Start by marking “Villain (Hero, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Villain (Hero, #1.5)

Villain

(Hero #1.5)

The sexy and emotional companion novella to the New York Times bestselling romance Hero.

Nadia Ray is not just a broadcast meteorologist. She’s Boston’s morning television It Girl. Successful and independent, she’s put a past she’s ashamed of behind her and is forging a future she can be proud of. However, when her new boss discovers her secret he blackmails her, intent o
200 pages
Published December 5th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Villain, please sign up.

Start your review of Villain (Hero, #1.5)
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 stars!!

“I acted like my story deserved a hero. But only a heroine deserves a hero. And I wasn’t a heroine. I couldn’t be. The truth was in someone else’s story… I was a villain.”

Villain is the story of Nadia, a broadcast meteorologist. When her boss blackmail’s her into doing some deep digging into a wealthy man, his best friend Henry decides to fight back. Sparks fly, and hatred of each other evolves when Nadia and Henry realize they are both not what they seem.

But Nadia has a past tha
Alex ♈

AMAZING HEROINE!!!

My kind of a woman!
Strong, intelligent woman with a good poker face; sassy, confident, not without flaws, a bit vulnerable, but still ‘whole’.

I had my doubts about her at the beginning (drama lama with her chef), but then she showed her claws and I immediately climaxed fell in love with her.

"I'm sure you're used to women with gender manners but I'm a straight talker. I don't believe in flowering up a situation so as not to offend delicate sensibilities."

This woman
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
4 STARS
I couldn’t be.
The truth was in someone else’s story …
I was a villain.

Now it's been a hot minute since I read Hero, but it took me no time at all to dive right back into this world. As the fun-loving, easy going, and quick with a smile best friend and business partner to the growly and grumpy Caine, I wasn't sure how Henry would follow. I live for the enemies to lovers trope, an
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
❤️4.5 lovely stars ❤️

Such a beautiful, emotional , fun and fast paced story.I enjoyed Villain so much.I adored Nadia and Henry, they were perfect for each other!Intense,passionate and raw.

The character development was perfect even though it was a short story, but Samantha managed to make me love it so much and make me have feelings throughout the story.

I devoured it and even though I knew it was a novella I wish we had more.If you are a fan of Samantha Young you are going to love it!!

Snow
Dec 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First of all, Samantha Young won me over with her On Dublin Street series...and ever since that first book and then the rest in the series kinda set the stone path of 'angsty romance' drama...

Stories that are full of heart-warming feels, with full blooded humanly vulnerable characters you can relate with, even if their stories and background pasts go beyond your own experiences...you can always relate and feel empathy...amongst other things, as well (insert the angsty drama thrill)

Now, this litt
Eliza
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
★4 STARS★

Proving herself comes as second nature to meteorologist Nadia Ray. Used to being discounted as being no more than a pretty weather girl, she’s worked hard using her brains and charisma and is now well on her way to becoming Boston’s morning television It Girl. She’s earned her place at the station, but with her new found popularity comes the opportunity for her greasy boss to exploit it.

Convinced of a scandal involving billionaire Caine Carraway, her boss has given her the task of diggi
~Stéphanie's Journal~
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Villain was a delicious, fast pace and sexy story between Henry Lexington & Nadia Ray. I enjoyed their banter, the way they act when they are together was genuine and the attraction is very much present.

I always need to be in a certain state of mind when I read a novella. I know that the story and thus the love story will be more insta-love than detailed.
Here, as this story is very much linked to Hero and what's happening, I failed to remember some important information throughout my read. I do
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4.5 'Our extraordinary' Stars!

It has been a while since my last book by Samantha Young. Actually it was the novel where we meet the main couple of this novella: Hero. Since some time has past since then, I decided to re-read Hero first (which I really enjoyed!) and then start reading this. After that, I remembered Henry and Nadia (and how they “meet”) much better and I can now say their love story was really good!

So, as I said, Villain is a spin-off short story of Smantha’s standone Hero and it
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ★'s

This story is about Henry and Nadia and I was so happy to get it especially after reading Hero. Henry and Caine (from Hero) are best friends and when Henry overhears Nadia possibly outing some damaging information about Caine, he goes after her. Thankfully, he finds out where she really stands and comes to her rescue instead.

Henry is a player and Nadia has no interest in that, however, she has had a dry spell and decides to change that. Henry won't fall for that so easily and makes a deal
Sabrina
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crazy-rich
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

This was an enjoyable fast read. I found Nadia and Henry easy to like and even in a short amount of pages their characters were well developed. I did want a little more of an ending but I was still happy with what we got. This is a novella worth reading.
Fre06 Begum
I agree with some other reviewers Nadia was amazing! Nice to read about a woman who is strong and respects herself but can also admit her vulnerable sides too.
Gi's Spot Reviews
4.5 ‘Sexiest Banter’ Stars

Yaaaaaayyyy!!! Straight to the top of my Best Novellas of 2017!

I had a feeling Villain would tick all my romance boxes, well, it went filled my reader cravings to overflow! No exaggeration, Samantha Young was able to compact a clever, romantic and super sexy story in just one novella. Villain gave me EVERYTHING!

Nadia has just started to feel like she is conquering her place in the news scene, as Chicago’s sweetheart broadcast meteorologist. But all that is put to risk,
Jeannine Allison
4.5 stars...

LOOOOOVE 💚

A few of my favorite quotes:
"You know I'm a little tired of men telling me who I am, what I'm worth, and what to do. I really don't need them telling me how I feel."
"One moment of kindness can change everything."
"Kindness costs nothing and yet it's worth everything."
And oh my God!! Henry was perfect...
"I don't want to never see you again."
"Nadia, I am so in love with you. Every moment we're not together, I miss you. I miss you like I haven't seen you in y
Beatrice Masaluñga
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult
I'm so happy that Nadia Ray and Henry Lexington have their own book/novella! I'm intrigued by them ever since I've read Hero (which is one of my favorite books). Their first encounter didn't turn out great and like Caine and Alexa (protagonists in Hero), they were enemies turned into lovers. I'm amused with their witty exchanged of banters which progressed into steamy romance.

There's a little drama ahead which I'm not going to mention to avoid spoilers. It's definitely one entertaining, popcorn
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

I had to do a little re-read of HERO before I started VILLAIN. I couldn't remember much (#Booksalzheimers!) - but don't worry, you don't need to know HERO to understand this novella. BUT, Henry was already mucho adorable in HERO! So you might want to read it first ;) It's a really great love story. Caine and Alexa are soo adorable!

VILLAIN starts with our heroine Nadia at work. She's a broadcast meterologist and now finally happy in a good job at WCVB. But of course it was too good to be true - t
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

Vanessa
4.5 I Love Henry Stars!!

“No lunch dates, no date to the ball, no penis for you. And you don’t want miss out on my penis. It’s a good one.”

OMG, SA-Freaking-WOON!!!

photo 10405299_zpsaecd7g7a.gif

From the moment we met Caine's BFF Henry in Hero, I was smitten. He's sweet, goofy, adorable, and doesn't take himself too seriously. He's also one of the wealthiest bachelors in Boston, so when he sets his sights on Nadia, she struggles to take him seriously. She's convinced that the only thing that can ever be betwe
Jayme
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love every minute of this novel.
Katerina
Dec 11, 2017 rated it did not like it
I love my GR friends, and will always respect their disposition on a book, but I seriously hated this book to the point where I thought some wack ass black magic compelled the high ratings from you guys.

If you've read my reviews before, you should know I analyse the sh*t out of books and minute details will bother me. It's not necessarily exclusive, but it's more likely that it won't bother you, so you may very well enjoy it. I'm that kind of annoying reader.

Reasons why I hated it (this is a l
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead, from the positive reviews this was clearly a ME not the book situation

In their first encounter he was threatening and aggressive with the h( strike 1)
He was stated as charming I found him sleazy( strike 2)
At the ball he left her and went off with OW, it wasn't implied as sexual but nothing was even mentioned about where he was or why he left the h alone (strike 3)
He had OW touching him and was a flirt until the h spoke about it(strike 4)
He went on a business trip and never called
Isabella - Madly in Love with Books
Tina

I guess I can say that I am a little bit disappointed. Just a little *shows with fingers*
I know I know I am spoiled. I got great heroine and I am not giving it 5 stars, especially nowadays when you can’t seem to find a decent heroine with some backbone.
But, I need to say that I am perfectionist in real life and have eye for details so that transfer to my books as well.

I am never satisfied with just one or two good things in books, I want badass heroine, good man of hero after my own
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
I so adored this book!!

I love Samantha Young her writing style it's just so fabulous! She always manages to pull you in and keep you until the end. Even after the ending I keep thinking about the characters.

The cover of this one is just so beautiful as the first one, maybe even more! These characters are so love able!

This one is a favorite of mine of this year!
Shayna
Samantha Young continues to blow me away! VILLAIN was an ADDICTIVE, SEXY, and EMOTIONAL romance that left me with a HUGE SMILE on my face! This enemies-to-lovers type romance gave me ALL THE FEELS and had me swooning, laughing, and blushing from head to toe! I absolutely LOVED this delicious and entertaining novella!

“What? No. We don’t need to have lunch or go to a ball together.”

“No lunch dates, no date to the ball, no penis for you. And you don’t want to miss out on my penis. It’s a good
Betül
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

description

"There was something deeply wrong with me that I could be attracted to a man I didn't even like."

I usually don't read a lot of novellas, because it's too short for me to really enjoy it. However Samantha Young did such a great job in telling a complete story in a limited amount of pages. I enjoyed Hero a lot, so I was pretty excited to get my hands on Villain. I think the title does great justice to the story. Because the two main characters don't
Fei ~ BookLover~
It's a sweet story.
I have a crush on heroine
She's so sassy and strong (i love strong women)
As for the hero.. I don't like him
He's always flirting with ow in front of the heroine..said she's beautiful and smart...(i know it's his nature ...but i still don't like when he do tht)

tht's so romantic...

Even though later he change ...i still can't forget about it (that's how I am)
That's all.. Don't let my opinion on this book refrain you from reading this book ;))
It's been a couple of years since I read Hero so I have to admit I didn't remember anything about Caine's best friend Henry who is one of the main characters in this companion novella but I love Samantha Young's writing so of course I've been looking forward to reading this story. I'm glad I did because Villain is a fab novella with a really sweet romance and genuinely nice characters, I actually would have liked a longer story for them, not because this was missing anything but because I'd have ...more
Riz
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.25 Stars!

Aww, I enjoyed it so! 💗
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
Originally posted at Booklovers For Life

Hero was one of my favorite reads back in 2015. I remember wanting Nadia and Henry’s story so bad, and now we finally have it! Samantha Young doesn’t disappoint – I adored their novella. It’s quick and hot, but with enough heart and emotion to get you hooked onto the characters and story despite the short length. Plus, it’s got the enemies-to-lovers trope, which I’m always up for.

When Nadia and Henry first meet, they make terrible first impressions on one
Fifty Shades of R...: December 2017 BOTM ~ Villian by Samantha Young 1 24 Dec 11, 2017 05:22AM

• American Asshole (Bachelor International Book 1)
  • Stranded
  • House of love
  • Taurus
  • Incantevole e proibito
  • Molto amore per nulla
  • Non cercavo qualcuno da amare
  • Ci vediamo domani se non piove
  • Dirty Doctor (Steamy Coffee Collection, #2)
  • The Stocking was Hung (The Holidays, #1)
  • Tutti i baci che non ti ho ancora dato (I colori dell'amore #2)
  • Conflitto di interessi
  • Venus
  • Getting Played (Getting Some, #2)
  • Ghiaccio bollente
  • Lifers
  • La storia che volevamo
Samantha Young is a New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author. She's been nominated for several Goodreads Choice Awards. Samantha writes adult contemporary and paranormal romance, YA urban fantasy and YA contemporary fiction and is currently published in 31 countries.
She resides in Scotland.