Start by marking “Mindful Thoughts for Gardeners: Sowing Seeds of Awareness” as Want to Read:
Mindful Thoughts for Gardeners: Sowing Seeds of Awareness

Mindful Thoughts for Gardeners: Sowing Seeds of Awareness

Embracing gardening as a spiritually enriching activity lovingly reconnects us to nature everyday—this beautifully illustrated little book reminds us how to do it. Rooting each blossoming thought in deep ecology and conscious living, we unearth the power inherent in mindfully lifting the soil; it lifts our souls as well.

Mindful Thoughts for Gardeners sows a series of medi
Published March 5th 2018 by Leaping Hare Press

To ask other readers questions about Mindful Thoughts for Gardeners, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mindful Thoughts for Gardeners

Start your review of Mindful Thoughts for Gardeners: Sowing Seeds of Awareness
Ann
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a wonderful collection of short meditations and thoughtful insights into keeping the earth green and healthy through gardening. Easy to read it is also beautifully illustrated. Perfect book for anyone who loves getting their hands into the soil and bringing forth a plant or flower.
Alicia Bayer
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
Oh, how I wanted to like this book! I loved the cover and I loved the premise -- meditations for gardeners about life gleaned through digging in the dirt and growing, which is what all gardeners love to do.

I was able to preview the book through NetGalley, whose description read: "Embracing gardening as a spiritually enriching activity lovingly reconnects us to nature everyday—this beautifully illustrated little book reminds us how to do it. Rooting each blossoming thought in deep ecology and con
Katrina
Jan 08, 2020 rated it liked it
I'm giving this wee book a generous 3 stars.
Terri
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this little book. Being a gardener it helps me connect to why I love gardening and started my garden services business. Kaitiaki (taking care) of nature.
Lara Maynard
I enjoyed the illustrations in this one more so than the text, which I find sort of states in that kind of New Age-y way what is fairly obvious to most gardeners about the benefits and pleasure of the gardening. That said, it might make a nice little gift book for the right gardener. Or help sustain am imaginative reader-gardener through the winter months.

I read a copy of #MindfulToughtsforGardeners from the publisher via #NetGalley.
GONZA
Feb 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Gardening as a form of meditation and spirituality. Deep in its own special way, this book has not to be read only by gardeners, but as I am not a gardener myself, I think I missed something.

Il giardinaggio come forma di meditazione e di spiritualitá. Profondo in un suo modo speciale, questo libro non deve essere letto per forza ed unicamente da giardinieri, ma siccome io non lo sono, ho avuto la netta sensazione di perdermi qualcosa.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!
Jess Pinault

• The Compromise
  • The Suitcase
  • Journeys
  • Modernist Cuisine at Home
  • The Montessori Toddler: A Parent's Guide to Raising a Curious and Responsible Human Being
  • Ice Floes and Flaming Water
  • Demian: Die Geschichte von Emil Sinclairs Jugend
  • Eight Cousins (Eight Cousins, #1)
  • The Fashion in Shrouds (Albert Campion Mystery, #10)
  • Agatha Raisin and the Dead Ringer (Agatha Raisin, #29)
  • The Winter's Tale
  • The Blind Side (Ernest Lamb #1)
  • The Paper Cell
  • Can You Forgive Her? (Palliser, #1)
My ecospiritual books grew out of a winding path, from my childhood in the Pacific Northwest and integral studies at Fairhaven College, on to massage school and Reiki training, and then graduate studies in Wisdom Traditions, somatic psychology, education, and creative writing. My dream is that all people would find their soul work, which heals people and our fellow earthlings on many levels. Visit ...more