Jump to ratings and reviews

By Choice

For Sofie, going to school with Tyson Bond was bad enough. But several years later, having him as her supervisor is the icing on the craptastic cake. Tyson’s extremely handsome, very full of himself, a little hotheaded... and he’s all Sofie can think about. But she knows she has to be strong—Tyson is not for her and getting involved with a supervisor is definitely not a good life choice.

When she’s in Berlin on business, Sofie indulges in a one-night stand with Leo, a gorgeous military man, in hopes of banishing thoughts of Ty from her mind. Just the idea of flirting and fleeing the country makes her feel adventurous. A one-night stand with an overseas hottie is perfect for her basic needs as a woman.

But, of course, fate has different plans. When her one-night stand comes back into her life, Sofie has to question every decision she’s been forced to make.

***

Boy meets girl. It’s the way romances usually begin... and while we all love a happy ending, it’s the #MeetCute that wins our hearts.

Twelve authors. Twelve stand-alone contemporary romance novels. Twelve stories that will make your heart beat a little faster.

Because it’s all about the #MeetCute.

Kindle Edition

Published July 25, 2017

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Rene Folsom

69 books403 followers
GET A FREE BOOK >> www.renefolsom.com/newsletter

Rene Folsom, author of contemporary and paranormal, lives in Florida with her husband and three kids. She has officially diagnosed herself with creative ADD and often has a million and one writing projects going at once. In addition to writing, she is also a graphic artist who enjoys creating custom book covers for indie authors. She is definitely an artist at heart and would love nothing more than to be elbow deep in clay during her waking hours.

Rene believes that all fiction is based on some form of reality—otherwise we would never have the inspiration or knowledge to dream up the realistic situations we portray with our words. She is proud to say that her personal experiences have been inspirational, though perhaps not always identical to that of her fictional characters. Where reality and fantasy diverge, however, must remain her little secret…

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
Displaying 1 - 3 of 3 reviews
Profile Image for Tonya.
1,960 reviews7 followers
July 24, 2017
Yes! Finally we get Sofie's story. I feel like I've been waiting forever for this book. This is a complete standalone. So you don't have to read Playing Games series first. Sofia did have a few scenes, but she was just a secondary character.

If you read the epilogue, you'll be wanting the next book ASAP! I know I need it soon!

This does have a little bit of a triangle to it. Sofie didn't mean for it to happen. Leo was just suppose to be a one nighter in Germany.

Sofie has known Ty since college. he's always flirted with her, but she didn't believe he was series. And now, he is her boss.

Ty has always wanted Fie. After one phone call, he finally has some hope.

Of course there are steamy scenes, it wouldn't be a Rene Folsom book if there wasn't. There is also some what the eff moments and some mystery.

What the hell is up with Veronica?

I love Sofie and Ty. But I really really like Leo also.

I was so happy to see MY Coda in this book too!

This is a great read and I can't wait for the next!
July 27, 2017
Without having read any of the Playing Games books, I was a little worried that even though this was a standalone, I might be a little lost! Boy was I wrong!!

This is a love triangle like no other! Sofie Harper didn't mean for her "one nighter" -Leo, to follow her home from Berlin, Germany but as luck would have it, they not only wound up on the same flight, but right next to each other.

Then there is Tyson Bond. An old friend from college who just happens to also be her boss.
She knows Tyson has always wanted her but believes he's a playboy at heart. One daring phone call is all it takes to give Tyson the little glimmer of hope he needed to keep pursuing her.

And in comes Veronica...threatening all involved in this triangle and no one knows where this will go.

Will she chose the easy way out and go with Leo, or risk her heart and chose Tyson?

If you are into cliffhangers- read the Epilogue. Don't say I didn't warn you!
I cannot wait for the next in this series!
Profile Image for Gretchen.
51 reviews24 followers
August 9, 2017
I have never been good with triangles, thus why I did terribly in geometry class in high school. Add love to said triangle and I'm so messed up! I couldn't put this down once I started. It was definitely not your typical romance, it had intrigue and danger. It obviously had laughter and palpable vulnerability in it as well, so it is making me sad that the book has ended. I also loved the colorful language used. Half of the curse words used I've only heard my sisters and I use. I loved it! I'm going to have to get the next book in the series because I am far too invested in these characters now!
Displaying 1 - 3 of 3 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.