Start by marking “Giant Days, Vol. 7 (Giant Days, #7)” as Want to Read:
Giant Days, Vol. 7 (Giant Days, #7)

Giant Days, Vol. 7

(Giant Days (Single Issues) #25-28)

Esther, Susan, and Daisy continue to face the rigors of young adulthood in this Eisner-nominated series.

Fast friends Susan, Daisy, and Esther continue their second year at Sheffield University, and these are formative times, indeed. Education and looking ahead to the future isn’t all that college holds in-store for these ladies--grocery store protests, family reunions, and
Published March 27th 2018 by BOOM! Box

To ask other readers questions about Giant Days, Vol. 7, please sign up.
oıɔoɹ/rocio♥ library? Hoopla. Buy it at a comic store? Order it on Amazon?

Start your review of Giant Days, Vol. 7 (Giant Days, #7)
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: queer
Petition for more McGraw all da time. Thanks
Sam Quixote
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-comics-2017
I’ve just emerged from the longest dry spell of reading any quality books I’d rate four stars or above in years - it’s been over a MONTH! So thank goodness that a new Giant Days arc drops just when I think I’ve got anhedonia. Seven - SEVEN! - books in and this title is still first class all the way. HOW ARE YOU DOING THIS, YOU MAD GENIUS JOHN ALLISON!!!?! Seriously, no other comics series I’ve read has been this consistently good.

In Volume 7, Susan goes back to Northampton at Christmastime to p
David Schaafsma
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Volume 7 of John Allison’s Giant Days is the tale of three roommates Susan, Esther, and Daisy, in their second year at uni, Sheffield. Susan goes home for Christmas to deal with all of her sisters and to try and reunite her parents. Esther becomes a supermarket protestor, and Daisy fights with Ingrid. Is that all?! Just try it and see what I mean when I say it is about not much and is still great.

Allison is consistently funny with the dialogue, one of the best ever, and Sarin’s drawing is great
Emma
May 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another great volume in one of my favourite comic book series! The girls keep being so much fun and I'm loving where the story is going. Also, I think my favourite couple might get back together and I cannot wait for it to happen, I really liked them before and so I just want to see them together again. As always, I highly recommend this series.
Ioanna ms✨조
Oct 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
this volume did not give me what I wanted, which is more Susan and McGraw, and I'm frustrated😟 Still, the Christmas issue was once again delightful 😊
Vera-Michele
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.75/5⭐️

I had only one laugh out loud moment in this volume but I still really enjoyed it. This is a series that I really never get tired of I’m always so excited to read them and I can’t wait for the next one. But now I have to wait till August to read the next one.

Reread: 4.5/5 Stars
I actually liked this one more than last time. I didn't laugh, but I think the plot was really good and the characters were funny.
Lauren
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Still a fabulous series! Not sure how Allison manages to keep coming up with these silly shenanigans.

I have given this 4 stars because I’m not ‘feeling’ the relationship between Daisy and Ingrid. Looking forward to see if Susan and McGraw rekindle their romance, and I bloody love Esther. Why couldn’t I have been her growing up?
Melissa Chung
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This graphic novel series never disappoints. 5 stars!!

Like all of my reviews this is a continuation in a series so I can’t say much. It is the best young adult/adult sitcom I’ve ever witnessed. I wish it was a real t.v. show. Daisy, Susan and Esther are so funny. I just absolutely love them together. They are friendship goals. The men in their lives Ed and McGraw help with their comedy and the situations they find themselves in gives me life. I’ve read every volume with a smile on my face and al
Carmen
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Don't mind me. I can't be objetive with these girls. I've just fallen for the Three of Them. The mess they are, how they grow up in each volume. Their University shennanigans, their friends, their families, everything is utter perfection. It is nostalgia of college years- how I wish my friends back then had been a bit like them- and current trendy problems, Irony and reality and a bit of mischief.One of life simple pleasures:)
Ashley Daviau
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is by far my favourite volume out of the series yet! Mind you, I’m probably going to say this about every single volume in this series if it continues being this great. I just love these characters so much and they really bring me back to my college days and all the uncertainty you constantly feel. And I just love McGraw so DAMN MUCH, I was ecstatic to see more of him in this volume! I also really enjoyed the comedy in this one, it actually made me laugh out loud multiple times which is a r ...more
Paul E. Morph
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic volume of Giant Days. This is fast becoming the comicbook I look forward to reading the most each month. It's always hilarious and Max Sarin's artwork gets better with every issue. Highly recommended.
Kayla (BOOKadoodles)
I. Love. This. Series. So. Much.
Bookishrealm
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was just as good as the other volumes. I'm thinking about doing a re-read soon because I just love the stories behind these three ladies. If you haven't picked up this series you definitely need to get to it soon
Paz R.M.
I finished my 7-volume-long-reread! Now I finally get to start reading the second half of this series, all new adventures for me!
Okay, with whats happening right now in the world, reading one volume a day has kept me sane, really, if you guys havent picked Giant Days yet, please dooo, I promise you'll get more than a few laughs.
This volume offers:
Christmas break! Family fights and the self-realization of one's ignorance and lack of self-awareness plus... RPG weddings and CHEATING?
The girls are
Anna (Bananas)
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
I really want to give the series in general 5 stars. This volume came the closet to 5 so far.
We get to meet Susan’s family, which was a blast. Esther has to deal with some academic competition. Emilia is annoyingly perfect as always but also endears herself for once. Things are finally rekindling between McGraw and Susan, thank God. Daisy has her share of challenges in Ingrid, who continues to be a bit of a nightmare, but man is she fun.
The only storyline I didn’t care for was Dean’s. If could
Lost in Book Land
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am still loving the Giant Days series and intend to read volume eight probably after I finish my current read and then the current volume of Saga I am reading. So it is on the list and fairly high up on the list!

SPOILERS AHEAD

In this volume we see our favorite characters encounter even more college life situations and shenanigans. Since this is volume seven I really have to stay vague so I do not give away too much of the plot lines that are going on this far into the series. However, if you d
Luce
One of the many fantastic things about Giant Days is that it does what almost everything else can’t, and that’s to seamlessly incorporate current slang and vernacular, in the proper contexts, without it coming across like old people trying to be Down With The Lingo. The writer must spend a lot of time on Twitter, or else really listens to the way the young people in his life talk.
Cristina Monica
If you’re reading this and you haven’t picked up this series already, it is about time you do. You will not regret your experience meeting Daisy, Susan and Esther (and many more characters).

This is just unlike any comic I’ve read before, and perhaps I’ve said that before, but I needed to say it again because this volume proves it even more.

First of all, situation comedy comics with, you know, real life-like events and drama are rare to begin with in this world. There are many more fantasy and ac
Jonna Kristina

giant days continues to be a graphic novel series I thoroughly enjoy every time I pick up a volume. even though the episodic nature of the series has in the past prevented me from feeling engaged in the characters and story it works quite well when you pick up a volume every once in a while.

I think this particular volume in particular has been my favourite in the series so far and I look forward to continue picking more volumes up.

read for the newt’s magical readathon: defence against t
Lea (drumsofautumn)
I'M GAY AND I LOVE ESTHER (view spoiler) ...more
Travis Duke
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Still giving me all the warm fuzzy and silly feelings 7 books later. After 7 books its still fresh and warmhearted the art is still really awesome, I cant really put my finger on the art... it is magical and fits the stories like a glove those expressive faces win me over every time. Susan's family was one of my favorites, loved seeing her sisters and talk about warm fuzzy feelings at the end... jeez. The Dean story was the weakest luckily Esther saved the story and the day at the end. Poor Dais ...more
nova ryder ☼
There are few things in life I enjoy as much as I enjoy this series. If they made a tv show I’d be the happiest person alive.

Also. McGraw is my favorite. And this particular volume made me so happy. Particularly the part where he came to the girls rescue wielding a loaf of bread 🥖 as a weapon.

:P

I have zero complaints about this one except why do I have to wait so long for the next one.
Rod Brown
Aug 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Stuff and nonsense, to steal a phrase from one of the last pages of the book. Delightfully amusing stuff and nonsense though. Like solid episodes from a good sitcom, the stories in this collection amuse in the moment even if they tend to evaporate from one's mind over time.
Michelle
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
At the end of 2019, I binge-read a few volumes of Giant Days that I had sitting on my personal collection shelf that I hadn’t gotten around to reading. While I knew that I loved this series, getting that blatant reminder was a wonderful slap to the face and prompted me to check out further volumes of the series from my library.

This volume continues to the follow the lives of Susan, Esther, and Daisy with each issue having its own little story: Susan goes home for Christmas and tries to get her
Chris Lemmerman
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The adventures of Susan, Esther, and Daisy continue as they tackle Christmas, a MMORPG wedding, a grocery store protest, and...chinchillas?

The next four issues in the Giant Days saga are exactly what you expect them to be - laugh out loud funny, genuine, and so very real. The characters navigate love, life, and moral dilemmas while being outrageously entertaining along the way. The artwork even gets to go a little zany this time as a sleep-deprived Susan starts hallucinating, so that must have b
Agnė
3.5 out of 5

I think I’m slowly but surely falling in love with this series. I started genuinely caring about and relating to the characters (especially their relationships!), constantly chuckling at the jokes, and adoring the over expressive manga-ish art, which previously wasn't my cup of tea:

Took me long enough, haha!
Wing Kee
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
One of the issues had me laugh out loud so hard!

World: The art is fantastic and I say this every time because it’s the personality and the emotive style of the characters that makes this series work so well, we know who each character is and how they will react and their body language is perfect. The world building here is once again small and tied into the story and the characters, new little pieces like the garage and the dating life of people and family are all added to stir things up and cre
Adina Hilton
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
THIS SERIES NEEDS TO KEEP GOING FOREVER. Because I love it.

Giant Days does the everyday, normal, and small things so well. This series perfectly captures what it's like to be in college, to have friends, to have boyfriends, girlfriends and exes, and to navigate life as a semi-adult.
In this volume, we spend some quality time with Susan as she deals with the possible end of her parent's marriage. As she tries to patch things up at home, we get to meet all SIX of her sisters! Daisy and Ingrid's rel
Kitkat
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sylwia (Wish Fulfillment)
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I laughed really loud twice. I just love these folks so much. I hope that this series never ends.

• Lumberjanes, Vol. 8: Stone Cold (Lumberjanes, Vol. 8)
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 7: A Bird's-Eye View (Lumberjanes, Vol. 7)
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 9: On a Roll (Lumberjanes, Vol. 9)
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 6: Sink or Swim (Lumberjanes, Vol. 6)
  • The Backstagers, Vol. 1: Rebels Without Applause
  • Goldie Vance Vol. 1
  • The Backstagers, Vol. 2: The Show Must Go On
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 4: Out of Time (Lumberjanes, Vol. 4)
  • Goldie Vance, Vol. 3
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 10: Parents' Day (Lumberjanes, Vol. 10)
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 5: Band Together (Lumberjanes, Vol. 5)
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 12: Jackalope Springs Eternal (Lumberjanes, Vol. 12)
  • Giant Days
  • Goldie Vance Vol. 4
  • Paper Girls, Vol. 6
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 11: Time After Crime (Lumberjanes, Vol. 11)
  • Misfit City Vol. 1
  • Goldie Vance Vol. 2
John Allison is the author and artist of the British webcomics Scary Go Round and Bad Machinery.

Librarian Note: There is more than one author in the GoodReads database with this name. See other authors with similar names.

Giant Days (Single Issues) (1 - 10 of 59 books)
  • Giant Days #1