Start by marking “Crumbling Control” as Want to Read:
Crumbling Control

Crumbling Control

(Helena Hawthorn #3)

After attending a funeral in Aberdeen, Helena meets with a very concerned Vincent - a member of the Vampire Council. He shares his worries about the dangers European vampires are facing. The hunters are gathering from all around, local packs of werewolves fight for territory, and Eliza is up to something that she says will 'save them all'.

Lucious is staying away from Helen
Published March 12th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Crumbling Control, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crumbling Control

Jessica Bronder
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Helena has been through hell and back. But she is a strong woman and growing stronger. Lucious is coming to care for and protect Helena. He is willing to do whatever it takes to keep her safe, even staying away from her. Although this distance is hard on the two of them, this is the easiest part of the story. The vampire counsel is starting to crumble and Helena is going to have to start making some even harder decisions to try to save those she loves and herself and Lucious.

This is an amazing
Nikki Landis

There isn't a single thing I don't LOVE about this series. It's paranormal romance at its finest - wonderful storytelling, intricate plot, detailed descriptions and imagination, and a steamy love affair. So many different kinds of supernatural creatures and a world that's been built with amazing clarity and depth.

I'm a huge fan of both Helena and Lucious. They've grown leaps and bounds since book 1 but what keeps me coming back for more is that there's never a dull moment in their paranormal w
Amy
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I finished reading Crumbling Control a couple of days ago. And I'm left feeling bereft...like I've lost a good friend. I miss Helena. I miss Lucious. Heck, I even sorta miss Lazarus! That to me is a sign of a good author. May Freighter has a gift and I for one am so happy that she has decided to share it with the world. Now please Ms. Freighter, get to writing so I can visit with all of my friends again!
Lyn Mckenzie
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.

Wow….just wow… What an amazing book!!! And the way it ended!!! Get ready to get your mind blown away by this story! This is the third story in this series and it is a must to read the first two books to understand what is happening in this book. The way it finished i am unsure if this the last book in the series or it will carry on, i do hope it carries on as i love reading about this world!

You want an exciting storyline then this one i
Betina Clark
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great addition to this series. So much action and emotion going on. Helena is forever fighting evil and fighting for Lucious. We were introduced to some new players and a few questions were answered. I can’t wait to see where this story goes next.
Marzena
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well written story with a lot of twists and turns. Action, suspense, a lot of surprises and interesting characters. A surprising ending that leaves us wishing to know what will be next. Definitely worth reading.
I voluntary reviewed an Advance Copy of this book.
Steph
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
3 Degrees Of Fiction Review Group
4 STARS

Crumbling Control is the third book in the Helena Hawthorn series. It continues the dark and complex relationship of Helena and Lucious as they try to stay alive when mean supernaturals keep coming at them. Honestly, someone needs to give the poor heroine a break! I truly admire her will to keep going after all the drama she has to face on an everyday basis. On the other hand, I love the way Lucious has changed. He becomes more protective of Helena to the
Scherrie
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
You can’t help but fall in love with this series. It’s a I can’t put this book down type of series!! Great characters and interesting storyline.

Cátia
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just loved it! Some questions are answered and leaves us with an important and excruciating question: What will happen to Helena & Lucious?!! Again, cant wait to read the next book!!! ...more
A_MOTUS
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I voluntary reviewed an Advance Copy of this book.
Old friends are coming back, villains are going mad and the fate seems already decided. I loved the complexity of the plot and the way the characters keep being so surprising but at the same time they stay true to themselves. In this book Helena's character have grown. She is not so innocent anymore. Ravaged by the loss of people she hold dear, but also by the truth of her involvement, she is now learning that she was never alone. Another being w
Maria
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Story as it is progressing gets more and more exciting, Helena and others get tangled more in mystery and it brings out the best. Reader has to have a lot of patience to not skip a lot of pages to find out what is on end. It is so good that I wish I could read faster to know and learn what happen next. The plot and suspense is one of the best. This is book which should be a hit of a millenium. I wish to read another books written by this amazing author soon.

Good job, well done May.
Emily Pennington
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Things have not slowed in the least as Book 3 continues its breakneck pace.

Helena and Lucious are still battling to stay alive as they are given no break and no time to recover. Lucious is showing even more of his protective side with Helena, revealed further when he has to deliberately stay away from her to keep her safe. The Hunters had shot him with tracking bullets and he leads danger to everyone he cares about as Hunters relentlessly pursue him as soon as he slows down. So he has to trust o
Nina Campbell
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Crumbling Control by May Freighter is the third book in the Helena Hawthorne series. This is a stand alone book that begins where second book Demon Gates ended. Helena is still recovering from the ordeal with the demon Lazarus and is now summoned to the home of the council member Vincent. Lucious is running to stay ahead of the hunters hunting him and both of them are just trying to survive. This book is full of hidden agendas, mysteries, and a fate that will not be stopped. This story is so com ...more
DesiRae Jones
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I recieved this book free from the author for my honest opinion*

Let me start off by saying I truly enjoy this story line. I love Luscious, I love Alexander, Helena has shown her dedication to her friends over and over again. And there is enough action to keep the story going nicely.

But I have questions.... Where did Andrew go? And Peri? Also I don't understand what the difference is between turning someone into a Vampire or a ghoul. Did I somehow miss an important step when Andrew was turned?

I
Lisa Eiff
I enjoyed reading this book. The third installment for this series is well written and draws you right into the storyline. Helena has interactions with a wide variety of curious characters in this novel, and it's packed with action up until the end. Oh, and another thing...you probably won't expect the ending.

I received an ecopy of this book from the author but wanted to share my honest opinion of this book here. I strongly recommend you start with book 1 in the Helena Hawthorne series if you j
The Mysterious Reader
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“How will Helena and Lucious overcome their new trials once the hunters come knocking on their door, demons escape through the Demon Gate, and the Council begins to crumble?”

Yup, that publisher’s blurb quote just about sums it up. May Freighter’s Helena Hawthorn series just keeps on going from superb to superb, and that’s certainly the case in Crumbling Control, it’s third book. Action from start to end. Tension and thrills from start to end. Wow, from start to end. And great characters who keep
Raina Collins
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intense and amazing

This story pulls the emotions all over the place. One moment things are great and the next people are dying. Vampires, demons and witches everywhere but humans are kept in the dark. Helena is an amazing character. The one thing you can count on her doing is doing anything to protect those she loves, even if it means death. The view of good and evil blurs constantly through the book. Action and fighting are everywhere. And the love of the two main characters transcends even de
Caroline Doig
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is book 3 to the series and I must say wow what a book! Lucious gets shot by hunters with tracking bullets but he has to keep on running, he definitely can’t go back to Helena or he will be putting her life in danger so he gets Alexander to keep her safe. So many twists and turns on every page that it will keep you enthralled right up to the very end. I love ❤❤this book but you need to start from book 1 to understand the characters and the storyline, I just can’t brag about this book enough ...more
Lucretia
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I might have mentioned before that I adore this series. Part three is another home run. Things haven't become any easier for Helena, well, other than having Lucious, but even that isn't easy at this point. Their required separation is probably the least complicated part for either of them as this story takes off with high action and holds you in its grip from start to finish. Secondary characters continue to grow and gather my attention. Especially Alexander... If you are looking for a paranorma ...more
Kristen Lewendon
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There is so much going on in this book. There’s layer upon layer of story all happening at once and very little of it is to Lucious and Helena’s benefit. Nothing in this book is as simple as it seems on the surface as both Helena and Lucious face one betrayal and heartbreak after another. We finally learn many of the secrets Michael has been keeping, but the price paid for that knowledge is a high one. I’m a little afraid to see where the next story is going to take us, however I’m determined to ...more
Nilda
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved everthing about this series. The characters, amazing storytelling, the emotions and the romance. Helena meets with Vincent, a member of the European Vampire Council. Vampires are in danger, the werewolves are fighting for territories and Lucious is staying away from Helena. She is spending more time with Andrew. What will happen with Helena and Lucious? Well, you got to read to find out. I know you will be drawn into this series even more.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprou
Erin
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
New battles and new enemies. With no break after their last battle they now have vampire hunters to deal with. Lucious is shot with tracking devices and stays away from Helena to protect her from them. However his distance is affecting Helena and now she's becoming unsure. After her meeting with Vincent, and learning of the hunters Andrew stays by her side while Lucious is gone. Excited to see what the next book bring for Helena and Lucious.
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and
Scarolet Ellis
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Crumbling Control (Helena Hawthorn Series Book 3) by May Freighter is a wonderful story to read. This is book number three in this wonderful seris that I have loved from the very begining and it just keeps getting better as the series continues I am hooked. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves readign about shifters, demons,vampires, fantasy and romantic suspense in their stories.

Tanya
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
he is filled full of tracking devices and every times he stops they catch up to him. to protect her he stays away but this makes her question what is going on. she gets close to another. how can they get through this new tough trial? will they ever be able to be together again? there is only one way to find out

Jeanne Richardson
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've read several books written by May Freighter; she has done a great job at writing a good book; she is becoming one of my favorite authors. I can’t wait to read more of books her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

SA
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, May Freighter does it each time! She puts the reader under her spell. This is the third book in the series and yet every twist, surprise, and event are brand new. The way things are connected to past events, the way veils are lifted from each character, making us judge our sanity in trusting him or her in the first place, it is all simply brilliant. I can only respect the complex world created here and bow to the author. The end as always made me pant for more.
Susan Harrowa
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Page turner-from start to finish.

Once you start you will keep reading to the end. This series just gets better and better. That doesn't by any means make it happier. There is much that is dark. But there is also laughter, and snark, and love. But there is definitely darkness. This one will pull on your heartstrings. But you will still be looking for the next book immediately.
Laurie Beemer
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
7 stars- Who doesn't love surprise and sexiness and vampires? This series started great and it is now becoming fantastic. Book three in the series has more suspense, steam, fun, and intensity. The more of the series I read the more in awe of Helena I become. She is fun to follow as she stumbles across one surprise or another. Thank you for allowing me to read this and write about it.
Silver Surfer
So, book three of the series and the story doesn’t let up. I was engrossed all the way through to the end I didn’t see coming. What on earth can happen next I wonder. This author certainly knows how to write a good story that’s for sure. Roll on book four. Highly recommended.

Linda Levine
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series has really hooked me. Each story has so much action and so many surprises. I love the connection between them and how they truly will risk anything to protect those they love. The date between them is such a sweet scene. It is what makes the ending feel even more tragic for me. I really want to know what is next for the characters.
May Freighter is an internationally bestselling author from Dublin, Ireland. She writes Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance, and Sci-Fi mysteries that will keep you entertained, mystified, and hopefully craving more. Her only pets are cacti. They're the only things that survived. It may be too dangerous to entrust her with an animal while she's engrossed in writing.

On sunny, rainy, and overcast days

Helena Hawthorn (5 books)
  • Russian Roulette: An Urban Fantasy Novel (Helena Hawthorn Series Book 1)
  • Demon Gates (Helena Hawthorn Series, #2)
  • Fated Origins (Helena Hawthorn Series #4)
  • Dark Affiliations (Helena Hawthorn Series, #5)