Start by marking “Brave Enough” as Want to Read:

Brave Enough

Teenager Cason Martin is the youngest ballerina in the Atlanta Ballet Conservatory. She never really had a choice of whether she learned to dance or not. Her mother, the conservatory's artistic director, has made all the decisions in Cason's life. But that's about to change. Cason has been hiding an injury, and it's much worse than anyone imagines.

Davis Channing understand
Published August 21st 2018 by Flux

To ask other readers questions about Brave Enough, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brave Enough

Sara➽ Ink Is My Sword
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 “Getting to be brave enough” Stars

After a lot of thought I think is important to leave a part of the author’s note as the start of this review. Some quotes that I loved will be at the end of it. This touched me.

FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED.

Disclaimer: Copy provided by the publisher and Ne
Alana • thebookishchick
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-arcs

"When I was a teenager and reading every book I could get my hands on, I was desperate for a girl that looked like me. For a girl who had cancer and lived. And it was really hard to come by. So, I wrote one."

Normally I like to start off my reviews with a quote from the book, however, we're going change things up a little bit today. This quote is from the author's note at the very end of this story and I would be 110% lying if I didn't ugly cry after reading this. But really, how powerful an
jv poore
Cason Martin is not a typical high-school student. She attends—half-days and classes only. Isolating, yet unavoidable. As prima ballerina in the Atlanta Ballet Conservatory properly preparing to audition for the American Ballet Theatre, she only has time to dance. This plan has been in place for as long as Cason can remember. No distractions allowed—certainly not this nagging pain in her knee.

Everything changes in an instant when Cason learns that she won’t be pampering a pulled muscle. The inj
Aneela ♒the_mystique_reader♒
This is a story of Cason Martin and Davis Channing. Their sickness brought them together as both of them are cancer survivors. Besides cancer, Cason also struggles with her shattered dream of being a ballerina and Davis stuggles with drug addiction. I liked Davis's character because he is so caring and supportive. Cason on the other hand was too bland for me. I tried but I could not connect with her.

Overall, I have mixed feelings about this book. Coming from an author who is a cancer survivor he
chandler ainsley ❁
buddy read with my OG buddy ready partner in crime & lovely lady who i am a terrible influence on: sara
Lara (Bookish_turtle)
If you've ever seen any of my status updates, you will know that I am an absolute sucker for judging books by their covers, and this was no exception. As soon as I saw this on Netgalley, I knew I needed it. I think I even requested it without reading the description if I'm honest here. But DAMN!!! The story definitely lives up to that beautiful cover. A super-cute read!!

A part of me is screaming that this only deserves four stars. This book probably does deserve four stars. But I loved reading i
Kylie
Mar 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
** I received an ARC from NetGalley and publisher North Star Editions in exchange for my honest review**

“Your smile is one of my favorite things.”… “And not just on you, like, it’s one of my favorite things in this world.”

After finishing this novel, I mainly have positive things to say. I love the setting of the story, I always have been interested in hospital storylines. I really enjoyed how much the characters developed over the length of the story. And I didn't hate any of the characters (bes
Farhina ↯↯ The Wanderer Of Inked Adventures
Rating: 3.5
Thank you to NetGalley the e-ARC in exchange for an honest review

This story is about Cason and Davis. Cason is the youngest ballerina in the Atlanta Ballet Conservatory, But her life is turned a 360 degree when she gets diagnosed with Bone Cancer. Davis has survived cancer, but his drug addiction nearly killed him. Now 7 months sober sentenced to do community service on the cancer ward where he was treated, his life collides with Cason where she is also being treated....

The title of t
Kayla
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was such a deep beautiful story about Cancer and Drug addiction and Love, the book was so well written and the plot was so realistic.
Kiera
I originally picked up this book because the main character was ballerina, but this book is really so much more than that, I may have also picked this book up because of the GORGEOUS cover!
I really really enjoyed this book. It was so good.
I loved Davis he was so sweet and kind to Cason and I loved how he did so much at the hospital and how Davis was battling with an addiction and there was stuff going on in his life but he didn't let that knock him down. Such a powerful character. I really lik
✧ k a t i e ✧
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, beautiful-covers
"We all have something we're afraid of. We all have something we're fighting."

Don't let the pretty cover deceive you. This book is hella emotional. I can't say how many times I was crying.

Cason Martin is a dancer. She lives and breathes ballet. But her life gets flipped upside down when she finds out she has cancer. Her time at the Atlanta Ballet Conservatory is now being spent at the Children's Hospital. Then Davis Channing walks in. Davis has spent most of his childhood at the hospital si
PinkAmy loves  \u0026#x1f495; books\u0026#x1f4d6;, cats\u0026#x1f63b; and naps\u0026#x1f6cf;
***Thank you to NetGalley for providing me a complimentary copy of BRAVE ENOUGH in exchange for my honest review.***

When ballerina Cason is diagnosed with bone cancer in her leg, she fears her life is over. Davis is currently cancer free, almost a year clean and sentenced to community service on the cancer ward where he was treated. The two teens may just be able to help each other survive their difficulties.

Debut writer Kati Garner, a cancer survivor, based BRAVE ENOUGH loosely on some of her e
Kathy - Books & Munches
Like I expected, this novel was hard to get through. Not because I didn't like it - on the contrary - but because there are a lot of hard topics present. It starts with cancer, with Cason realizing she won't be the ballerina she's always wanted to be. She falls into a depression and struggles to get out.
Then we have Davis who used to have cancer. Although he doesn't anymore, that doesn't mean his life is all rainbows and butterflies. On the contrary. He's a recovering drug addict.

"Easy is borin
Milena
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc
* Thank you to NetGalley for e-ARC in exchange for an honest review *

First the good things:
-I loooved the cover for this book;
-I liked Davis (Until I did not);
-I really liked the fact that author actually knows what she is talking about.
And that's about it.
-I didn't like insta-love;
-I didn't like Casons mother (I swear to God I wanted to punch her in the face every time she was cheking her email, and she was cheking her email all the fricking time);
-I didn't like Cason AT ALL;
-I HATED emotional
Zan
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
A mixture of feelings! I wanted to like this book so much, but it just didn't sit all too well with me.

Scene: a dancer with bone cancer meets a previous cancer patient and recovering drug addict. Personal struggles, people struggles. Are they "brave enough"?

This book was nice in that it gave me the backbones of characters I wanted. We have the support systems, the wrecking balls–the buildings trying not to crumble. My problem was, that's all they were.

I had so many expectations for the emotio
Nadia
Jun 06, 2018 rated it liked it
I must admit it was the cover that initially drew me in and made me pick this book. However, after reading the book I can say that it is not just the cover that makes this book stand out. Brave Enough is a heartbreaking story of Cason - an extremely talented prima ballerina with a great future ahead of her, who is suddenly diagnosed with cancer. The story is focused primarily on Cason and a boy called Davis who is a former drug addict and a cancer survivor.

I think what is remarkable about this b
Cassandra {semi-hiatus}
*Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for the ARC in exchange for an honest review!*

“I wander sometimes, but I’m not lost.”

Actual rating: 3.5 stars.

This was an easy read. It was sweet and left you with a content and joyful fluttering in your gut. Add on that it handled cancer kids, drug addiction, and other life shattering situations, and this was a solid solution to a few hours of boredom.

I enjoyed both Cason’s and Davis’ characters. Both were going through serious issues (Cason losing her
Raksha R
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 out of 5 stars

Firstly thank you to NetGalley for giving me this opportunity to read and provide an honest review for this book.

Author's note:

Ok so this book was actually pleasantly surprising. Was it my favourite book? No. Was I obsessed? No. But did I enjoy it a lot? Hell ya.

Books tha
Shirley Cuypers
Original review

This book was provided by the publisher through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Flux and Netgalley!

Brave Enough
tells the story of Cason and Davis. Cason is the youngest ballerina in the Atlanta Ballet Conservatory, and was hiding her injury while doing an audition. But after her audition, everything changed… Davis is a cancer survivor, but his drug addiction almost killed him. But his addiction is still taking its toll.

Brave Enough was such a beautiful book
Hélène Louise
(I thank Netgalley and North Star Editions - Flux for sending me the ARC in exchange for my honest review)

I was very happy to read this book, which has many qualities of authenticity.

Indeed the author has chosen a subject that matters a lot to her, as she’s directly concerned. She explains, in the end of the book, that she had the same cancer as her heroine as a child, and have lost her left leg as a result. The story and its characters are the product of her imagination, but all the facts, the
Manon
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I was provided an ARC via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Brave Enough tells the story of Cason Martin, a ballerina/high school student and Davis Channing a cancer survivor/drug addict/high school student.
The story starts as Cason takes the audition of her life that will make her part of a huge dance company… But as she finishes it, she can feel something break in her knee and latter learns that she has bone cancer.
Meanwhile, Chase is coming out of rehab and is sentenced to community
Paula Roussel (She Sniffs Books)
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, arc-2018
I received an ARC via NetGalley for an honest review. All thoughts are my own.

description

SONG I LISTENED TO WHILE WRITING REVIEW

In that one moment her perfect, prima-ballerina, pink-tutu world fell off its pointe. She wasn't Cason Marting, prima ballerina, anymore. She was Cason Martin, number T7654908, cancer patient.

Bravo to debut author Kati Gardner for this amazing story about a prima ballerina with cancer and a recovering drug addict fighting the need to use again. It's a story about real life situ
Kim Chance
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow. I just finished this book a few minutes ago, and I'm sitting here in a puddle of tears! I was so incredibly moved by this powerful tale of two young people, Cason and Davis, who are trying to put themselves back together after life-changing events--cancer and drug addiction. The heart of this book is truly the journey the characters go on, the struggles they endure, and their fight for survival. I was blown away by this raw and realistic look at how we all get dealt bad hands in life, and w ...more
MissBecka
Thank you so much to NetGalley and Flux for hooking me up with this beautifully depressing ARC.
This is a two POV story told through the alternating eyes of Cason and Davis.
They are both dealing with extreme hardships in life and find comfort in a new friendship with eachother.
The bulk of the story if magnificently honest and painful and yet so lovely.
I wish there were more, I wanted more with the two of them. I wanted to know what was next for them and see them out in the world.
(view spoiler)
Isha
Apr 04, 2018 rated it liked it
*3.5 Stars

I received an eARC of this book via NetGalley for an honest review.

This book was a lot more emotional and hard-hitting than I thought it would be. I did not expect to have the feelings that I did, either. That being said, as much as I wanted to love this book, there were some things that needed to be improved upon that I can’t ignore.

The Main Characters: Cason and Davis. I felt way more connected to Davis than I did to Cason, but I still did not feel like I knew either of them really w
Jay -hooked on books
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews-written
Cason and Davis- one battling cancer currently, and the other a cancer survivor, rebuilding his life after having been addicted to narcotics. Stripping down the plot to its bare-bones like this might beget comparisons to The Fault in Our Stars, and it is important to point out that these two novels are very different from each other.

Brave Enough, while telling the story of two teenagers living with cancer and addiction, also sheds light at several important aspects of it. What does it mean, to
Jaime
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This book was lovely.

I've never read about childhood cancer so I was a little apprehensive about how intense it was going to be. At the same time, I was also worried about how real the situation was going to feel. After reading the author's note about how she had the same kind of cancer as Cason, it made it feel all the more real.

Cason's story was incredibly heartbreaking. Her fears and anger were so real and heartfelt that it made me so sad for her. I loved how she pushed through her pain, but
Ayah
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Raw....
Honest....
Heartbreaking...
Beautiful....

My review will be up soon
Kerri Hall
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had the honor of reading a draft of this book. Prepare to be wowed! I cannot wait for its debut on August 21, 2018.
Sam
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-read, netgalley
You can find this review and others on my blog SleepySamReads!

Special thanks to NetGalley and Flux for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I requested Brave Enough on NetGalley because of the beautiful cover. I don't even remember if I read the summary. If I had, I don't know if I would have requested it. Most of the time with books about cancer and sick kids, I find that the authors very rarely have any idea what they're talking about. They're usually written by able-bodied people
Kati is a recovering actor who has spent the last few years keeping tiny humans alive. In high school she was determined to play a doctor on General Hospital and possibly add in a love story with Jonathan Jackson. She would spend hours toiling away on FanFiction for my AOL community and dreaming of the day she would accept a Daytime Emmy Award. In college she majored in Theater arts and spent lots ...more