Start by marking “Resurgence (Blood Of The Custodians, #1)” as Want to Read:
Resurgence (Blood Of The Custodians, #1)

Resurgence

(Blood of the Custodians #1)

This steamy, fast-paced paranormal romance by Sharonlee Holder is perfect for fans of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward and Sacrificed to the Dragon by Jessie Donovan.

Published August 22nd 2017 by Changing Tides Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Resurgence, please sign up.
Sharonlee Holder Huge apologies for only responding now to your question. For some reason, it didn't show up until now :(

In reply: While the Resurgence does end on a…more

In reply: While the Resurgence does end on a bit of a cliff hanger, there is definitely an HEA :)(less)

Start your review of Resurgence (Blood Of The Custodians, #1)
Coco.V
Apr 21, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (4/21/2018)!

Blurb:
The last thing Antara remembers about yesterday was her piece of crap car breaking down in the middle of the road, and a too-sexy-for-his-own-good stranger offering his assistance. Neither explains why she woke up naked in his bed, nor why she feels sicker than she's ever been in her life.
Caught in the grips of a terrible fever, nothing's making much sense to Antara. There are only two things she's fairly certain about. One—the unearthly hot stranger's
Nikki
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Full review and more on Read and Wander and my BookstagramI received this book for free from the author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
My Thoughts
Wowza. I have been in YA land way too long. It has been a while since I have read an adult romance and Resurgence does not disappoint. Resurgence is a steamy paranormal debut with hot Greek Gods and a fierce, moody heroine you can't help but to love. I grew up fascinated with
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Cranky Stars

Honey, I can hear the heavenly angels singing!! (or maybe just the gospel choir from the storefront down the street).

If you are a fan of Greek and Roman mythology then you are going to love this series!! I was a total mythology nerd in school so I was GREEKED to find these same gods in this story (see what I did there???)

Okay, let's get into it! This is the first novel in a series and and the basic assumption is that you, the reader, have at least a rudimentary knowledge of the
Emily (Mrs B's Books)

Wow, just wow. This is a new to me author and i am really glad that i took a chance on reading this book.

This book is based on the Gods living today in modern Cape Town, but calling themselves slightly different names. For example Eros calls himself Ross, Andy Pollo is Apollo and Damien Ares is Ares.

We meet many characters and the plot goes very quickly and the attraction and chemistry between Antara and Eros/Ross
J.D. Dexter
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. I'm a high-level book consumer, reading between 15-25 books a month. I require realistic characters, snappy dialogue, genre-believable scenarios, and healthy doses of sarcasm. Sharonlee delivered on all criteria. Her main characters, Antara and Ross, are not only believable, but relatable.

Antara is a fiesty, take-no-crap caterer who is trying to get her life back together after her mom passes away from cancer. On her way to an interview, her car breaks down in the middle of
Janelle Michie
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sharonlee Holder is a wordsmith of note. Her first novel Resurgence, begins the intriguing tale of Greek gods who escaped the destruction of Olympus; some of which now live in South Africa. From Eros, god of love and desire, to Apollo, god of healing and the arts, Ares, god of war, Diana, goddess of the hunt, and of course Murphy, bastard son of Hades. Her main female character Antara, is a leggy, feisty blonde who takes Eros on and tames his heart.

The story line propels the characters from
Sonia
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
New to me author and book on Greek Mythology.This book really grabs you from first to last page. Well written,steamy,fast-paced and lots of funny moments thrown in. There are a few grammar errors but nothing major. Steamy hot greek gods disguised as sexy hot modern day humans. Ross AKA EROS tries to help out Antara a human/hybrid (she has no idea about the hybrid part) and she wants no part of his help. Great supporting characters that make you wanna continue to next book.
Dorothy Ewels
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!
Rachel de la Fuente
Resurgence was another fun departure from my typical books. It’s been a while since I was in my Greco-Roman mythology phase, but I read enough of it at the time that I recognized nearly all of the characters presented in Resurgence. I really enjoyed their modern day incarnations, and look forward to seeing how their bonds strengthen and develop in Renegade.

Murphy was an interesting “extra” from outside the Greco-Roman pantheon. I’m curious to see if his experiment will bear fruit. I would have
Sarah Goulding
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book is amazing and pulls you in right from the outset. Dragged into a world of Custodians, Antara is left with the ultimate decision: carry on life as normal or leave it all behind and sacrifice all for love.

Fantastically written, this book takes you on the ultimate rollercoaster ride of events and emotional reactions. I loved Resurgence so much that I am rating it 5 stars and I can't wait to find out what happens next in Renegade.
Pamela
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
God's of Olympus Rewritten

I like the story of the God's of Olympus written in modern times. No Zeus or Mt. Olympus. The God's, now known as Custodians, lead normal human type lives and are battling the Fates and I unknown others to regain power over their mortality. Antara finds herself in love with Eros and all hell breaks loose.
Chrissi
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! I was sucked into a world where mythology meets modern day. The characters are definitely loveable, some more than others, and the storyline moves at a fairly fast pace. There are twists and turns, secrets revealed, chemistry and tension-as they learn who can be trusted and who is a danger to them. I immediately purchased the 2nd book and cannot wait to get stuck into it.
Katie
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This review was copied from my romance novel review blog: romanticallyinclinedreviews.blogspot.com

Everyone who follows my reviews knows that I’m a huge fan of Gena Showalter’s Lord of the Underworld series which is a very entertaining (and hot) take on Greek Mythology. So, I was particularly excited to read the first book in Sharonlee Holder’s Blood of the Custodian’s series, Resurgence, which also follows the Greeks but in a totally unique way.

Blurb: It's been a thousand years since the Fates
Cheryl
Mar 04, 2019 rated it liked it
It was ok

I liked parts of the book and skimmed other parts. The book was long, I just felt like there was too much going on. A lot of characters and switching all over the place.

At this time not interested in book 2.
Diane Dudzik
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an amazing inaugural novel by Sharonlee Holder. There are many paranormal books in the market but none address the modern world, South Africa OR Greek Mythology in the way she does.

The world she writes is a rich tapestry of plot, story, background, suspense, romance and chemistry. You are drawn to South Africa, the descriptions of the locale, the people, colors and culture. We all learned Greek mythology in school and there are books and movies about the subject but learning these gods and
Diane Dudzik
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Charlene Namdhari
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I recently finished Resurgence by Sharonlee Holder and let me just say: what a ride. First off, this is not my usual genre. Watching a paranormal movie is more my comfort level but I decided what the heck let me give it a try.
An amazing read and I’m glad I delved in. Greek Mythology with a South Africa setting. What more can I say. Who doesn’t love a god with chiseled features and mouthwatering abs?
What do you get when you pitch an arrogant alpha hero or god against a beautiful strong, sassy
Lucinda
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very different

I found this to be a great new take on the Greek and Norse gods. They're the custodians and protectors humans - or they're supposed to be, but some of them want to rule them again. Antara and Ross (Eros) are the first... I recommend the series.
Kitt
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely LOVED this book! Sharonlee Holder has created a fantastical world of Greek mythology set in modern day South Africa. The story is exciting and fast paced and reels you in from the first page. The heroine Antara is a sharp-tongued no-nonsense badass and Ross... Well... So HoTTT! Apart from all the drool worthy Greek Gods, this book is exhilarating and funny (loved all the witty one-liners and come backs) and sad and certainly steamy! Holder has clearly spent years on research and ...more
Stephanie
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow....just wow. I don't even know where to begin. It has been a long time since I've found a paranormal romance that has captured my attention like "Resurgence" has. It has love, it has action, steamy sex scenes and Greek mythology! I'm absolutely in love with this book. I was hooked from the moment I opened to page one. The characters are well rounded, the scenes are incredibly written and I just love the world we are dipping our toes in. I'll admit that at first I wasn't sure how I would feel ...more
Marie Pedrick
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the story of Antara a young woman living in South Africa as she's thrust into a world of myths and gods that turns out to be real! Not only is it real but only she can find the weapon needed to end a war that's been raging unseen by humans for thousands of years. Follow her as she learns and loves in this hidden world she never knew existed let alone belonged to.
A wonderful love story entwined within myths and legends we all grew up with spun in a different way.
I'd definitely recommend
Renae Smith
This novel was my favorite from a Book Battle challenge I did on my website. Check it out: https://goo.gl/LgBWct

The story is set in South Africa, which I thought was awesome. I don't think I've ever read something set there before. And the hero is Cupid! I loved this! I enjoyed Holder's take on mythology, and am totally looking forward to reading the next one in the series. This was a page turner for sure. It gripped me right away and kept me hooked. That's the most important part of a book for
Greg Dixon
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Resurgence blood of the custodians

A good read for people who are in to the series recommend highly can't wait for the next one of the series a really enjoyable read but quick shaping up to be a enjoyable series must read the next one of the series
Jacqueline
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome Book

This book was so good and the romance was very steamy. I would definitely read this again! Now a fave of mine. Can’t wait until next book comes out.
Michelle Weitzmann
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Interesting

Really cool use of mythology ,loved the storyline and the melding of last and present, looking forward to the next installment
Nicole
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, paranormal, romance
Gorgeous Greek Gods in contemporary South African society. It works surprisingly well.
Marisa
Jul 24, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
First book that i have tried from this author. Especially enjoyed the Greek Gods and the joburg setting.
Nicola Griffiths
May 29, 2018
Rebecca
Jul 04, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• Once Bitten (Netherworld #1)
  • Crown of Death (Crown of Death #1)
  • Dire (The Dire Wolves Chronicles, #1)
  • Dose Vidanya (Silver Hills Cozy Mysteries #1)
  • January in Atlantis (Poseidon's Warriors, #1)
  • Dead Eye (Tiger's Eye Mystery, #1)
  • Mated to the Dragon King (Dragongrove, #1)
  • Crossroads of Bones (Katie Bishop, #1)
  • Talon (Rise of the Pride, #1)
  • Miss Frost Solves a Cold Case (Jayne Frost, #1)
  • Flirty Thirty (Nerdy Thirties. #1)
  • Bitten (Once Bitten, Twice Shy, #1)
  • Enter the Witch (Witches of Whisper Grove Book 1)
  • A Walk In The Park
  • Tristan's Lyceum Wolves (Immortals of New Orleans, #3)
  • Damaged (Rebirth, #1)
  • Winter Queen (Daughter of Winter, #3)
  • Eternally Bound (The Alliance, #1)
South African, born and bred, Sharonlee Holder lives in one of the outer suburbs of Johannesburg in Gauteng, South Africa.

Life is a happy and creative jumble of a husband, three grown daughters, one super cute granddaughter, three dogs, a cat and a mouthy African Grey parrot.

Time at the keyboard is supported by copious amounts of frothy coffee and endless 'What ifs?'. Writing breaks are a blend of

Blood of the Custodians (2 books)
  • Renegade (Blood Of The Custodians, #2)