Start by marking “The Centaur's Last Breath (Brimstone Witch Mystery #3)” as Want to Read:
The Centaur's Last Breath (Brimstone Witch Mystery #3)

The Centaur's Last Breath

(Brimstone Witch Mystery #3)

Listening Length: 4 hours, 45 minutes

Cassia Winter is a witch. With the help of her cat, Stanley, she investigates crime in the magical town of Brimstone.

A centaur has died while out on a run. His death is confirmed as heart failure by a doctor. But the centaur’s father is adamant that his son was murdered and asks for Cassia’s help.

Cassia starts to investigate the
Published July 3rd 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Centaur's Last Breath, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Centaur's Last Breath

Start your review of The Centaur's Last Breath (Brimstone Witch Mystery #3)
Montzalee Wittmann
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Centaur's Last Breath (A Brimstone Witch Mystery Book 3) by April Fernsby is another good witch detective story. This story has a centaur found dead of with an apparent heart attack but his father thinks it is murder. It has lots of twists, side issues, personal craziness, and gnome and kitten problems. It is a cute story and I really like this series. It is a fun, clean, fantasy, cozy, mystery series that is creative and a joy to read.
Sandra Bašić
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another magic story from Brimstone, with garden gnomes, athlete centaurs and flying cats. Love it!
Kayla Krantz
I’ve always been a fan of witch stories and murder mysteries, and as it turns out, when the two combine, it creates pure magic. In this enchanted mystery, we follow the path of Justice witch Cassia as she tries to figure out who the murderer is after a healthy Centaur is found dead of supposed heart failure.

This one will keep you guessing because each character was created with their own set of motives that made me think that just about every one was guilty at some point in the story. Each
Delta
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
My first experience with Cassia Winter was a fun and exciting one. I loved the setting and the characters. The gnomes feud was an especially fun side story. I also loved the flying kitten story but it did often feel as though it took away from the main story line more than it should have. Overall, I thought it was a great story. I would love to read the others in the series.

I listened to the audiobook and I thought Rebecca McKernan did an excellent job with the narration. Her characters were
Charli
Aug 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
I'll be honest, this book wasn't a favorite of mine. It just didn't capture and keep my attention like I would have liked it to. I found it all too easy to put this one down and not pick it back up. I had to remind myself that I needed to read it for the review just to get through it.

For one thing, I took the book under the guise that it was a brand new, yet-to-be-released book. It's not. It was released over a year ago and there are actually twelve books in the series so far. Another issue is
Sue
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-challenge
Cassia Winter is new to being a justice witch and is aided in her quest by trusty helper Stanley the cat. Once peaceful Brimstone is now the site of a yet another murder. Selo, a centaur (half man/half horse), has been assassinated and Cassia must figure out who hired the hitman and why. Selo was a very willful creature that didn’t care the havoc he made when running through the town and he had many enemies within the centaur community along with the residents of Brimstone. Just when Cassia and ...more
Toni
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cassie celebrated her solving the murder of the werewolf. She;s sleeping in when Blythe shows up the next morning and awakens her with the news that another murder has been commited. This time a centaur has been murdered. So Cassie goes out to investigate. In the investigation she returns home with a cute little kitten hidden in her broomstick. Her and Stanley her cat are taken with the little miss. Then off they go to investigate more. Eventually her gran learns about Kitty and tells Cassie ...more
Fleur
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
This is the first book in the series I have read and I will be going back to read the other 2 now! Cassia is just so sweet not wanting to rock the boat between Luca and Astrid even though Astrid is well just nasty. Fortunately Cassia doesn't let Astrid get in the way of Luca helping her with her investigation as well as spending a bit of time with him. I liked how we really didn't know what was going on at first with who murdered Selo, but also with how the other Centaurs when Cassia and Stanley ...more
Diana Lindoff
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Grab your favorite beverage, sit back and enjoy this fun witchy mystery.
Cassie is a Justice Witch, it's her job to ensure proper justice in Brimstone. Now, something is wrong in Brimstone. People seem to be getting angry for no reason. Murders are happening, one gets solved and another happens, not Brimstone's usual problem. Add in that someone is trying to get rid of Cassie; not a very peacefull and happy town right now. Will Cassie and her familiar and friend Stanley be able to figure out
Pat Eroh
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a very clever, well-written cozy about a town filled with paranormals and the main character is the justice witch who must solve a murder. Cassie is a very likable character as is her familiar - a cat named Stanley. Very well written, it was fun to read and I enjoyed finding out who did the crime, someone I never suspected. The ending was a bit of a cliff hanger, something which I do not care for but I'm sure some folks do like it.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am
Melissa Hayden
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a relaxing mystery with paranormal twist as it's in a magic city. I kept track of the clues and what Cassia learns along the way and it feels to work out in the end. If you looked at the audiobook length, it's just shy of 5 hours. This book is written in a fashion that the story moves forward with each scene. There is no wasted time here. I love this, no wasted words.

****FULL REVIEW TO FOLLOW****
Stephanie
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cassia and Stanley are at it again this time they are investigating a suspected murder of a centaur named selo well suspected because his father believes his son was murdered and not heart failure like the cops think. Cassia is still pretty new but with Stanley her CST she cannot go wrong. Another great book in this series and I can't wait to read more.

Christine Scotney
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another delightful read, Cassia and her cat Stanley are after another murderer in the magical town of Brimstone. The normaly peaceful town has had its share of murders lately. Black magic is making its way in to the town and making people angry, and not as tolerant or happy go lucky as they usually are. I’m glad Cassie is on the job, because I never solved this crime either. April certainly knows how to write a good who dunnit.
Donna Burns
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
A lot of cute elements to the story, but it just didn't grab me the way other cozy paranormals do. Maybe if it was a bit longer and had a little more depth? I don't know. The narrator, though, did not do a good job, which could be part of the reason I didn't care for the story. The narrator had 2 voices, one for men and one for women. It got a little confusing when the same sex was having a conversation. Doubt I will listen to more of this author.
Krystyna
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Running wild is just asking for trouble.

Terrific. A dead centaur, werewolves, talking cats, magic and more are woven into an engaging little read. Okay it isn't serious stuff but it is an entertaining read with great characters and enough suspects to keep you guessing. Great to see how she gains confidence in not only herself but also her magic. Great read.
Beverly
Oct 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Whodunit

This episode wasn't truly solved until the very end. The author is getting good at her craft. The murderer was not on my list of suspects. That doesn't happen often. Two murders: a healthy, young centaur in his prime and a hired assassin. Is the same person responsible for trying to get rid of Cassia, too?
Aurora
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cassia and Stanley investigate the sudden death of a centaur and discover a multitude of wrongs in Brimstone in this cozy mystery with a touch of magic. It was a fun read with charming characters and a story that kept me thoroughly enchanted.
With cats and gnomes, dragons and centaurs and a host of mysteries to unravel how could you not love this one?
Mom2three
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a fun series and this is a wonderful addition to it. Fantastic characters, a well-developed backstory that keeps the series flowing, an exciting murder mystery with many twists and turns, whimsical and quirky characters, mythical creatures, and a clean romance make this one that readers of any age will enjoy.
Diana Blick
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good of its kind

April Fernsby, as always, writes a good solid mystery, as she has under another pen name. She has adapted well to the paranormal world, and her tales of Brimstone are well thought out. This is an enjoyable story.
Margaret Scharf
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hellfire in brimstone???

This is one of those books you can read n 1 or 2 days. Interesting enough to keep you from putting it down, but not the kind that will stay with you long after it's finished. Recommend it as a good way to cleanse the stress after a long day. Enjoy!
Tanya
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The dentist was not the most popular one around so when he was found murdered, she has to find out who did it and why? There will be many twists and turns. There is another body found and she wonders if she will ever find out who did?.See if she can
Barbara
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
The third book in A Brimstone Witch Mystery series is a well-written book that kept my interest until the end. There is murder, drama, danger, suspense, and black magic. Looking forward to reading the next book. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Terri
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An arrogant century is murdered!

So many disliked him, the suspect list is long! But who would do such a thing? Someone has it in for Cassia! As the black magic settles like pollution on the town of Brimstone, Cassia and Stanley head for home. A delight!
Lynn
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Paranormal cozy mystery. Clean read. loving this series.. This one had a tiny bit of a cliffhanger. But not where it leaves you hanging.
Zoë
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Its a strange style of writing but i love the story line and brimstone
Melinda Labuscagne
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love it a lot. Cassia is getting very goof with the PI work and Stanley is a big help.
I loved Kitty
Janet
Jul 06, 2017 rated it liked it
good story, not as good as the first two books in the series but still good.
Renata Sutton
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
great series looking forward to reading the next one.
1furrball
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Surprise ending

Cassie and Stanley again get the job done. Cassis's Magic is getting stronger. Finding a kitten, named Kitty, brought a surprising creature in Her life.
carmen wisener
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good series

It's a good series of books. They keep me interested thru the whole book, some books just don't do that. They're interesting and the main plot continues thru each book.

• A Dead Husband (Jessica Huntington, #1)
  • These Haunts are Made for Walking (Haunted Tour Guide Mystery, #1)
  • Forever Charmed (Halloween Laveau, #1)
  • Tea & Croakies (Enchanting Inquiries #1)
  • Bottling It (A Wayfair Witches Cozy Mystery, #1)
  • A Walk on the Haunted Side (Haunted Tour Guide Mystery, #2)
  • BlueBuried Muffins (Black Cat Cafe #1)
  • Southern Bound (Max Porter, #1)
  • Magic & Mischief (Starry Hollow Witches #3)
  • Magic & Mystery (Starry Hollow Witches #2)
  • Bedtimes and Broomsticks (Mystic Cove Mysteries #1)
  • The Witch Squad (Witch Squad Mystery #1)
  • Charmed Again (Halloween LaVeau, #2)
  • Of Murders and Mages: Casino Witch Mysteries 1
  • A Witchy Business (Harper Grant Mystery #1)
  • Resting Witch Face (Widow's Bay Book 1)
  • Crossing Over Easy (Eastwind Witches #1)
  • Dark, Witch & Creamy (Bewitched by Chocolate #1)
Sign up to April's newsletter to get her new releases when they are free: www.aprilfernsby.com

April Fernsby lives in the north of England in a county called Yorkshire. Yorkshire has its fair share of hauntings and supernatural events, including a witch called Mary Bateman, aka The Yorkshire Witch, whose skeleton now hangs in a local museum.

April loves all things supernatural and mysterious. Her

Brimstone Witch Mystery (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Murder of a Werewolf (Brimstone Witch Mystery #1)
  • As Dead As A Vampire (Brimstone Witch Mystery #2)
  • The Sleeping Goblin (Brimstone Witch Mystery #4)
  • The Silent Banshee (Brimstone Witch Mystery #5)
  • The Murdered Mermaid (Brimstone Witch Mystery #6)
  • The End Of The Yeti (Brimstone Witch Mystery #7)
  • Death Of A Rainbow Nymph (Brimstone Witch Mystery #8)
  • The Witch Is Dead (Brimstone Witch Mystery #9)
  • A Deal With The Grim Reaper (Brimstone Witch Mystery #10)
  • A Grotesque Murder (Brimstone Witch Mystery #11)