Start by marking “The Search for Mother Missing: A Peek Inside International Adoption” as Want to Read:
The Search for Mother Missing: A Peek Inside International Adoption

The Search for Mother Missing: A Peek Inside International Adoption

SPECIAL ADVANCE COPY: In this contemporary tale detailing a two-week trip that explores intercountry adoption from South Korea, twin sisters naively travel to their birth city of Seoul in search of their Korean family. Little incidents along the way serve as a catalyst which leads them into a worldwide modern-day adoptee-rights movement seeking truth and transparency. If y ...more
Published June 29th 2017 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about The Search for Mother Missing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Search for Mother Missing

Start your review of The Search for Mother Missing: A Peek Inside International Adoption
Ugadi Si
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this book a lot, it will help to improve thinking about caring the child. Thanks.
Nancy Marandi
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nice book, i love it, it has a great concept about our twins, really usefull thanks to the author.
Michael Wells
Jun 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finding truth

This is a very insightful and well written book. Follows the struggles of an adoptive from Seoul South Korea. It is very emotional, heartbreaking and that the end a wonderful ending. I highly recommend this book and I think the author did a good job.
Samor
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's an interesting book to read, thanks to the author's effort in collecting facts and information for this book. Thank you. ...more
Emily Kessler
Feb 26, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adoption, 2021
I appreciated the way the Janine Vance drew me into her story, sharing the journey of her life as a transracial, international adoptee. Pieces of her story are heart-wrenching, and the injustice of others' actions to her as an adoptee are infuriating. I am glad to have read this book, and am challenged to ask harder questions about the adoption industry.
While I enjoyed the writing and the subject matter, the editing of this book left a good bit to be desired. Misplaced commas that disrupted the
Megyn Rimes
Jan 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A Fascinating biographical story of the heroines, adoptees from South Korea, twin sisters Vance, and their quest for the truth behind their dubious adoption story. A gripping two week root travel of personal exploration with shocking, yet poignant and sincere, revelations of the truth behind the industry… A must read for everyone caring about international human rights.
Sazzad
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The book is really awesome.. Actually I love to read this kind of books. The love for mother's twin sisters was very much affectionate.The book is very much fascinating.. I love this book so much..The author did a great work on this book.. ...more
Rayan Rahman
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is really a good book for twins I love this book it's fantastic thank you. ...more
Maya Hossen
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of the most emotional book I have ever read. A story can be there that way that be on my imagination well effort on writing keep it up.
Elahi Tuhin
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of the best book I have a read in my life best retailing was awesome and the plot was great I love this book
Dwee Andrea Nugraha
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book to read. The story is very complex, Thrilling, Romance, and affection of Family, they are all already inside in this book. Trully good and inspiring book !.
MD Arafat
Rubel
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book its represent the condition of modern world. Twins found in a box make me cry I love this book.
Duke Bane
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love the book, very fascinating especially the twins
Rafi Asadujjaman
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read this book and think this is a fantastic group for twins thank you.
Ar Faisal
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is very nice book. just complete it now.
Niraj Timila
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's very fascinating book . Must read book for all book lovers this book shows the love of the mother and search for mother with the great tale ...more
Alice Serena
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love it the articles are great.
Mithun Ahamed
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow i am so happy to read this book it was so good story.
Kapil Nirwan
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's a good, fascinating and twins story book. I love the story. This book was very well written. I would highly recommend this book to everyone. ...more
Rong Donu
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this book so much. It is a beautifut twins baby story book. People will be happy by reading this book. All should read this book. Thank you.
Leedhanu
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
i love janine vance all storys i love so much thank you
Sakhawat Sojib
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a good book. I like this. it is a fascinating. Its a story of twins.
Vasili
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this book. Fascination story about lost twins. Already read it twice.
Amme
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The book is great,fascinating and interesting.I love this book.
Mishkatmishu
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
awesome book here have love, fascinating history.i like this book
Tasfin Zubayer
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Its a nice book to read. i just love it. very fascinating this is. Love to see this twins copy will be available soon.
Manish Jr
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It is interesting book. Thank to to author to write such a nice book with collection of good information.
MAINAK MAJUMDAR
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It is a fascinating book. A story of twins. I love this book.
Alex
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love to read this books,interesting book,i was not bored for any moment by readimg this book,thnx to the author for publishing this fascinating book...

• Lights on the Sea
  • Adoptionland: From Orphans to Activists
  • Adoptees: We Are Not Who They Think We Are
  • Adoption: What You Should Know
  • The Unknown Culture Club: Korean Adoptees, Then and Now
  • Adoption Stories: Excerpts from Adoption Books for Adults
  • The Girls Who Went Away: The Hidden History of Women Who Surrendered Children for Adoption in the Decades Before Roe V. Wade
  • Rabbit-Proof Fence: The True Story of One of the Greatest Escapes of All Time
  • Orphan Trains: The Story of Charles Loring Brace and the Children He Saved and Failed
  • Empty Cradles
  • Mail-Order Kid: An Orphan Train Rider's Story
  • The Connected Child: Bring Hope and Healing to Your Adoptive Family
  • The Primal Wound: Understanding The Adopted Child
  • The Child Catchers: Rescue, Trafficking, and the New Gospel of Adoption
  • The Adoption Machine: The Dark History of Ireland's Mother and Baby Homes and the Inside Story of How 'Tuam 800' Became a Global Scandal
  • The Baby Thief: The Untold Story of Georgia Tann, the Baby Seller Who Corrupted Adoption
  • Twenty Things Adopted Kids Wish Their Adoptive Parents Knew
  • All You Can Ever Know

International multi-award recipient and gold-medalist author, Janine Vance, Ph.D., Philosophy, Specializing in Conscious-Centered Living (2019), is the author of numerous books on the topic of Metaphysics and Eastern Philosophy for beginners.

Her recently released books include, Rise from the Dread, and The Power of Isolation

Vance has also written about her adoption experience in the books, Amer

News & Interviews

Nature, in Her infinite awesomeness, can provide solace even when you’re stuck in the house. As a matter of fact, the numbers suggest that...