Start by marking “Startalk Young Readers Edition” as Want to Read:
Startalk Young Readers Edition

Startalk Young Readers Edition

Now abridged for YA audiences, this beautifully illustrated companion to celebrated scientist Neil deGrasse Tyson's popular podcast and National Geographic Channel TV show is an eye-opening journey for anyone curious about the complexities of our universe.

For decades, beloved astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson has interpreted science with a combination of brainpower and ch
Published March 20th 2018 by National Geographic Society

To ask other readers questions about Startalk Young Readers Edition, please sign up.
Anne No. This book is geared toward middle grade readers, 5th-8th grade, so if your 4th grader is a strong reader, it should be fine. But it won't be too…moreNo. This book is geared toward middle grade readers, 5th-8th grade, so if your 4th grader is a strong reader, it should be fine. But it won't be too easy.(less)

Alex (not a dude) Baugh
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: information-book
Neil deGrasse Tyson is my newest hero. He's knowledgeable, he's got a great sense of humor, and he knows exactly how to get people, including kids, interested in the universe. This young readers edition of Startalk is based on deGrasse Tyson's popular podcast and TV show on the National Geographic channel. The book is divided into four sections: Space, Planet Earth, Being Human, and Futures Imagined. The topics covered in each section aren't in-depth studies, but rather small information bytes t ...more
Vera Godley
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is one of those books that has a lot of information geared for the young mind of a seeking child who will glean so much information that will not only pique his interest but will also enrich his understanding and grasp of a variety of topics related to space, the universe, and other related topics including humanity.

There is not a lot of deep science in this book but enough to capture the young readers attention for browsing or more in depth reading.

The book presents in four segments: 1) Sp
Kristi Bernard
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Could you be stuck up in a space capsule for three years just to walk on Mars? Have you ever wondered where comets come from? Are you curious about how the earth and the sun were formed? Once inside this fascinating guide, all of your questions will be answered.

If you don’t know who Neil deGrasse Tyson is, you might be living in a cave with no television or radio. Startalk Radio first hit the airwaves in 2007 with Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson sharing his love and enthusiasm for all things
Rachel
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*I was kindly sent this book for review by Media Masters Publicity. As always, all opinions are my own.*

What's it about? Startalk is an awesome coffee table type book that encourages readers, young and old, to explore topics in science with Neil deGrasse Tyson. With the help of pictures and easily accessible material, Startalk helps readers to learn and to enjoy learning about our world around us.

My thoughts: I thoroughly enjoyed this book! The coffee book style was so great to dive in to.
Kellee
This book is everything you would think a book by Neil deGrasse Tyson named after his National Geographic Channel’s late-night talk show and his podcast. Tyson mixes culture, creativity, and science in a fun and interesting way that will suck in readers of all kinds in.

I loved the structure of the book! The mix of Tyson’s answers to science-based questions, fun facts about the topics, extension activities, and all sorts of other fun text features! And the topics are so interesting! Split into sp
Mrs Mommy Booknerd http://mrsmommybooknerd.blogspot.com
This book is one of the BEST I have seen! It is awesome how it is laid out!!! It is like a vision sensation! There is so much to look at and read! I am sure that you could read this over and over and over and learn something new. Here is a fun tidbit: The largest black hole that could have evaporated since the big bang would have to have been smaller than an atomic nucleus. Learn about this and so many more awesome and fascinating facts in this book! It is jam packed with things that I find fun, ...more
Jonathan Lu
Nov 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Great coffee table book - lots of fun that combines scientific edutainment with esoteric pop culture knowledge. I normally would not read a book like this cover to cover except that I received it free and love Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Better suited as a reader for those without a scientific background if the intent is to learn about science. For a coffee table book, hard for anyone to find a better option. From interview snippets with Michio Kaku to discussions about the physics of superheroes, you’l
H
May 02, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
What book answers questions about zombies, Klingons, time travel, and dinosaur extinctions? This one. A tome with answers that younglings will easily digest about some important scientific issues as well as fun topics such as how to travel near a black hole. Read a page at a time or whole chapters and as Neil deGrasse Tyson says, "Keep looking up."
Two BookWorms Blog
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
SpaceTalk opens our ideas of space in a very understandable and relatable manner. Readers will understand that Earth is more than a single “big blue marble” hung in space; it is an interconnected part of the whole universe.

For the full review: https://twobookwormsblog.wordpress.co...
Anne
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cybils, junior, nonfiction, ya
I loved this book with it's little pieces of information about a whole lot of things. If I had a science-y kid, I would certainly have this book to lay around the house to ignite the brain and imagination.
Tim
Nov 19, 2018

• Twelve Days in May: Freedom Ride 1961
  • Beastly Brains: Exploring How Animals Think, Talk, and Feel
  • Sabotage: The Mission to Destroy Hitler's Atomic Bomb: Young Adult Edition
  • First Flight Around the World: The Adventures of the American Fliers Who Won the Race
  • Heads Up Psychology
  • Scaly Spotted Feathered Frilled: How do we know what dinosaurs really looked like?
  • Martin Luther King Jr.
  • Chocolate: Sweet Science  Dark Secrets of the World's Favorite Treat
  • Animal Planet Ocean Animals (Animal Bites Series)
  • Vietnam: A History of the War
  • Motor Girls: How Women Took the Wheel and Drove Boldly Into the Twentieth Century
  • Iron Rails, Iron Men, and the Race to Link the Nation: The Story of the Transcontinental Railroad
  • Thrice Told Tales: Three Mice Full of Writing Advice
  • The Bat Scientists
  • Freedom Summer: The 1964 Struggle for Civil Rights in Mississippi
  • Eyes of the World: Robert Capa, Gerda Taro, and the Invention of Modern Photojournalism
  • Animal Atlas (An Animal Planet Book)
  • The What's Happening to My Body? Book for Boys: A Growing Up Guide for Parents and Sons
Neil deGrasse Tyson was born and raised in New York City where he was educated in the public schools clear through his graduation from the Bronx High School of Science. Tyson went on to earn his BA in Physics from Harvard and his PhD in Astrophysics from Columbia.

Tyson's professional research interests are broad, but include star formation, exploding stars, dwarf galaxies, and the structure of our