Start by marking “The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 7: I've Been Waiting for a Squirrel Like You” as Want to Read:
The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 7: I've Been Waiting for a Squirrel Like You

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 7: I've Been Waiting for a Squirrel Like You

(The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #7)

Squirrel Girl goes savage! When Doreen Green and Nancy Whitehead enter a mysterious programming competition, they don't suspect that the prize for winners will be an all-expenses-paid trip to...the Savage Land! Will Squirrel Girl fight a dinosaur? Will Squirrel Girl fight two dinosaurs?! Will we come up with really excellent reasons why these fights would take place, reaso ...more
Published March 13th 2018 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 7, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 7

Calista
If you love Squirrel Girl and Dinosaur's then this is the issue for you. Squirrel girl goes to the Savage lands which is this preserve in Antartica. The villain is a mega metal dinosaur.

This was my least favorite Squirrel girl and saying that, it was still an entertaining read. It's still good.

At the end of the book there is a lot of short extra little silly stories about raising money for a library that was funny. Also Kraven the Hunter also sticks in a page here and there in the novel that's f
Stephanie
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
This is my favorite comic/graphic novel series EVER in any genre and it just fills me with joy. And this one has dinosaurs in it! (And the BEST dinosaur-themed jokes!)

I missed a train last night and had to stay up soooo much later than I'd planned on my way home, but reading this made it worth it. It is just FULL of delight! (And this particular volume would work perfectly well as a standalone if you want to jump in with the dinos straightaway - but why miss the first 6 awesome volumes? Squirrel
Rod Brown
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Squirrel Girl takes her upbeat attitude and wide-eyed wonder to Antarctica for a Jurassic Park take on Marvel's dinosaur-filled Savage Land. Kraven the Hunter guests and SG makes use of one of her long-neglected powers. (view spoiler)

As usual, the story is crammed with humor and adventure, and the book i
Diz
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
Squirrel Girl is in the Savage Lands in a desperate effort to save the last dinosaurs on Earth. Nancy falls in love with a Latverian! Squirrel Girl is back on its A game in this volume. Also, you have to give the creators of this book credit for ignoring the Secret Empire event and for even criticizing it. Finally, this book has made Kraven into one of my favorite characters. His short stories in this volume are so funny.
Favour Egbune
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Amazing as usual. I really should write one of those letters so I can see it in the forum place.
Rebecca
A solid volume. Always wanted to see a squirrel themed super hero turn up to a battle on a dinosaur and now I can die happy.
eHawk
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
too good
Frankie
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Aaaaah! This was such a great volume! I think it might be my favourite yet!
Olivia
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first volume of SG that I read digitally. Unless ComiXology improves its interface for this series, it'll be my last as trying to zoom in to get the text at the bottom of the page is a pain.

That technicality aside, I enjoyed this more than I have more recent volumes. This barely requires the reader to know anything else about the series and involves dinosaurs with lots of Jurassic Park references (and a great Scott McCloud reference). SG continues to be a series that reinforces incl
Ma'Belle
SG is still my go-to recommendation for anyone who is curious about what's so good about comic books but isn't keen on the typical superhero story. It feels like Ryan North and Erica Henderson have been making this standout Marvel book for way longer than just a few years, and I'm nervous about the news I heard that Erica is leaving. They've really made one of the best, most consistently entertaining, smart, tender, and all-ages-friendly comics available anywhere. This volume has some great stuf ...more
Marianne
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the funniest and funnest comic out there right now.
Dea
May 31, 2018 rated it liked it
You know I'll forever love Squirrel Girl no matter what. But this wasn't flawless.

(view spoiler)
Adan
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Look, this was gonna get a five-star rating the moment Dinosaur Ultron showed up, but then he started quoting Jeff Goldblum’s Dr Ian Malcolm (“Life, uh, finds a way”) and I was in love.

Also, the letters columns continue to be printed in the trades, and a lady calling herself “Steph” said everything I’ve ever wanted to say about Squirrel Girl: “Thank you so much for developing a character like Doreen/SG, who just radiates positivity. I love her self-confidence. I love the way she supports the peo
Kathleen
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Doreen and Nancy win a coding contest, and so they get to travel to the Savage Land and meet coders from all over the world. Friendships are made, dinosaurs are awesome, and robots are fought. All in all, a perfect comic book, with the extra jokes this title is known for.

I highly recommend The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl for all comic book readers.
Christopher
May 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Best quote:

"I shall dub these lands 'Savage' because I am from colonial times, an era of assumptions both unexamined and problematic!!!"

I'm always happy to have more Squirrel Girl. This edition is full of dinosaurs and the characters' enthusiasm is contagious. Not as good as the last installment, but still great fun as always.
Renata
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
(read as single issues)

Squirrel Girl + Dinosaurs + Doombots = yessss

also it looks like this trade will include the standalone "zine" issue which was AMAZING, 5 Stars for Brain Drain's inspirational zine alone

Shaun
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Squirrel Girl, Dinosaurs? YES PLEASE! This volume is tons of fun all around.
Katherine Scott
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Zine at the end of this volume is a wonderful time.
Tim
Squirrel Girl in the Savage Land is a match made in heaven
jennifer
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ultrorannosaurus Rex.
Paperclippe
Robot. Dinosaurs.

Comics are awesome and fixed forever, bye
Kristin
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I always forget how much I enjoy Squirrel Girl. So. Many. Puns. And the mini-issue at the end, written in the style of several guest superheroes, was absolutely delightful.
Lizzy // The Bookish Unicorn
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dinosaurs!!!!
Also I demand a run of Tippy-Toe and Rocket Racoon comics now
Shannon Appelcline
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, comics-marvel
One of the joys of Ryan North's Squirrel Girl is that he manages to reveal the innate ridiculousness of the Marvel Universe. So, here we get the ridiculousness of the Savage Land (complete with gift shop) and the ridiculousness of Latveria (complete with brainwashed citizens).

Beyond that, this is a fun story with the action, adventure, and comedy you'd expect from Squirrel Girl. In other words, another amusing volume.
Bogi Takács
This was a lot of fun, also computer jokes give me life - and finally someone says something about how the Savage Land in the Marvel universe is very... unfortunately named. No long review this time; if you like the series, this is a cool volume, but it is probably best to start at the beginning.

Source of the book: Lawrence Public Library
Katie
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Squirrel Girl AND dinosaurs?!! How much more awesome can you get? (Answer: you can't) These books continue to utterly delight & entertain. If you have a sense of humor & love kick-ass girls, then these are a must-read.

I LOVE THESE
Alicia
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl! Dinosaurs! Women using rad skills! What's not to love?
Staci Corcoran
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This one was a little weirder, it wasn't set in roughly the "real world", but it was fun in the end, and I really liked how they solved the actual problem.
Maggie
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm not good at keeping up with comics, as I don't have an alert set or anything for when the volumes are released, but I always love a good Squirrel Girl adventure. I didn't enjoy the story in this one quite as much, but there were some hilarious footnotes, as always, that made for some LOLs.
Chad Jordahl
Jun 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Started strong, but dropped off. The special "zine" chapter (issue 26) was a mix of quite good and yuck. And the add-on chapter " a year of Marvels: the unbeatable #1" was tame and boring... Maybe written for a very young audience?
Hi, I'm Ryan! I was born in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada in 1980 and since then have written several books. You can read my Wikipedia page for more, or check out my author site at RyanNorth.ca!

I'm the author of the webcomic Dinosaur Comics (that's the comic where the pictures don't change but the words do, it's better than it sounds and I've also done crazy things like turn Shakespeare into a choose-yo

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 1: Squirrel Power