Start by marking “Catching Betsy (Mail-Order Grooms Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Catching Betsy (Mail-Order Grooms Book 2)

Catching Betsy

(Mail-Order Grooms #2)

Eighteen-year-old Betsy Blake yearns for love and romance, but the unattached men of Virginia City are all ill-mannered ranch hands without the gentlemanly qualities she desires. When her friend Susannah finds a husband by writing a mail-order groom advertisement in the paper, Betsy decides to pen her own ad specifying her wish for a well-dressed, mannerly husband from the ...more
Published July 4th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Catching Betsy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Catching Betsy

Tami
Shelves: spanking
Catching Betsy is an amazing story about a stern but loving gentleman and a sweet lady in the Wild West.

Though Betsy is very young, she knows exactly what she wants. She wants a gentleman and not a cowboy. So she puts an ad in the paper and Roderick, who is fed up with the bumptious woman in his part of the world, answers. As soon as they meet the sparks are flying.

I loved Betsy and Roderick, they do have great chemistry. The story is well written and entertaining. The spankings and love scene
Mette
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have a thing for Amelia Smarts. I’ll admit it right away. I have a bit of a crush on her and her writing and her characters. So, perhaps I’m not really objective anymore? I can fully understand if you shake your head and tsk at me, but what is a woman to do? When an author’s writing just leaves you breathless and wanting more?

Catching Betsy did just that to me.
Betsy Blake is a young eighteen-year-old woman who wants to get married, but she is not interested in the raw and tough cowboys living
Beth
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is the 2nd in the Mail Order Grooms series, my 1st read from Amelia Smart, I did receive an ARC of this book for an honest review. There is lots drama, suspense, danger and angst within this read. Betsy & Roderick have a very hot & steamy chemistry from the get-go. Watch the sparks fly. Betsy is pretty young but she has her heart set on a gentleman not just some local cowboy. She puts an ad in the paper. I do look forward to reading more from Miss Smarts very very soon. Lots of ...more
Rhonda
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In book 2 of this series we have the story of Roderick and Betsy. Betsy decides that she wants to send an ad for a mail order groom but doesn't tell her parents. What follows is a fun and sexy romp when Roderick shows up. This was a wonderful story of some tense sexual situations and Betsy coming of age and learning that she can't always have her way. Roderick is a wonderful character who is sexy while still being a gentleman. I loved this book and will be waiting for the next one!!!
SH
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

I loved book one and book two is just as wonderful! The characters and their story kept me turning the pages until the end! I have to say I got a kick out of Betsy, she made me smile. No synopsis or spoilers here, read and enjoy!
Nicole Studioso
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book for an honest review. This is my first time with this author, but definitely not my last! What a great, exciting story. Not your standard mail order bride/groom period book. Had elements of BDSM, as well as explicit language, which was shocking yet completely appropriate given when the language is used during the story. The main characters, Betsy and Roderick, have an amazing chemistry that Miss Smarts brings right of the page. She draws you into the book whether y ...more
Kathy Heare Watts
THE WOLF ALWAYS CATCHES THE LAMB

The story is the second in the Mail Order Grooms series but will easily read as a standalone. It does have two of the main characters from Handling Susannah, with Adam and Susannah Harrington. Betsy Blake’s father works as the foreman for the Harringtons and Betsy helps out on the ranch and also to babysit their two children, Caleb and Mini. Knowing the story of how Susannah sent off for a mail-order groom and Adam answered her ad has Betsy feeling that is what sh
Virginia Louis
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Although 'Catching Betsy' can be read as a standalone, it is much better if read in order, following 'Handling Susannah'. The story revolves around Betsy following the footsteps of her friend and mentor, Susannah, who advertises for a mail-order groom. She receives a reply from a sincere man who indeed meets her requirements of a well-mannered, well-dressed gentleman with music and dancing skill.
This is a delightful series with a flip on the concept of the mail-order bride of the old west. Parti
Patty
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Talk about a fun listen, Amelia Smarts has done it again! I love this mail-order groom idea, and Betsy is a delight. Betsy is 18 years old and like her friend Susannah, has decided that ordering herself a groom is the way to find her soulmate. She catches the eye of Roderick, a successful architect in New York. He travels to her but what he finds is not exactly what he expected! With a few embellishments and Betsy's immaturity, Roderick has his hands full...in more ways than one! I loved this st ...more
Donna Louise
By Donna L
Edit Review
Delete Review
This review is from: Catching Betsy (Mail-Order Grooms Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
This is a excellent sequel to the first book in this series.
18 year old Betsy Blake is not interested in marrying a
local cowboy.She has her heart set on a gentleman and
decides to advertise like her friends Susannah and Adam.
Roderick Mason is a successful architect from New York City.
He is fed up with shallow women who only want him for his
money.After six months writing to Betsy,he dec
Donna Feibusch
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An Awesome Read!

I loved reading Catching Betsy(Mail-Order Grooms Book 2), all about Betsy Blake is eighteen year old ranch girl & Roderick Mason is twenty-five an Architect from New York City. Betsy has decided that she does not want to marry any of the men her age, they all smell like manure and she wants a gentleman who likes to dance and listen to music and most of all is a gentlemen and dresses the part. So she decides to place an ad in the New York newspaper, advertising for her gentlem
Jade
Jul 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, spanking
Catching Betsy is about a young girl seeking an older husband. None of the males in town interest Betsy so she puts a request for a mail order groom in the paper seeking a gentleman.

Roderick is board of the society polite ladies of NYC. He comes across Betsy advertisement and reached out to Betsy.

This book contains spanking and a tale of an older gentlemen and 18 year old Betsy navigating there way around a courtship and dealing with a stalker.

This book is usually not what I read. It is setting
Scarlet Fanning
Betsy Blake, the foreman's daughter, decides to follow Susannah's success getting a husband by placing an ad in the same New York newspaper. She doesn't want a cowboy, she wants a gentleman with manners who dances. She also wants a man a bit older, so she says she is 25 instead of her true 18 years.

Roderick Manson, a successful architect in New York, is bored with the women he has dated. Seeing the ad, he is charmed and writes Betsy. Soon he is on his way to Virginia City to court her.

Betsy ha
Zena
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What do you do when none of the young men in your town are suitable husband material? Well, you write away for a male order groom.
This is what Betsy did and she landed a good one.
She is a stubborn girl who tends to run away when she feels threatened or just can't handle a situation.
Roderick is an older, professional man who seems to have a very kind streak in him, yet is quite willing to punish Betsy when he feels the need to.
Amelia Smarts has written a very easy to read story that is filled wi
Amber Fueston
Sep 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Decent story though not as good as Handling Susannah.

I really liked Betsy and Roderick. Roderick in particular was a very good man. His intelligence and maturity showed in everything he did. Betsy, though young and naive was a sweet and smart girl.

The issues for me came from not well fleshed out and incomplete elements of the storyline. The entire Johnny thing seemed just out of place I wish the author would have chosen a different conflict for the story. Another thing that bothered me was the
Dawn Sammer Fuhrman
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amelia Smarts does it again. Another fabulous story of suspense and romance. Betsy is your typical 18 year old out to show she is independent at any costs. Roderick is a true gentleman, unless Betsy shows her immaturity. Roderick has to work hard to catch her, literally. Fighting obstacles to be her only love, Roderick becomes her safety, her hero.

Adam and Susannah were a welcomed part of this story as they help Betsy and Roderick anyway they can.  Learning how Adam and Susannah have been doing
Claire
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Looking for a book that shows that kinky sex is not a new thing? Then this book will hit the spot.

The book is a nice balance between plot, character development and hot kinky fun. Betsy has definite submissive tendencies and Roderick matches her in dominant tendencies. There is plenty of chemistry between them and they show that opposites can work beautifully together.

A lovely way to spend an afternoon, I really enjoyed listening to this book.

The narration was well done with good character voice
Viper Spaulding
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another hot, sexy, steamy western love story from Amelia Smarts. Betsy is young and in need of a strong hand, and Roderick is just the man for the job. I wouldn't have thought it possible, but he's even hotter than Adam (of the previous book). This book has sweet moments, well-developed characters, page-turning plot and even a villain to vanquish. Read it for the chemistry between Betsy and Roderick - their scenes are hot and steamy in all the best ways. I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this boo ...more
Renee
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book offered mystery, love and danger with a dose of hotness! It is well written and the characters all had great personalities. A hot sexy read that will leave you wanting more. Ms. Smarts writes the best protective heroes. They are always so alpha without being domineering, Betsy was a great character stuck in a terrible situation, I loved the twist solution at the end. This is just a fabulous read.
John
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a quick fun and thoroughly enjoyable read. This was the second in the series of old-fashioned mail-order bride/groom stories showing the trials and tribulations in the ups and downs in the characters' lives, as they pursued love and happiness in old Western time, combined with a few healthy doses of domestic discipline when warranted, as well as a suspense story thrown in for good measure. This is a voluntary review of an Advanced Reader Copy of the book.
Felicity Brandon
What to say about this book?
Catching Betsy is colourful, lively, sensual and erotic.
I loved the imagery of the time, and how well Ms. Smarts has grasped the cultural feel of Virginia City.
The love story is engaging, and totally engrossing, and of course the spanking scenes are hot and compelling!
I would definitely recommend this book to lovers of erotic spanking fiction.
Elizabeth Schultz
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
**Advanced copy of “Catching Betsy” by Amelia Smarts provided by the author in exchange for an honest review**

Amelia Smarts’ Catching Betsy is a sexy, suspenseful story with touches of humor (at least to me *smile*). The story is set in the “old west” but the themes are still relevant today. This was one of my first books by Ms. Smarts and I will be reading more.
Pat
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is the second in the Mail-Order Grooms series and I found it to be a very enjoyable read! The great plot and characters kept me totally enthralled from the very beginning and I really felt Roderick and Betsy belonged together!

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Laura Williamson
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

As always Amelia has written another amazing book. This series is set to be one of my favorites and I know that I will read it over and over. Believable characters and a wonderful storyline. You can't ever go wrong with Amelia. Well unless dd isn't your thing!
Ashley Hedden
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Catching Betsy by Amelia Smarts was a good read. Betsy is only eighteen but she wants love and romance. Betsy decided to find a mail-order groom but wasn’t completely honest in her ad. Roderick responds to her ad but isn’t happy about her lies. I loved Betsy and Roderick’s story.
Jonmontanavega
MF, DD, western, figging. 2.5 stars rounded up.
I rounded up for the plot twists: mail order groom, not bride; his profession: architect.
Lots of plot skips, little depth of character. Telling, not showimg.
Carrie
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was the first book that I've read by this author and I really enjoyed the story line. I'm usually not into western style books, but I couldn't put this book down. The development was great and just enough angst to keep your attention and make you anticipate what was going to happen next.
Michelle
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, historical, kinksters
A naive heroine and an Eastern gentleman who likes a touch of kink make for an enjoyable historical romance. Domestic discipline and steamy sex mean this is definitely not a clean romance. LOL
***I decided to review an ARC of this book.***
Michelle Duhon
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My first book by Amelia.

I really enjoyed this book! Thought it was a cute story and really liked the characters. Looking forward to the next book by Amelia. Recommending to all my friends.
Lee McLean-Houle
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Summer naughty reading

Second book in the series. As good as the first. Great read and quick. Love the naughty bits. Would recommend to those who are not out off by spanking discipline.
« previous 1 3 next »
Amelia Smarts is a USA Today bestselling author who writes kinky romance novels containing domestic discipline, spanking, and Dominance/submission. Usually her stories involve a cowboy, and they always involve a man's firm hand connecting with a woman's naughty backside. Amelia holds graduate and undergraduate degrees in creative writing and English. She loves to read, which allows her writing to ...more

Mail-Order Grooms (3 books)
  • Handling Susannah (Mail-Order Grooms, Book 1)
  • Justice for Elsie (Mail-Order Grooms Book 3)