Start by marking “Who Sent Clement? (Clement #1)” as Want to Read:
Who Sent Clement? (Clement #1)

Who Sent Clement?

(Clement #1)

From the bestselling author of The '86 Fix, a miraculous tale of debts, threats, and a dead man in double denim.

Beth Baxter, owner of a not-very-successful book shop, is planning her marriage to Karl — or, at least she was. Without warning, Beth suddenly finds herself embroiled in a sinister series of events that threaten to destroy everything she holds dear.

All see

Published July 4th 2017 by CrestaPress Publishing

Start your review of Who Sent Clement? (Clement #1)
Tony
Apr 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
A rather nice little tale with enough twists and turns to keep the pages turning. It does seem to take a while getting from A to B on occasion, but on the whole, Mr Pearson can certainly write!

Give it a go, I’m starting to really appreciate this writer!
Mark Draper
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've just finished this book after blasting through it. It normally takes me weeks to finish a book but this was one I've found myself coming back to whenever possible to see what happens next.

I really enjoyed The '86 Fix and it's follow up so I was interested to see where the author would go next. Not strictly a time travel story, yet it sort of is by way of it being a reverse Life on Mars in that the person out of time claims to be from the 70s.

I don't want to spoil the plot. so let me just s
Alex Sheldon
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Having thoroughly enjoyed The '86 Fix and its follow-up, I assumed I'd be no less than pleasantly satisfied when reading Who Sent Clement.
I wasn't far off.
Minus the time travel element and 80's nostalgia of the author's previous work (both a great combination btw!), this too is built on a little inexplicable premise without going through the trouble of attempting to explain the nitty gritty details - which suits the story just fine!
Just who did send Clement to help out a lady in a spot of troubl
Patricia
Apr 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Audiobook. I'm of two minds about this; I felt no empathy or even interest (I would not have been friends with the main character if I'd met her) in the characters, although I guess Clement was entertaining. Well researched any way. I lived in London in 1980, so not far off of the 1975 he talked about and it was very much the way it was described.

It was a very long audiobook (good for lockdown), but I also found it irritating. The main character - I can'tr even remember her name and I just fini
Kay Smillie
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So good I genuinely couldn't put it down and read it in one day. Having been amused by the 86 Fix duology I was hoping this would be in the same mould. It sort of is, although it is (as stated in other reviews) Life on Mars in reverse where Clement appears in 2017, having apparently died in 1975. Funniest guardian angel ever struggling to get to grips with 21st century technology and what is and most definitely socially acceptable nowadays. All this and Beth's life seemingly falling apart at the ...more
Phil Altimas
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: keith-a-pearson
Beth is living a nightmare, her boyfriend has left her with an issue she cant cope with
and then a big strange man appears out of no where
is he there to help or to hinder
its a great story and great read, well written and good pace
loved it
Jennifer Dege
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
May I keep Clement?

Beth's in trouble, her life falling to pieces, bit by bit. Help arrives in an unusual form. Pearson subtly weaves together Beth's personal awakening (swift kick in the...) and Clement's unique adventurous problem solving... er... methods.

I waited impatiently for Clement to make his appearance, and my pertinacity was well rewarded. Without even a heralding thunderclap, Clement arrived on the scene fully fleshed out, complete with mannerisms and a certain way of speaking. I crin
Pamela
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
The first in another great series from Pearson. It’s not as good as the “86 Fix” series, but it will do. It will definitely do.

NOTE: Pearson could certainly do with an editor. The hyper-correction of “and I” rather than “and me” after prepositions is more than a little irritating, and he does it Every Single Time. There’s also a scattering of bear/bare errors. It is also annoying that no one drinks/downs/gulps/anything—they “neck” it. They always “neck” it. Always. But by far, the most obvious
paul ashton
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well, what can I say? The book ticked so many boxes for me. The writer has a clear precise style which I found easy to read. It is a light read but at the same time has a few life lessons and some wonderful dry humour. What stood out for me was the language of the leading lady which was so spot on that I thought the writer was a woman until I checked at the end! Her reflections gave her a depth which made the plot work much better. It was so refreshing to have flawed characters who came across a ...more
David Grieve
May 17, 2018 rated it liked it
A woman down on her luck in a big way is visited by a mysterious stranger who claims to have been killed in the early 70s and has been brought back to help her. Together they have seven days to find £20,000, or she will face disaster.

So far so good. The story bounds along at a good rate and the writing is clear and concise. The storyline is ok without being very memorable. The conceit that runs through it, as to whether he is or isn't who he says he is, gets a bit repetitive. All in all it is ha
Remy Sharp
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed it, and after reading Pearson's '86 fix and the sequel, I'm pretty certain I'll continue to read his books.

The book was a solid page turner, nothing too taxing and a great pairing of characters: Beth (our protagonist) and Clement the deuteragonist. They go on an adventure to find some gold to pay off a local gangster for a debt that Beth doesn't owe.

I just enjoyed the journey of following these two as trapiese through London, test their awkward boundaries and continue to question
Denoramae
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Different in a very positive way.

Beth Baxter is a thirty something women running a sad little used book store. Once upon a time she had a lovely childhood, but at the loss of her father, things changed. She grew up, finished an advance degree and lived through a few lousy relationships. When faced with danger and worry for herself and mother it seemed her life was one long sad tale. But then Clement appeared.
Beautifully written with characters you will be able to both relate too and feel for, t
Steve Black
Jul 20, 2019 rated it liked it
I seem to be in a minority, but I think 3* is quite generous. I did finish the book, mainly to see if the ending was as predictable as I thought and in the hope that something new might happen. In terms of what does happen, the book is overly long. I don't have a problem with the unreality of the basic premise, but to me the style was tedious and with a plethora of unnecessary detail.
All reviews are personal and many will disagree. The book will probably appeal to those who prefer a cosy mystery
David Peat
Jul 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Great story

I loved the story and the characters. The suspension of disbelief was easy to grasp, as the tone created by the writer was skilled and well judged. However, the book needed a good edit. The first quarter, until Clement arrived could’ve been cut by 60% and the whole book could’ve been cut by30%. Despite this, the book is worth preserving with and the waffle is still pleasing. A big fan of the Broadhall novels, this did not reach those heights. But I will continue to support this indie
Richard
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Charming and exciting in equal measure

I'm a big fan of Keith Pearson's books and this one is no exception.

It's part time travel, part thriller, part comedy - a story about a female bookshop owner who finds herself in the debt of a monster through no fault of her own.

Out of nowhere appears her saviour. A man called Clement who claims he died in the 1970s.

The chemistry between the bookshop owner, Beth, and the huge bruiser, Clement, is charming. Clement is befuddled by modern life (to amusing eff
Ms Jayne Faraday
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Quirky and fun.

Loved this book, Clement is a brilliant character and I really enjoyed reading about his methods to help our protagonist to pay off the bad guy! Lots of themes covered, love, loss, and the best type of ending - happy, but with the option of more adventures for Clement. As guardian angels go, he isn't like Clarence from 'It's a Wonderful Life'! A real entertaining read!
Jo Nicholson
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After spending almost a week of my life absolutely glued to the two books of the 86 fix series, I needed more Keith A Pearson in my life. Thankfully he had just released Who Sent Clement, which I have to say is now probably my favourite of the three books I've read. While it lacks the time travelling hilarity of the first two, it is a brilliant 'putting the world to rights' book, and I have such a soft spot for Clement now <3

Can't wait for more from this awesome indie author.
Judith Hodge
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jd loves. Reading

This author is new to me but I have already bought his next book in the series. I want to read it immediately but I loved this book so much the characters, the funny plot lines and the wonderful writing I am going to read Andrew Marrs History of the World to slow me down and when it gets too heavy I will think of Clement and his friends and look forward to it all the more. Thankyou
m.l.jupp
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant! I'm a great fan of Jody Taylor and was looking for something else to read in between. This is well written.funny. The characters are 3 dimensional. The story has twists, turns and tension. I didn't want it to end. And yes there is a sequel. Phew.

As a CW student i was interested how Keith writes as a woman. He does it well. And he writes in first person present tense. And he sustains this throughout. excellent. I'm a new fan.
Jacquie Jerrard
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really unusual story

I loved this book the dynamics between the two main characters was intriguing. The fact they were both out of their depth provided some funny and memorable moments. The character of Mr Sinclair I hated on first reading, as this was the supposed reaction to a nasty and devious character. Keith writes with a no nonsense ATTITUDE which I love. I hope my first e-book is as good as this. Loved it.
Carol
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly good read!

I don't want to give any spoilers if you haven't read this book or another in the series, but Who Sent Clement is a fast moving, rollocking good tale. Beth Baxter is facing some serious trouble when suddenly, and literally, Clement appears. He claims he has been sent to put her life right again. But who is Clement and where did he come from? A light read, but one I couldn't put down. Highly recommended.
Simon Shaw
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing Book

What a fantastic book, i stumbled on it by chance, have just finished reading the last middle falls time travel books by Shawn Inmon. I was looking for more of the same and remebered reading The 86 fix and Beyond Broadhall a few years back and really enjoying them, so decided to see if Keith had written any more time travel books. Couldn't see any but did discover Clement. Sort of time travel story. Great character, great story can't wait to read the next one
Barbara
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
“A woman is like a teabag — you can’t tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.”

And that is exactly how Beth was tested with Clement by her side as her rock to guide her along. Clement is a delightfully rough character you would love to have a pint with and call friend.

This was an entertaining read that had me grinning with every chapter. I look forward to what Clement does next.
Jamie Morgan
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm writing this review about 18 months after reading the book and solely because I want to give some love to the author.

Bloody good job, sir! Think the Equaliser via some kind of heavenly Quantum leap (I'll work on it) I thought I'd read the entire series, just noticed that there's a third out and am now extremely excited (in that internal, reading a book kind of way)

I thoroughly recommend all this authors' work, get to it :-)

Jamie
Amanda
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
After reading 86 Fix I was hungry to read more from this author.
The books starts out so promising but then it goes on and on and on.
Do you want a cup of tea? Shall we have a cup of tea? Let's get some tea?
It really looses what could be an exceptional storyline due to a lot of padding.
Also this author should be informed by his publisher to stop using Notwithstanding all the time.
Sorry but it's a no from me on this one.
David Styles
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
Hmm, I started with an Kindle sample of this and read through to chapter 4 or 5. Upon discovering I had Kindle Unlimited I downloaded the book for free to see if any of my plot predictions were true.

The plot is a train journey; you know exactly where you are going but you aren’t sure who is going to sit next to you or, if the toilets are blocked with paper.

Would make good children’s fiction - if you delete the swearing.
Kellie Gray
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Light hearted and totally enjoyable

I needed something light hearted and easy read to get my head out of this covid-induced lazy-haze. This couldn’t have been more perfect. What a fun read! The characters are well fleshed out and believable. I just love Clement, what a sweetheart. It was a tad predictable throughout but was nonetheless a totally enjoyable read and a page turner for sure. Would certainly recommend.
sally hawkes
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely brilliant

This is the best, hilarious and addictive book I have read this year. Bloody fantastic, please, please Keith give us more Clement and soon! Seriously amazing and for anyone remembering the 60s and 70s, it's essential reading. But even if you weren't around then, still essential reading!
MRS R BAILEY
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
really enjoyed reading this book, very amusing some of the things Clement comes out with. Made me giggle and think about how much technology has moved on in recent years too. Very well written and researched too. would definitely recommend this book. Love this author and previous books the 86 fix can't wait for another book and maybe even a few more with Clement in too.
Rachel Hazlewood
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another fabulous read by Keith Peterson

This man knows hot to write a really good story. The characters are both lovable and real and the story doesn't try to over explain the workings of the situation. I really hope there is a follow up book where Clement and Beth reunite for another weirdly wonderful adventure.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Bank of Goodliness: Shadeys Bank needs to clean up its image, a country vicar needs a new career. It could be a match made in heaven. Or Hell.
  • Time, for a Change
  • Where Seagulls Dare
  • George Pearly Is A Miserable Old Sod
  • Disaster Inc (McGarry Stateside, #1)
  • I Have Sinned (McGarry Stateside, #2)
  • Accidental Hitman
  • Whose Reality is this Anyway?
  • The Final Game
  • The Twin Flame Game
  • Schrodinger's Cottage
  • Angels in the Moonlight
  • Camp Scoundrel: Doing what it takes to survive paradise
  • The Unsound Convictions of Judge Stephen Mentall
  • Who Needs Love, Anyway?
  • The Reluctant Detective: A humorous crime mystery (A Martin Hayden Mystery. Book 1)
  • Last Orders (The Dublin Trilogy #3)
  • The Day That Never Comes (The Dublin Trilogy #2)
I rarely visit Goodreads, on account it's a terrifying place for authors who aren't blessed with a thick skin.

If you'd like to know more about me, head over to my website, or you can follow me on Facebook or Twitter.

Clement (3 books)
  • Wrong'un (Clement #2)
  • Clawthorn (Clement, #3)