Start by marking “The Company” as Want to Read:
The Company

The Company

(Dirty, Dark, and Deadly #1-3)

Some people are above the law. Those people are called COMPANY.

Twenty-eight-year-old James Fenici has been an assassin since he was sixteen. He's amassed debts and favors from countless Company brothers and participated in hundreds of Company jobs. But there are not enough favors in the world to clear his debt and make him worthy of the only girl he's ever wanted.

Eighteen-
Published June 28th 2017 by Science Future Press

To ask other readers questions about The Company, please sign up.
Dede It combines all 3 of those books into 1. Per her website: "This is not A NEW SERIES, this is the new single-book edition of the three Dirty, Dark, and…moreIt combines all 3 of those books into 1. Per her website: "This is not A NEW SERIES, this is the new single-book edition of the three Dirty, Dark, and Deadly books called Come, Come Back, and Coming For You. Now, collectively called The Company. "(less)

Start your review of The Company
Bj
4 "Promised?" Stars for the story and 4.5 Stars for the narration. Review coming soon to AudioGals.
Lg
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I had read the three books Come, Comeback and Coming For You which make up The Company separately ages ago.

An intricately woven tale of shadow governments, secret spies, assassins, sexy villains and heroes too. A tale of betrayals, who can trust? If your name comes up you are as good as dead. Trying to stay alive and ahead of the evil doings is the name of the game! The Company has all the goods!

A hot, sexy, mind blowing page turner! This is one you don't want to miss!
Avephoenix
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
TRULY MAGNIFICENT FROM BEGINING TO END!
PHENOMENAL STORYLINE and MAGNIFICENT NARRATION!!

Author J.A. Huss's writing is outstanding, original and unique. Her storytelling is vividly graphic, bold, stunning, flawless and with such an engaging writing style. Just brilliant!

I had the pleasure of reading this fabulous trilogy (3 installments) before, so I'll be reviewing this especial Kindle editon in addition to the Audiobook. The story is beautifully well-written, perfectly paced, and with amazingly
Kim BookJunkie ~ Editor & Proofreader
On Huss' website Huss said, "This is not A NEW SERIES, this is the new single-book edition of the three Dirty, Dark, and Deadly books called Come, Come Back, and Coming For You. Now, collectively called The Company. "
Keila
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not your average romance novel - kept me guessing the whole book, but I loved Sasha’s character (the thirteen year old).
Kelly
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Read each book individually when they first came out :)
hopelesslyinlovewith_books
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a wild, crazy, twisted, f*cked up rollercoaster ride this book was! So many twists and turns! You couldn’t tell which way was up or down and when you finally get to the point where you realize what’s really going on it’s mind blowing! It smacks you right in the face! Only special kinds of authors can do that to you and JA Huss is definitely one of those authors. She an amazing writer and I can’t wait to see what she comes up with next!
Maria
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Probably my favorite by JA Huss. Loved everything about it ❤️
Carissa
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm so glad I decided to give this series another shot. I thought it was good!
Judy.Ca
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: h, kindle-unlimited
This one dragged a bit but still so good 😁
Maria
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
FIVE MASSIVE FREAKING STARS ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
If I could I’d give this audiobook more stars I wouldn’t hesitate.
I saved this ebook until I had the audiobook in my library, and let me tell you it didn’t disappoint.
What a web Ms Huss did weave, because let me tell you all she has me sitting on the edge of my seat with every chapter I read.
The characters within this book will blow your mind, this story of The Company will freak you out because there is some truth to all of this. If you haven’t figured it o
Nicole B
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the JA Huss that I love. This audio had it all. Dominant alpha, strong sassy heroin, underestimated assassin 13-year-old girl, suspense, revenge, love, sabotage, and on and on. It kept me anticipating all the characters next moves and not wanting to turn it off. A must listen if you want, not only dark and sexy as hell, but also a great story, where the characters are well-developed, there’s something new in every chapter, and your emotions will be pulled in every direction. The dual nar ...more
Bianca
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Totally mind blown. Absolutely adored James. But this book just messed with my mind. Still have sooo many questions....guess I just need to read more from Ms. Huss.
Christina Balaz
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
COME
I loved this introduction into a new world with its new (ish) characters. Though the start and a few times after that was a little slow going for me, I felt my attention wandering as I just had so many questions throughout the book but it did keep me intrigued and had kept me going to find out more. I know those answers will be revealed later, and I absolutely can’t wait to find out what happens with Harper and James, but I’m so impatient I’m dying to find out what they are.
Harper took me a
Tanya
Jun 14, 2020 rated it it was ok
Audiobook review - idk what I was expecting but I guess I had really high expectations from this one...I was basically curious about Sasha ...I honestly read the Rook Ronin spinoff because of her as I read the first chapter of Wasted Lust nd wanted to know about Ford and Spencer more...I was not impressed ...I feel her character is exaggerated like she is described time and time again such badass and all that but really what does she do to earn that ? Wasn't much impressed with the James nd Harp ...more
Jennifer Mcclarity
Really good read.

This entire story was really good. The storyline was great as well as all the characters. The story was intriguing, suspenseful, made you really think, confusing, interesting, crazy, erotic, page-turning, awesomeness. The twist and turns were great. It was long too. There were a few times after I got past 60% that I was ready to find out what was going on and who was telling the truth. That bothered me because there was so much story left and there was a lot of wondering who wa
Veronica LaRoche
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely a must read series

Come
I love, love this book.. JA can do no wrong.. Once I started to read Come I didn't not want to put it down.. Hello James.. even though he is a killer/ stalker he is a sexy killer/stalker.. I love this characters Harper and James are so right together, I can't wait to read more.

Come Back
Holy Sh*t. What can I say beside this book was amazing. It keep me on edge, the suspense was killing me. Who was on who's side, I could not get enough. I NEED more ASAP. Amazing se
K. Nilsson
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Doubling back from Spencer Shrike's book to catch up on James Fenici.

Boy once you get pulled into one of Julie's world's you are not backing out until you meet the whole family. We know nothing more about James than the last chapter of the Shrike book, but of course, we need more.

This book may be about Harper, but Harper has no relevance in this book without James.

James makes the story even though it's told mostly through Harper's voice. She's running, hiding, and was just introduced to sex
deityreads
Oct 29, 2017 rated it liked it
I don't know why this author is so vulgar. she even calls the end of her books “end of book sh*t” and it's not funny. anyway about this book, im very surprised I've endured to finish this series. until the very end, my feelings for the characters are pretty much non existent. i just dont believe them. the story is all over the place. it lacks depth and is confusing as hell. I don't feel any chemistry between James and Harper. they just basically have hot sex and that's it. I don't even believe t ...more
JK☆
3.5⭐
Ok so from what I gather, "The Company" is actually a slightly retooled and complied version of the Dirty, Dark & Deadly series which features "Come", "Come Back" and "Coming For You". I wish I'd known that going in so that I might've been better mentally prepared and then maybe the last third or so of the story wouldn't have had that tedious edge to it. But that being said... it was a compelling, action packed story with a range of characters. There were moments where I did put it down here
Jill  Kirtley
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Murder, intrigue, love and lies!

The Company by J A Huss is a story of intrigue, murder, love, and lies. James Fenici is a Company assassin, Harper Tate is in hiding from the Company, Sasha Cherlin is an orphaned Company teenager , who together are on a dangerous journey. Not knowing who to trust is the hardest part in this deadly game. I love the bickering between James, Harper, and Sasha, (killers bickering is seriously funny). It's a compelling read that you won't be able to put down. A brilli
Suzume
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People who like dark and twisted, but not abusive.
No one starts a book better than JA Huss. No one. Usually, I'm only 7-10% in and I already can't wait to get to know the characters. What makes them tick, how they got where they are (spoiler: they are usually NOT in a good place.) This book involves some interesting world-building, even though it feels like it is just modern-day America with a slight twist. There are little glimpses of things that make you wonder. James is seriously hot, and Harper is tough but human. I love how she loves. And ...more
Jill  Kirtley
May 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Company (Rook & Ronin #6) by J A Huss is a story of intrigue, murder, love, and lies. James Fenici is a Company assassin, Harper Tate fled from the Company, and Sasha Cherlin is an orphaned teenager who knows more than most when it comes to Company business. Together they are on a dangerous journey and not knowing who to trust is the hardest part in this deadly game.
I love the bickering between James and Sasha, (killers bickering is seriously funny). It's a brilliant, compelling, and exciti
K
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was ok
Not a fan of bait and switch. Lead female was introduced as someone with the potential to kick anyone’s ass... but she fell way short and was then overshadowed by a 13 year old. Other potentially interesting loose ends were left hanging with a promise of additional books—which I’m not opposed to completely, but based on this “conclusion,” I can’t trust they’ll ever be adequately tied up. With that, I just don’t have enough free time to dedicate more to these characters.
Dani
I'm not sure how to even rate or review this book. Half the time I was not sure what the hell was going on and then when I finally thought I knew what was going on than bam I was fooled again. While I liked the book I didn't love the book. I thought James, Harper and Sasha were great I just never knew who to trust or who was telling lies. This book had me torn up the entire time and I'm still not sure what the hell happened with Nick. Overall good read.
J  Rawlings
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You won't be able to put The Company books down ---- spellbinding!!!!!

Reading Julie's books are a MUST because she weaves such storylines you cannot imagine exactly what will happen next ---- and how one book leads into the next and you meet new, fascinating characters that you wonder how they will fit into this book or the next one. I am forever hooked on ANYTHING she creates!!!!!!
Norma
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'd read this a couple of years ago, so this was a first listen of the audio. I loved reading this story. The audio took that love to another level. The narrators brought a complex and heartfelt story to life that left me emotional. Yes, I knew what was coming in each story, but this audio truly upped the story.
Michelle
Jun 12, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: audio
Rose Maniscalco
Dec 28, 2019 rated it liked it
This book took me ages to finish. At times there was so much going on and everyone double crossing everyone and at other times it felt like nothing happened for pages and pages.

I kept putting it down and picking it back up, determined to finish it. I loved the whole Rook and Ronin series and even liked James in Guns, but in his own book I didn't love him as much.

I did like Harper and I feel Nick is an interesting character as well, and I loved Sasha from Ford's book as well. Overall, I think th
Joanne Coughlin
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely Amazing

This book blew my mind! Had me at the edge of my seat, trying to hold on and not stop reading! The audio version was great! Can't wait to continue to read more about Sasha! Loved her the most!

• Styx (Walk Of Shame 2nd Generation #2; Walk of Shame #5)
  • Always Crew (Crew #3)
  • Kash (Walk Of Shame 2nd Generation #3; Walk of Shame #6)
  • Midnight Kingdom (King of Shadows, #3)
  • Summer Queen (King of Shadows, #2)
  • Cancer (The Zodiac Queen, #4)
  • From That Moment (Promise Me)
  • Slade (Walk of Shame, #1)
  • Savage Burn (Savage Trilogy #2)
  • The Evolution of Man (The Trust Fund Duet, #2)
  • Inflame Me (Ravage MC, #4)
  • The Secret (Arranged Series #2)
  • The Havoc We Wreak (The Four #3)
  • Thrust
  • Candy Ever After (Hot Candy, #2)
  • Breaking Stars (The Celebrity, #2)
  • The Living Canvas (Master of Trickery Duet, #2)
  • Candy Boys (Hot Candy, #1)
J.A. Huss never wanted to be a writer and she still dreams of that elusive career as an astronaut. She originally went to school to become an equine veterinarian but soon figured out they keep horrible hours and decided to go to grad school instead. That Ph.D wasn’t all it was cracked up to be (and she really sucked at the whole scientist thing), so she dropped out and got a M.S. in forensic toxic ...more

Dirty, Dark, and Deadly (3 books)
  • Come (Dirty, Dark, and Deadly, #1)
  • Come Back (Dirty, Dark, and Deadly, #2)
  • Coming for You (Dirty, Dark, and Deadly, #3)

News & Interviews