Start by marking “Save Me” as Want to Read:
Save Me

Save Me

Published April 11th 2018 by Pan Macmillan (first published December 28th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Save Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Save Me

Start your review of Save Me
Stephen Robert Collins
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This another that had to add early because don't want to forget .Last years Run was my Top female cr I love her books they are not popular with men because it's not always paints men in bad light which I find reminds me of Jo Brand
This reminds me of the Theme music to The movie M*A*S*H sung in the movie Suicide is painless it brings on many changes & I can take it or let it go. Suicide the cowards way out only cowards kill themselves & selfish bastards who don't give shit for there family's & f
Louise Wilson
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 * rounded up to 4*. Ellie Fisher misses her train home. She's all alone in the the station. Then she sees Gareth, a young man about to take his own life. Ellie convinces Gareth not to jump. Ellie's life is no bed of roses either. Has Ellie unwittingly put her life in danger, or is the real danger closer to home.

I have read all of Mandasue Hellers books and I've loved them all, but not this one. I did enjoy it but not as much as the others. I guessed from very early on where this book was goi
The Book Review Café
I’ve always been a huge fan of Mandasue Heller’s books, so I couldn’t wait to get my grubby paws on a copy of Save Me the latest offering from the author. I have to say this book took me by surprise as it’s very different to Mandasue Heller’s usual gritty crime thrillers, Save Me reads more like a thriller. Don’t get me wrong I really enjoyed the change of direction, there’s still plenty of tension and suspense to keep the reader engaged.

Save Me isn’t fast paced by any means, but like any good t
Lou
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
RTC
Book Addict Shaun
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read a few reviews that said Save Me was a bit of a change in direction for Mandasue Heller and, whilst I can agree slightly, I felt that it had all of the elements that her books normally have that keep people returning. It’s a gritty read as always, just a little less gangland and more psychological thriller. It’s certainly consumed me over the past 24 hours anyway, and I found myself reading it at every available opportunity.

Save Me tells the story of Ellie who misses her train home one ni
Rob Twinem
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable reading with soap opera overtones This review contains minor spoilers...On first blush Save Me reads like a soap opera examining the lives of many characters, focusing on emotional relationships to the point of melodrama...Ellie loves Matt but falls for inept and deranged Gareth. Holly, sister to Ellie, not only has an affair with Matt but also with socially unbalanced Gareth. Ellie's stepfather Billy made advances towards Ellie in her youth but has much more serious issues to confront ...more
Kelly Furniss
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ellie Fishers fatal movement of missing a train home one night and doing a good deed changes her whole World. Little does she know that been in the right place at the wrong time will change her life forever.
Ellie courageously saves someones life only to have that person invade hers.
Told in true Mandasue style she pulls you right in to the story from the beginning and tells the tale of secrets, lies, jealousy & cruel obsession in her dark gritty way.
Although the plot was predictable and the sty
Lainy
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Time taken to read - 1 day

Pages - 400

Publisher - Pan MacMillan

Source - Netgalley

Blurb from Goodreads

A gripping thriller from the Sunday Times bestselling author of Run, Mandasue Heller. When Ellie Fisher misses her train home one night, she has no idea that being in the right place at the wrong time will change her life forever. That night she comes across Gareth, a young man about to take his own life, because as far as he’s concerned there is nothing left to live for. Putting her own life in d
Julie Lacey
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first book of Mandasue Heller’s that I’ve read, and I really enjoyed it.
I did work out that all was not as it seems fairly early on but the story still kept me gripped, right until the end.
Ellie and her sister Holly have a volatile relationship but by the end of the book they have to be stronger than ever for one another.
There is someone who is a threat to their family, and they are obsessed with one of them, and you’ll find yourself turning the pages faster and faster to find out
Mark
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
‘Save Me’ by Mandasue Heller published by Pan Macmillan on Dec 28th

I approached this book with excitement as I was honoured to be reviewing it and some trepidation as this is the latest book from my favourite author......what if it was the first book I didnt enjoy and had to do an honest review etc.......
I didnt need to worry,this is Mandasue Heller at her best,in fact I would say it was my FAVOURITE book by her!!!
As usual Mandasue leaves others standing with her ability to tell a story and lit
Nicky Mottram
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: modern-lit
Was really surprised at this book. I normally love this authors books but I thought that this was the worst one yet!! It was extremely predictable and unbelievable to the point that I nearly gave up as I knew what the ending would be but thought surely it wouldn’t be that simple as this author normally writes so well yet it ended just as I suspected!! so struggled through to the end only to find that it was!!
Best Crime Books & More
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was excited to read the new Mandasue book but have to be honest and say I was surprised at the type of book this turned out to be. It seems like a bit of a departure from the gritty gangland style books she normally produces and leans more towards a psychological thriller.

Ellie Fisher is introduced to us on her commute to work. She has no idea that her day will change when she attempts to help a young guy named Gareth who is attempting to take his own life. In the meantime she is dealing with
Irene
Mar 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Have to hand it to Ellie - she certainly knows how to pick'em! She is naive beyond belief and needs a good talking to as she is extremely irritating, letting everyone walk all over her, a proper little "yes" girl. A character such as Gareth wouldn't have been in the position he was when Ellie and he first met and I felt that was really contrived, as was the complete change in another character from totally selfish to caring in just a couple of pages. It was hard to like anyone at all in this boo ...more
Kazimiera pendrey
I was given a copy of this book from the book review site NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. I was very happy to be given a copy of this book as I have read books by this author in the past and really enjoyed them. You know what you are going to get with this author grit realism great characters and a good plot. I was not disappointed this book has it all. This boo has it all and the plot was also very imaginative and kept me guessing right to the end of the book. I would recommend this ...more
Grace
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it

This was a really good book and had everything that I've come to expect from this writer. It had all the twists and turns that you have come to expect from Mandasue Heller and kept me turning the pages wanting to know the outcome. If you're a fan of this author then you have to read this book.
Lynsey Spedding
Undecided

Being a big fan of Hellers books I didn't read the blurb so was shocked as to how different this book was to her usual style. I disliked the characters immensely, wanted to shake some and punch others for 70% of the story. The pace quickened towards the end however I'd worked out where the story was going in the first few chapters. A disappointing read for me unfortunately.
Vicky Lowe
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant as always, knew where the book was going after a few chapters. Read it in 2 sittings. Looking forward to her next one
Lynz
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really fast paced gripping story. Loads of twists I wasn't expecting. Love this author.
Dawn Gregory
Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another cracking book by one of my favourite authors
Sue McQuaide Kitt
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Save Me is my first book from this author and I am now a huge fan.

On her way home from work one evening, Ellie Fisher sees a young man, Gareth, about to commit suicide and manages to talk him down.

The story centres around Ellie her husband Matt, her sister Holly and Gareth.

Obsessive and unhealthy love, jealousy, lies, secrets ..... oh my goodness ..... some of these characters really got under my skin, but what a brilliant story that kept me hooked and at times on the edge of my seat.

I now look
Carolyn
Mar 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
I've read all of Mandasue Heller's books and this is the only one that has disappointed me.
Extremely predictable.
c b henderson
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. Characters drew me in from first page. Such an easy read and found myself shouting at the characters to see what we as readers could. As always she never disappoints and thoroughly enjoyed the book. Although not
As gritty as some of her other novels I’ve read I would still highly recommend it as I couldn’t wait to see how it ended. Where it went and now so disappointed I’ve finished it. Top read #netgalley #saveme
Ellen
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was thrilled to be asked to review Save Me by Mandasue Heller having being introduced to her books earlier in the year with Run. Save Me is one of those books that I could not put down and I was drawn in from the first few paragraphs with the discovery of a body in an abandoned house. We are then introduced to the main player in the story Ellie Fisher as she saves a young man (Gareth) from throwing himself off a bridge into the path of a train.

This book was unusual in that I really didn’t like
Elisabeth Soane
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
I am a fan normally of Mandasue Heller novels but unfortunately not this one. The main character Ellie Fisher saves a man, Gareth, from attempting suicide whilst waiting for her train. Elle is in an unhappy marriage with fractious family relationships and a dead end job. Gareth suddenly seems to be everywhere but is he as innocent as he seems?
Unfortunately I could see where the story was going and it was predictable. Ellie isn’t a likeable character she does nothing to change her circumstances.
Zita Zadrapova
May 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
I normally enjoy psychological thrillers, unfortunately this one left me unsatisfied. Ellie's character is annoying from the beginning, she is a pushover, for her age very naive woman. I actually did not like any of the characters in this book. They acted well over the top, I did not understand their reactions to certain situations and I think that's one of the biggest reasons I didn't enjoy reading it. For christ sakes, when Tony thinks his pregnant fiancee might be cheating on him, his first i ...more
Dleech
Nov 18, 2017 rated it did not like it
i’ve read a lot of books my this author and usually love them however, Save Me left me very disappointed.

i felt the storyline was weak and the reader knew what was going to happen and who was responsible. for me there were no shocks or twists in the tale. i didn’t really feel that the main character’s controlling and i would say abusive marriage was really addressed by the end of the book either.

many thanks to netgalley and the publishers for the advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.
BookwormCatLady
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-arc
I love Mandasue Heller’s books so I was excited when this came out. For reasons unknown to me, and although I enjoyed it I didn’t get the usual buzz from Save Me.

Thanks to Pan Macmillan for allowing me to read this book in exchange for an honest review.
Mrs Rhian Morris
Disappointing

I love a mandasue Heller book and couldn't wait to start this one. Overall I was very disappointed. Personally I guessed the plot from very very early on and continued to read th e book hoping for a twist along the way, but sadly this didn't happen. Very predictive.
Jenny L
May 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019-books
Dull and predictable. Beyond belief. Interesting that it gets such high star ratings as it read like a novel from a very amateurish writer, yet she has written numerous novels and is highly regarded. Nor for me.
Paul
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crime-thrillers
Save Me – Proper Manc Psychological Thriller

Mandasue Heller over recent years has become one of the leading authors in Manc Noir and in specific she knows how to write a Psychological thriller. Once again, Save Me, proves why she is one of Britain’s best authors, as she will always keep the reader on their toes, and leave you wondering how the story will end. Even then it comes as surprise, or does it?

Ellie is late home from work, and her husband Matt will not be happy as he will have to enterta
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Life of Crime
  • Fearless
  • The Edge (Ruby Darke #3)
  • Survivor (Lolly Bruce #1)
  • The Sting
  • Poison: A gripping gangland crime thriller with a sinister sting
  • Ruby (The Working Girls #2)
  • Toxic
  • The Mark (The Working Girls #1)
  • Queenie
  • MINE
  • No Mercy
  • Blood Feud (Kerry Casey #1)
  • THE TROUBLE GIRLS
  • Fatal: Be gripped in the new year by the latest crime thriller from the best selling author
  • Ugly Truth
  • The Broken
  • Stolen (Lolly Bruce #2)
Mandasue was born in Cheshire and moved to Manchester in 1982. She spent ten years living in the notorious Hulme Crescents which have since become the background to her novels. Not only is she a talented writer, but she has also sung in cabaret and rock groups, seventies soul cover bands and blues jam bands.