Start by marking “The Calm Birth Method: The Practical Guide for Modern Mamas to Create a Calm, Positive Hypnobirth” as Want to Read:

The Calm Birth Methodisthebook for modern mamas-to-be looking to create a calm and positive birth experience. Offering a direct and no-nonsense approach to birth preparation, this book is designed to give mothers, fathers, birth partners and everyone involved, confidence in the birth process. Hypnobirthing expert Suzy Ashworth explores the physiology and psychology of the

Published July 4th 2017 by Hay House UK

To ask other readers questions about The Calm Birth Method, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Calm Birth Method

Start your review of The Calm Birth Method: The Practical Guide for Modern Mamas to Create a Calm, Positive Hypnobirth
Shannon Monroe
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
I enjoyed this book insofar as it introduced and provided some practical guidance for hypnobirthing. However, I was put off by the book's (and author's) constant reinforcement of brand. The technique of Hypnobirthing, or the Mongan Method, was exclusively referred to as "The Calm Birth Method" or "TCBM," the author's own brand and company. Every interview with a mother who had used the method was pulled from those mothers who had used "TCBM" and had a positive experience, and therefore a ...more
seffron holroyd
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
A little conflicted.

I am not sure how to feel about this book. It seems a little airy fairy, but I am willing to give the exercises and suggestions a shot and see for myself. It did give me some comfort and confidence for some reason that I am not feeling scared of the labor process, even though I have been through it five times and know what to expect.
The breathing exercises are a bit hard to do though when you have the normal pregnancy stuffy nose though.
I loved the birth stories in the book .
Lisa Petronio
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I would classify this as more strategic than tactical in its nature, but it’s very much aligned with the mindset that I want to have approaching birth. I appreciated that it seems to be written (in my opinion) with the idea that these breathing techniques can be used in a spectrum of birthing experiences, especially if the unexpected occurs.
Allison
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Full of encouraging stories and tips for keeping yourself calm during labor. Highly recommend for expecting moms, even if you aren't going for a hypno birth. This book teaches you how to remove the panic the labor can bring.
Rachel Summers
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great tool for preparing for labor and delivery.
Rachael Reid
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it really really good book reading it for the second time now so many helpful tips in a totally un bias way :)
Jul 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Great book for preparing for labor and delivery. I used some of these techniques in births of my first 3 children and it’s a good refresher as I prepare for my next baby.
Jennifer Hamilton
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved that all Birth stories are good Birth stories in here! I was inspired to take in person classes after reading this and had a Calm (& easy) natural birth!! Highly recommend!
Kristine
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great natural birthing book I would recommend to any mom wanting a natural birth experience.
Genna
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book made me feel much more comfortable with the whole birthing experience in general. The breathing techniques also helped me deal with the anxiety I was experiencing throughout my pregnancy
Rachel Routon
Jan 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Some useful reminders and tips for labor.
Jonas Stephan Johnson
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good day all is well please this is i faith a great book through a nativity a person live the life thanks so much god bless proper have it good.
Jun 07, 2019
May 31, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• HypnoBirthing: The Mongan Method
  • Ina May's Guide to Childbirth
  • Mindful Hypnobirthing: Hypnosis and Mindfulness Techniques for a Calm and Confident Birth
  • Birthing from Within: An Extra-Ordinary Guide to Childbirth Preparation
  • The Mama Natural Week-by-Week Guide to Pregnancy and Childbirth
  • Natural Hospital Birth: The Best of Both Worlds
  • Happy Mum, Happy Baby: My Adventures in Motherhood
  • The Positive Birth Book: A new approach to pregnancy, birth and the early weeks
  • Work. Pump. Repeat.: The New Mom's Survival Guide to Breastfeeding and Going Back to Work
  • Official Lamaze Guide
  • Mindful Birthing: Training the Mind, Body, and Heart for Childbirth and Beyond
  • Active Birth : The New Approach to Giving Birth Naturally
  • Birth Skills: Proven pain-management techniques for your labour and birth
  • How to Talk so Little Kids Will Listen: A Survival Guide to Life with Children Ages 2-7
  • How to Grow a Baby and Push It Out: A guide to pregnancy and birth straight from the midwife's mouth
  • The Ocean in Your Bathtub