Start by marking “The Gateway (The Mark of the Fae #1)” as Want to Read:
The Gateway (The Mark of the Fae #1)

The Gateway

(The Mark of the Fae #1)

For some people, the draw to be surrounded by nature is strong. For Shaylah Derry, that’s exactly how it is. The draw to the forest behind her house is all-consuming until one night it gets to be too much, and she finds herself at the window, staring out into the trees. The last thing she expected to see, however, is a set of eyes staring back at her.
As Shaylah’s impulse
Published October 1st 2017 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about The Gateway, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gateway

Start your review of The Gateway (The Mark of the Fae #1)
Shay
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, arc, kindle, reviewed
Wow, I've never been first to review something. Talk about pressure! Jk.

The Gateway has a lot going for it! An informative plot, intriguing characters, lots of fun one liners via Brina, interesting side characters. There were a couple areas that I feel could have run smoother and I only say that because it was almost choppy. Almost. More like just a minor stutter. The pacing is slow and steady yet there are some points where the flow just isn't quite there. The action portions are evenly spaced
Amy
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved this book! By the end of this novel, I was begging for more and had so many questions that I can't wait for the second book to answer. If you are a fan of YA literature or Fantasy Fiction, this is a great book for you.

Shaylah is your typical, hard-working teenage senior from a very small town in Oregon. Her dream in life is to get out of her hometown and have an adventure - experience the world. Little did she realize, she was in for the adventure of a lifetime.

This book has it all -
Ana (thestarslisten)
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc
I liked it more than I hated it.

*I received a copy from the author via email in exchange for an honest review.*

SPOILER FREE REVIEW

P L O T
The plot is really slow. It takes so long to progress which is why this book is quite long. Events of days keep repeating over and over again and it starts to get annoying. But I do understand that it is a key plot to the entire story. Most of the time the characters go to a certain place and think to themselves that something bad might happen and nothing
Alisha
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
*I received an ARC of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. This did not change or affect my opinion of this book in any way.*

"Dig down and find that place inside of you where the wild lives. Once you find it, grab hold with your mind, and let it take over."

This book has just about everything I want in a good fantasy story. Relatable and likeable characters, magical elements, a bit of lusty-love and some good plot twists.

For the first roughly 1/3 of the book, there's 5
Francais Parker
"The Gateway" blew me away. I am now addicted to the story and am jonesing for another fix!

If you follow my reviews, you know the drill! First, comes the grades, then any thoughts, gushing or notes I have, and then a ruling for clean-readers.

World-building: A+
Guy Hero: A-
Villains: B
Love Interests: A-
Feels: A+

"The Gateway" is a suspenseful story filled with magical adventures and powerful messages of family, friendship, and trust. The copy I
Helena Echlin
marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2017
Lezli
marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2018
Advanced Copies f...: Looking for reviews, YA Fantasy 11 101 Feb 16, 2018 03:44AM
M. M. Paquin was born and raised in New England, where she resides today with her family. She is a stay at home mom who writes young adult fiction.