Jump to ratings and reviews

Three Sisters Catering #2

A Touch of Cinnamon

For the past year, Tasha has thrown herself into her catering business with her sisters, but she’s been keeping a secret. The hot, moody owner of Prime Beef is the man she left behind in college...the man she thought she’d never see again. He’s also the only man she’s ever loved.

For the past year, Jericho Smythe has been waging a war with himself. Does he want to know why Natasha broke his heart and left without looking back? Hell yes. But he’s paralyzed by the glimpses he’s gotten of her at Three Sisters Catering and he hasn’t been ready for a confrontation.

Neither of them are content with their lives, but so much has happened since those stolen moments in college. Can the right amount of spice remind them of the love they once shared? A Touch of Cinnamon may be all they need to give Tasha and Jericho back the richness they’ve been lacking.

171 pages

First published January 22, 2018

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Bethany Lopez

100 books2,100 followers
Sign up for my Newsletter for more information about my writing: https://view.flodesk.com/pages/61969e...

Bethany Lopez is a USA Today Bestselling author of more than seventy published works, as both Bethany Lopez and DJ Bryce, and has been publishing since 2011. She's a lover of all things romance, which she incorporates into the books she writes, no matter the genre.

When she isn't reading or writing, she loves spending time with family and traveling whenever possible.

Bethany can usually be found with a cup of coffee or glass of wine at hand, and will never turn down a cupcake!

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
Profile Image for Wendy.
163 reviews12 followers
January 12, 2022
4.25 meant-to-be-together stars

This second installment was a lot more challenging than Book 1, with its flawed characters and a darker background for Jericho. It made this couple more complexe and I enjoyed seeing them finally acting on their wishes. No to mention they had a crazy good chemistry!

I love second chance romances, when they're well done, and I think it was the case here. You immediately know both Tasha and Jericho are still pining for their past relationship. They love each other, but they don't really know how to approach their current situation. Tasha is afraid to let herself drown into him and forget everything around, like she did when they were younger; whereas Jericho wants to know why she never came back and broke his heart. It was a bit frustrating sometimes to see them (especially her) being indecisive, but I could understand why she was reticent considering her family's past.

Jericho's story makes his character feel more tangible. What I mean is, even if I liked Jackson, he looked so dreamy and alike the romantic literary protagonists he taught about, that it was just to good to be true. With Jericho, we have a man with a hard background - and a still bleeding broken heart - that explains why he is tough and broody sometimes. But when they got together again, he became such a sweetheart! I was lovestruck discovering all he did along the years. So, okay, he's a bit dreamy too ^^
Profile Image for Michelle.
2,101 reviews1,250 followers
January 29, 2018
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

cb3c9e0f26ba5de185b58e784d6ea8

A pinch of salt, a touch of cinnamon and 4 cups of love, Bethany Lopez has readers salivating with her latest second chance romance. A Touch of Cinnamon was an emotional and sexy second chance romance done right as Lopez allowed readers to experience the past and present as Natasha and Jericho’s worlds collide in an fashion where their feelings for each other never went away. So if you are looking for a love story, that mixes beauty, pain, honesty, and love then this book is for you.

#atouchofcinnamon

photo MICHELLE1_zps3515xymk.jpg

photo goodreads_zpsnqytqqip.png  photo facebook_zps6dm1m0ce.png  photo twitter_zps6t9ojje7.png  photo instagram_zpsehwpmtqo.png  photo networked-blogs_zpsa9twzuup.png
January 19, 2018
4.5 Cinnamon Stars

I have come to love this author over the past year through her Lewis Cousins series. This is book 2 of the Three Sisters Catering and it is just and sweet and romantic as her others books. This one is baby sister Tasha's story. Second chance love gets me every time.

Even though Tasha abandons Jericho as college to come home to care for her mother, her heart does not forget. Years have passed and Jericho has set up shop in her home town. His restaurant is right across the street from the catering shop. Finally, they are forced to speak to each other in order to keep the peace before her sister's wedding. And guess what?? Jericho's heart hasn't forgotten her either.

So much romance int his one. You just want to scoop up Jericho and keep him for yourself. Perfect match for Tasha. A bit of suspense in here just for added spice. Read Book 1 first--you'll love that one too. One sister to go and I think she has a few secrets that are going to come out!

*Complimentary copy provided for an honest review.
Profile Image for Isha Coleman.
6,794 reviews131 followers
January 21, 2018
In times of heartache, it's the people we love that give us the strength to fight another day. Bethany Lopez has the Midas touch when it comes to writing sweet stories with spicy characters. A Touch of Cinnamon brings a second chance for a love affair that abruptly ended, but refuses to die. A tragic twist of fate cut short what was meant to last, but years later could the force that tore them apart, be the one that reunites them forever? Of all the ironies in the world the love is the greatest puzzle. Ms. Lopez tries her hand at solving that with her humorous look at romance and the healing power of love.
Profile Image for Sofia Lazaridou.
2,734 reviews136 followers
January 22, 2018
A Touch of Cinnamon is the second book in the Three Sisters Catering series and also happens to be a second chance romance. I have to say that is one of my favorites in this genre because it wasn't filled with drama and the flashbacks were good and not tiring. Tasha and Jericho were in a relationship when they were back in college, but Tasha's mom was sick and she had to return to her hometown to help and she was afraid of her feelings for Jericho so she had 2 reasons for leaving him, without even saying goodbye. Jericho was still in love with her when he decided to build a life to the town Tasha was living in. He still is. And so is Tasha even though they won't admit it and they are just awkward with each other when they see each other. Both of them weren't able to move on (fun fact: both of them were celibate the whole time), but finally, at some point in this book they decide to give their relationship a second chance and everything started to run smoothly for them.

I loved the book. In the beginning, I was worried about the flashbacks and the years they were separated, but everything worked out perfectly in this book and I finished the book with a smile which is why I am giving the book a nomination for my top ten reads of 2018. Jericho was a great hero and he made me swoon. He showed how much he loved Tasha instead of just telling her as many heroes do these days. He found their perfect home and build the life they said they wanted, so how could I not love him? He was amazing and unlike many others, he trusted Tasha in the end instead of believing that she would leave him again.

The next book in the series is probably going to be the last unless there is a sister I don't know about and I am very curious about that book. It's Dru's story and for almost all the story I thought her hero would be Mick, but is there a chance for Hector? I want a confirmation on who is going to be the hero because something about Hector having the moves and Mick not dating a client is bothering me. I liked the idea of Mick and Dru and I don't want to see it ruined.

Overall, this book was good and I would recommend it. The hero is amazing and the heroine was also good despite her behavior when she was in college.
Profile Image for 2OCC Reviews.
3,428 reviews238 followers
January 22, 2018
I have been waiting for Tasha & Jericho’s story and it was well worth the wait. Bethany Lopez has given us a wonderful story of lost love found again.

Tasha and Jericho fell in love at college and planned for a future together. But when her sisters called, she left with no explanation. Jericho’s life had not been an easy one and when Tasha left, he was lost.

When he finished school, Jericho and his friend, Hector, opened a restaurant in Tasha’s hometown. Soon after, Tasha and her sisters opened their bakery across the street. When each of them saw the other, feelings from long ago were once again infiltrating their lives and hearts.

Tasha makes the decision to deal with Jericho so that they can move on with their lives. Jericho doesn’t want to move on without Tasha and let’s her know it. Their passion for each other is just as strong as when they were in college and they find their way back to each other.

A couple of twist to their HEA and an epic road trip are thrown in to spice up the story.

A Touch of Cinnamon is the second book in the Three Sisters Catering series and was a quick an easy read.

4 Stars

#2OCCMS
Profile Image for Angi.
225 reviews3 followers
January 21, 2018
I received an advanced copy of this book for free and am voluntarily writing my honest review.

This is book two in this series but can easily be read as a stand alone. This book follows Tasha and Jericho as they come to terms with their past. College sweethearts, their relationship ended when Tasha suddenly left school. Just because their relationship ended doesn't mean their love for each other did. Jericho is determined to recapture what they had and build a future.

Ms. Lopez created a story line that smoothly flowed until the end of the book. Her characters are flawed but perfectly written. As I have come to expect from this author, this book had just the right amount of romance and obstacles. If you have never read any of Bethany Lopez's books, you are missing out!
Profile Image for Laura.
1,372 reviews13 followers
January 22, 2018
This second book of the Three Sisters Catering series can definitely be read as a standalone but, as with any series of interconnected standalones, I think you would have a better appreciation of Tasha if you read A Touch of Salt first.

Tasha is one of the co-owners of Three Sisters Catering. She returned home to finish college when her mother took a turn for the worse but didn't say a proper goodbye to her boyfriend, Jericho. Jericho is the owner of Prime Beef, a restaurant across the street from Three Sisters, and the boyfriend that Tasha left behind. They haven't spoken since the day that Tasha just disappeared from his life without a word but now that they are both going to be in a wedding, they need to be able to be in the same room and have civil conversations.

I think Jericho will go down as one of my favorite heroes of all time. Everything about him was absolute swoon, from his house to his restaurant, even down to his cat. We all need a Jericho in our lives. Tasha is smart and independent but underneath that is a scared girl who needs to move past those fears so she can have an amazing life with an awesome man. There were parts of this book that had me on the edge of my seat furiously reading so I could see what would happen next. From the very first page, I couldn't put this book down. I can't wait to see what's in store for Dru!

*This is my voluntary review of an advanced reader copy*
Profile Image for Brooke.
364 reviews22 followers
January 25, 2018
For my full review click here-> https://goo.gl/S9oCgH

I really enjoyed this book to the absolute max! Which I knew that I would because I absolutely loved the first book. Which with a series and a continuation of stories I'm a sucker for! But A Touch Of Cinnamon was everything that I hoped it would be!

January 24, 2018
4.5 Stars

A Touch of Cinnamon is the perfect title for Bethany Lopez’s book…it’s a little sweet and a little spicy! I’m a huge fan of second chance romance, and I really loved the book and the characters.

I have not read the first book yet, but I have downloaded it after reading this one. Years ago, Natasha and Jericho were each other’s worlds. No one really existed except the two of them. One phone call would change that. Natasha flees back to her small town when she hears that her mother is sick. This is just the reason she needs to leave Jericho, not because she doesn’t love him, but because she loves him too much. She can never allow a man to have that much control of her heart. So, she leaves without one word to him.

Years later, Natasha is helping her sisters run a catering business. Jericho has never really left her thoughts nor her heart. Just a year ago, he showed up in town to open up a restaurant. She has tried her best to avoid her, and he has tried the same. Time for avoidance is over. Can they find a way back to one another?

I loved both Natasha and Jericho. I am so glad Lopez gave me both of their POVs. They acted like they weren’t anything to each other, but with each chapter, I realized that was far from the truth. Jericho had his plans for winning her back well laid out. It might have taken him awhile to get his nerve up to act on it, but I can’t blame him. He had already been burned by her once. I couldn’t really stay angry with her for protecting her heart. She had done that her entire life. I did like that the author also wasted no time in their reconciliation. Once they were together, it was done. Don’t get me wrong, there is a twist in there. That little twist made them love and appreciate each other even more.

One of my favorite things about the book was the flashbacks of their first meeting and the two of them falling in love. It really added depth to the story, and illustrated how very much the two of them loved one another from the very beginning.

I love when a writer creates a cast of characters, not just the main ones. It always makes me feel as if I’m a part of that group. I loved this cast of characters and their relationships with each other. I know there is only one sister left, Dru, who has a story to tell. I’m hoping Hector might get his own book though. I can’t wait to return to this special small town.
Profile Image for Brenda Motza.
326 reviews4 followers
January 18, 2018
After reading A Pinch of Salt, I just had to read A Touch of Cinnamon.

The Three Sisters: Millie, Dru and Tasha own a catering company. Across the street is Prime Beef, a new restaurant and owned by none other than Tasha's former love from college, Jericho, who she abruptly left behind when her mother's illness had taken a turn for the worse. Now, years later and these two keep giving each other the cold shoulder. Tasha, feeling extremely guilty for what she did and Jericho, angry and not understanding why Tasha never told him she was leaving. Millie and Dru told Tasha that she would have to work it out with Jericho, since he was good friends with Millie's fiancé and would, no doubt, be at their wedding. One thing leads to another and Tasha and Jericho end up talking and then later falling into each other's arms.

Jericho had a pretty bad childhood. His mother was an addict who was always looking for her next fix and not caring for Jericho, leaving him to pretty much fend for himself. He comes into some money after the passing of his grandfather, whom he never knew. This money afforded Jericho to get the education he desperately wanted and to also purchase the house that he and Tasha always talked of having and it just so happen to be in the town that Tasha was from. Accident? I think not.

You should really read A Pinch of Salt first. I mean, these are stand alone books but you get the introduction of all of the characters.

I cannot wait for A Splash of Vanilla. Because I am really, really hoping that Dru and Mick get together.

*** I voluntarily read an Advance Reader Copy of this book that I was gifted ***
Profile Image for She's a Lip Biter.
1,336 reviews28 followers
January 27, 2018
Bethany Lopez is a new author for me and one I will definitely seek out in future. She has a great writing style that is comparable with many good author's books I've already devoured.

Natasha and Jericho meet at college and fast form a firm friendship and love for one another. Tash gets a call from one of her sisters letting her know that their mother is in a bad way and she should come home, which she does...but doesn't explain it to Jericho. Years later they meet again...this is their story!

I thoroughly enjoyed the great descriptions of the rooms in the Inn Boonsboro, so much so I had to check them out online! Wonderful descriptions throughout the book of both settings and characters help to easily paint the scenes in your mind.

The characters are extremely likeable..except Jericho's mother..but also very real. The issues are normal everyday ones that readers can easily relate to like finding a balance in your life, family connections (both good and bad) and how important communication is for everyone.

This is quite a fast paced book and super easy to read. It's a 'feel good' story and really does entertain and leave readers feeling good. It is a sweet romance but also has a touch of suspense to keep you on your toes! There is a fabulous touch of humour sprinkled throughout as well to balance things out.

Reviewed by Robyn
Profile Image for Crystal.
1,096 reviews27 followers
January 17, 2018
This is the second book in the Three Sisters Catering series and I highly recommend reading A Pinch of Salt (Book 1) first.
This is Tasha and Jericho’s story.
Tasha is the sister who went away to college, getting away from her small town and living away from her family for a while. When she got the call from her sister about her mom, she packed up everything in her dorm and took off, not even bothering to contact Jericho and let him know what was going on.
Jericho had listened to everything Bethany ever said about her hometown. After graduating from college, and even though he was not over Tasha, he and his best friend Hector opened a restaurant there. He hadn’t seen or heard from Tasha until one day he saw her across the street. It seems that she and her sisters bought the building directly across from the restaurant to use as their catering company, living in the apartments above. They never spoke, never even acknowledged each other until they were forced to when Millie and Jackson (Book 1) became a couple.
This book is just as good as the first in the series. It’s wonderfully written, the characters are real and three dimensional. Ms. Lopez has written a wonderful series and I can’t wait to see what happens in book 3.
Reviewed for Dreams and Screams Bookaholics
January 17, 2018
I was so excited to read A Touch of Cinnamon and read Natasha's story. I wanted all the dirty details of what went down between her and Jericho. Book one, we knew these two had a heated past. I had a feeling that the whole "Can't Stand Each Other" was backed up by heated passion. Eeek! Was I right?

Natasha is the sister that holds the family together. She is the glue. She is passionate with the Three Sisters Catering business and has shown that she is willing to give up anything to make it successful Her love for her sisters is one of a kind.

Jericho has a successful business. Not only is he hot as sin, he is also down to earth. He is buddies with Jackson (whom we also met in book one). He never meant to set roots in the same town as where a woman haunts his dreams. Was it meant to be? Or is it a curse?

At first I though the relationship was too easy for Tasha and Jericho. The past seemed easily forgotten and that was that. Then as I got further into the book, the ghosts from the past start to show and drama unfolds We get unexpected surprises (both good and bad).

The men are AH-Mazing! They ar sex on a stick that is for sure! I am excited for book three in the Three Sisters series and read about Dru. I am stumped though. Will the man in her life be Mick or Hector??? If you have not started this series, you seriously need to get your hands on book one and be ready for this one!

Capture
Profile Image for Becky Claxon.
1,684 reviews6 followers
January 25, 2018
I loved this book! Natasha is one of three sisters who own their own deli and catering shop. Natasha had been at college and was so in love with Jericho Smythe that she felt like she couldn’t live without him. She got a call from her sister Millie telling her that their mother didn’t have much time left. She packed and left without letting Jericho know. Jericho was crushed. Natasha didn’t want to be Iike her mother who felt she couldn’t live without her husband.

A few years later Jericho moved to Natasha’s town and opened his restaurant that he and Natasha had talked about when they were together. The restaurant was right across from The Three Sister’s place. Natasha’s sister is getting married to one of Jericho’s best friends and Natasha knows she has to talk to Jericho about why she left him. The two were so in love, and they both still are. I felt so bad that Natasha had crushed Jericho because she was so afraid of being dependent. I loved watching them get back together and how some of the people closest to them were leery of their relationship. Jericho’s mother is a piece of work and it broke my heart how she treated her son. I didn’t want to put the book down. I strongly encourage you to read the book. I voluntarily read an Advanced Reader’s Copy of this book.
Profile Image for Ani Conda.
100 reviews3 followers
January 16, 2018
This is the second book in the Three Sisters Catering seriesbut I easily read this as a standalone.

For me A touch of Cinnamon was a sweet read. It had love and angst in a gentle amount and it felt like you were riding the slow current to the end. Jericho is strong but fragile and Natasha is a jaded heroine. Both know it starts and ends with each other but obstacles always get in the way. There HEA is a little bitter sweet. I am very intrigued to find out what Dru’s story is and which man she might end up with!

The only thing that I struggled with is the flow of the story. If I had to step away, from reading, and come back to it I found it a little difficult to jump straight back in. That said, once I picked up again I was hooked.

This was a nice introduction to a new author and I look forward to reading book one so I can see how Millie and Jackson fell so in love.
Profile Image for Teri.
3,919 reviews31 followers
January 22, 2018
The first thing that popped out to me was wow she labeled the chapters so we know when it’s past or present. How cool is that. That was all she wrote. The story is one that just grabs your heart and doesn’t let go. The sins of the father and all that but in their case it was his mother her father. These two saw love at it’s worse and while she held it as something to stay away from he saw it differently.

This author brings out the best in this second chance romance and that is why I love her books. My heart is always stretched and my emotions challenged but in this case it wasn’t the desire to hurt the main characters so that is a wonderful change. There is love, patient and true, some excitement, some passion and a whole lot of story.
Profile Image for Sharon.
1,575 reviews13 followers
January 14, 2018
What a great story about Tasha & Jericho!! I absolutely love this series by Bethany! One book better than the next, and you still get to hear about characters from the other books in the series!
Tasha had to leave school to go back home to her mom and sisters, she left with out so much as a good bye to Jericho, the hardest thing she's ever done, but she didn't want to be like her mom and have a man be her whole world.
Jericho fell instantly for Tash, and when she left, his whole world left with her. He built his restaurant in the little town she talked about not realizing he'd be right across the street from her. Can he get over what she did to him?
Follow their story and be prepared to fall hard for Jericho! 5 stars for this one, I highly recommend this book and the series by Bethany! Enjoy!
Profile Image for Marika.
4,284 reviews92 followers
January 27, 2018
Since I've read book 1, I've been ready for Tasha and Jericho's story.
Tasha and Jericho found each other in college, but then Tasha left without a word.
Now here they are and it's time to clean the air..but will they want the same thing?
Jericho and the whole story was so sweet...there was some drama too thanks to Jericho's past.
I love all the characters and I am very intrigued by Mick and Hector.
Can't wait for Dru's story!
Profile Image for Sara.
1,393 reviews175 followers
January 26, 2018
4 Stars!

I really enjoyed this next installment in the Three Sisters Catering series! Tasha and Jericho's story is a second chance romance filled with emotion and longing. There is palpable emotion on the pages. Jericho's backstory is heartbreaking. They have to struggle through surprises and ghosts to get back to their HEA. Their story wasn't easy, but then again, love isn't easy. Lopez did a lovely job with this book!
Profile Image for Laurie Treacy.
Author 58 books88 followers
January 17, 2018
Already hooked on the Three Sisters Catering series after reading the first book, I looked forward to Jericho and Natasha and really enjoyed their story. Jericho is a great guy and Natasha is headstrong and candid. A Touch of Cinnamon is a sweet, charming romance.
Profile Image for Karina Gabriela .
181 reviews3 followers
January 17, 2018
Sweet! This is the word that comes to my mind! I totally loved this story! Even it has some drama almost at the end, I keep on thinking this is a nice/sweet one!
This is the story of Natasha and Jerico, a beautiful one...now, there's only one sister left!
Hope she finds her HEA soon!
203 reviews
February 3, 2018
Tasha and Jericho go way back, they were young and in love. But Tasha was scared and walked away.

Years later they both own businesses opposite each other, can they let go of the past and grab at the future...but many the question is whether the past will let them go...

A lovely book ate kept me hooked, an great follow up from 'Pinch of Salt', I can wait for Dru's book.
Profile Image for Michelle Ferrari-Johnson.
1,557 reviews35 followers
August 31, 2020
When Your Past Is Your Future

So much love between Jericho and Natasha, as well as, unfinished explanations. Trying to explain your past mistakes and realizing you let your future go ~

A touch of cinnamon really does bring out the flavor of your coffee ~
Profile Image for Heather andrews.
9,520 reviews148 followers
January 11, 2018
Jericho is one passionate man, “hey,” I managed, even though Jericho stood before me, seething. I took a step back, then another as he started toward me, slamming the door behind him as he let himself inside." I liked this book, I found it to be a sweet read, I loved Jericho.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 121 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.