Start by marking “Olivia Twist” as Want to Read:
Olivia Twist

Olivia Twist

Olivia Twist is an innovative reimagining of Charles Dickens’ classic tale Oliver Twist, in which Olivia was forced to live as a boy for her own safety until she was rescued from the streets. Now eighteen, Olivia finds herself at a crossroads: revealed secrets threaten to destroy the “proper” life she has built for herself, while newfound feelings for an arrogant young man

Published March 6th 2018 by Blink

To ask other readers questions about Olivia Twist, please sign up.
Suzanne Wheeler The author does not bring Christianity into the book until the very end where there is a mention of the sacrifice Christ made when He gave his life.…moreThe author does not bring Christianity into the book until the very end where there is a mention of the sacrifice Christ made when He gave his life. It is a historical fiction full of adventure and romance.(less)

☆High Lady of The Night Court☆
This is the fastest book I have gotten through in a while. The story is so captivating and well paced I couldn’t stop, I’m serious I finished this is one sitting with no breaks. The story is very well written and it reached all my expectations. I’ve read so many amazing books this year and this is one of them, it is possibly one of my favorite retellings. I read the original Oliver Twist a long time ago and I am sad to say I don’t remember too much of it, but I undoubtedly love Lorie Langdon’s v ...more
R.F. Gammon
How disappointing.

I've never actually read Oliver Twist (I know, I call myself a theater nerd and a lover of the classics, but I still have not read that one. Oh well) but I know the story vaguely and was eager to pick this one up when I saw it at the library. I loved The Lost Girl of Astor Street, another book by this same publisher--Blink--and I knew that they had a reputation for publishing clean reads. That's their trademark, actually. I figured there was nothing to worry about.

That reputa
Rachel McMillan
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are a million and one reasons why OLIVIA TWIST is everything I hang my bookish hat on.

“That small inner voice that most women ignore because they’re too concerned with living the life others expect."

“With Jack’s presence, the room brightened as if several more candelabras followed him into that room. A smile that seemed to originate deep in Olivia’s chest stretched her lips without her consent.”

It is everything a book experience SHOULD BE. It is everything LIFE should be. It is a gaslit Vi
Melissa Landers
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As Lorie's critique partner, I get to read everything first and Olivia Twist is awesome!!!! I hope you guys love it as much as I do!
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
99c Kindle sale, April 28, 2018, for this gender-bent retelling of Oliver Twist. Lots of enthusiastic GR reviews so I might bite.
Georgina
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
✨4 stars✨
A female Oliver Twist falling in love with the Artful Dodger? I’m so here for it. I adored this book, the entire premise of it being a retelling of Oliver is right up my street, I have such a thing for books about thieves and heists that I knew I would love it. I had a few little issues with some aspects of the story, but overall it was ridiculously fun to read and I devoured it in only a few hours.

There is literally no end to my love for characters like Jack, I’ll never get bored of th
Melissa Tagg
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lovelovelovelovelovelovelovelovelovelove!

At some point I will hopefully be capable of writing a coherent, albeit gushing, review. Right now, all I can say is I adore every little thing about this book and just picture that emoji with the heart eyes...that's me right now.
may ☆彡
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THIS IS SUCH A GOOD REIMAGINING OML
Mary Weber
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adorable!
✶Rachelle✶

Cute retelling of Oliver Twist, but ultimately unremarkable. I absolutely loved the action sequences, but I felt like the romance was too insta-lovey and forced. The major plot twist wasn't that twisty either. Even though I wasn't expecting it, it didn't hit me that hard. Unfortunately, this book just wasn't for me.
Heather Webb
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I learned Lorie Langdon made a foray into historical romance, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on this book. And she didn’t disappoint. Langdon expertly balances historical detailing and plot, the voice sparkles, and the characters were so endearing, I couldn’t wait to escape into this book each night. Lively and transportive, Olivia Twist is a romantic and clever take on a classic that will leave readers yearning for more from this author.
Samantha (WLABB)
I am such a fan of Oliver Twist in all its incarnations. I loved the book, the film, the play, and I always want some more. I was very interested in seeing Langdon put her spin on this story, and I must say, I was very pleased with the results.

•Pro: I was delighted that Langdon did not try to rewrite the original story, but rather, took us to a point after the end of Oliver Twist. We get small peeks into the past, which will seem familiar to anyone acquainted with the original story, and even ge
Jessi ♡
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
i was not expecting feeling everything i felt while reading this book. the romance in this book grabbed me full-on. it sincerely takes a lot these days for a heterosexual romance to still have that spark that doesn't feel like they're forced together just because they're man and woman. most importantly, the characters!! by themselves!! they were characters that you root for, that you care for, that you're invested in. their backgrounds and their hard stories made you sympathize without trivializ ...more
Sarah Monzon
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heart eyes!! Some delicious kisses inside these pages! Oh, Jack, you handsome rogue. *happy sigh*
Ines
3’5 stars

This was such a fun read! I really liked it, the writing style was not my favorite but it was so good.
✨ Kaira ✨
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Plot - 5
Writing style - 5
Characters - 4
Romance - 4

In which Olivia was forced to disguised herself as a boy ever since her late mother gave birth to her. Now, at the age of eighteen, with the help of her uncle whom she tried to steal from when she was still a street rat, Olivia is now a fine young lady.

• plot - One thing I am impressed was that the author began the story in the interesting part already. Where Olivia Twist was already adopted by her uncle. Thank the heavens for that because it wo
Jaime Arkin
This was so good- I don’t know why I waited so long to read it! A fun plot and lovely characters and tons of swoon!! Read it soon!!
Mindee Arnett
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautifully written, this gender-bent, Oliver Twist retelling is sure to sweep your heart away. The romance is sweet and sizzling, and the story is full of heart. I loved every moment.
Alicia
The word I would use to describe this book is “muddled”. There were too many hastily thrown together conclusions and randomly added plot points. I feel that my opinion would be drastically changed if the book was at least 10 chapters longer, to really go into the plot and embellish the characters’ stories. Also, is it just me or did (view spoiler). Plus, there were a couple of scen ...more
Lotte
Okay, wow, this was a quick, fun and fluffy little read that made my heart grow three sizes. Yes, I do have a heart. Apparently it thrives on cute books like this one.

+ It's a gender-bent Oliver Twist retelling!! I did read my Dickens once upon a time, and I have to say that I don't remember much from it, but I do remember enough to say that this version is wayyyy less harsh on the reality of surviving in the streets of London in the nineteenth century than the original.
+ It focuses on almost
Simi Sunny
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
anika
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Olivia Twist was… unexpected, but amazing. I honestly expected it to be more of tomboyishness and running around streets and fighting gangs (and believe me, there was a lot of it!) but there also was an equal balance of fancy parties and curtsies and tea. It wasn’t disappointing in the slightest, just surprising.

Also: I CALL JACK. He’s mine. He’s so angry and kind and quirky and smirky and constantly has mixed emotions and it’s wonderful. At first in the beginning I almost rolled my eyes cause I
Connie Lacy
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun YA romance based on “Oliver Twist,” but with Oliver being an 18-year-old girl named Olivia. A nice “twist” on the story to appeal to female readers. Interesting set up – Olivia disguising herself as a boy to fit in with the Artful Dodger and his gang until she’s rescued by her uncle. Now, a proper young society lady – at least on the surface – she can’t forget her childhood and all those poor orphans on London’s mean streets. There’s definitely chemistry between her and the handsome young ...more
Amy
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OH MY HEART!!
The ending I don’t think could of been more perfect. I loved it.
Overall rating is 4.5
I mean I just love retellings. I don’t think I could find one I don’t enjoy haha.
If you love retellings please pick this one up. It will make you laugh whilst hurting your heart because of all the feels!! Loved all the characters I came across BUT THE ENDING. My heart. Thank you Lorie Langdon. You made me one happy reader.
Rissi
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, review
Once upon a time Olivia Brownlow’s only glimpse into the lives of the privileged was when she pick-pocketed them. Living on the streets as Oliver Twist, Olivia is now Miss Brownlow living as a debutante about to make an advantageous match.

Once known as the “Artful Dodger,” Jack MacCarron is also living a life that’s really not his. He’s entered a world he wasn’t born too, but as con man with street smarts, he knows how to adapt.

Secrets, pasts and danger collide between these two lives… lives tha
Khadidja ~on hiatus~
mY HEART
Sylvie
Olivia Twist by Lorie Langdon

5/5 Stars!

What's not to love about this book?

1) The story take place in the 19th century in England.
2) A retelling of Charles Dicken's infamous book 'Oliver Twist'
3) Oliver Twist's gender is the opposite from the original tale
4) A lead character who is also a badass woman in th Victorian era

The author did a really good job on reimagining on a gender-bending take on the classic Oliver Twist, this delightfully frothy romance set in a comfortably recognizable London, ha
imts
Actual rating: 4.5 stars

I wasn't sold on the idea of this book at first. A genderbent retelling of Oliver Twist, except written as a romance? The romance bit was what made me hesitate. However, excluding the bit about how Lorie Langdon changed the Artful Dodger into a stereotypical romantic male lead, this was actually a pretty interesting read.
Rosalie
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I DNFed this book, which I RARELY do. It's definitely a kissing book, with a lot of content that felt more like NA or straight up adult romance novel than YA, which I did not expect coming from this publisher and the endorsements from people I trust, buuuuut, alas, here we are.
Addicted to YA: Olivia Twist 6 66 Jun 21, 2018 09:00AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Olivia Twist by Lorie Langdon - Starting 6th April 2018 6 9 Apr 06, 2018 11:49PM
  • Stormtroopers: Beyond the Armor (Star Wars)
  • Runaways: The Complete Collection, Vol. 3
  • Aladdin: A New Translation
  • Uprising (Star Wars Rebel Force, #6)
  • Reclaiming Shilo Snow (The Evaporation of Sofi Snow, #2)
  • Winterdream
  • Purple Hearts (Front Lines, #3)
  • Where's My Jetpack?: A Guide to the Amazing Science Fiction Future That Never Arrived
  • Half-Marathon: You Can Do It
  • Around the World in Seventy-Two Days And Other Writings
  • The Red Queen (Wonderland University #1)
  • The Beloved Wild
  • Kingdom of Ash and Soot (The Order of the Crystal Daggers, #1)
  • Speak Easy, Speak Love
  • Ryan Quinn and the Rebel's Escape (Ryan Quinn #1)
  • A Court of Miracles (A Court of Miracles, #1)
  • Bookburners: The Complete Season 1 (Bookburners #1.1-1.16)
  • Ashes on the Moor
Lorie Langdon is co-author of DOON, a YA reimagining of the musical Brigadoon, available now from Blink/Harper Collins!
www.doonseries.com
A few years ago, she left her thriving corporate career to satisfy the voices in her head. Now as a full-time author and stay-at-home mom, she spends her summers editing poolside while dodging automatic water-gun fire, and the rest of the year tucked into her coz
“There's no point in wanting something you can never have.” 0 likes