next first female president to follow him.
Judy
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous!!!

I have read every one of these "Justice" books that I have found and they are all great. I am not going to give away anything about Political Justice, except to say it is the best so far! I loved every bit of it, and highly recommend it to any one who likes to read. Enjoy!
Lynette Parker
Dec 13, 2018 rated it liked it
This book has a decent story line. The courtroom scenes were sharp and well written. However, I found other parts of the book didn't flow as well and were often repetitive. It seemed as though the author was trying to hard to convince me of one thing or another and just needed to let it go to make the story move along more smoothly and at a better pace.
GW
Aug 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Political justice

This was a very "long winded" book. The beginning portion seemed disjointed without the pieces and parties being tied together until much later in the book. This resulted in numerous characters that were difficult to keep track of. Though the story was ok, I didn't care much for the book. An ok read but not one i would recommend to a friend.
Jim
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
A two term President and his power obsessed wife try to mold America into their vision and profit making venture. Along the way death, murder, setups and other political corruptions ensue. I enjoyed reading this political mystery/thriller and recommend it to anyone who likes these types of stories. Thumbs Up!
Keith Withers
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Extraordinary drama, mystery and suspense

A top shelf book which encompasses all the major aspects that make an awe inspiring nivel. Thoroughly entertaining whilst glueing the reader to their seat throughout. A book not to be missed. Delighted to recommend to anyone and look forward to enjoying morebooks in the series by this author
Beth McGee
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Spellbinding

The plot of this political mystery is so plausible as to be scary. The scenarios are just too real for comfort. Timely, and probably timeless, this work can be related to current political situations leaving the reader wondering about the reality of our political system as most Americans know it.
Thomas Lennek
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kept me up at night.

Tightly plotted thriller, populated with political operatives and power and vote hungry, greedy politicians of the worst ilk. Conclusion was satisfying but the trip was disturbing.
Paula Hall
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome Legal Novel

Dennis Carstens has done it again, written a page turning novel. I have read every book he has written and look forward to his next book. I gave it 5 stars because it deserved it!!!
Abbie
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Superb story

Treason, political intrigue, sex and drugs. What a way to start a book. Dennis Carstens stretches his literary muscle in this book and proves himself a heavyweight. This book was a page turner.
barbara
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not a lover of political reading but really enjoyed the book and story line soo much corruption which is how it goes in politics love the gem Tony did towards the end great read the books get better as you go or more involved .
Mervin O'Sullivan
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a wonderful read. Dennis Carstens writes some great novels using Marc Kadella as a character. After reading several of his books I have found them thrilling, entertaining and at times I could not put my Kindle down.
Well done Dennis!!
Nice little twist at the end.
Sharon
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Well written thriller with a cast of characters that could be plucked from the news. There is intrigue, espionage, murder, political corruption, and investigative/legal activities. Political Justice provides readers a multi-faceted 4 star read.
  • False Dawn (Jake Lassiter #3)
  • The Stalking Man
  • Guaranteed Justice (Lorne Simpkins, #5)
  • The Night Spider (Night #3)
  • The Exonerated Trilogy
  • Death Votes Last (Jeff Trask Crime Drama Series, #5)
  • The Whistleblower Onslaught
  • The Advocate's Homicides (The Advocate #8)
  • Bagmen
  • Blood Money
  • Jane Doe 235
  • The Absence of Guilt (Scott Fenney, #3)
  • FINAL ARGUMENT
  • Bubba and the Missing Woman (Bubba Snoddy, #3)
  • At All Costs
  • Burnout (Jessie Black Legal Thrillers, #1)
Dennis Carstens was born in Worthington, MN, and has lived most of his life in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. He received a BA from the University of Minnesota and his J.D. from a highly respected private law school, William Mitchell, in St. Paul. A veteran of the U.S. Air Force and a retired trial lawyer, Carstens brings these life experiences to his fiction for a dose of realism an ...more

Marc Kadella Legal Mystery (9 books)
  • The Key to Justice (Marc Kadella Legal Mystery #1)
  • Desperate Justice (Marc Kadella Legal Mystery, #2)
  • Media Justice (Marc Kadella Legal Mystery #3)
  • Certain Justice (Marc Kadella Legal Mystery #4)
  • Personal Justice (Marc Kadella Legal Mystery #5)
  • Delayed Justice (Marc Kadella Legal Mystery #6)
  • Insider Justice (Marc Kadella Legal Mystery #8)
  • Exquisite Justice (Marc Kadella Legal Mystery #9)