Start by marking “Survivor” as Want to Read:
Survivor

Survivor

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  216 Ratings  ·  70 Reviews
Taylor Langford’s world is torn apart when he is only thirteen years old—his parents killed, leaving him alone and orphaned. With no living relatives, he’d certainly be another statistic if not for the intervention of the policeman who found Taylor in the crawl space where his mother hid him that fateful night. Despite the tragedy and resulting anguish in his life, Taylor ...more
ebook
Published August 28th 2017 (first published 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Survivor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Survivor

Amanda
Aug 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-netgalley, m-m
I've never tried T. M. Smith before and the blurb really intrigue me. There isn't much age gap between Taylor and Frank, but due to the situation of their first meeting, with Taylor being a orphaned teenager and Frank, the rookie cop that saved him, Frank does give me the whole guardian angel vibe.

The prologue was exciting, the carnage that happened to Taylor's family and we are left wondering what the hell had happened and the villain seems creepy. Frank was instantly likable being the hero who
Carra
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There’s so many things I liked about this story. I love age gap books, and while the difference between Frank and Taylor is only ten years, the fact that they first meet when Taylor is only thirteen, and then getting points of view almost every year until they finally express their feelings as adults makes it seem like the gap is bigger than it is. This actually threw me off a bit and made it a little awkward to me even though I knew the gap was only ten years.

I also like the hurt/comfort theme,
Melissa
A complimentary copy of the audio was provided in exchange for an honest review.

Audiobook review:
The blurb for this book really got my attention. I do love age gap, and then you have a sort of quasi incest thing going because Frank was around Taylor for so much of his growing up years, one could see them filling "brother" roles for each other. Obviously neither had those types of brotherly feelings, which is good because once Taylor hit puberty, whew! :)

I thoroughly enjoyed the build up of this
Rachel Emily
I loved this story. I'm a sucker for characters with an age gap, one of the MCs being saved or helped by the other MC, and I love a story that has a strong sense of family.

Taylor's life is completely changed the night that his parents are murdered when he is only 13 years old. Frank, one of the cops on the case, is able to find a wonderful foster family for Taylor and stays in touch with him. At first, it's definitely a type of mentor relationship, since Frank understands a bit of how Taylor fe
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
4 Stars

The unbreakable bond between Taylor and Frank starts when Frank and his partner, Caleb, responded to a disturbance call at Taylor's home, where they discover Taylor's parents have been murdered. Frank finds Taylor, just 13 at the time, hidden in the crawl space of the attic.

The murders are gruesome, but over the next ten years, Taylor and his foster parents become part of Frank's extended family and with their support and plenty of counseling, Taylor slowly heals. But all the summers sp
Amy
Feb 07, 2018 marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
DNF at 17%

I do not like to DNF a book. Usually I can soldier on or at least skim through to the end. But I just can't this time. And it's not the May-December romance. I actually love an age gap, but this one did NOT work for me at all.

I guess I should preface my review by saying I didn't read the blurb. I rarely do because I find sometimes they give away too much and I like to read without any preconceived expectations. If I had read the blurb, it says right there that Taylor is 13. But that i
Joyfully Jay
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kris
A Joyfully Jay review.

I picked this one up on a recommendation and I’m glad to say it wasn’t a disappointment. I’d never read the author before, and I was a little wary about the premise. When a relationship like the one Frank and Taylor have evolves, it sometimes doesn’t work well. But Smith portrays it in a believable and heartfelt way. From the very beginning, the connection between Frank and Taylor is palpable, but completely innocent. When things change, it feels like a natural pr
Caroline Brand
REVIEWED FOR LOVE BYTES

Something a bit different from TM Smith.

This story starts in 2005 and begins with the voice of a stranger. The events of this day are shocking and will change the course of Taylor Langfords life. It will take away all that he holds most precious, it will leave him with and no understanding of why and it will introduce him to a kind rookie Police Officer called Frank Moore who will become instrumental in Taylor’s life in many, many ways over the years.

The first part of the
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I haven't read anything by this author and I know now I've been missing out. It's been a while since I've read a m/m read. Now I wanna read more after this wonderful read.

My heart broke for Taylor. His life fell apart when he was so young. At the crime scene of his parents death he bonded with Frank a police rookie. Over the years Frank saw Taylor grow from a young broken boy into a strong courageous handsome man. When they start getting feelings towards each other how will they move forward??

T
Barb ~rede-2-read~
When Taylor Langford is thirteen, his world is turned upside down by the murder of his parents. The only reason he wasn’t killed was because his mother shoved him into a crawlspace in the attic and told him not to come out unless she came for him. But the man who ultimately found him, rookie cop Frank Moore, becomes the most important person in Taylor’s life from that day forward.

This is an absolutely wonderful May to December, very slow burn MM romance, with engaging characters, an exciting pl
Avid Reader
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Survivor by T.M. Smith
M/M Romance
Triggers: Murder
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

This was a sweet story about figuring out that it's OK to love, even after you've lost so much.

We start when Taylor is very young and Frank is just a rookie. Despite the horrific circumstances that they met under, it seems that Taylor and Frank were destined to always be in each other's lives. Taylor develops the hero complex and you get to see that evolve in to the relationship t
Kimmers of Kimmers' Erotic Book Banter
T.M. Smith’s Survivor captivated me from the get go as it opens in the mind of “The Stranger”. Having just murdered a young couple he’s angered over not being able to find their son. Not giving the reader a clue as to why he’s so determined to locate the child you’re immediately taking to meet Frank and Caleb, two police partners sent in to investigate the scene.

When Officer Frank Moore finds young Taylor, scared and hiding, I knew immediately from his interactions with the boy I was gonna love
HappilyEverChapter
✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ FOUR & 1/2 - STAR ✩ REVIEW ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩

> > Judging a Book by it's Cover < <
Broad brushstroke edges giving the background almost a tapestry type look and texture. Handsome model sitting alone. Bold title font, mostly legible author font. Color stands out well. Synopsis interested me.
> > Looking Deeper < <
POV ~> Third-person

Taylor was only thirteen years old when he lost his parents and home in one swift act of cruelty. Frank was the officer on scene that foun
Cathy Brockman

Audio review.

I love May/December and this didn't disappoint.
Taylor's life was turned upside down when he was young and his parents were both murdered tragically. Frank, a police officer on his case stayed in touch and Frank, his partner and his wife, Franks dad and the foster parents that adopt Taylor all become a tight family. Taylor and Frank's relationship changes about ten years later when Taylor is grown and out of college.

I loved all of the characters in this story. The story is a great
Mandie Foxylutely

A new standalone by TM Smith but it appears this is leading to a new series (with different couples) This is classed as a May to December romance (one of my favourites) however there was only a ten year age gap which isn’t that wide an age difference to me.

Frank is one of the officers that are called to a disturbance that turns out to be the murder of Taylor’s parents. The young thirteen year old was saved by hiding in the attic crawl space where Frank and his partner Caleb at the scen
K
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Tragedy brings together thirteen-year-old Taylor Langford and rookie-cop Frank Moore when an unknown killer breaks into Taylor's home taking the lives of his parents. Being the first on the scene, Frank finds Taylor hidden and sits with him offering comfort and support. Later, Frank and his partner, Caleb, find foster parents for Taylor and stay present in his life afterward.

As Taylor gets older, the bond between he and Frank continues to grow and strengthen, and over the course of the book it t
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
***4.5 Stars

Survivor is a standalone novel. I am a fan of T.M's All Cocks series but this is the first book I have read by her that was not part of that series. I loved that it had a different feel to the story and the writing. I was hooked from the very first page. I am mystery kinda girl too so add that into a love story and I am addicted. The synopsis explains the story very well so I will make this quick.

Frank and Taylor had a special bond for the moment they locked eyes. At thirteen, Frank
Nina ~ Meleth Bookaddicted ~
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, audio-books
SURVIVOR spans a huge time frame, starting from when Taylor was just thirteen years old as tragedy struck – and Frank, one of the police officers, was there to pick up the pieces. Despite their age difference, they stayed in touch over the years – even when Taylor was placed into another family. But as Taylor grew older and came off age, their feelings slowly but surely developed into something far surpassing simple friendship. But for them to finally have the balls to act on it… wow, it took fo ...more
Abbey's 1 Click Book Blog
Sep 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Survivor started off strong with a powerful prologue that grabbed my attention and made me eager to continue on to see where this was gonna lead me.

Both characters are strong, sweet, noble guys that really do make each other the best they can be. I liked how Taylor learnt to overcome his issues and find his HEA with someone who knows and understands him. Frank was a strong characters. He views and beliefs when it came to stepping back and allowing Taylor to come to terms with his feelings in hi
Stacy
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book - I Love this book. I was really happy when it came out in Audio. This book really gives you a bit of everything and the writing is structured really well. It pulls you in at the beginning prologue with the intrigue of what is going to happen with the Murder of Taylors parents. Then the author gives you little snippets from all the different years/ages of Taylor’s life after his parent’s deaths so we get to watch and hear him growing up as the story goes on. And how Frank lives his life bas ...more
Elisa Rolle
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
2017 Rainbow Awards Honorable Mention: Survivor T.M. Smith
1) Well-paced and filled with lots of suspense, reasonable dealing with a possibly delicate subject. Good balance between romance and mystery plot. Vivid pictures and great sense of place. Descriptions felt a bit off sometimes; also, some of the character's actions felt out of character for them. My only complaint was the fact that some of the chraracters used aliases, and that their aliases and real names were used interchangeably which
Beverly Southern Babes Book Blog
Wow, where to start on this one.... What would you do if your whole world exploded when you were only 13? Everything that happened to Taylor just broke my heart. There are so many emotions going through me reading this book.

Well Taylor tries to move on with his life. His foster family doing whatever they can possibly do for him. The officer that pulled him out of his hell Frank, becoming his best friend. He wants to make his parents proud of him, living his life to the fullest. But there’s just
Paul
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book drew me in and kept me turning pages. Taylor’s story broke my heart and Frank’s steady presence helped glue it back together. I always like the books that make me feel and TM Smith did that in spades with this one. I had hoped there would be more because the cast of secondary characters also piqued my interest and I was thrilled to find out this is the start of a new series!! Can’t wait to read the next.
Feliz
A sweet age-gap romance. The mystery part was quite farfetched, plot-wise, but well written.
Overall, a recommendation from me.
Suzanne
Aug 24, 2017 rated it did not like it
At 54% and bored! There's way too much day to day and background before the characters even get together. Then it's a bit sappy. I don't know if I will continue.

I skimmed the rest to finish the book and for me it just didn't get better. Then after all the hype over the murders that scenario was wrapped up very quickly. A book should be either romance or thriller, this tried to be both and it was a big fail for me.
Abrianna
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved this book. Taylor and Frank wee perfect for each other.

I thought the age difference was going to be an issue for them. Frank is ten years older than Taylor, but that was not the turn that Survivor took and I was glad for that. Too many times a May/December relationship has been hung up on the difference on the age.

Instead Taylor and Frank had to worry over the fact that they knew each other for over ten years before they developed anything romantic. Taylor was just a kid when he met Fr
Daesy
Some ppl said there are scenes on page where the MCs have sex with other people, it seems that this happens before they get in a relationship...but I'll need to be sure before I'll read this.
Spunky N Sassy
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 5.0

~~~~~~~~~~Julie's ★★★★★ Review~~~~~~~~~~

This book blew me away. Tragedy brings Taylor and Frank together. A murderer on the loose that will not ever forget the one he left behind. Excellent writing with a storyline that will make you see what true love is all about.
Julie Jackson
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed for SNS

Hermawati
Saya cukup setuju dengan review Amanda disini. Novel ini lebih menitikberatkan hubungan/kedekatan platonik Taylor dan Frank yang bertransformasi dari waktu ke waktu dari semenjak awal pertemuan di TKP dimana Taylor seorang anak berusia 13 thn yg menjadi korban & satu-satunya saksi dalam peristiwa kejahatan tsb, sementara Frank adalah seorang petugas polisi yang ditugaskan bersama rekannya Caleb untuk menyelidiki adanya laporan kejahatan pada malam naas itu.

Perbedaan usia antara Taylor dan Fr
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
TM Smith
Author bio and links:

A military brat born and raised at Ft. Benning Georgia; TM Smith is an avid reader, reviewer and writer. A Texas transplant, she now calls DFW her home. Most days she can be found curled up with a good book, or ticking away on her next novel.

Smith is a single mom of three disturbingly outspoken and decidedly different kids, one of which is Autistic. Besides her writin
More about T.M. Smith

Romance Deals

• #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $2.49
  • Remembering Us
    $3.99 $2.00
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unbound (The Forbidden Bond, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • In the Heir (Westerly Billionaire, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All Chained Up (Devil's Rock #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Life After Perfect (Boot Creek #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Room for You (Cranberry Inn, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Noble Servant (A Medieval Fairy Tale #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Turn to Me (Kathleen Turner, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forbidden Fling (Wildwood #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Vanishing Girl (The Vanishing Girl, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Unwanted Wife (Unwanted, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • In His Shadow (The Tangled Ivy Trilogy #1)
  • Visibly Broken
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Van (Cold Fury Hockey, #9)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Fire (Red-Hot SEALs, #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • The Sapphire Affair (Jewel, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Thing Called Love (Mirror Lake, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Tea and Secrets (Adams Grove, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • With This Ring (Vanza, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Highland Promise (Murray Brothers, 3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • MacKenzie Fire (Shine Not Burn, #2)
  • Hell Breaks Loose
  • Ensnared
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Turning Point (Kathleen Turner, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Number, Right Guy (The Bourbon Street Boys, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow of a Doubt (The Tangled Ivy Trilogy, #2)
  • Between Me and You
  • Just One Thing
    $4.49 $1.99
  • In the Band (Luminescent Juliet, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Glassblower
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Blank Slate
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Picturing Perfect (Love of My Life, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgiven (The Forbidden Bond #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Nothings (Sugar Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sprinkles on Top (Sugar Springs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
  • Of Noble Birth
  • Something More Than This
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Need You for Mine (Heroes of St. Helena, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Best Medicine (Bell Harbor, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Need You for Always (Heroes of St. Helena, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Turn (Kathleen Turner, #4)
  • The Matchmaker's Playbook (Wingmen Inc. 1) [Kindle in Motion]
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Barbecue and Bad News (Adams Grove, #6)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Mint Juleps and Justice (Adams Grove #5)
  • 99 Days
    $8.24 $1.99
  • Up for Heir (Westerly Billionaire #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The American Lady (The Glassblower Trilogy #2)
    $6.49 $1.99