Start by marking “Drunk Dial” as Want to Read:
Drunk Dial

Drunk Dial

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  13,774 ratings  ·  1,532 reviews
From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward, comes a new, sexy standalone novel.

It seemed like a good idea at the time. Look up Landon Roderick, that boy from childhood whom I’d never been able to forget—even though he so easily forgot about me—and call him.

Published August 21st 2017 (first published August 19th 2017)

·  13,774 ratings  ·  1,532 reviews

Start your review of Drunk Dial
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
LIVE! at 20% OFF (limited time) | AMZ US | AMZ UK | B&N | KOBO | iBOOKS |

LIVE EARLY! I AM INTRIGUED!

Stand-alone.
LIVE! at 20% OFF (limited time) | AMZ US | AMZ UK | B&N | KOBO | iBOOKS |
Blurb:
Then again, anything sounds like a good idea when you’ve had a little too much wine before bed, right? It was supposed to be just
Christy
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.25 stars!

description

I absolutely loved Drunk Dial! I listened to the audio version of this book and the narration was amazing. I didn’t want to stop listening once I started. Rana and Landon’s friends to lovers story really hit the spot for me. I loved the way they came together, and the little twists I didn’t see coming. Definitely my favorite Penelope Ward book to date!
“It’s funny how the things that we once looked at as tragic are exactly what needed to happen, in retrospect.”

Shannon Moore
Aug 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Drunk Dial has one of the best meet cutes that I've ever read. Seriously! From the get go, it's exciting, witty, it gives you little butterflies in your stomach and makes you so excited for everything to come. The banter and flow are exquisite. From that first phone call, I couldn't wait for the journey that these two would take me on.

Clearing my throat, I did my best to sound like a composed woman, one who’d maybe just had a drunken demon exorcised from her. “Hello?”
He let out a deep
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

He tasted like sugar and cigarettes, and all I wanted anymore in this life was to just keep doing this. I hadn’t realized exactly how starved I was, how badly I had needed the contact. But going from zero to Landon was like not eating for years only to be met with the most decadent of foods.

photo Piercing Teaser_zpsq7qzb2mq.jpg

DRUNK DIAL is a sweet & sexy ”friends to lovers” romance filled with Penelope Ward’s signature brand of snarky humor. I predict that many a reader wi
Aestas Book Blog
HOLY FUCKING SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!! OMG!!! I'm wiping away happy tears as I write this because I just finished reading an AMAZING new book that I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVED!!!! Gah. The FEEEELS!! It's a second chance romance with one of the most HEART-WARMING, SEXY, SWEET, SWOONY, HEALING, ROMANTIC, ADDICTIVE, and BEAUTIFUL stories I've read all year!!! The hero and heroine are both very flawed people who so clearly love each other with every part of their hearts and it was just such a cathartic exper ...more
Penelope Ward
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
A heads up that I am about to change Drunk Dial to its permanent price of $4.99. The limited-time release sale of $3.99 won't last much longer. Grab it before it changes! This will be the ONLY sale for the book. A fun, emotional, sexy, STANDALONE second-chance romance that USA TODAY's HEA blog calls, "An Absolute Winner."
Amazon ➜ http://amzn.to/2fXfzKn
iBooks ➜ http://apple.co/2tq7dRz
Nook ➜ http://bit.ly/2xeEH2H
Kobo ➜ http://bit.ly/2ihXnMD
Audio ➜ http://amzn.to/2fWnsQg
Paperback ➜ http://amzn.to/2
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦Ok, so imagine... You get piss drunk and call someone from your past who has wronged you and bitch them out.

➦But then he calls you back and calls you out on your shit!

➦What would you do? Would you be an adult about it and listen and possibly make amends or would you, I dunno...

➦If you picked option #2 perhaps you might be in need of some anger management, just saying. :D

➦This was probably my favorite book by Penelope Ward. I kept waiting for a crazy cat aka subplot to get out of the closet and
Jennifer Kyle
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

"I wonder what you'd think of me now, Landon."

A very enjoyable read. Although the I love yous were a bit quick the storyline itself was pretty terrific!

GimmeAllTheWerdssss
Jul 23, 2017 marked it as author-i-won-t-read
Not a review but a prediction based on Wards past books...

1 - Book will probably divided into two parts...Past and Present
2 - H and h probably dated in the past and it ended badly
3- H will have loud obnoxious sex with his current girlfriend so that he h can hear as a form of revenge
4 - There will be a child with OW or OM involved

And last but not least...

5 - h will be a doormat

❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Untitled

page_divider 4_STARS

DRUNK DIAL: Is a new, sexy, standalone romance novel by Penelope Ward. In this we have the privilege of meeting the gorgeous hot tatted up Landon Roderick and belly dancer Rana Saloomi.

41b6b620a3e5a376e5c4bc99fbda43f7

Our story was a lot like a Rubik's Cube - colourful and complicated. It took years to work it out, but then suddenly like magic, on a random Sunday, everything all came together.

These two unlikely duo met way back in their early teens when Rana’s family lived in Landon’s families converted gar
Dilek VT
Aug 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Well, Ms Penelope didn’t surprise me… She is stuck on her usual formula in this book again!

1. Put the heroine in a vulnerable/humiliating situation or at least a funny or needy one.

Cocky Bastard: She needs a ride as her vehicle is broken.
Neigbor dearest: Her intimate phone conversations are overheard by her neighbor and she is embarrased.
Roomhate: She has to listen to her ex having loud sex in the next room because they have to stay in the same house somehow.

2. Include some “sexy-fun banter”.

Di
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

8b2094591d2624609d4ec155ce699f

Drunk dialing? Have you ever done it? Well, I have and to say it's embarrassing when you sober up is soooo true. But what happens when a drunk dial leads to two former friends reconnecting that soon leads to a love connection? In the case of Penelope Ward's latest standalone, Drunk Dial she has readers ringing and dialing in to a modern romance that has steam, humor, heart and raw emotions.

#DrunkDial

One drunken night, Rana Saloomi decides to goo
Wil Loves Books!
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I liked this one a lot. The beginning was super epic. However, it kinda fizzled out sometime in the middle. It's also very insta love, which I couldn't quite get into. But I still liked it a lot. The heroine is super funny and the hero is super swoony. I still found it to be interesting and somewhat original. I recommend if you're looking for something a little different.
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

“In many ways, our story was a lot like the Rubik’s Cube – colourful and complicated.”

I am a huge Penelope Ward fan and I will read absolutely anything she produces, so to say this was something I was really looking forward to, would be a massive understatement. I always love her storytelling and her ability to pull me in from the get go and to leave me completely satisfied by the end. If you’re anything like me and love your ‘friends to lovers’ trope, then I am sure you will devour
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
If ever a drunk dial was to turn out to be any good, this would be the way it was meant to be.

I enjoyed the story, I just didn't feel a lot throughout it. Not a bad thing, it was sweet, it was cute, it actually was a beautiful love story. I just didn't love it.

But I did love Landon Roderick. He was so caring, so passionate, so real. I loved how he took control and made decisions. He was sweet, he was so loving and understanding of Rana's past. He made this book for me.

In the beginning I love
warhawke
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Light sexy reading
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Female
Rating:

Rana Saloomi lived a safe but lonely life. As a belly dancer, she revealed herself to the world, but protected her heart from the possibility of being hurt. One drunken night led to a phone call to a boy from her past and the chance for fulfilling future.

Landon Roderick was no longer the clean cut boy Rana used to know. The tattooed hottie went away to searched for answers only to find his true self. Everything was go
Sabrina
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Get it here:
Amazon * Barnes & Noble

For me Drunk Dial felt like a mix of a long-lost-lovers story along with a friends-to-lovers one. Rana and Landon had such an easy relationship that they fell into effortlessly so I couldn't help but feel like I was reading about two characters finding their soul mate.

I though it was brilliant how Penelope Ward had these two people tangled in a web of lust and need but also with so much sweetness that it balanced it out. The story was unique, at least for me,
The Book Bee
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
FOR THE RECORD, I READ THIS AUGUST 19th-20th. THE DATE ON THIS REVIEW WAS MY ORIGINAL UPDATE ON GOODREADS ABOUT WANTING TO READ IT.

REVIEW: 2 STARS

SO, I REALIZE that I won't have a common rating....and this review won't be one of a popular opinion. I understand that, and I respect that, but I've always prided myself on the honesty in my reviews no matter how against the grain I am. My reviews are my personal opinion only, and I will always be as respectful as possible. With that being said, t
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4 'Tell me something funny' Stars!

Another fantastic and emotional love story by Penelope Ward! She always gets to surprise me with her twists and mysteries and Drunk Dial was no exception. A great list of characters, a couple with amazing chemistry, some drama and a happy ending: I am sure satisfied after reading this!

Drunk Dial is a standalone novel and it kind of portrays a very curious (and entertaining) friends to lovers romance. Rana and Landon were best friends for a while when they were l
Ashi- A hopeless romantic girl :D
Seeing that it is Penelope Ward's book why do i feel like that the heroine's gonna find out a girlfriend on the other end😛

• Jodi Bibliophile •
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-star
I'm so upset that this didn't give me the Penelope Ward Feels I'm so used to. Didn't connect with the characters at all but I still love this author and will still be fangirling the fuck outta her. Can't wait for her next one <3 ...more
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4 Stars!

photo IMG_9309_zpsd7tofnqq.jpg

Rana Saloomi is a beautiful, single 26 yr. old woman from Michigan. She enjoys her job as a belly dancer, but doesn't have much of a social life. One evening she gets brave after too much wine & makes an impulsive decision to look up her old childhood friend Landon Roderick. He's the boy she could never forget. They were friends in junior high for about a year before she moved. She hadn't seen him since she was 13, but as a kid, hanging out with him was what she lived for. She had a
Raine Miller
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this beautiful story from beginning to end. So much love between Rana and Landon. FIVE FABULOUS STARS!
Lo Bookfrantic
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: f-br, arc-review-ng
4★★★★ Stars

Genre:  Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Female

T3 - Drunk dial.jpg teaser

Rana Saloomi; grew up believing she wasn't pretty and often looking like a tomboy.  Living with a beautiful mother that didn't care about her really affected the way she looked at herself.  After her mother run away with another man; she rebel against her father and got in a lot of trouble.  Not only did she have gotten in trouble but she made a lot of mistakes that scar her for life.

Landon Roderick used t
Jen
Oct 20, 2017 added it
4 Stars

This book hit me from the depths of my kindle library at just the right time. I needed a quick, mostly light hearted read and for the most part, Drunk Dial suited me to a T. I love the idea of Rana and Landon reconnecting after all of that time (thirteen years!) and the notes Rana saved for all of those years from Landon were freaking adorable.

The instalove force is strong with this one and I could've used a scosh more relationship angst. It's not quite at the cavity-inducing level of swe
RentasticReads
I feel like my heart just abandoned me, leapt out of my chest for good, and ended up skipping through galaxies beyond. And I need to retrieve and pick it back up from wherever it decided to land on. Seriously. Penelope Ward has officially set my entire body in a constant, mesmerizing and delicious state of overdrive—my mind is completely blown to shards, my heart is bursting at the seams with so much love and feels, my tummy is filled with crazy mad butterflies, and my emotions... well, it's pre ...more
Beatrice Masaluñga
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult
One night, Rana Saloomi was drunk and dialed her childhood crush Landon Roderick. They've lost contact for thirteen years since Rana and her father left. She unloaded all her feelings towards him and after hanging up, she thought maybe he won't be calling back.

Instead, Landon kept in touch with her. She got to hear his side and clarified they weren't kicked out because of their debts (Rana and her family used to live in the Roderick's garage and unable to pay their rent). Their conversation wen
Shayna
~*~ 4 1/2 STARS ~*~

What can I say that I haven't already said about this FABULOUS WRITER...I honestly feel like a broken record every time I write a review for Ms. Ward, because EVERY SINGLE STORY that she releases into the wild is ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE! Drunk Dial gives us a unique storyline with some pretty unforgettable characters. They are flawed. They are relatable. They are beautiful. There are a couple of reveals throughout the story that were surprising and intense. The chemistry, of
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
I love Penelope Ward and her books.

I absolutely love how these characters reconnected after 13 years through a drunk phone call. And while this story was sweet, I wish I connected more to it and the characters.

Rana and Landon knew each other as kids when she and her family lived in his family's garage apt. Until they couldn't afford to pay rent and were kicked out. Thirteen years later, Rana has never forgotten him so drunk dials him to give him a piece of her mind.

But what's supposed to be o
1-Click Addict Support Group
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I went in thinking that I knew how this story would play out, well the joke was on me because I was WAY OFF!! A second chance at love with the one you can't forget, that's a BIG YES in my book!!

Would you want to know what happened to your first crush? The ONE that made you feel loved and that you mattered? The one that would write you letters and make you laugh?

For Rana, Landon was that ONE person. They were besties, inseparable until life happened. Fast forward to thirteen years and a drunk di

• Beautiful Mistake
  • Mister Moneybags
  • Stuck-Up Suit
  • Egomaniac
  • Say I'm Yours (Return to Me, #3)
  • Inappropriate
  • Bossman
  • Beat (Life on Stage, #2)
  • We Shouldn't
  • The Baller
  • Rebel Heir (Rush Duet, #1)
  • The Naked Truth
  • All Grown Up
  • Throb (Life on Stage, #1)
  • Sex, Not Love
  • Belong to You (Cole, #1)
  • Made for You (Cole, #2)
  • Dirty Letters
Penelope Ward is a New York Times, USA Today and #1 Wall Street Journal Bestselling author.

She grew up in Boston with five older brothers and spent most of her twenties as a television news anchor before switching to a more family-friendly career.

Penelope lives for reading books in the new adult genre, coffee and hanging out with her friends and family on weekends.

She is the proud mother of a beau