Start by marking “Mourning Tide (Seychelle Sullivan, #5)” as Want to Read:
Mourning Tide (Seychelle Sullivan, #5)

Mourning Tide

(Seychelle Sullivan #5)

Amazon #1 bestselling author Christine Kling returns to the waters of Florida and the Bahamas!

Mourning Tide is the first Seychelle Sullivan novel in over a decade. This sequel to Wreckers' Key begins deep in the waters of a Florida swamp where a more mature Seychelle is working aboard her salvage tug Gorda with her five-year-old son, Nestor. When she and B.J. adopted the
Published July 14th 2017 by Tell-Tale Press

To ask other readers questions about Mourning Tide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mourning Tide

Start your review of Mourning Tide (Seychelle Sullivan, #5)
Victoria Allman
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was thrilled to see that Christine Kling has resurrected the Seychelle Sullivan series. It was one of my favorites when I first started reading mysteries and has not disappointed with this latest installment.
Mourning Tide picks up a few years after the last book with Seychelle on her tugboat in Ft. Lauderdale, FL finding a body on the sailboat she is salvaging. The ensuing mystery takes the reader into the life of evangelical big-money Churches and through the Abacos islands of the Bahamas. Th
Maggie Miller
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Always a good read

Christine always delivers and this was a great book. The only thing I didn't like was how she made the Reverend and his wife racist religious fanatics from NC. I know it had to be that way but I'm from NC and I just hope people know they don't stand for the majority. Hopefully not based on true experiences she has had with NC folks.
Karen
I won this book on a "Good Reads" giveaway. Thanks to the author. I am so glad I got this!

The twist at the end raised this book to 5* even though I figured who may have been the killer. I was not centered though with the one who did do it. I was leery of anyone being guilty but the main character and her boyfriend? ( I do not know if this is a mistake or not, but he was called husband and also fiance/boyfriend at different times.)

This is more of a cozy steady pace mystery. I am not much of a "c
Avid Series Reader
Mourning Tide by Christine Kling is book 5 of the Seychelle Sullivan mystery series, set in contemporary Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Together with her partner B.J., Seychelle is dedicated to raising their adopted son Nestor. Nestor's father was murdered, his mother Catalina died giving birth. Seychelle's top priority is keeping Nestor safe, so she turns down salvage assignments that seem potentially dangerous.

Raising an old wreck that has drifted into the mainstream of a river, a hazard to other b
Richard Pollina
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read the Wreckers’ Key 10 months ago and was elated to receive its sequel, Mourning Tide, the fifth in the Seychelles Sullivan series. Like the author’s Shipwreck Adventures and the other works in this series, an exciting story is interwoven with complex characters and enriched with the author’s knowledge of local history, geography and, of course, sailing. The story flows so easily and keeps the reader absorbed in it because the author has lived and sailed in the locales where the action take ...more
Toni
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful Series

The five books of Seychelle Sullivan's adventures are so beautifully written with mystery and mayhem that the reader simply cannot put them down. The characters grow and develop in such a way, they become real. The adventures have twists that keep you guessing and enough suspense to keep you reading long past your bedtime.

I highly recommend this series, you'll love sailing over the ocean and enjoying all the beautifully described scenery.
Victoria
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So good to be back in Seychelle's world. Kling delivers another solid, well-plotted mystery and gives us an update on her little family. B.J. & Nestor are wonderfully drawn characters.

Seychelle, having promised her friend she'd try to find his missing sister, intrudes into a strange group who are not at all what they seem and winds up endangering her family.

Thomas D. Bunce
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well Spun Tale

Well constructed plot, believable characters, and well supported dealing language. Enjoyable from first to last page, looking forward to more in the Seychelle saga......
I
Katrina Brown
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Above Time

This is so fine a series. If you can start at 1 and read all through, do. I love FL and the coast and boats and to to have a woman captain is just the thing. And a mystery too!
Kip Gochenour
May 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great series!

I have enjoyed the characters in this series immensely. The story line is fantastic. The locations described are like going on vacation and having a great adventure. Thanks for writing these books. Hope to see the story continue some day!
Philip Duss
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best Seychelle Sullivan novel yet: Intricately crafted characters, a very intriguing plot with surprising twists and a nautical environment accurately described by an author who has lived it!
Candy V. Nash/Mike Nagy
Love

The freedom wind and water gives us always heals the soul and clears the mind. This book brought this back to me. Thank you
Maggie
Apr 01, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Predictable but still an enjoyable read. Some growth for Seychelle. BJ is awesome as usual.
I need a vacation to the islands.
Laurie Hanan
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another excellent thriller in the Seychelle Sullivan series. It’s great to catch up on Seychelle’s personal life as well.
Susan Ash hanson
Sep 29, 2018
Greg Flynn
Nov 10, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Forgotten Chase (Chase Fulton #9)
  • The Angel's Chase (Chase Fulton #8)
  • The Emerald Chase: A Chase Fulton Novel (Chase Fulton Novels Book 10)
  • Rising Spirit (Jesse McDermitt Caribbean Adventure #16)
  • Coastal Breeze (Bluewater Breeze #1)
  • Rising Moon: A Jesse McDermitt Novel (Caribbean Adventure Series Book 19)
  • The Polar Chase (Chase Fulton #11)
  • The Distant Chase (Chase Fulton #5)
  • The Russian's Pride
  • Rising Water (Jesse McDermitt Caribbean Adventure #15)
  • Rising Warrior: A Jesse McDermitt Novel (Caribbean Adventure Series Book 18)
  • Boca Grande Breeze (Bluewater Breeze #2)
  • Rising Thunder (Jesse McDermitt Caribbean Adventure #17)
  • Wild Killer (Tyson Wild Thriller #7)
  • Wild Break (Tyson Wild Thriller #12)
  • Rolling Thunder (Coastal Fury #1)
  • Abducted in the Keys (Florida Keys Adventure #9)
  • Wild Justice (Tyson Wild Thriller #2)
I have spent more than forty years enjoying “simply messing about with boats”―as Rat said to Mole in The Wind in the Willows. I've been a boat wife, mother and captain of my own boat. I've had articles and stories published in many publications including Cruising World, Sailing!, and The Tiller and the Pen, Gulfstream Magazine and Miami Noir. My first four novels are in a series about Florida fema ...more

Seychelle Sullivan (5 books)
  • Surface Tension (Seychelle Sullivan, #1)
  • Cross Current (Seychelle Sullivan, #2)
  • Bitter End (Seychelle Sullivan, #3)
  • Wreckers' Key (Seychelle Sullivan, #4)