Start by marking “Tempted by Mr. Wrong” as Want to Read:
Tempted by Mr. Wrong

Tempted by Mr. Wrong

How can something so wrong, feel so right?

Falling for her step-brother is a mistake T.J. doesn't want to repeat, but one look into those sapphire blue eyes and she's ready to give Jason whatever he wants.

Tammy-Jo Hawthorne's marriage was floundering, but she never expected her husband to make her the laughing stock of Magnolia.
And she definitely didn't expect to trip
Published September 5th 2017 by Wavefront Publishing (first published September 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Tempted by Mr. Wrong, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tempted by Mr. Wrong

Start your review of Tempted by Mr. Wrong
James
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tempted by Mr. Wrong, a novel published in 2017 by Jacquie Biggar, is the first romantic suspense book I've read in a very long time. I previously read another novel in a different genre by this author but wanted to sample something at opposite end of the spectrum [of a normal read for me] this week. I love suspense but the romance stuff is fairly new to me. In the end, it was quite a winner. Let's dive into the review...

Tammy-Jo, better known as TJ, has a bad track record with men.
Robbie Cheadle
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tempted by Mr Wrong is another exciting book by Jacquie Biggar. Tammy Joe's marriage to her father's partner is in trouble and she ends up walking home from the local country club when he has her car towed away. Who should come to her rescue but her step brother, Jason, who broke off their relationship and disappeared ten years ago. Unbeknownst to TJ, Jason's actions were at the instance of her over-protective father, against whom Jason has borne a grudge ever since.

Jason picks up TJ walking ho
Coco.V
Jul 11, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (7/11/2019)! 🎁
Shelley Wilson
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
We are introduced to Tammy-Jo as she wanders down the rain soaked street in broken heels after being humiliated by her husband at the Country Club. Immediately we get the impression of a strong woman who, despite her predicament, is still sassy.

Jason arrives on the scene like a knight in shining armour (or rather, a cute chap in a Mustang) and we begin to learn there’s a history between the two. Pulled together by their parent’s relationship, TJ and Jason are step-siblings, but ten y
N.N. Light
Jason and Tammy Jo are step-siblings yet aren’t related. So, when they explored their feelings when they were about to graduate high school, why did Tammy Jo’s father kick Jason out of the house, calling him filth and other words I won’t repeat? It’s ten years later and Tammy Jo’s marriage is on the rocks and she’s become the laughing stock of her father’s country club. Talk about a bad night. But when Jason pulls up and offers her a ride home, she’s humiliated. Of all nights, he had to witness ...more
Marcia
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC from the author as a new member of her Review Crew. It is the first book that I have read from the author, but definitely not my last. I'm hooked. This is my unbiased and voluntary review.

Tammy-Jo Hawthorne and Jason McIntyre became step siblings when her father married his mother. Her mother had died of cancer, while his father had died in prison after committing armed robbery. A year apart, Tammy-Jo eventually managed to seduce Jason, and they made plans of a futu
Jacqui Nelson
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Long ago lovers, Tammy-Jo and Jason’s reunion may start at the worst possible time (for them) but reading about it was immense fun (for me)! Personal and professional stakes are high for everyone in Magnolia, but there's still time for romance and reconnecting with family. It's all woven expertly into another 5-star story with heart and soul and sizzling suspense.
Linda
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Tempted by Mr. Wrong by Jacquie Biggar

Tammy-Jo Hawthorne is having the worst day of her life. Her husband has just humiliated her at the country club in front of all of their friends. He’s cancelled her credit cards, turned off her phone, and had her Jaguar towed away from the club. Now it is pouring rain and she’s twenty miles from home. To top it all off she breaks the heel off her Louboutin.

Then her savior, who had been in the bar at the country club and saw it all, pu
Bookgyrl
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
So I requested this book at Netgalley, got it, started reading and finished within 1,5 hours. So... it's rather short. But very engaging.

Tammy-Jo (TJ) is walking home after being humiliated by her almost ex-husband at their country club. She has no transport home, no money to call a cab and it rains. She is saved by her stepbrother Jason, whom she has not seen for 10 years! They had a teenage love affair and he left after her father threw him out - although TJ doesn't know that. When
Rebecca Austin
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-magic
Tammy-Jo Hawthorne's husband Tim has just made her the laughing stick of their town by taking away her country club membership and having her car taken away and forcing her to walk home. Just as she thinks her night can't get worse her step-brother Jason McIntyre stops and picks her up and then she finds Tim.

Jason McIntyre is in town investigating a Ponzi scheme that Tim was involved in and needs to figure who his partners were. He must also discover what Tammy-Jo knows and whether s
Staci Troilo
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Steamy and Dreamy

This is the first story I’ve read by Jacquie Biggar. It won’t be the last. TEMPTED BY MR. WRONG hits all the right romance notes without succumbing to trite tropes.

The heroine is as down-on-her-luck as she could be. She’s in a pickle from the opening page, and things only get worse from there. But despite all the distress, I wouldn’t say she’s a damsel waiting to be saved. She has attitude, fortitude, spirit.

Doesn’t mean the hero isn’t an alph
Liza O'Connor
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review forTempted by Mr. Wrong by Jacquie Biggar

This story is a mixture of real life heartfelt events with family and crazy events (that could actually happen but are still crazy).

The first half sets up lots of crazy events. This was my favorite time.
Long ago, TJ agreed to make her father happy when she married a fellow she didn’t love. Two months into the marriage, she moves to a separate bedroom due to his bad behaviors.
In the early chapters, we quickly lear
J
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
So sweet and a little naughty. TJ seems to be a tough one but really she's just clueless and Jason has loved her since forever. While I found this story interesting, I kept wanting more (btw - I loved Jason's mom). While the book clearly makes it known that Jason and TJ are step siblings it doesn't really go into the whole taboo of it which I thought was rather odd. I felt that the ending was a bit rushed too but otherwise I think this had a great story line and good flow overall.

I received a f
Bena Roberts
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I wrote a review for this on my blog here is a bit!

The Good

This took about 3 hours to read, and I was hooked by the plot early on. I was surprised by the as the Step Brother Romance in the title had put me off, and I thought it was going to be a cheesy read. It wasn't.
For only 99p
Mae Clair
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
New families make for tempestuous days—at least in this story of love denied. When Jason and Tammy-Jo (T.J.) are teenagers their parents marry, making them step-siblings. By the time they're seniors in high school, they've fallen in love, something that doesn't fly well with Tammy's father. When he intervenes and sends Jason packing, T.J. turns elsewhere to soothe her broken heart, following the path her father maps out for her by marrying a man destined for success.

Now it's ten year
Kelly-Jo Sweeney
Sep 20, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a fairly quick, short read. As such it meant that we were thrown into the storyline quickly and things rattled along at a very quick pace. It also meant that there wasn't really any time for any in-depth character description or development.
This is a second chance story. Jason and Tammy-Jo (T.J) were in love in their late teens at the end of high school. They both dreamt of a life together, but after T.J's father told Jason in no uncertain terms to stay away from his daughter, Jason le
Karen
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A romantic suspense story with a strong willed woman who needs the help of a man she thought she would never see again. T.J. and Jason are brought back together after ten years because Jason is on a case, and T.J. may be mixed up in the case he is investigating.

T.J.'s heart was broken when she was a teenager and she had to move on with her life, but her heart was not involved in the move. Now she is faced with seeing the man who broke her heart and tries to figure out if she did mov
Jin
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, netgalley
Tammy always loved her step brother Jason ever since he showed up at their house with his mother. They were attracted to each other but her father won’t allow Jason to get closer to her and it drove him to move away from his mother and Tammy.
Tammy never knew she would be laughing stock at the country club. She married right person and hanged out with right crowd except this time her membership was taken away and rest of her dignity in front of people.
When she arrives at her home she never thou
LuAnn Rodriquez
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
TEMPTED BY MR. WRONG by Jacquie Biggar is both entertaining and suspenseful. The heroine, Tammy-Jo, and her step-brother, Jason, are drawn into a discouraged-by-others love relationship, beginning shortly after her father and his mother meet, fall in love, and marry. The story has family complications aplenty but also depicts different kinds of family love that are sweet and heart-warming. It is enriched by the love between Tammy-Jo and Jason with occasional moments of humorous or passionate int ...more
Sharon Grow
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jason McIntyre is returning to Magnolia, S.C., but not for a family reunion but to investigate a SEC crime that might involve family members. His first love and stepsister, Tammy Jo Hawthorne, has just found her almost ex-husband, Timothy, murdered. Jason had found Tammy (T.J.) walking along the road in a rain storm, offered her a lift and was there when she found the body. Upon discovering Jason & T.J.’s affair, her father is the reason Jason left town. Is her father involved in the SEC inv ...more
Alison
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC copy of this book, in return for an honest review.

Let me start off by saying this is only a short story/quick read. However after saying that I found for such a short story it packed alot in. It kept me hooked and made me want to turn the pages to find out what happened next.
The characters also felt very real and it was almost as if you were in the room with them. Although I kind of knew what could be coming at the end, I still enjoyed the ending.
This book in my opinion was
Jane
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When TJ's low-life husband turns up dead, her step-brother and old flame is there to help pick up the pieces, but there's a lot more going on than TJ suspects.
This second time around romantic suspense story provides an sweet but naive and self-involved heroine, a hunky hero with a secret, a "rich folks" mess of a family and a ponzy scheme that keeps the plot barreling toward an unexpected but thrilling ending.
Tempted by Mr. Wrong is a great story with a sympathetic side story about d
Jimnlori
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great story by Jacquie Biggar!
Jason McIntyre is back for revenge after being ran out of his home and town 10 years ago for falling in love with his step-sister. Now he's ready to face his nightmares, reconnect with his mom and help T. J pick up the pieces after her marriage failed and her husband is murdered and if that means falling for her again then he's okay with that too.

I was given an ARC from the author/publisher. All conclusions are mine and mine alone.
Elaine
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Tempted was a short book that packs a lot of punch: murder, suspense, intrigue and romance that was interrupted by ten years of growing up. I like the way that the book handled complicated family situations and dementia in Jason's mother. There is one steamy sex scene and action in the finale. The ending wrapped up maybe too quickly and easily though.
Kirstie Ibrahim
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
An entertaining read that I read in one sitting.

It all starts with Tammy-Jo having possibly the worse day of her life that manages to get even worse still with a death. Being rescued by her teenage sweetheart who still holds the key to her heart only adds to her humiliation.

Can her former love Jason, save her and solve the case in time, along with winning her back??

Great enjoyable story
Carol
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story takes us to Magnolia, SC. Jason McIntyre
is sent to investigate a SEC crime. A family member
could be involved.
Tammy Jo Hawthorne, Jason’s stepsister & first love
discovers the body of her murdered husband. Now
he needs to keep her safe plus investigate a murder
and the SEC crime. Are these two things related?
An edge of the seat romantic suspense.
Ethel Clow-Bowers
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Amazing read!!!
Finished this in a day I just couldn't put it down!

The writing was impeccable! Astounding how I was kept in the loop without giving away too much!

Loved the family dynamic In this story it was riveting
Pat Babcock
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tempted By Mr. wrong

An intriguing story with many interesting twists and turns. The characters had flaws which enhanced the story line. The toll of dementia in a family was well done.
Karen
Sep 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Just too short. The SEC agents were confusing as they had no beginning or end. I never got to like either main character but I did like Caroline. I dislike the intimate scenes because they were awkward used to shut up TJ-aka Tammy Jo.
I received ARC Netgalley for honest opinion.
Rebecca Mari
Mar 14, 2019 rated it liked it

• Valentine's Day with a Firefighter (Rich & Rugged: a Hawkins Brothers Clean Romance #1)
  • Moments We Love
  • The Scout: Dark Crossings
  • Red Eyes in the Darkness: A Short Story
  • Love With An Imperfect Cowboy (Lone Star Dynasty, #1)
  • Kissed by You (Tropical Heat, #4)
  • Voodoo or Destiny: You Decide
  • Sullivan's Promise (Bitter Creek #12)
  • Under the Water
  • The Body in the Gravel (A Jazzi Zanders Mystery #3)
  • Silent PayBack
  • Protected by a SEAL (Hot SEALs, #5)
  • Forgetting the Billionaire (A Clean Billionaire Romance, #1)
  • If Darkness Takes Us
  • Taming The Texas Cowboy (Forever Texan, #1)
  • Inferno of Love (Firefighters of Long Valley, #2)
  • Nine Lives
  • Worth the Scandal (Worth It, #1)
My name is Jacquie Biggar. When I’m not acting like a total klutz I am a wife, mother of one, grandmother, and a butler to my calico cat.
My guilty pleasure are reality tv shows like Amazing Race and The Voice. I can be found every Monday night in my armchair plastered to the television laughing at Blake and Adam’s shenanigans.
I love to hang at the beach with DH (darling hubby) taking p