Start by marking “The Cornish Dressmaker (Cornish Saga #3)” as Want to Read:
The Cornish Dressmaker (Cornish Saga #3)

The Cornish Dressmaker

(Cornish Saga #3)

Cornwall, 1796.
Seamstress Elowyn Liddicot's family believe they've secured the perfect future for her, in the arms of Nathan Cardew. But then one evening, Elowyn helps to rescue a dying man from the sea, and everything changes. William Cotterell, wild and self-assured, refuses to leave her thoughts or her side - but surely she can't love someone so unlike herself?

With Elow
Published July 1st 2018 by Atlantic Books

To ask other readers questions about The Cornish Dressmaker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cornish Dressmaker

Start your review of The Cornish Dressmaker (Cornish Saga #3)
Yvonne
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cornwall in 1796. Think smuggling, mining, fishing, a time of new ventures and risks. This is where Elowyn Liddicot (Elly) lives. She has a loyal shadow in the form of Billy, a young lad who is inquisitive as he is loyal and trustworthy. Elly is torn between a marriage to Nathan who can provide her with a good stable home and life, but then there is William Cotterel, a washed up man who has nothing to apart from a passion for right and wrong.

This is an absolute cracker of a read as I got to trav
Jaffareadstoo
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In The Cornish Dressmaker we travel back to the late eighteenth century, back to a very different world where women were only deemed to be as good as the man they married, and even though Elowyn Liddicot is a successful seamstress, it is still considered more important that she marries well. Being courted by local man, Nathan Cardew, appears to be a good match, that is, until the wild and mercurial, William Cotterell appears in the most unlikely of circumstances and totally disturbs Elowyn’s pea ...more
Sharon
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First time I read this author. Wow definitely earned my five star rating. A love story with sinister twists and turns. True love knows no bounds. Love triumphed in the end. I turned the last page wanting more. Sadly no more but left to ones imagination you can write your own happy ending. I like to think Elly and William realised their dream and Billy graduated becoming just like William who he loved as a brother. Will defintely read Nicola Pryce again.
Julie
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Early on I thought this might be a 3-star. It took me a while to warm to the heroine, and although the author’s undeniably done her research, at times I found myself glaze over at some of the descriptions. But it grew on me, and although I haven’t decided whether to read the rest of the series I certainly enjoyed this one.

It’s setting is Poldarkian, and it recreates that world very effectively. It also reveals the many abuses and scams inflicted so ruthlessly on all levels of society - for exam
Joanne
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can't decide between 4 or 5 stars.

It's been a little over a year since I won the first in this series in a Good Reads giveaway, and I have to say that it was great to find a new author whom I love, but also that she's cracking out books at a fair pace.

I liked this book, but I didn't love it as much as The Captain's Lady, and I think it's because Elowyn and William don't have a lot of interaction before they decide they're in love with each other. I just didn't see the build up because time was
Deborah Snelson
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Following on from Jo Barton's review - which is what I would have written too! - I really enjoyed the way the book explored Elowyn's status as an early example of an independent 'young professional woman' and all the challenges that would have brought about in those times. It made me hope that there was someone like her amongst my forebears! I admire how Nicola Pryce writes such authentically detailed historical novels but with issues and ideas explored which resonate for readers now.

The plot is
Jun 14, 2019
Mrs S.F. Wooderson
May 31, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Porthminster Hall: A captivating novel of family secrets (Cornish Sagas Book 3)
  • Leaving Shades: A captivating Cornish saga filled with love and secrets (The Leaving Shades Sagas Book 1)
  • Rosemerryn: A heartwarming novel of love and family life in a Cornish village (Kilgarthen Sagas Book 2)
  • A Girl Called Hope (Hope Series Book 1)
  • Grace's Courage
  • The Tragic Twin Brides
  • Daisy Grey
  • The Storm (The Storm #1)
  • The Millworkers Daughter
  • Daughter of the House (Cornish Tales #5)
  • The Girl in the Shadows
  • The Ragged Urchin (Rags to Riches Book 1)
  • The Brave Mill Girl
  • Belle of the Back Streets
  • Porthellis: A powerful tale of love and betrayal in a Cornish village (Roscarrock Sagas Book 2)
  • The Five Shilling Children
  • The Orphan's Dilemma
  • Escape to the French Farmhouse

Nicola Pryce trained as a nurse at St Bartholomew's Hospital in London. She loves both literature and history, and has an Open University degree in Humanities. She's a qualified adult literacy support volunteer and lives with her husband in the Blackdown Hills in Somerset, UK. She and her husband love sailing and together they sail the south coast of Cornwall in search of a

Cornish Saga (4 books)
  • Pengelly's Daughter (Cornish Saga #1)
  • The Captain's Girl
  • The Cornish Lady (Cornish Saga #4)