Start by marking “Bulldog's Girls” as Want to Read:
Bulldog's Girls

Bulldog's Girls

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  283 ratings  ·  43 reviews
Bulldog's Girls is a small town/single mother in danger romantic suspense with a hero in insta-love and a leading lady afraid of commitment. There are some dark bits, and the sex is very descriptive, but overall this is a feel good love story that's sure to make you smile. Enjoy your stay in the lovely town of Green Haven!

Amaya gave up everything to protect her
Published September 18th 2017 by Honey Mountain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Bulldog's Girls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bulldog's Girls

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Bulldog's Girls
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
4 Stars

This book ends at 50% and you get another "free" book after that, which the author plainly states in the book description.

I was going to wait and finish the second book before reviewing this thing, but alas, I just haven't gotten to it.

So this rating is for Bulldog's Girls only.

It was really cute and I enjoyed it.

Mayburn has fast become one of my favorite authors.

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
April Symes
Bulldog’s Girls by Ann Mayburn is one hot romance!! The story starts off by us getting the back story on Mary/Amaya who had some very bad things happen to her and due to that, is running for her life and is having to enter the Witness Protection Program. Which means she has to leave her family, friends and life behind which is so very painful , and the thing is, she has a stalker that is after her and she is only doing this to keep her loved one safe , especially now that she is pregnant.
Fast
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Ann Mayburn delivered a highly emotional journey between Amaya and Paul.

I was immediately drawn into this book. The beginning was difficult to read especially what causes Amaya to run. It took a toll on her family and changed the course of her life.

Amaya is a sweet strong woman who faces the unthinkable. She now focuses and is committed to her daughter. Amaya and a few chosen friends are filling her life with love, laughter and security. Unfortunately, Amaya and Peyton are on the run due to a
Karen
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Truly enjoyable to read as the story really pulls you in. Paul is likable and Mary/Amaya is a great strong woman. I love Michigan themed books because I live on a Great Lake in Michigan. I've been to Renassiance Festival twice....so much fun.

The cover seems to be Paul and I love that you have him winning super bowl twice as a Detroit Lion. True Fiction!!! LOL
Jamie
Oct 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: single-parent
CC
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it

The was a sweet story with an adorable 4 year old and a very strong single mom who I really liked. Paul - aka Bulldog - was awesome. Although I think the author held him back a little, but he was so good with both Amaya and Peyton, I had to love him.

I thought the first 50-70% of the book was really good. Then I felt it fell off the rails and got wrapped up to quickly. I did not like that they were mostly together off page and the story skipped ahead through that. The (view spoiler)
Birdie
This is my first read by Ann Mayburn. In this story we follow Amaya (& Peyton!) and Paul as they fall in love and figure out how to be a family. Amaya is on the run from a stalker, and that's as much as I'm going to say without the spoiler filter. I liked this one, but didn't love it. I think the biggest detriment was actually the length of the story. This was a story that really needed more time to develop, IMO. I'm an epilogue whore, and I'm happy we got an epilogue, but I needed more. ...more
MillsyLovesBooks
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Anyone who knows me, knows i'm a huge fan of all that is Ann Mayburn reads and now i get to add Bulldog's Girls to my favourite's list.

Bulldog's Girls is a heartfelt, emotional read. A story of survival and finding happiness after the darkest of times. With amazing characters this book will pull you in and captivate you're heart and mind.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Amaya suffered at the hands of a despicable person. She survived, but the decisions she'd made after her attack showed her strength and ability to love. My
Jennifer Pierson
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When I read the blurb to Bulldog's Girls, I was instantly interested, but I gotta say, I NEVER SAW THIS PIECE OF FABULOUSNESS COMING! I will very generically break it down in order for no spoiler douchery to appear in my review. Amaya loves her daughter Peyton, and has given up everything for her. With a sadistic unknown enemy hunting her, she lands in a small Michigan beach town, Green Haven, and ends up neighbors with Paul, aka Bulldog, the ex-NFL player who has been burned by love. And they ...more
Heather Mize
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bulldog’s Girls by Ann Mayburn is an AWESOME read!!!!!!! So in the beginning you meet Mary/Amaya who goes through some horrific things and has to enter the Witness Protection Program. Leaving her friends, family and life is difficult but she has to do protect her daughter Peyton. While trying to hide out from a stalker that keeps escalating she meets a kind lady that offers her cottage to Amaya and Peyton. Once there at the cottage she meets Paul McGregor otherwise known as “Bulldog” since he ...more
Lee-anna Dunk
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love bulldogs girl's

Wow i really liked this bookby ann mayburn. I love her style of writing and how quickly she can draw you in and kerp you so engrossed your left wanting more.
Amaya and her beautiful lil girl Peyton had to leave there home in the middle of the night. With practically the clothes on there back. They made it to a lil town that was full of people who wgere related to one another in someway shape or form. Amaya met paul sandras son . Sandra was like a mother figure to her and
Susan Foulkes
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book has all the feels and then some.

It is a story of survival and finding love unexpectedly.

It is an emotional read but it does have lighter moments.

We meet Amaya/Mary as she is leaving her life behind in order to protect her unborn child. She is pregnant as the result of an attack by a serial killer, and is lucky to be alive.

We next meet her, five years later. She and her daughter Peyton are hiding from a stalker.

Enter Paul, her "landlord". He knows she is hiding something but can't
Heather
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW! If I could give it more than 5 stars I would. This book was like a bulldog and once it sunk it's teeth into me it wouldn't let go. I laughed, cried, worried, screamed, and well you name it that is what happened while reading. I could not put it down. Right from the beginning, you just know something bad is going to happen. Mary (Amaya) survived being attacked and left for dead by a serial killer! But at the same time I knew something bad was going to happen, my heart went out to her and I ...more
Tanya Rae ~ TaSTy WordGasms
I found Bulldog’s Girls to be a slow build to loving this book. This is an insta-kinda-love romance. I have, to keep reminding myself that this kind of love really can happen after all I met and married my husband within 4 months after meeting him. So, yes it can happen.

Bulldog is Paul. He got the nickname because when he played football if he got ahold of the ball he didn’t let go. I loved hearing about Paul’s mother who lives in a nudist resort in FL. And, the town that he lives in is full of
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review by: Jennifer
(5 stars)

Paul is a retired pro-football player that has settled down in the town of Green Haven, where the majority of his family happens to be. When he stumbles upon Amaya and her daughter, the need to protect is almost immediate. When it turns out that Amaya is there renting his mother's place and needs a place to stay until some repairs can be made, Paul makes sure that he offers up his home. Amaya is not really in the position to get into a relationship with anyone,
Donna
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bulldog's Girls by Ann Mayburn is an incredibly sweet tale of love and survival. Amaya is a survivor. She has survived an incredible ordeal and come out the other side stronger than before but it came at a cost. Now she is under attack again. She and her daughter head to the small town of Green Haven to escape the new threat and meet retired NFL football player Paul “Bulldog” McGregor. Paul has been coasting since his retirement but meeting Amaya and her daughter has shifted the axis of his ...more
Meghan Murphy
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

Bulldogs Girls by Ann Mayburn is a standalone romance novel. It is an emotional story that gripped my heart from the beginning and made me feel all the feels. I have been a huge fan of Ms. Mayburn's and she continues to deliver amazing stories that I can't help but devour.

Amaya(Mary) is a survivor. She has been placed in the witness protection program and was forced to leave behind her family and her life in order to keep her unborn baby safe. Fast forward quite a few years and Amaya and
Stephanie  Mae
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was different but no less great than books I've come to expect from Ann. Bulldog is very alpha yet sweet. This is an instalove story but with one heck of a twist in the heroine's background. As a single mother, this story makes my heart happy and my soul smile. This is the type of love we all hope to find, especially with how much Bulldog loves Peyton. I'm hoping we learn more about his brothers in their own books! Definitely, recommend this to read on a chilly fall night so it can ...more
Heather.S
Sep 24, 2017 rated it liked it
It always takes me forever to get into a book written in third person. After that it usually flows nicely.

This was a good one. Mary / Amaya was dealt a shit hand and flees. Along the way she has her gorgeous daughter and meets “bulldog”. So this was a good book, had a great back story of why and how... but the misspelling of a lot of words confused my mind and the love after two days made me start thinking this was a fairy tale instead of a suspense. I loved this authors other work, this one
Gskm
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good one

This is a story of a girl who goes into hiding to build a life for herself and her baby after surviving a serial killer. After leaving her family, changing her appearance and name, and building a life...would you believe a stalker puts her on the run again. This story is about the family , friends and wonderful guy she meets along the way to getting her "safe" back. It's only 42% of the book. It's a good story. There is a bonus story for your reading pleasure too.
Laura Parente
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ann Mayburn has a way of telling a story and she captures my heart right from the start with Bulldog's Girls. Her characters have depth, they are real and their plight to survive and find love prevails! There is hot sex, suspense, laughter, tears and a happy ending. What else could we ask for in a book? I truly loved Paul, Amaya and Peyton's story and you will too. I couldn't put it down! It's definitely worth the read.
Alicia
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book has everything in it that I wanted crazy Mom's, nudist, hot ex-pro footballer, would be damsel in distress, crazy stalker, and a fantastic romance as only Mrs. Mayburn can write! I did not want this book to end it was so good. Luckily the main character Bulldog has brothers so maybe Ann will feel the need to go back to Green Haven again. ;)
Casey (KcLu)
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Damn Ann has done it again

I’ll be honest it has been more than a year since I felt the urge to read anything. I’ve had trouble concentrating on any book, but one page into this one and I was hooked. I read this one in one sitting, and it is truly wonderful! Ann has a way oh holding you captive with her words. This is a must read!! You will be as in love with a Bulldog as I am!!
Victoria
3.5 RATING- Guilty Pleasure read with a woman on the run and a sexy ex-football player that falls hard. Instant everything, a cute kid, a sprinkle of fluff and solid enough writing make this an enjoyable read. Book wraps up at about the 50% mark. I feel like this should be a series book as the hero has several brothers and cousins but I didn’t notice that there were other books.
Regie
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Awesome book, read it in one day (thank God for flex time at work, I would have been late this morning ).
Reads easily, and the characters were great. I loved the interaction, chemistry and expected the ending but enjoyed getting there. I got this book from Val’s shelves. I’m glad I peeked
Kathryn
This is one of those stories you just get drug into. The story is good, two hurt adults meet each other and fix each other through love. What holds them apart is the suspense. It's never all as it seems, and this one is dramatic in it's telling.
Tracey
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Omg Ann Mayburn did it again I couldn't put this book down great chemistry between the main characters. Excellent story plot that will leave you wanting more of this book. No spoilers here I voluntarily received this advanced readers copy for my honest opinion.
Trish-Sunshine Reads
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a really good short story. It was really cool to read a book based in my home state of Michigan. Love a good single mother story. Added in with suspense and and a wicked hot hero and you got a super book.
Nat Smithy
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good! Paul was awesome but Mary annoyed me so much! She was so stubborn and cried way too much for a 'strong person'. But overall I enjoyed very much. Loved the ending!
Michalina Hlebowicz
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
kinda boring. It didn't keep me on top of my toe's and nerves and that's what I'm looking for in romance novel's with criminal backgroung.

• Until Mayhem: Happily Ever Alpha World
  • Hail No (Hail Raisers #1)
  • What the Hail (Hail Raisers #4)
  • Law & Beard (The Dixie Warden Rejects MC, #8)
  • Wall Street Titan (Wall Street Titan, #1)
  • Pitch Please (There's No Crying in Baseball, #1)
  • The Loner's Lady
  • The Hookup (Moonlight and Motor Oil #1)
  • Ruin (Gods, #1)
  • Braxton (Rebel Guardians MC, #1)
  • The Hail You Say (Hail Raisers #5)
  • Go to Hail (Hail Raisers #2)
  • Lane (Grim Sinners MC, #1)
  • Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2)
  • Hail Mary (Hail Raisers #6)
  • Assumption (Underground Kings, #1)
  • Gifts (The Killers #3)
  • Falling Fast
Ann is Queen of the Castle to her wonderful husband and three sons in the mountains of West Virginia. In her past lives she's been an Import Broker, a Communications Specialist, a US Navy Civilian Contractor, a Bartender/Waitress, and an actor at the Michigan Renaissance Festival. She also spent a summer touring with the Grateful Dead(though she will deny to her children that it ever happened).