Start by marking “Faerie Moon” as Want to Read:
Faerie Moon

Faerie Moon

Eighteen-year-old private investigator Veronica Dye is only trying to make some quick cash when she agrees to take on a seemingly routine missing person case. But when her client turns out to be a fugitive from the kingdom of the faerie, Veronica must use all of her wits to survive the night of the faerie moon.

After a bungled investigation leaves her desperate to recover
Published May 19th 2017 by Independently Published

To ask other readers questions about Faerie Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Faerie Moon

Start your review of Faerie Moon
Richard Dominguez
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Richard by: Goodreads
First off I want to say that fantasy as a reading genre was not (till not long ago) my "thing". This is only the second fantasy story I have reviewed, so please keep that in mind as you read on.
The first thing I liked about "Faerie Moon" was Victoria Dye, I found her fresh, determined and loyal, the qualities I imagine a hero would possess. The story is well paced, reads easy (making for enjoyable reading) and has enough of the elements of a good fantasy story to keep me interested without
Michelle
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I received this book through a goodreads giveaway. I gave it two stars because I had several issues with it. It had the potential to be a good story but certainly fell short. It almost seemed as though two books had just been cut in half and stuck together in the middle. The first 150+ pages are a slow introduction to the main characters, then all of a sudden the reader is thrust into a confusing nonsensical realm of magic and illusion. If I didnt know better I would think it was written by a ...more
Brittany Francis
I received a copy of this book free in exchange for an honest review: The story follows 18 year old Veronica Dye, a detective of sorts. When she is hired for a strange but easy mission, she agrees in exchange for an intriguing reward.

I really enjoyed the plot in this book. It mixed the real world, detective work, and a lot of mythological lore. It's a great book for those who like a mix of realism and Faerie stories. It was a quick, fun read.

There were a bunch of things that bothered me while I
Rebecca Cecil
Mar 09, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shari
May 02, 2018 added it
Shelves: books-i-won
So excited I won a copy of this book.
Jill
Dec 03, 2017 rated it liked it
In this missing person case, gone magical, young Veronica Dye works for her alcoholic father in a detective agency. There are points in the story where the readers have to just go with the flow and accept such events may happy in a fairyland. The plot is based on decent versus evil. It also looks at what people may be willing to do for love.

I received this book through a Goodreads giveaway. Although encouraged, I was under no obligation to write a review. The opinions I have expressed are my
John
Dec 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The cover implies a cutesy story, far from the truth. There are a few 25 cents words that are unnecessary. Veronica is in peril, out of peril, in peril, out of peril much too much. Some of her encounters are intriguing but some are way out there.
Fairwren
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Faerie Moon has an interesting fantasy story that has modern times paralleling a fantasy universe. It has your classic portal concept, where you can only enter the fantasy realm at certain times... hence the Faerie Moon. I'll give you my rating before I get into a little summary and review.

I give it four stars.
I really liked this book, but at the very beginning, I groaned aloud. The author's prose was very florid and didn't feel believable. Luckily, it didn't carry over into the the rest of the
Lyn
This was a decent little book, a very quick read. I did find certain aspects of it a little ridiculous, such as an 18-year-old being a reliable private investigator, and the two 18-year-old getting engaged after knowing each other for only twelve hours or so, with nearly all of that spent apart... But those things don't kill my ability to enjoy a story. What does do that is when I have no idea what's going on, as happened in a couple of chapters while Veronica was in Faerie. I'd say that ...more
Shelley
May 10, 2018 rated it liked it
I received this book in a Goodreads Giveaway free of charge and was asked to give an honest review. I gave the book a 3 star rating. I did like the book, but that's it. I did not love it and would not reread it. The plot was good and the book could have been great, but it fell short. The star of the story is supposed to be 18 but it does not seem likely. Once you finally become somewhat immersed in the story the author suddenly stops and inserts a Greek mythology lesson that was dull and boring ...more
Luisa
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: giveaways
I won a copy of this book on goodreads in exchange for an honest review. First off I just could not get into this book, and I had a hard time relating to the chatacters. I also did not understand the purpose of the Greek myth in the middle of the story. I acknowledge I may not be the intended audience for this book. I do not have anything against fairy's as I have read books and stories in which they were featured, I also have come across the concept of changlings as well. I just did not feel ...more
Trevenna
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
While I enjoyed parts of the book, there were parts that I could have done without. The part with the piles of bones and the battle with the creature didn't really seem like it would be an entrance to Faerie Land. It did fit in later in the story and made more sense. The parts in the castle where Veronica went thru several physical changes was not one of my favorite parts. I was hoping for more interaction with the faeries and beautiful scenes like I would picture a fairy land to be. I felt like ...more
Diana Mack
Received as a goodreads win

To be fair...this is the first book I have ever read digitally. Not a fan. Miss the heft of a book.
And...i enjoy some fantasy. I love fairies, Dragon s and love. My problem was this book couldn't even be rated YA. It came across too juvenile.
The number if times the heroine blacked out and was then able to just jump up and climb mountains and battle evil fey .
The love...im not an Insta love person so that didn't work for me
I loved the cover. There's part of me that
Kayla
Feb 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaways
I received this book as a Goodreads giveaway:
I have some conflicting opinions on this one, while I did like it there were parts that seemed rushed and/or irrelevant and didn't seem to add anything to the story. I think the base story line was interesting and if it was either longer, or published as 2 sperate books it would have likely fixed the rushed feeling and been able to have the detail without feeling like information overload. I liked the characters but based on the story I think Veronica
Ashley
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'll be honest. I almost picked this up after a rough read, and put it back down after skimming some of the reviews. I wish I had grabbed it out of my to read pile sooner though! The story kept me intrigued and the characters caught my attention. I really loved some of the twists in traditional lore! I don't want to say too much because I don't want to accidentally give spoilers, but I think this was a good mix of mystery, adventure, and a little love tossed in too!
Barbara White
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed Faerie Moon and recommended it to my students. They loved it, particularly the girls. They enjoyed a girl in an important job, hoping they'll be able to be successful in their future. Descriptions allowed us to have mental images of what was occurring in the story. The cover art is very appealing. Thanks to Goodreads First Reads for a copy of Faerie Moon. My students and I look forward to more books from Matt and Francesca.
Sherri
Jan 16, 2018 rated it liked it
I won this book in a Goodreads Giveaway. Following is my honest review:

Faerie Moon is a short, well-written fantasy story that I thoroughly enjoyed reading. While the Fantasy is not something I would typically find myself drawn to, I did like this lighthearted jaunt with teen, Veronica Dye into the fantasy world.

The Cover is very pretty and seems to be marketing to the teen crowd perhaps?

Worth a read!
megan
Jan 06, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaway
I won a copy of this book in a giveaway. This book was a quick and relatively easy read, but I didn't find myself particularly invested in the plot. It seemed like the main character, Veronica, lacked depth, which made it difficult to be interested in her story. Some of her actions were unrealistic, especially how quick she was to fall in love with Sebastian. Overall, this book was a decent quick read, but it wasn't very memorable.
Barbara Ranous
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
I was a winner from the Goodreads Giveaways and in exchange was asked to give my opinion about it. I do appreciate being chosen to review this book as I usually enjoy fantasy stories.

I gave it two stars because, in my humble opinion, the story didn't quite gel together. I felt like I was being jerked from one situation to another too quickly and it didn't feel quite right or "flow".
Alicia Proctor
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
What a pleasant suprise and a great first book! I read it in one sitting. Though I would have liked to have seen a bit more character development in the beginning (mainly with Veronica...she's not your average 18 year old and I want to know more what's going on in her head!) and the story timeline seemed rushed at times, I really enjoyed following these characters on their journey.
Sandy
Jan 10, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: couldn-t-finish, fae
I won a copy of this book on Goodreads in exchange for an honest review. I liked the idea of the hero being a female who had to rescue the male character. Unfortunately I couldn’t finish this. Veronica’s character didn’t feel very well developed and partway through the book the plot got very confusing.
Judie Dooley
Mar 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: finished
I was drawn to this book by it's lovely cover. I won this book from Goodreads--thank you for choosing me. I was really anxious to read Faerie Moon. It started out ok, but after I read the first couple of chapters it kind of lost me. I didn't give up and kept reading it all the way to the end.
I'd recommend this book to anyone who enjoys faerie Tales--
Kara Golden
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent fantasy read

I truly cannot remember the last time I took a book down in two days but that’s exactly what happened here. I loved everything. The strong female heroine starts off in an ordinary way, leading into a mystical faery world, in an attempt to help a client. Very suspenseful and beautifully written. I could easily imagine the world(s), very vivid.
Janet
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Faerie Moon was an adventure for Veronica Dye that turned into something enchanting. She met an unbelievable ghost like man and found herself drawn to his story of the fairies. Magic and adventure are inspiring these two characters to fight for the survival of Sebastian. This was a Goodreads giveaway winner.
Kim Bakos
Dec 09, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't make it past the first few pages. I don't usually read fantasy but was willing to give it a try. But as a Christian, I don't read things with the occult in them. I didn't get very far before there was a tarot card reading and a palm reading - enough to have me quit this book.
Rhonda Aquila
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
Started as a very interesting supernatural mystery, halfway in, I was struggling to finish. Throw in some Hercules and then what seemed a warped Alice in Wonderland... just not my thing. First half of read was interesting enough that I will try another book by this author
Amanda Robeson
Sep 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaways
I received this book through the Goodreads giveaway. This book reminded me of Alice in wonderland. I thought the story was interesting but I wish their wasn't an insta-love between Veronica and Sebastian.
Mary Migone
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Never to old for a faerie tale!

Enchanting read- I enjoyed the sassy heroine in her quest to free Sebastian from the faerie realm. The author describes the sights around her in such detail I felt as if I was there to. A magician read!
Gemma Best
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining young adult story which reads like a fairy tale and is well written with a strong main character.
Tammy Baggett
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed the story. A fun, quick read.

• Forest of Lost Secrets
  • Murder in Cherry Hills (Cozy Cat Caper Mystery, #1)
  • The Palace of Lost Memories (After the Rift #1)
  • Finding Home (Hometown Harbor, #1)
  • Hostile Witness (Witness, #1)
  • Bound (The Witches of Doyle #1)
  • Highway To Hell (The Hell Fire Series Book 1)
  • The Whispered Word (Secret, Book, & Scone Society, #2)
  • Transformation (The Clandestine Saga, #1)
  • A Field of Red (Frank Harper Mysteries #1)
  • An Unremembered Grave
  • WishCraft (Touch of Magick Series Book 1)
  • Dangerous Places (Leah Nash Mysteries #3)
  • Coyote (A Jessica James Mystery, #2)
  • Genesis
  • Ghost Detective (Myron Vale Investigations, #1)
  • Behind Every Lie
  • No Escape Claws (Second Chance Cat Mystery, #6)