Start by marking “The Guardian (Wounded Warrior #3)” as Want to Read:
The Guardian (Wounded Warrior #3)

The Guardian

(Wounded Warrior #3)

From the Amazon Bestseller author of the The Asset comes The Guardian.

Game Warden Matthias Hawking is a decorated ex-SEAL engaged in a grueling fight against ruthless poachers in Africa. He’s short on resources and long on enemies. There’s a price on his head. The last thing he needs is the unexpected arrival of a beautiful but stubborn journalist threatening to uncover h
Published September 19th 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Guardian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Guardian

Elaine
This is a suspense-filled, action packed safari - a superb story with great characters in an amazing setting - I loved it! This is another of those rare books where I advise you to read the book, don't bother with my review . . . .

Just in case you want to know what I thought of it, however, I'll keep on typing. . . .

Jade Romo is a feisty, confident, determined young lady. She's survived a horrendous childhood to become a renowned journalist and blogger, one who uncovers and reveals secrets, fi
K.S. Marsden
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jade Romo is a conservation and media star. Her no-nonsense attitude, and drive to deliver the truth, has won her a legion of fans. Unfortunately, these qualities are about to make Matthias' job a lot harder.

Wow, I enjoyed that a lot more than I was expecting!
I mean, I like to read Romance books, but it's rare they ever score highly for me.

This is the first book I have read by Anna del Mar, and at the time, I didn't realise it was the third book in the Wounded Warrior series. I'm happy to report
Sissy's Romance Book Review
'The Guardian' by Anna del Mar is Book Three in The "Wounded Warrior" series. This is the story of Matthias Hawking and Jade Romo. I have read the other books in this series (and Loved Them!) but feel this can easily be a standalone book.
Jade has come to Africa to do a possible story there. Jade is the founder of Mission Protect and a celebrity in the conservation world with her Social Media sites...even to have a show on NAT GEO. Matthias is a wounded ex-SEAL who now is the Head Game Warden fo
Devika Ramadoss
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Matthias Hawking, an ex-SEAL who is now a Game warden busy fighting and protecting the African reserve from poachers. There arrives the famous journalist Jade Romo for her project. They both being an alpha male and alpha female struggles hard to hide their secrets and love from each other. Soon the secrets reveals one by one which makes Jade a target for poachers.Will Jade and Matthias survive this ? Will they win each other?
This is my first book of wonded warrior series. So I had no idea how th
Cathy Geha
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Guardian by Anna del Mar
A Wounded Warrior Novel #3

Take one plucky persistent photo journalist and plop her down on a game preserve in the Serengeti where the Game Warden is the strong alpha silent type who expects his orders to be followed and you have…a story of intrigue, poachers, science, infiltrators, undercover operations and more…and a romance both Jade AND Matthias fought for as long as they could.

Jade has a background that makes trust difficult for her. She is used to working as a te
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)
The Guardian is the kind of romantic suspense I like - action packed, intense, sexy, and above all, grounded with real characters who have layers. Jade Romo is a badass heroine. She's smart, strong, a former Marine, a survivor who has formed Mission Protect and has her own show on NatGeo. She knows her stuff, that's for sure. When she meets Game Warden Matthias Hawking, sparks fly, tempers flare, and you just know immediately that you're in for a hell of a ride with these two. From the start, Ma ...more
Rajan
Nov 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Africa is rich in flora and fauna. Now many species are on the verge of extinction. But there is someone who is fighting the poachers.

Jade Romo, a journalist comes to Africa to uncover some secrets. Game warden Matthias Hawking is ex navy seal and fighting against the poachers. He admits here reluctantly knowing full well she means trouble. But he is attracted to her as well. He saves her from deadly thugs and then what happens?

Book has both erotic and thrill elements. The pace is good and stor
Heather 123
Sep 25, 2017 rated it liked it
This is the 5th book I've read by this author and the 3rd in this series. While I enjoyed this book, I didn't think it was as good as the others in this series.

First, I struggled with the connection between the two main characters. Matthias suddenly declares this incredible attraction to Jade which to me seems to come out of left field. I didn't get the build up to this. I didn't feel that Jade felt the same attraction and it almost felt as if Matthias had bullied Jade into admitting their was
Bec

Jade Romo has survived a lot throughout her life, but heading to Africa for a story leads to a dangerous encounter with ruthless poachers. However, not even the price on her head is going to stop her from getting what she wants. But when things get too dangerous, will Game Warden Matthias Hawking be able to keep her safe or will they lose their shot at happy ever after?

What an absolutely mesmerizing, fast-paced, action-packed read Ms. del Mar has delivered in this story that started off brillian
Donna Repsher
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Let me start my admitting to absolutely loving Anna del Mar's Wounded Warrior series, and this third book in the series is no exception. From the first page to the last, this novel grabbed me and didn't let go for a minute. It's a 5-star read.

One of the things I love about this series is the settings. We went to Alaska in the last book and what an about-face to find ourselves just about to land in Tanzania, at a private wildlife game reserve, Pacha Ziwa, in the Seregeti, where the heroine, world
Jennifer Pierson
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
HOLY HELL ANNA DEL MAR! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?! When I read the blurb for The Guardian, I was very intrigued, but I NEVER SAW THIS EPIC GOODNESS COMING! Jade Romo didn't have an easy childhood, and although she was adopted by a loving couple, she still battles some demons from early childhood. However, it doesn't make her incompetent, as she's a veteran of more than one war, survived a heroin-addicted mother/foster system, and the conflict in Afghanistan. Now she has a great career tha ...more
Sparkymom
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've read quite a few of Anna Del Mar's books, both this series and others. I almost skipped this one since I'm not typically a fan of what I call destination novels. I thought the setting might detract from my enjoyment of the story, but I couldn't have been more wrong. Even if I hadn't read that Ms. Del Mar had actually traveled to Africa, out would have been evident from her vivid descriptions. I know the romantic suspense genre gets a bad rap sometimes, but there are actually many RS authors ...more
Dawn
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Combine poachers, endangered species, the plains and landscape of Africa with an ex-seal Guardian and A reporter and the reader is treated to a book that you can't put down. Enjoyed this story line and characters for an interesting tale. This is the second book I've read by this author and I will be looking for more in this series.

Ebook from Net Galley and publishers with thanks. Opinions are entirely my own.
Liliyana Shadowlyn
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Forget everything you think you know about romance novels, and buckle in for a wild ride. The setting isn't the only thing that brings the heat in this amazing tale of love, daring, and fighting for what's right. But can two alphas really fall in love, and submit completely to the desires whirling within? You'll have to read this unforgettable book to find out!

received in exchange for a fair and honest review
Kim Vanravenswaay
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a book! I was drawn in by the first chapter and hung on till the end. The beauty really comes through of the African preserve. I could imagine the animals in all their glory.
I laughed a little when Matthias finally gives in to the desire he has for Jade. He does a complete 360 as far as emotions go. Really the two couldn't be more perfect for each other.
Carmella Siciliano
Oct 07, 2017 rated it liked it
I was given a copy of this e-book and am voluntarily leaving an honest review.

Jade is a photojournalist and her latest trip has her going to Africa to look into the poaching of animals. When she arrives and meets Matthias, the game warden, it is not the best introduction as he is adamant that she leave the next morning when the plane goes back due to the danger in the area.

Jade is just as adamant that she stay and Matthias is infuriated when he finds out his boss made special arrangements to let
Angela
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 Stars!

The Guardian is the third book in the exciting Wounded Warrior series by bestselling author Anna del Mar. An intense, action packed, romantic suspense you won't want to miss! With a unique storyline, complex characters, humor, angst, secrets, lies, betrayal, dangerous situations, and intriguing twists, this emotional roller-coaster of a story will capture you from beginning to end. This was a terrific story, and I can't wait for more of this series!

I loved that the author used such
Megan | A Page to Turn
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, romance
This is my first read by Anna Del Mar, and this being a third book in a series, I was hesitant. I had no reason to be. While it's part of a series, it reads a lot like a stand alone. I really enjoyed that aspect of it. I really enjoyed the setting the most in this book - we are transported to Tanzania, to a game reserve, and our main character is a well known photo-journalist and documentary film maker. Jade is a boss babe - she knows what she wants, what she likes and isn't afraid to step on to ...more
Nikki Brooks
Set in a preserve in the Serengeti, photographer and film-maker Jade Romo is arriving to cover her latest project. She is a former Marine so she is no shy, retiring violet and more than capable of handling herself.

Jade is soon at loggerheards with the Game Warden, Matthias Hawking, a former SEAL and all-around badass! Matthias is a passionate conservationist and wants his charges to flourish and is attempting to fend off poachers and other ne'er-do-wells.

There is so much packed into this story
Rethi
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Plot:
The plot is quite entertaining and engaging even though it is quite predictable. There is enough of action and drama to keep the readers glued to the pages.

Characters:
The characters are really well developed! I enjoyed reading about both Jade and Matthias. They are so similar to each other yet they are unique in their own right.

Language & Narrative:
Simple language and the narrative is charming.
Debbie
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
The story of Jade and Matthias was extremely delightful. The characters were so lively that the story came to life as the story unraveled in front of us. The plot is fairly straightforward and slightly predictable. But the issue of predictability is countered with ample romance; there is intrigue and there is drama.
Mina_rrat
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved the tension in this one, at first I was not sure about this however as it continued and one found out the true meaning of the stay then it got REAL interesting. So hot their sexscenes
ruth sefton
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very good book wish there was one to follow it
Kris
ARC provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review
jean buck
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Story of former seal

I enjoyed the book. Different views of Africa.I liked the I interaction with the mms ain characters. Looking forward to the next book
Hazel
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic! I can't recommend this book enough. It has a sexy alpha hero and a kick-ass heroine that together are explosive. I loved every word of this book. I am hooked on Anna del Mar.
Kelly-Jo Sweeney
Feb 23, 2018
Chocolatesoup
Feb 27, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Anna del Mar writes hot, smart romances that soothe the soul, challenge the mind, and satisfy the heart. Her stories focus on strong heroines struggling to find their place in the world and the brave, sexy, kickass, military heroes who defy the limits of their broken bodies to protect the women they love. She is the author of The Asset (Carina Press), the first novel of her Wounded Warrior series ...more

Wounded Warrior (3 books)
  • The Asset (Wounded Warrior #1)
  • The Stranger (Wounded Warrior #2)