Jump to ratings and reviews

Lost Kings MC #8

Beyond Reckless

Blood doesn’t make you family, loyalty does.

Marcel “Teller” Whelan, Treasurer of the Lost Kings MC, has always been two things—honest and responsible. At ten years old, he was already taking care of his baby sister. At eighteen, he patched into the Lost Kings MC and took a major role in shaping the club’s future.

Three years ago, he thought he’d met the perfect woman, only to have her reject everything he is—a Lost King.

One bullet is a lifetime supply.

Now, after an accident that left a girl dead and Teller almost crippled, he’s struggling through the darkest time in his life. His niece, sister, and Lost Kings MC family are the only things holding him together, but his reckless actions are bound to drive everyone away.

Then, in the most unlikely place, he crosses paths with her again. The woman he once thought might be his perfect match.

Love soothes our inner demons.
Sparks fly for both of them. She’s the ride-or-die woman he needs, able to calm his many demons and bring the light back into his life. But she has a secret—one that forces him to lie to his brothers.

In chaos we trust.
When Teller’s brothers find out who he’s falling in love with, it will create a storm of chaos for the Lost Kings MC. But if there’s one thing Teller’s turbulent life has taught him, it’s that sometimes love is worth the chaos.

Beyond Reckless is the 8th book in the popular Lost Kings MC series, but can be read as a standalone.

374 pages, ebook

First published September 18, 2017

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Autumn Jones Lake

55 books3,229 followers
Autumn is the USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of the popular Lost Kings MC and Hollywood Demons series. Autumn firmly believes that true love stories never end and that is reflected in the stories she tells.

Her past lives include baking cookies, slinging shoes, and practicing law.

She was born and raised in upstate New York, where most of her books are set. Autumn still enjoys all four seasons there with her very own alpha hero.

You can ask Autumn questions on Goodreads and easily find her on Facebook.

Sign-up for her newsletter here: http://eepurl.com/bTSNkn

Join the Autumn's Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LostK...

Follow Autumn on Book Bub: https://www.bookbub.com/profile/autum...

Visit Autumn here:

Email Autumn: AutumnJLake@gmail.com

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
26 (1%)
1 star
14 (<1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 281 reviews
Profile Image for Val ⚓️ Shameless Handmaiden ⚓️.
1,794 reviews27.9k followers
February 1, 2018
3.75 Stars

I went into this not realizing that it was part one of two.
So imagine my...irritation when I got to the “end” and it wasn’t really the end.

Grrrr...Argh...

That’s on me though, so my bad.

I really enjoyed this one, although it was hard not remembering Teller’s previous feelings for Trinity. Regardless, I love this series and enjoyed this installment.

And PS, I dig the cover model, for once.

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Profile Image for ✰ Liz ✰ .
1,342 reviews1,246 followers
March 17, 2018
"So the bad boy is back."
description

Beyond Reckless is the eighth book in the Lost King Series. The LOKI is back and it is finally time for Teller to meet his match. Although this can be read as a stand-alone, I highly recommend reading the entire series from the beginning. With action, suspense, and plenty of steam, this is one MC Series you do not want to miss!

description
"Fuck if I don't love every smart-ass remark that comes out of this woman's mouth."
Beyond Reckless picks up after White Knuckles. Wrath and Trinity are finally married. Heidi and Murphy are settling into their new life together. And yet, Teller is still struggling. As Treasurer of the Lost Kings MC, he has spent his life caring for his little sister Heidi, his best friend Murphy, and serving his club. One thing Teller has always regretted is loosing "the one that got away". After suffering great loss, Teller is trying to recover both physically and emotionally. When she crosses his path once again, Teller is willing to do whatever it takes to make sure he doesn't lose her the second time around.

description
"I'm breathing heavy and have tears of ecstasy running down my cheeks when he finally flicks the buttons off. My body's turned to jelly. He strokes my cheek with the back of his hand."
Tension are high for Teller and his girl. With the demons of their past chasing them, they both struggle to find a way through. Teller's brothers are quite protective of him and when she threatens his security with the club, the stakes are high for Teller and his girl to find their way.

description
"I'm so motherfucking fucked."
Told in dual POV, Beyond Reckless is a fantastic addition to this series. Many people may wonder why I am not revealing the heroine's name. Although I am certain the word will get out, I feel confident that fans of this series will want to be surprised. Teller is such a complex hero and it has always been imperative that he find the perfect match. I am happy to say that Teller's "ride or die woman" is, in fact, the only woman for him. The complexities of their relationship are thoroughly explored as they learn to trust one another. The physical connection between the two has always been strong and as they connect emotionally, Teller is able to find joy once again. The passion between these two is off the charts as they explore every single inch of each other. She is also a survivor and the two together become an impenetrable force. In addition to Teller's relationship with his woman, he also begins to repair his relationship with his sister and his best friend. One thing remains true, when it comes to the LOKI, "loyalty, respect, and communication" continue to be the heart of the club. The love that these brothers (and their women) share is like no other.

description

Overall, I highly recommend Beyond Reckless and the entire Lost Kings MC to any and all MC Romance fan. Autumn Jones Lake is a master storyteller and her ability to create such a fantastical world never ceases to amaze me. The characters are passionate, loyal, and willing to do whatever it takes to protect the ones they love. Teller has long been one of my favorite LOKI Men and I could not be more excited to see that he will finally find his HEA. Teller's story proved to be so complex that Ms. Lake decided to release it as a duet. The ending of Part One will certainly leave you wanting more. October 26th cannot come soon enough! I cannot wait to see how Teller and "his girl" find their HEA!

***Lost Kings MC***
Slow Burn (Lost Kings MC, #1) by Autumn Jones LakeCorrupting Cinderella (Lost Kings MC, #2) by Autumn Jones LakeThree Kings, One Night (Lost Kings MC, #2.5) by Autumn Jones LakeStrength from Loyalty (Lost Kings MC, #3) by Autumn Jones LakeTattered on My Sleeve (Lost Kings MC #4) by Autumn Jones LakeWhite Heat (Lost Kings MC, #5) by Autumn Jones LakeBetween Embers (Lost Kings MC #5.5) by Autumn Jones LakeMore Than Miles (Lost Kings MC, #6) by Autumn Jones LakeWhite Knuckles (Lost Kings MC #7) by Autumn Jones LakeBeyond Reckless (Lost Kings MC, #8) by Autumn Jones Lake

*ARC graciously provided via author in exchange for an honest review!

For more reviews/reveals/giveaways visit:
description
Profile Image for Malene.
1,172 reviews499 followers
September 26, 2017
The Lost Kings MC will forever be my favorite MC series. I thought Rock was amazing, then it was Wrath and next Murphy. Now it’s all about Marcel Teller and wow did he woo me in every freaking way. His character has always hit a soft spot with me because of his difficult childhood and him raising his sister Heidi. Then what what happened to him in More Than Miles which left him a broken man was excruciating and hard to read and watch. I just wanted him to be happy with his club and maybe a strong woman in his life. In Beyond a Reckless it definitely looks like he found her.

Teller and his woman are perfect together and I didn’t expect it but I totally ship them. They complement each other and she is strong whenever he need her to be. I loved seeing them together and their chemistry is combustible. So hot and she knows exactly what she wants in bed and isn’t afraid to voice it. He is so caring and sweet not only to his woman but to his sister and niece.
The conflict that is brewing is great and intertwine the story flawlessly.

Beyond Reckless is part 1 and in a duet and I need the sequel now. I enjoyed and loved being back with my gang and LOKI family. This was just the appetizer and I’m so prepared for the entrée. Autumn Jones Lake delivers a smash yet again.

5 BadAssDirtyFamilyAndLoyaltyStars
Profile Image for boogenhagen.
1,981 reviews651 followers
October 20, 2017
I am so NOT a fan of Charlotte, really if Teller hadn't been through so much I would be fine with a meteor strike to remove her from the series. She just irritated me to NO end. Hopefully the next book will be better and I can adjust to her devious duplicity.
Profile Image for Jennifer.
2,415 reviews68 followers
October 8, 2017
LOKI is back...and Teller meets his match...and then we get a cliffy....
Only good thing about this cliffy is the next part comes out at the end of the month instead of next year
Profile Image for Tanya.
595 reviews8 followers
September 25, 2017
Fantastic read

IM NOT EVEN SURE WHERE TO START MY REVIEW WITH THIS BOOK. I COULD NOT WAIT TO GET MY HANDS ON IT, NOW THAT I HAVE, IM A LITTLE LOST BECAUSE I WILL NEVER GET TO EXPERIENCE IT AGAIN FOR THE FIRST TIME, EVER!!!! FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC IS A WAY TO DESCRIBE IT.

TELLER HAD BEEN THROUGH SO MUCH HIS WHOLE LIFE. AND BEING IN THE WRECK AND POSSIBLY NOT BEING ABLE TO WALK AGAIN, I FEEL REALLY MESSED WITH HIS MINDSET, HE HAD TO RELY ON OTHERS SO MUCH, I THINK IT MADE HIM FEEL LESS THAN A MAN.

THE KIND OF WOMAN HE NEEDED TO GET HIM BACK OUT THERE, IS EXACTLY THE TYPE AUTUMN GAVE HIM IN THIS BOOK. SHES TOUGH, CAN GIVE AND RECIEVE AS MUCH AS THE NEXT PERSON. SHES STRONG, YET HAS A WAY TO LET HIM BE THERE FOR HER AND BUILD HIM UP AGAIN.

THE PASSION BETWEEN THESE TWO IS UNBELIEVABLE. I ALWAYS PICTURED TELLER AS A GENTLE, CARING, SWEET LOVER.....WHICH HE IS, BUT HES ALSO DOMINATING, KINKY, AND OMG, HOT!!! WHICH FOR THE BOTH OF THEM.....WORKS GREAT!!! NO KID GLOVES NEEDED HERE FOR THESE TWO.

THERE IS SOMETHING HE NEEDS TO LET HIS CLUB IN ON.....AND WHEN I FINALLY LEARNED WHAT THE SECRET WAS.....BLOWN AWAY, DIDNT SEE IT COMING.

THIS SERIES WITH EACH BOOK, JUST GETS BETTER AND BETTER. I CANT WAIT TO READ PART TWO, BECAUSE HOW IT ENDED, I NEED TO KNOW HOW IT PLAYS OUT. SECRETS ARE NEVER GOOD, AND CAN TEAR YOU UP INSIDE OR GET THOSE AROUND YOU KILLED.

5 STAR FANTASTIC READ!!!!!
Profile Image for Rain.
1,439 reviews28 followers
March 21, 2022
Generally, I have loved this series, but I wasn't the biggest fan of this book.

It is really difficult when everyone is having sex with everyone else, then all of a sudden there is a couple and you have to try to forget that they've been intimate with lots of other people that they still hang out with. Don't we all remember when Teller was head over heels in love with Trinity? I'm also irritated at how Axel is once again portrayed as the bad guy to make the previous story work. It even go so far in this book to say that he kept trying to convince Heidi to have an abortion and then ignored Alexa when she cried.

Overall, the storyline fell flat for me. Charlotte didn't have much of a personality, and the book didn't do anything until the last 15%. Why do they even like each other? Ending on a cliffhanger and I don't know if I care enough to purchase the next book. Maybe I'll just go back and reread the first books.
Profile Image for Melissa Holt.
31 reviews
September 13, 2017
No Spoilers in this Review

Teller has always taken care of his little sister and friend. He gets in an accident and loses someone close to him. He is working with Physical Therapy to get better but he still doesn't to ride his bike. You will have to read to see how the relationship was with her was like.

She has always look out for her little brother. They have lost their own father and the mother is worthless. She grew up in a motorcycle club and knows the dirty side of a club. She want nothing to do with any club. She sees him with his family and see it is different in this club family.

Heidi wants Murphy to adopt Alexa. They go see someone per Hope's request.

The girl in Teller's life can only rely on herself. Teller rely on his club family.

Will his family see this romance is the best for him or try to block it.
Profile Image for Heroesinbooks.
1,036 reviews268 followers
September 23, 2017
Beyond 5 Tantalising Teller Stars

Oh wow. Yet again AJL has left me with the mother of all book hangovers.

Anyone who knows my reading preferences knows that the LOKI crew are my favourite series. Each brother has his own allure but I think Teller surprised me the most. He was passionate & intense which I knew he would be but he was much sweeter than I had him pegged for.

This is going to be a short review...I'm saving all my thoughts for the review to come when I've finished the next book, Beyond Reason. Yes, this is a duet but thankfully I only have to wait a month to get Teller's conclusion. Is it a cliffhanger ending? I would call it a HFN but has you on the edge of your seat.

It was fantastic to hear about all the guys and their women. I love the dynamics and relationships between every one of these characters. These books leave me smiling, laughing, crying and swooning. Bikers are hot and OMG Teller has some serious moves. This is a HOT book.

Teller and his woman get closer and closer and I swear I could feel them falling in love. AJL writes so beautifully that you feel like you're part of the LOKI family. Or maybe that's this reader's wishful thinking.....

HEA? More HFN & knowledge that there is SO much more to come.
Cheating? No.
Swoonworthy? 100%
Profile Image for Stacy Dow.
326 reviews6 followers
September 13, 2017
Autumn hits it out the park with Teller's story from the opening page you are hooked. Pulled into a story full of tension and smoking hot chemistry between Teller and his girl. There is many a time that if I could I would have like to junked punched Teller for acting like douchebag but by the end Teller turned it around. Autumn gives Teller the perfect girl in that she has backbone and not afraid to speak her mind. Also have to say loved the interactions between Teller and Murphy those two are so like an old married couple they make you laugh and smile. Before you start reading would suggest you find somewhere to hide, as you wont want to stop reading and if anyone was to disturb you, well they might be running for cover.
147 reviews
November 13, 2017
Autumn you always manage to amaze me. Once again you nailed it. After everything teller has been through its nice to see he's getting his own happily ever after, and I certainly don't mind it being over 2 books. Not gonna mention the girls name who turns out to be tellers girl, but underneath she is kickass, was unsure about her going at trinity but she owned up to her mistake and I thought ya it don't help that everyone gets on all the time so I really liked that. Can't wait to see what she actually hiding from teller, so looking forward to the next part. Awesome read folks if you've not read this series or anything by this author you need your head testing some great stuff
Profile Image for Belinda Donaldson.
133 reviews6 followers
September 14, 2017
I have waited what feels like a eternity for Tellers story and let me say it was so worth the wait.

Teller is still a dark place after his accident, seeing his sister with his best friend and not being able to ride.

When Murphy and Heidi need legal advice a blast from the past one that Teller has never been able to forget makes a appearance, Teller feels something he hasnt felt in a long time....hope.

Charlotte has grown up to be a child advocate lawyer but is also a biker brat. When her one night stand from years ago waltzes into her officer flying colours from a rival MC she struggles from the life she grew up knowing and the life he is trying to show her.

This story has been split into 2 books, no it doesnt end on a cliffhanger but Teller deserved this story to be told and to do it justice it ended up being split so Miss Lake could afford to do that.

But have no fear book 2 is out next month.
Profile Image for Athena Stephenson.
695 reviews2 followers
ALL THE STARS!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Y'all Autumn Jones Lake has done it again!! Teller's story is AMAZING!! 😍😍I don't wanna spoil anything so I won't say much about the story except that Teller has for sure met his match and watching him fall for her is just the sweetest most swoon worthy thing ever! 💕 Throw in their off the charts chemistry and you have a sizzling sexy love story! Don't worry though, Autumn still brings the drama and danger that is always threaded throughout the LOKI series!! I can't wait for part 2 and I pray everyday that Autumn never stops writing this series. I'm totally ok reading about grampa's Rock, Wrath, Murphy, Teller, Z and Grama's Hope, Trinity and Heidi!! LOL Maybe throw in a book about Alexa as a teenager! That's how phenomenal this series and Autumn's writing skills are!! A definite must read!!
Profile Image for Sabrina Kish.
11 reviews
September 14, 2017
Layers like an onion people! Slice in and read! Autumn never fails to have something different in each book this one had a few surprises in it for me but once I came to the realization that all involved were ok with it then why wouldn't I be? Teller is hot, cool, hard and soft all at the same time. I truly loved finding out more about him as I have every one of the characters in the series. His girl is all of the same things he is which makes them work well. I like that she knows what she wants and isn't afraid to ask for it. So many obstacles to over come and yet I know they have the ability to do it (and not just because it's a romance with Autumn's HFN ending) She left us hanging in the end but thankfully not for long. You'll get a taste of all of your favorite characters as well.
Profile Image for Rosa Sharon (iScream Book Blog).
1,867 reviews293 followers
October 30, 2017
#TeamTeller #GingerPower #LOKIlove #BeyondReckless

Yeah, I admit it. I'm a Lost Kings MC addict. It seems that I'm already jonesing for the next book before I've read the last page of the current book. The characters have so much depth and personality, the author makes you feel like you're sitting in the clubhouse with them. And... in the bedroom. I'm not ashamed to be a voyeur, spying on their sexy shenanigans.

Teller is most known for being Heidi's older brother. He's best friends with Murphy, the man who's been in love with her for years. The road to that relationship is a book all it's own, and one not to be missed. Teller got his road name for his gift with numbers, and the ability to make money for the club. He's an officer, the Treasurer. He's well respected and loved by his brothers and their women. Recently he's been pushing the limits of their patience with his bad behavior. He's living in his own hell and sometimes it gets too much for him and it overflows onto his club family. He's trying to keep things to himself, to suffer in silence, to work his way back to mobility. The only one who seems able to make him smile lately is his baby niece. He's pretty much put his life on hold, refusing to make any changes until his injuries heal and he's able to be the man he used to be. At least that's how he sees it, in spite of the love and support he receives from his sister and club family.

He's in the habit of isolating himself, and not seeking out women to ease his frustrations. At least that's how he's been since his accident. He's not looking for a woman when he runs into a blast from his past, in the last place he expects to see her. Especially after she made it very clear what she thinks of him being involved in a motorcycle club. She was horrified and disgusted by his affiliation and couldn't get away from him fast enough. He can't deny that she still does it for him. He hasn't been able to forget their one night together. He thought she might be the one until he woke up alone. He knows she's trouble, just because she's there. But he can't help himself, he approaches her and discovers the chemistry between them is still just as intense. As if he didn't already have enough problems, he finds himself drawn to the one woman who could cause problems for him and his club. Her secret could ruin everything. But her walking away from him a second time is not what he wants from her. No, he wants so much more. He decides to keep her to himself for a while, allowing her to soothe his soul and mend some of his broken places. She's good for him, becoming the sunshine in his darkness. Too bad he can't share her with his family. They wouldn't understand. Or would they?

Damn! I hadn't realized how much I missed these amazing characters until I got to spend time with them again. It's like no time has passed as I jumped right back in the middle of their love and support for each other. Their pranks and witty banter. Their focus on the future and their determination to keep everyone safe. Their club business that keeps me on the edge of my seat and anxious for answers and assurance that everyone will come out safe on the other side. I wish I could tell you that happens, but since this is only Part One, we'll have to wait to find out. But don't worry, there is so much goodness in this amazing story that you won't regret jumping in. The excitement of waiting for the next installment next month will be something delicious to anticipate. The line forms here...
Profile Image for Jessica Alcazar.
3,861 reviews434 followers
July 18, 2018
Let me get this out of the way ... No, this book should not be read on its own. Can it be read on its own? Sure ... but see, this series is waaaay more than just stories about people and their journeys to happy-happy land. It's a story about a brotherhood. A family chosen by each and every member. A club with ups and downs, misfortunes and blessings, winding life paths they each take together for each other and for their club. So if you just want to learn how Teller gets his HEA, then by all means just start here. But if you want to experience one of the best motorcycle club series out today, then start at the beginning.

There is a depth to Autumn Jones Lake's story telling skills that always leaves me in awe after I read her stories. They are just so ridiculously well plotted out and unfolded, you miss nothing. I've said this many many times, but this woman misses nothing in her stories. She is thorough and precise and her character development is the better for it! Her stories are an investment. They are not quick reads. They are meant to be absorbed and savored. They are just beautiful. Every member of this club has stolen my heart at one point or another. My true love will always be with Z, but they all hold a special place in my heart because they hold each other in each other's hearts! These men and woman are unwavering in their commitment to one another. And Teller tests that commitment in his story. BOY DOES HE TEST IT. But fear not, this brotherhood is strong and resilient and they always stand together in the end.

Teller's story is not an easy story. His journey is traveled thru an unpaved road. His story tore my heart to pieces but also gave me hope. His struggles are real and relatable. His actions and reactions are real and relatable and my heart really hurt for him. Thru all his personal demons, there comes a light. It's a really bright light :) It's a light I'm rooting for FOR SURE! But the light doesn't come without consequences. That light has demons of its own and this journey got real really damn quick .

This journey doesn't come to its happy-happy just yet. There is a pause in the journey. A fork in the road. Let me be clear, this does not end in a cliffhanger. It's a moment. A moment that needs a pause. #TRUST

I've said this exact quote for a previous book but I think it fits even more deeply with Teller's journey ... It's a story of strength. Strength in one's self and strength in one's world around us. It's a story of loyalty and love and honor, but above ALL, it's a story of faith and hope. I can't wait to read the second half of this journey!

Copy provided for blog tour review
Profile Image for Deborah.
3,287 reviews429 followers
February 17, 2021

Oh wow I was not expecting a cliffhanger but then I’m late to the party and the next few books are out so no cliffhanger for me.

I’ve been on the fence about Teller to be honest. But I enjoyed this book and him.
Charlotte I’m not 100% sold on. But hopefully the next book will correct that.
Profile Image for Sue.
1,908 reviews23 followers
September 16, 2017
Autumn Jones Lake has never let me down. Book after book of this series has kept me entertained and falling in love with her characters, and Beyond Reckless is no exception. Teller...OMG...how I ache for this guy. He is messed up both physically and emotionally and it would take a strong and patient and smart woman to be with him...and I hope he found her. Since this is only part one of a story, I will have to wait till book 2 to get all my answers and find out if this new couple gets their HEA when all odds are against them at the point this book ends.
BTW...the first few chapters hit you in the heart and the lady parts with some full steam ahead scenes that were so hot they about combusted my kindle. Lordy, Teller is one fine piece of work and the way this author writes him is so engaging and real...it amazes me every time how her characters come to life. If you have read the rest of this series you will just have to read this one...because Teller's story is one that demanded to be really told in full. Loved it!
I received a free copy of this book for an honest review.

***** 5 ***** "where do they go from here?" stars
Profile Image for Renee.
3,354 reviews35 followers
September 18, 2017
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review for Stephanie's Book Reports.

Beyond Reckless: Teller's Story, Part One is the eighth book in Autumn Jones Lake's Lost Kings MC Series. You can read this book as a standalone but it is a duet so expect a cliff hanger. If this is your first time reading one of her books in this series she has included a glossary of characters, businesses and terms used in the MC world. That is the first time I have ever seen that done in a MC book and I love that she did that so new readers wouldn't feel lost.

Marcel "Teller" Whelan is the treasurer of the Lost Kinds MC and has always been honest and responsible. At ten years old he was already taking care of his baby sister. By the age of eighteen he patched into the Lost Kings MC and took on a major role in shaping the clubs future. Three years ago he thought he had met the perfect woman only to have her reject everything he is - A Lost King. Now after an accident that has left a girl dead and Teller almost crippled he is struggling thought the darkest time of this life. His niece, sister, best friend and his MC family are the only things holding him together however his reckless actions just might drive everyone away. When he least expects it fate steps in and he runs into the woman he has thought about for the last three years and thought was the one. Sparks fly and he knows she is his ride-or-die woman and she is able to calm his meany demons and bring light back into his life. However, she has a secret....on that forces him to lie to his brothers. When his brothers find out who he is falling in love with it will create a storm of chaos for the Lost Kinds MC. But if there is one thing Teller's life has taught him, is that sometimes love is worth the chaos.

Welcome to Teller and Charlotte's story. The first book in a two part duet. Beyond Reckless is a little background and a who lot of Teller and Charlotte falling for each other. I love both of these characters but I can so see how the secret they are keeping could play a major role in some serious trouble for the Lost King's. I do not want to give anything away about the secret. You need to discover it while reading the book just like I did. Then you can be just as shocked as I was. I loved how well we get to know Teller in this first book. He is beyond amazing and when Charlotte was reluctant to just fall I wanted to shake her and say woman, you have one of the most amazing men ever standing right in front of you. Do not mess this up. You will love watching these two develop into what they are as much as I did but be ready for just when things get crazy the book ends. However the wait is not long for the second book Beyond Reason. It is due to be released in October and I for one can not wait to see where the journey takes Teller, Charlotte, and the rest of the Lost King's MC.
Profile Image for DJ Sakata.
3,007 reviews1,736 followers
September 26, 2017
My Rating:

4.5

Favorite Quotes:

… any woman who doesn’t want you when you’re a little banged up, doesn’t deserve you when you’re at your best.

Everyone has scars… They just mean you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you.

Thank God you’re not one of those guys who wears skinny jeans… You know what I mean. The pants that are so tight you can tell what religion the guy is.

Rock judges people based on a number of things and skin color has never been one of them. He dislikes everyone equally.

What are you trying to tell me? You’ll look back and remember me as the one who put the snap back in your turtle?

My Review:

While reading the latest addition to the Lost Kings series, I was smirking, gasping, and fanning myself through some highly erotic sensual scenes and enjoying the irreverent humor, salacious banter, family drama, and a ton of naughty fun - all sandwiched into an engaging storyline. The Lost Kings are an unusual MC in how they treat each other and their women, although they are still proud alphas, loud, boisterous, and able to handle their business. I was rolling right along and enjoying this smokin’ hawt and lascivious MC romance packed with lewd and dirty talking yet sweet and quirky alpha men and their feisty women, when it came to a tense spot and then, just stopped. NO!

I am stamping my little foot, foaming at the mouth, spewing invectives and turning the air around me blue – grrr! I was totally unprepared for an incomplete story… I must have closure! A pox on you Autumn Jones Lake for so thoroughly hooking me like a big mouth bass and reeling me in, only to hold me dangling over a cliff for another month for part two as I must know how it resolves. But, no question about it, I will be eagerly awaiting the next installment to hit my kindle. I have never worn a cut and would give anyone a crack to the head if they called me a muffler bunny, but I am most certainly a LOKI wannabe and Autumn Jones Lake fangirl. But for now, I am off to purchase voodoo doll supplies that resemble a certain author, as well as some extra sharp pins!
Profile Image for Shawna  Wood (A Girl and Her Books).
559 reviews19 followers
August 15, 2020
Sometimes a series comes along that you just love. That no matter what happens or whose book your reading, it feels like putting on an old boyfriends sweater and just feeling at home. This is the feeling Autumn Jones Lake has created with this series. The Loki men and women are like family to me and every time i crack open a new book it's like coming home.

Teller has always been a bit of mystery of me. I always figured he was a man that carried a lot of pain and hurt and would mask his pain with jokes and women. what surprised me was the amount of guilt he carries on his shoulders. This guilt is slowly consuming Teller and is turning him into an anger and bitter person.

There are so many times in this book that I wanted to shake Teller or give him a good slap and tell him to snap out of it. He seems to be on self-destructive path and doesn't care who he takes with him. When we meet Teller's women (it's a surprise so I can't tell you, sorry) we finally meet the person that won't be afraid to kick Teller's a** into gear.

What I soon learn is this women is just as broken as Teller and it's not about her saving Teller or Teller saving her. It's really about two people who understand each other's pain and together they will walk through the hurt and together they will heal together.

Autumn has once again created another compelling and beautiful story of perseverance, love, loyalty and family and I hope she never stops writing about these characters and the LOKI world.

*************Received a review copy from Author**********
Profile Image for Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’.
2,838 reviews2 followers
September 30, 2017
I Voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book

So I haven't read the previous books, but I didn't actually have a problem reading this one, but will definitely be reading the previous books now.

As treasurer of the Lost Kings MC Teller has spent his life caring for his sister Heidi and it seems his best friend Murphy and looking after his club. Now that it seems that the people around him are finding their happily ever after it seems like Teller is struggling, and his only regret is losing the one who got away. After a loss he is trying to recover when she crosses his path again and he is going to make damn sure that he doesn't loose her again.

I felt that these two characters definitely suited each other so much. Teller was so much the alpha hero, he was sweet, caring but he was also the alpha dominant hero that we love in our MC Books. And he has a secret that he needs to let the club in on and man totally did not see that coming. And his women is everything that he needs, she's tough, strong but she also has a vulnerable side that allows Teller to be there for her.

Definitely a book that I can reread, but also cannot wait for the next part as I really need to know how this is going to end... But I am definitely going back and reading the previous books.

Reviewed on behalf of
Profile Image for Izzie d.
4,004 reviews258 followers
August 1, 2022
Good story, changed things up a bit so it is original.
It does end on a cliffhanger. The story is unfinished though the couple have got together but it's left with issues that could tear them apart.
The next book is planned for release in a month.

Teller and Charlotte.
Misunderstanding but it's sorted out quite quickly.
Teller thinks Charlotte is looking down on the MC world but it is revealed that she has family ties, though not involved with a rival, untrusted enemy club.

No intimate scenes other than the Hero and heroine.
Once Teller meets the heroine he is all about her and turns down other offers.

Cliffhanger ending for next book.

There is a review of events from Murphy and Heidi's book as Teller's accident and recovery cross over time scale wise with events from their book so best to read series inorder as possible spoilers.
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Mel.
34 reviews1 follower
September 20, 2017
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
I was eagerly awaiting for this book to come out and Autumn certainly didn't disappoint (not that she ever has).
You will view Teller in a whole different light in this book. Rock has always been my favourite since day 1 and that has not changed (Wrath nearly changed that for me, nearly!). Until now (eek!) I am so close to making Teller my favourite Lost King after reading Beyond Reckless.
This does end on a teeny bit of a cliff hanger but the next installment is released next month so not that long to wait. And then in the mean time you can re read this series from the beginning a few times (which is what I will be doing).
Profile Image for Sara.
89 reviews
September 29, 2017
Right from the start Marcel & Charlotte were hot for one another. Their chemistry was off the charts. Once you dig deeper under the chemistry Autumn Jones Lake has once again given her readers a well developed, heart stopping, hot, steamy thoroughly enjoyable story. Though this story could be read as a stand alone, but it is so much better when you have read the whole series. By the time you get done with each couples story you really feel like you know them. That they could be part of your family. Some people complain that Autumn should not spread each couple over so many books. I say forget that and give me more. The multiple books are not just throwaways that come off as well she's just writing another one to make more money. Each book adds another layer to the story. Gives us more pieces and makes the puzzle even bigger. I for one can't wait for book two and hope that there is a third. I would love another Rock & Hope book, Wrath & Trinity and of course Murphy & Heidi.
I have to say one of my favorite parts of Beyond Reckless was when Charlotte confronted Trinity. I love Trinity, but man did I enjoy reading Charlotte stand up to her and claim her man. Teller deserves someone who is strong just like he is. There are so many things to love about Beyond Reckless, but I would be remiss if I did not mention the super hot sexy time between our H and h. Charlotte pushes the envelope about what she needs to fulfill herself. I love that only Teller can give it to her. That he has to control what she gets from him. This is a 5 Star must read!
Profile Image for AussieMum.
1,303 reviews41 followers
September 18, 2017
This is one of the few MF authors that is an auto buy for me.

I love her writing. Love her characters. This series keeps going from strength to strength and part 1 of Tellers story is no different.

He's met his match. Did I see it coming? No. But maybe I should have. One of the absolutely wonderful things about Autumn's writing is how she threads these characters lives together. She leaves hints, like breadcrumbs, everywhere. But an extra sentence here, a little mention there, if you blink you'll miss it. It's subtle and real and is part of what makes this series so damn good. What makes re-reading it so good.

I hate when an author doesn't trust their audience enough to "get it". Some authors beat you over the head with details just to make sure you understand the what's and why of it all. Not Autumn. She trusts her readers and her storytelling. So every damn time you get a quality story. With all its quirks and wit.

So that's why I'll never complain about a story being told in two parts. When you have this authors entire backlog you already know she doesn't churn out average books. She's not someone who bows to the pressure on social media. Yeah, she might fret over how her readers will accept things, but ultimately she listens to her characters and lets them lead her. I love that.

Yeah, there's a cliffhanger. But waiting a month for book 2 is nothing. Bring it on.
35 reviews
September 16, 2017
Amazing!!!! Teller has never been my favorite LOKI man but he is now tied as my favorite with his best friend, Murphy. He has faced some hard times in his life and now it's his turn for for love. Who knew it would be with a girl that you would least imagine? I highly recommend this book. I can't wait til part two comes out.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 281 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.