Start by marking “Reckless Behavior (Bad Behavior, #3)” as Want to Read:
Reckless Behavior (Bad Behavior, #3)

Reckless Behavior

(Bad Behavior #3)

After too many years of putting his job first, Detective Andreas Ruffner is getting his priorities straight. He’s ready to spend some quality time with his adult kids, not to mention come clean about some things he should’ve told them a long time ago. And introduce them to his partner and boyfriend, Darren Corliss.

But in a heartbeat, a family dinner turns into Andreas’s wo
Published December 30th 2017 by Riptide Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Reckless Behavior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reckless Behavior

Start your review of Reckless Behavior (Bad Behavior, #3)
Shile
Houston!!

description

So many amazing reviews have already been written about this series. Nothing more to add.

I have read 2 series back to back that has got little to no romance and no sex scenes and i love them.

Huh! who are you and what have you done with the perv Shile?

description

-The Mystery was heartbreaking and great, the edge of your seat kind.

- Darren's brother story broke my little heart over and over.

-Andreas kids are amazing.

- The writing is on top and keep you glued from the beginning.

-Darren and Andreas
Simone
***4.5 Stars***

This time it gets personal...
Bildergebnis für dean winchester crying gif

... by any account.

After everything that happened in the previous books, you would think Andreas Ruffner and Darren Corliss deserved a bit downtime to get some rest and work on their relationship. Well, knowing these guys and their record for getting into trouble, you can be sure that this is wishful thinking.

Andreas, still not at the top of his game and not fit for active duty after the injury he sustained in Suspicious Behavior, has only
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
Welp, the authors did not lie when they said they were going to be SUPER mean to the boys. They delivered.

Almost immediately Andreas is shaken to the core by the kidnapping of three of his children. He tries to hold it together and does so for the most part but there were a couple dark nights of the soul. Without Darren I'm not sure what would've become of him. Darren is the rock of Gibraltar through it all until his number comes up too. Then he hides in the case to escape his own reality.

Both e
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Better, but not much*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

We're back with the ‘newly minted detective’, Darren Corliss (28) and the no longer ‘lone wolf detective’, Andreas Ruffner (in this forties?). This time we get more romance and affection, though not much, as Andreas' kids gets kidnaped. Although I had expected to see more of Andreas together with his kids, Erin (how old?), Ben (24), Casey (21), and their half sister, Emily (4), we didn't get a whole lot of them. Overall, I hope we get more depth in the last
Fabi
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was good!

and sad, and scary, and oh so wonderful.

Darren and Andreas *sigh* - that's adult love right there.

There's not a single sex scene in the book, yet the love and devotion stand out like no other story I've read in recent memory. Through the critical times and the mellow times, these two are a perfect match.

Reckless Behavior keeps us in critical mode 99% of the time. It's an edge of your seat suspense that tests our MCs' limits. Through it all there is love and caring and support that
Erth
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can't say how much I've enjoyed every one of these books. Darren and Andreas are awesome characters and I love reading each time they face some new crazy in their world.

Great story. Reckless Behavior is the third book in the Bad Behavior series and it was good reading. The writing was good, and the action and suspense were non-stop. Andreas and Darren are partners at work and at home and they compliment each other. Love them.

You definitely must read this series in order.
Karen
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well this creates a problem...

you see I do try really, really hard to be honest in my reviews and I'm sure I'm hardly the first person to face this dilemma but I gave this one 5 stars and that's where my problem arises...I need more than 5 stars...seriously more than 5 on this one.

I loved the hell out of this story. I was addicted to this series from the word go and with each book my love for these books for the stories and characters contained within has only continued to grow. While there'
L.A. Witt
Aug 23, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Y'all thought we were mean to them in books 1 & 2....*cackles* ...more
Christelle
**4.5 stars**

Fast-paced, very emotional…I’m exhausted on behalf of Darren & Andreas : these guys deserve a break…and for sure don’t get it here.

This is not a standalone and the series needs to be read in order. The case these 2 detectives are personally eager to solve is directly linked to the one they solved in Risky Behavior and the relationship they have started takes another level in depth as Darren is faced with heartbreaking family issues while winning his place within Andreas’s own family
haletostilinski

***ARC provided by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review***

This series has been consistently good. This book did not disappoint, as it kept me invested and it was hard to tear away from it at all.

Andreas is still recovering from his ankle injury in book two, and because he needs multiple surgeries on it, he starts out this book still in a cast and in crutches. Even then, I feel like before things went to shit, or even after, we could have gotten a little something something with
Annika
Audiobook review

I was going to jump straight into this story after finishing Suspicious Behavior last night. Then I read the blurb.. and holy hell!! I quickly realised that for my sanity's sake (what little there is of it) I could not start this book at 10pm at night. At least not if I wanted to get any sleep. But let me tell you, waiting to start this book was not easy!

So, almost immediately after waking up this morning I started listening, and listening. I also uttered more than a few curse w
Kazza
Pre review -
Feeling excited because I love this series.

description

And nothing changed post reading, I still love this series. This is a great addition and if you're even remotely thinking about giving it a read, start with Risky Behavior and keep on going when this comes out on January 1st, 2018. One of the best "MM" series going at the moment.

Well written.
Well paced.
Dual and progressive POV.
Great MCs whose personalities fit their occupation well.
Terrific extended families.

There is no particular heat in
Jaime
Another exciting installment with twists & turns... Not a lot of romance, but what was there was awesome! Bring on book 4!!
⚣Michaelle⚣
5 Stars

I made a resolution not to round up until GR finally gives us half-stars, but I can't rate this as low as 4 stars. It was just too damned good...
Ariana
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*4,5 stars*

If I thought that Andreas and Darren could not possibly go through a worse time than what they went through in book 2 – I was completely wrong. The authors certainly excel at wringing the last drop of emotional and physical energy and strength out of both men here.

Still injured and exhausted from the events before, Andreas’s ultimate nightmare becomes reality when three of his kids are kidnapped. Someone out there clearly wants to see him suffer (and that’s not only the authors…).
And
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm, lbr, ebook

4.5 stars - Andreas and Darren are back and still trying to recover from the roller coaster ride they’ve pretty much been on since they were first paired together. Andreas is also recovering from the surgery he had to repair his injured ankle. The time has come though to come clean to the rest of his kids about Darren, his HIV status, etc. It doesn’t take long for things to take another bad turn for these guys when all but one of Andreas’ kids are kidnapped right out from under him.

Barely fit fo
~Volha~
I loved this book as much as the others! Even though romance took a back seat this time, there were plenty feels to keep me emotionally involved and rooting for Darren and Andreas! This was highly intense, fast-paced and angsty.

Andreas' kids come to visit, and he decides to finally come clean about some things he kept from them. But what should have been a dinner filled with revelations and hopefully stronger bond between them all turned into a nightmare. His kids were kidnapped right in front
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)
This series just keeps getting better. I liked Risky Behavior and Suspicious Behavior, but Reckless Behavior has surpassed them both.

Andreas and Darren are healing from the events of Suspicious Behavior, and now it's time for Andreas to come clean to his adult kids about some stuff, and to spend more time with all of his kids. To that end, they're all at dinner, when three of his children are kidnapped. Yeesh, can these men not catch a break and enjoy some down time, ever?!?! L.A. Witt and Cari
ReadingAllNite
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this is one incredible thriller series and this is the most suspenseful and wrenching of the three. The book opens with Darren finally meeting Andreas’s other children, besides Erin, his two sons and his youngest daughter Emily. After the dinner, Andreas’ world caves in when Emily, Erin and son Casey are taken, without a clue as to who or why. The partners are still viewed with suspicion for crossing the blue line and taking down dirty cops, but with children’s lives at stake, most of the d ...more
Alex
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: suspense
That was... A stressful reading. My poor, poor MCs...

description

I was honestly as exhausted as them by the end of the book...
But what a ride!!!

There is definitely more action and suspense from this book than the first 2 ones. There is also not one sexy scene but there is a lot of LOOOOOVE.
Andreas and Darren love each other deeply and we can feel it throughout all the book. It is really beautiful.

The story with Andreas"s Children was really addictive.. I honestly wondered at one point how all this was going
Annie
4.5 stars- this series continues to bring the excitement

Reckless Behavior is the third book in the Bad Behavior series co-written by Miss Witt and Cari Z. I’ve really enjoyed the series, and this book was no exception. Because the series deals with the same couple and some continuing story arcs with little to no backtracking, I wouldn’t classify it as a standalone. Reckless Behavior picks up as Andreas is still recovering from the ankle injury he suffered in the second book, but the couple is no
Barb ~rede-2-read~
A copy of this ARC was provided through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This series is smokin’! Action-packed, nail-biting, heartbreaking—this book has it all. Though there’s not a lot of overt romance to this one, and no sex scenes, there is love—a deep and lasting love that’s developing between Andreas and Darren as well as the love of family. In this one, Andreas’s children are kidnapped so the love of a father for his children is a primary focus of the book, but there’s also the
Ami
Detective Andreas Ruffner and his partner (and boyfriend) Darren Corliss return for the third book of L.A. Witt and Cari Z's "Bad Behavior" series. And boy, these authors didn't pull any punches with the things they throw to these men's path!

Andreas' children were kidnapped, and (view spoiler)
Melissa
description

I skipped a lot of this story. I just couldn't take how unrealistic this was. The police work wasn't legit in my opinion, and relationship with the MCs was not realistic, and Andreas relationship with his family was weird. Or I guess it's his internal dialogue that I couldn't handle when he thought about how much he needed to save them, and be a part of their lives more, etc.

description

I did feel sorry for Darren and his family because of Ben. That was a sad moment that I was surprised to see but not at th
Lisa The Novel Approach
With Andreas Ruffner still recuperating from a serious injury, and Darren Corliss dealing with his brother Asher’s condition, it would seem this was an ideal time for them to get some rest and relaxation. But Andreas and Darren are all set to have a semi-decent dinner with Andreas’s children, and Andreas has decided to come clean with them and tell them about his health status—and Darren. Of course, there’s tension with some of his adult children, but the issues don’t get resolved before the eve ...more
Kaje Harper
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, m-m, mystery
This third installment lays on the drama, as Darren's brother's situation worsens, and Andreas faces a crisis as three of his kids are kidnapped. Both men are in maximum stress mode, and have a hard time being there for each other while dealing with their own family crises. And yet they are each other's lifelines, and safe spaces. Their relationship is solid, as they work through the high-stakes events.

I wasn't totally sold on the resolution of the kidnapping - the opening was meticulous and yet
Anna
Dec 31, 2017 added it
Love love loved this. I enjoy Witt and Z's writing, and together, they're a hell of a team.

The guys were put through the ringer and I felt so much for them, especially Darren. I didn't expect the baddie, which was *good*.

And I'm glad the guys are getting their HEA, and I'll be happy to see *that* in Romantic Behavior.
Leah
This one is by far the best (and most anxiety inducing) of the series! Read the full review on my blog. ...more
Natalia
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Red Fish, Dead Fish (Fish Out of Water, #2)
  • Trick Roller (Seven of Spades, #2)
  • Cash Plays (Seven of Spades, #3)
  • One-Eyed Royals (Seven of Spades, #4)
  • A Chip and a Chair (Seven of Spades, #5)
  • Not Dead Yet (Not Dead Yet #1)
  • A Few Good Fish (Fish Out of Water, #3)
  • Transposition (Hazard and Somerset, #2)
  • Fish Out of Water (Fish Out of Water, #1)
  • Twisted and Tied (Marshals, #4)
  • Graveyard Shift (Not Dead Yet #3)
  • Pretty Pretty Boys (Hazard and Somerset, #1)
  • Hush
  • Tied Up in Knots (Marshals, #3)
  • Give Up the Ghost (Not Dead Yet #2)
  • Kill Game (Seven of Spades, #1)
  • The Magician Murders (The Art of Murder, #3)
  • Fit to be Tied (Marshals, #2)
L.A. Witt and her husband have been exiled from Spain and sent to live in Maine because rhymes are fun. She now divides her time between writing, assuring people she is aware that Maine is cold, wondering where to put her next tattoo, and trying to reason with a surly Maine coon. Rumor has it her arch nemesis, Lauren Gallagher, is also somewhere in the wilds of New England, which is why L.A. is al ...more

Bad Behavior (6 books)
  • Risky Behavior (Bad Behavior, #1)
  • Suspicious Behavior (Bad Behavior, #2)
  • Romantic Behavior (Bad Behavior, #4)
  • Protective Behavior (Bad Behavior #5)
  • Cuddly Behavior (Bad Behavior, #6)

News & Interviews