Start by marking “Healing Him (The Den Boys, #2)” as Want to Read:
Healing Him (The Den Boys, #2)

Healing Him

(The Den Boys #2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  190 ratings  ·  44 reviews
“I hated that I was like this, but after years of trying to work through it I was beginning to feel like I’d never be normal.” ~ Cody

Hiding the fact that I was in love with my best friend Isaac used to be the most complicated part of my day, until a chance meeting with a handsome stranger named Jonah sent my life into a tailspin. Scars from my past have stopped me from giv
Published August 29th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Healing Him, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Healing Him

really liked it 4.00  ·

Barbara➰
So, after reading book 1, I knew I'd be interested in Cody who was harboring supposedly unrequited feelings for his best friend Issac. Both were scared to make a move on the other. Cody, due to severe sexual abuse during his childhood and Issac because he knew Cody could never stand his touch. Each accepting they could only be friends. Then in steps Jonah, older and a counselor, who is attracted to them both.

I enjoyed this one more than book 1 but I still think there was way too much sex...yes,
AussieMum
DNF 75% no rating -personal pet peeve alert-

I liked the start of this. The writing was good. It had me smiling. Curious. Feeling empathy for Cody and Isaac who so obviously liked each other but for "reasons" weren't together. And then we met Jonah. He's a nice guy, etc, etc, etc...

But...(view spoiler)
Happily Ever Chapter
✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ FOUR-STAR ✩ REVIEW ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩

> > Judging a Book by it's Cover < <
Handsome young man in a white t-shirt. Same background as Book 1 ties the two together.
Scrawling script font is messy and not clean. Author font is strong and bold. Since reading book 1, I was interested in Cody's story and the synopsis is interesting - can't wait!

> > Looking Deeper < <
POV ~> Multiple first person perspectives, all clearly marked and easy to follow.

A bartender, a construction wor
Carra
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
This story had my attention with the blurb that gives 3 different characters’ points of view—M/M/M is a favorite of mine, as long as all of the characters in the relationship have plenty of depth and are all given equal attention in the story. The author did a great job of this with Cody, Isaac and Jonah—none of them were shortchanged, and getting to see everything from all three points of view gave so much more insight into their relationship, emotions and feelings.

You can’t not feel for Cody.
Joyfully Jay
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

This book follows the first in the series, All In, and a group of friends that work at a bar called The Den. When this story first opens, Blaze from the first book is on page right away and I enjoyed that book so much it was difficult to not want to see more of Blaze and Galen. But the author takes three main characters here and brings them together almost effortlessly and for most of the book there is little drama in having Cody, Isaac, and Jonah work as a single
Emily Seelye
Aug 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, m-m, triads

This is the story of how Cody, an abuse survivor, learned to trust that not everyone wanted to hurt him sexually. He has been in love with his best friend Isaac since they met, but it's not until they meet Jonah, does he get the courage to confess his feelings. The three are equally attracted to each other, so they agree to date.

Cody has had tons of therapy since being sexually abused as a child, but it wasn't until meeting his men that he felt like he could be sexually active. Isaac h
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lbr, mm, ebook

3.5 stars - This was a sweet story about Cody, a survivor of childhood sexual abuse who never thought he would be able to experience or feel intimacy or touch again. He is in love with his best friend, Isaac, but due to his issues, he has kept his feelings to himself. Issac also has feelings for Cody, but holds them back and tries to be happy with their friendship but does whatever he can to help Cody get over his issues. He basically follows Cody’s lead with everything to help Cody get used to
Bronwyn
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars - I’m rounding this one up because of Cody and Isaac. While I enjoyed book two in this series much better than I enjoyed book one, I’m going to call it quits. There was a point where Jonah’s behavior was not that of a grown man with a masters degree is psychology. Insecurity is understandable, but his behavior just seemed like it was thrown in there for the sole purpose of putting in some angst.

I was happy that every time the MCs had sex (and it was A LOT) that there weren’t constant
mrs sarah frost
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Each chapter is a POV which helps you understand each characters struggles.

Cody - an 21yr old abuse victim, who can't bare to be touched but so desperately wants his best friend Isaac, who he is madly in love with, to touch him.
Isaac - a 24yr old construction worker who's deeply in love with Cody and wants to touch and help heal him.
Jonah - a teen counselor who feels a deep connection with first Cody when he sees him come into the Open Arms then Isaac who he meets in The Den.

Isaac and Jonah wor
Lora
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 out of 5 stars

Isaac, a construction worker, Jonah, a teen counselor, and Cody, an abuse victim, all come together in this novel to form a trio of love.

I enjoyed this story because I felt like the characters were all relatable and loving. I enjoyed the relationship between Isaac and Cody and how close they were. Jonah added so much to their relationship.

BUT I struggled with how quickly Cody changed from no physical contact to being surrounded and handled a lot without much trouble. I expected
Angie
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy to read and review for Wicked Reads

I am really loving this series.....the first book I couldn't put down, the second book, I kept putting down because I didn't want it to end!!! I loved Cody and Isaac and how close they were and then you throw in Jonah and it was perfect. I loved how patient and kind they were with Cody and his issues. These three men are just wonderful together and I loved how loving and caring they were to each other. It was super sweet and super hot.
Nora Phoenix
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I’m partial to MMM ménages, when they’re well executed. Healing Him was a good example. Cody, Isaac, and Jonah were sweet together, and their relationship made sense (which isn’t always the case with MMM). Cody’s journey especially was beautiful, as being with Isaac and Jonah helped him heal (hence the title) and regain confidence, both in a sexual sense, as in relationships and life in general.

Despite Cody’s troubled and traumatized past, this book is relatively low on angst. From reading the b
Jennie
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
A painful past leaves Cody with intimacy and touch issues. Isaac is his best friend trying to help him overcome his aversion. Jonah is a counsellor at the Open Arms shelter, where Cody volunteers & they both meet.
I thought Cody was pretty brave when trying to overcome his issues but then he seemed to conquer them pretty quickly...
I did feel the connection between them all.
There were a lot of sexy times. I enjoyed the alternating POV.
Overall a pretty good read & I look forward to the o
Veronica of V's Reads
This is the second book in The Den Boys series, but reads fine as a standalone.

Cody is a 21 year old man who has just gotten his first apartment, and thrives in his job as a bartender at The Den. He's a survivor of forced child prostitution and abuse, and fled the foster care system before getting help and counseling at Open Arms, an LGBT-centered shelter in his town. It's where he met the owner of The Den, who hired him and set him up with living arrangements. Cody suffers nightmares of his abu
Derreck
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've received a free ARC in exchange for an honest review!

Healing him is a story that doesn't just revolve around one character, but three. Cody, Issac and Jonah.

There very different men, all with complex lives yet they entwine so well! It also helped clear the confusion between chapters, because their brains worked so differently.

Cody for instance comes from one of the worst, he's still in the healing stages if you ask me. Now I don't want to give away too much, but his story hits you in the
Laurie
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Beautiful story with even pacing that keeps you turning the pages. Not overly angsty, yet it’s an emotional story. As you read all that happened to Cody your greatest wish is for healing for him. And to heal it will take not one but two men. Isaac, his best friend, whom he’s loved forever. But he’s so damaged he can’t handle being touched and that makes it hard to have a relationship. So as much as he wants Isaac, he never does anything about it.
Isaac has loved Cody from afar. He knows enough a
Michaelene
Healing Him by A.T. Brennan was book two in The Den Boys series. If you want a sweet story of healing and companionship, this book will be just what you need!

Cody’s gone through a lot and it’s left emotional scars on him. He can’t stand to be touched, but what happens when you fall for not only one guy but two? Isaac’s had it bad for his friend, Cody, but he doesn’t want to rush things and leave Cody running scared. Enter Jonah, a counselor at a shelter for LGBT youth. When he meets the two swee
Cee Brown
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
ღღ)4.5 Healing Stars.
.•.•*) .•*)
(.• (.•` ღ"Three Hearts, One Love."

I love unconventional relationships, and a triad in our society is as unconventional as you can get. There is always the dynamics of how three will fit, if someone feels left out, how friends and family perseve it all. Then there is all the other nuances that creep up. Insecurities of even the strongest person, finding yourself, making it work.

I thought I had loved Blaze's and Galen's story. But book two stole my heart. It showe
Angie
Jun 21, 2018 rated it liked it
m/m/m poly romance

3 stars

There are discussions of past rape of a minor, drug use, and foster care abuse. The trigger topics are discussed in a light way and always referencing a past issue. There are no flashbacks only nightmares which are not vivid.

This book, like the first, is well written and a solid story. There is drama and struggle. My trouble is I feel Cody should have had more struggle (or if he didn't a better explanation of why he didn't). After trauma I don't feel like you go from no
Violet  Marshall
Recommends it for: Yes
This is the second book in The Den Boys Series. What an engrossing book the writing was great. The plot was entertaining and it was steady throughout the book. I found the story and characters likeable. The characters were well developed and thought out. Cody, Isaac and Jonah are the MC’s of this book. There was humor, a bar, a shelter, a break in, a pimp, a threesome, trust, love, friendship, brothers and so much more in this book.

Here is a quote from the book, “Making good use of your time off
Alexleo
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
The start of this story is a little bit difficult to believe: instalust for two men after just a few looks and small talk - pretty romantic but felt quite unbelievable. However, once the three men decided to give it a try (also in this case, the decision was taken pretty quick and without major concerns), the story developed and the issues and concerns faced by the three men were nothing simple and easygoing. As mentioned by the author at the beginning of the book, there are some sensitive subje ...more
Alexu
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.3*
Three hearts, one love <3
This is an amazing story about fighting against your insecurities twords your true love, which sometimes happens to be made out of three hearts.
Cody, which we briefly met in the first book, has an amazing and important journey to rediscover himself after a very rough childhood, one that left him broken in too many ways. However, with Isaac's help, he continues to make tiny steps forward. Until he meets Jonah.
None of them expected it, their attraction to each other
Heather Rawlins
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love menage romance and Jonah, Isaac and Cody were sweet. I like that there’s always some kind of friction on figuring out how three can be together considering jealousy, time and differences between them. It seems that it’s all about healing Cody and Cody definitely grew into his own and learned to move forward and Isaac got a chance to be who he feels most comfortable as. And Jonah had surprising issues to deal with considering he presents himself so confidently.
I thought Cody moved from unt
Amy
In Healing Him, the story centers on Cody, his best friend Isaac and Jonah, an older man by about ten years. While I'm glad Jonah didn't have to play counselor to Cody and Isaac, as a victim of sexual abuse Cody really seems to have needed one, especially delving into a new poly relationship. He has been incapable of even the barest touch since his abuse. I've always liked instalove in a story, and we have that element here with Jonah, but I'm not convinced that as much lovin that is in this boo ...more
Wendy-Book Lovers 4Ever
I did enjoy this story, while it dealt with a very horrible subject, I think the author handled the relationship between the three men wonderfully. To take Cody and Isaac from friends to lovers while pulling Jonah in was tricky. I did think Cody went from not being able to be touched to being very hands on rather quickly but you did get the sense that he loved Isaac very much. While MMM are not my normal favorite I thought this book was very sweet and loving.
I did feel that Jonah, the oldest of
avid reader 1
**Possible Spoilers**
I enjoyed this second book in the Den Boys series.
Cody is just precious. Isaac is steadfast, considerate and patient. Jonah adds maturity and strength to the mix.
They play well off of each other. The author makes you believe in the relationship and strong feelings of the three characters. The passion is strong between them and the intimate scenes are very well done.
There was an immediate change in two characters personalities about halfway thru the book that didn't seem bel
Dani Hodge
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
EMOTIONAL, INTENSE, AND SEXY!

Wow, nicely done! I am always wary about reading M/M/M reads. It will either be a hit or miss for me. Healing Him was a Hit out of the park though! I truly enjoyed reading this book! Cody, Jonah, and Issac are amazing men. And they compliment each other beautifully. The story line kept me turning the pages, and the characters were just what I love in M/M/M reads. emotional, not jealous, and just perfect. This book may not be for all M/M lovers because its poly, but I
Amanda
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked this second installment of The Den Boys series quite a bit. It is a sweet and sexy story of healing for not just the obvious character, but all of the MCs. Cody and Isaac are just adorable and Jonah is exactly what they need. I enjoyed the way the author shows the balance that makes this triad work. I did find the timing to be a little faster than I would have expected, but not unbelievable. I recommend starting with book 1, although this can be read as a standalone. Can't wait for book ...more
joani
Sep 04, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5*

I liked the characters and the story was ok but when there is too much sex you kinda loose sight of intimacy. To me 3 is a crowd and really not emotional enough for me. I like all three men but it's just to much...sex..sex...sex...sex..there needs to be more story to support a trio, something to make your heart bleed and beat for them. You want to feel there love on a deeper level then your other couples because it needs to be more.
Esther Alayeto
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
A beautiful story of healing and finding love. Very well written and developed storyline with wonderful characters. Cody suffered sexual abuse as a child and is traumatized now as an adult. Isaac and Jonah help him heal with love and yes, sexual healing also. Very HOT sexual healing. I like that Isaac and Jonah don't push Cody, they let him go at his pace as they form a triad relationship.
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.

• Golden Dancer  (Dangerous Dancers, #1)
  • Omega's New Life
  • His Knight (Shining Armor #1)
  • The Omega Learns a Lesson (The Protection of the Pack #4)
  • The Aliens and Their Omega (Volardi Mpreg #1)
  • Out of the Shadows (West Wind Pack #1)
  • The Oracle's Flame (The Oracle #1)
  • Bare for You (Outback Skies, #3)
  • In the Blaze of His Hungers
  • Manhandled
  • One Holiday Ever After
  • Professor Sandwich (Campus Cravings, #19)
  • Where I Am Now
  • Hillserpent Academy
  • Going Sasquatch (Finnegan & Morrow #1)
  • Caught on Camera: Part One
  • Taken by His Best Friend
  • Brit Boys: On Boys
A.T. Brennan, a native of Ottawa, Canada, enjoys picking up and moving every few years. A former member of the Canadian Armed Forces and current entrepreneur and author, she enjoys spending her days working on her many projects and her nights writing and not getting enough sleep. She currently lives on Canada’s East Coast with her family, enjoys collecting books and exploring the different aspects ...more

The Den Boys (6 books)
  • All In (The Den Boys, #1)
  • Breaking Free (The Den Boys, #3)
  • Sweet Surrender (The Den Boys, #4)
  • Holding On (The Den Boys, #5)
  • Falling Together (The Den Boys, #6)